Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:39:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
FrankieSaysRelax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:52:52 PM

I pointed both my miners to clevermining. I will let y'all know how good I do there. H2o if you fix your pool, I might come back.

I tried it for about an hour earlier, but with only a US server the rejects were > 25% on my rock solid rigs, so no good for me.

seems like even with 25% rejects, the profits there would have been much better than they were here the last few days. The good days are not making up for the bad days. This month on here has been absolutely horrible. It's definitely time to try different pools.
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:05:21 PM

If you guys want to maximize profits, you need to strike out on your own and mine for yourself.  Don't think the profit switchers are going to be able get you more $/day than you could doing it yourself because they simply can't.  

True but I am OK with less than absolutely optimal profits. I have a day job and I just can't manage all of the switching, new coins, and coin wallet management.

That is what I am paying via fees the pool for.

If I get on average 0.01~0.014 BTC per MH/s I am happy. Anything more, great.

But MiddleCoin for the past 3 days has just been abysmal. Even when it was bad before we would get word from H20 in around 12 hours or less via Twitter or IRC that he is working on it.

But now, nothing.

The ONLY reason I still stayed was because of the higher on average payouts.

Now, that reason is gone too.
GunPowder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

Switched to Clevermining, Wafflepool and Altcoinplex
Equal speeds to CM and WP, just to compare
Will see..
CM is giving me more than 50% rejects.. Not good, not good
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

If you guys want to maximize profits, you need to strike out on your own and mine for yourself.  Don't think the profit switchers are going to be able get you more $/day than you could doing it yourself because they simply can't.  

The ONLY reason I still stayed was because of the higher on average payouts.

Now, that reason is gone too.

Exactly my sentiments. The fanboys can stay on and loss money but at this point the payouts are so poor, you have nothing to risk by switching. The last few days,. you could have made more mining LTC than mining on MC.
Pierre3400

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:28:06 PM

Will see..

You should really try out waffle, i moved my mining there, and i love the stats on everything, you get values in individual coins and everything. I am already almost half way to the to where MC is from 12hours mining, and thats with only 2 hours down.
johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:33:17 PM

Will see..

Nice, which one give you higher payout as of now?
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:34:13 PM

Will see..

You should really try out waffle, i moved my mining there, and i love the stats on everything, you get values in individual coins and everything. I am already almost half way to the to where MC is from 12hours mining, and thats with only 2 hours down.

It also depends on the difficulty you set.

I am no expert so the best advice I can give is to simply try out different difficulties to see what works.
Pierre3400

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:38:02 PM

Will see..

It also depends on the difficulty you set.

I am no expert so the best advice I can give is to simply try out different difficulties to see what works.

Or just run auto
igroock

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:49:57 PM

Its wrong for anyone to threaten h2o by revealing their personal info, that should not be done, period. BUT, as a pool operator he has a responsibility to communicate and fix problems. If people are bailing he will not be making money, and we wont any money by running into issues on the server, its a 50/50 relationship. At the end of the day, if you dont have the will power or the balls to run a business, then get out. If he is going the way of MtGox, people will find an alternative, and they will switch.

To comment on CleverMining, that server is giving me 10%+ rejects on avg, thats terrible. Pool owner Terk says its normal, I say otherwise. A lot of people are having a ton of rejects on that pool, and I cant vouch for the advertised profits.

Will be running on WafflePool in the time being. If h2o gets his shit together and fixes the problems, then I will come back.
GunPowder

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:52:25 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:16:30 PM by GunPowder

Will see..
Nice, which one give you higher payout as of now?
Waffle is giving less rejects (even less than MC gave) so I'm turning all miners to there. Also, immediatly after I swiched to WP, I found a block of LottoCoins! So nice Smiley

Bye bye, middlecoin with your ~3.88% fee (Waffle takes 1% for all process), nice to met you.. And please don't forget to paid out the rest of blue BTC.. Thank you
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:03:00 PM

You guys shouldn't make an huge dual out of rejects, it can happen on coins with fast block time. I mean, don't let that move you away from pools more profitable.

You can see what I mean on coinchoose. There's "Profitability" and "Profitability adjusted for stales". If the latter is highest, it's still the most profitable, even if the miner output looks ugly if you decide to mine it.

Let's say Litecoin gives me 0% rejects. Do I want to profit-mine it?

Or perhaps your rig isn't very well configured for a coin-hopping pool. Play around with "intensity", "scan-time", "expiry" and "queue". There are 2 or 3 threads about it.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
GunPowder

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:07:11 PM

You guys shouldn't make an huge dual out of rejects, it can happen on coins with fast block time. I mean, don't let that move you away from pools more profitable.

You can see what I mean on coinchoose. There's "Profitability" and "Profitability adjusted for stales". If the latter is highest, it's still the most profitable, even if the miner output looks ugly if you decide to mine it.

Or perhaps your rig isn't very well configured for a coin-hopping pool. Play around with "intensity", "scan-time", "expiry" and "queue". There are 2 or 3 threads about it.
Why rigs configured for coin-switching pool MiddleCoin are giving >50% reject on the coin-switching CleverMining? And giving <1% on the coin-switching WafflePool?
Could you please advise? My usual reject rate on the MC was around 1..2%. Why CleverM acting so different?
Prima Primat

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:12:09 PM

Please be advised, I have taken care of my situation and the negative rating on my Trust score has been removed.

From thehun.

Quote from: eroxors on Today at 09:17:55 AM
Is tealover's debt resolved?

No, I never heard back from him

tealover seems to be a complete sociopath and a complete moron at the same time, lol.
Wipeout2097

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Why rigs configured for coin-switching pool MiddleCoin are giving >50% reject on the CleverMining? Ans giving <1% on the WafflePool?
Could you please advise?
Well, it's not easy for me, because coin-switching pools are just for fallback: i.e. I have nothing else more interesting to mine. Since it's an hobby, being enthusiast/learner is also important vs ROI and profit, heh. Then there's the issue that multi-coin pools crush coins...

What I do know is that "scan-time" and "expiry" defaults are too high, coming from Bitcoin days. Consider 10 or 15 on each, I dunno, there are other threads here at BTCtalk that discuss them. Then, very high intensity seems detrimental (perhaps due to use of basic CPUs, pay attention if CPU usage is too high with your settings, and try intensity 18 if you had 20 and 12 if you had -I 13 -g 2)

So, if you're mining a "fast" coin on one pool (vs a slow one elsewhere), maxing out Kh/s with high intensity, lots of work may be lost. "Middle-ground" settings work better.

Then, there's also network latency from your rigs to the chosen stratum server(s). High latency is terrible for coins with fast block time. Ping or tracert the servers and choose closer ones.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
GunPowder

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:21:23 PM

Well, it's not easy for me, because coin-switching pools are just for fallback: i.e. I have nothing else more interesting to mine. Since it's an hobby, being enthusiast/learner is also important vs ROI and profit, heh. Then there's the issue that multi-coin pools crush coins...

What I do know is that "scan-time" and "expiry" defaults are too high, coming from Bitcoin days. Consider 10 or 15 on each, I dunno, there are other threads here at BTCtalk that discuss them. Then, very high intensity seems detrimental for ones with basic CPUs, pay attention if CPU usage is too high with your settings (try intensity 18 if you had 20 and 12 if you had -I 13 -g 2)

So, if you're mining a "fast" coin on one pool (vs a slow one elsewhere), maxing out Kh/s with high intensity, lots of work may be lost. "Middle-ground" settings work better.
"scan-time" and "expiry" are already done to "15" when I started with middlecoin, intensity the same, I never do more than "13". With middlecoin it worked fine, I could reduce rejects a lot.
Wipeout2097

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

What I do know is that "scan-time" and "expiry" defaults are too high, coming from Bitcoin days. Consider 10 or 15 on each, I dunno, there are other threads here at BTCtalk that discuss them. Then, very high intensity seems detrimental for ones with basic CPUs, pay attention if CPU usage is too high with your settings (try intensity 18 if you had 20 and 12 if you had -I 13 -g 2)

"scan-time" and "expiry" already done to "15" when I started with middlecoin, intensity the same, I never do more than "13".
Then if it's isn't latency to server or high cpu usage (not only CPU% but interrupts per/second and such), I have no idea

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
GunPowder

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

"scan-time" and "expiry" already done to "15" when I started with middlecoin, intensity the same, I never do more than "13".
Then if it's isn't latency to server or high cpu usage (not only CPU% but interrupts per/second and such), I have no idea
I think that is what you called "latency to server" cause CleverM only has US host, its a quite far from me. May be if they set some EU host situation will turn to good, who knows. But I'm with Waffles for now Smiley
gsrcrxsi

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:32:20 PM

welp, bye MC.

maybe ill come back. but if i continue to get better payouts and more transparency from cleverwafflebros, then maybe not.

mining a forked DOGE chain all weekend is just amateur hour
becks619

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:52:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I have just received my payout from altcoinplex.

Its about 0.024 BTC/MH for two days.

They didnt payout yesterday due to some issue with dogecoin blockchain. However, they payout to me for today and yesterday.

http://stats.altcoinplex.com/users/bitcoin/1MjNG9pGippwTSHraPnB1MBKwjr4q2ykiY.html
FrankieSaysRelax

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

Also, people seem to forget that Scrypt ASICs allow for more expandability for miners like me, with 11 rigs. I have no room left, I'd be tripping breakers, and too much heat is being generated.

Scrypt ASICs would solve all these problems for me.

So that argument about X number of 280x's costing XXX dollars, isn't totally relevant when trying to compare to ASICs, which can allow much more hashing, with much less power consumption, and much less heat being generated, and taking up a much smaller footprint.

Also applies to people who live in smaller apartments. Suddenly instead of having enough circuits to allow going from 5 MH/s, to being able to power four X 25 MH/s ASICs, will make a huge difference.

And then there is EVERYONE else. That dont have 11 rigs. That have 1-4 GPUs. lol Feel sorry for the guy with 11 rigs. bring asic so he can rape everyone more then he is now.

EDIT:
Also applies to people who live in smaller apartments.
buy a fucking house.

If they could afford to buy a house, would they be mining coins with a few mhs so $20 a day?
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: