Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031106 times)
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:17:04 PM

Actually, there is still a problem(?).
Some mined coins not added to the wallet (I post just a few)...

2017-04-21 10:15:28 proof-of-work found 

I've contacted Max again to look. Thanks for the help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:06:33 PM

Quark 0.10.4.3

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.3

Important notice

For Quark 0.9 users this is a required upgrade.

Changes in this release

* Adds checkpoints on contentious blocks
* Disconnect from older 0.9 peers
* Turn default for automatic mining to "off" in the QT wallet.
* Fix difficulty value displayed for rpc commands

All working good!

hash: 00000011222f62deb2a7c9e2ee2558c5da73e862706e06ae86ced2438266cc77 
target: 0000005ae9400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Difficulty dropped for a while on the 0.10 chain, it might have been orphaned by a bigger chain. Difficulty is now rising again on the 0.10 chain so things should get stabler.

Anyone still mining on 0.9, please upgrade to 0.10.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 03:45:57 PM

Quark 0.10.4.3

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.3

Important notice

For Quark 0.9 users this is a required upgrade.

Changes in this release

* Adds checkpoints on contentious blocks
* Disconnect from older 0.9 peers
* Turn default for automatic mining to "off" in the QT wallet.
* Fix difficulty value displayed for rpc commands

All working good!

hash: 00000011222f62deb2a7c9e2ee2558c5da73e862706e06ae86ced2438266cc77  
target: 0000005ae9400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Difficulty dropped for a while on the 0.10 chain, it might have been orphaned by a bigger chain. Difficulty is now rising again on the 0.10 chain so things should get stabler.

Anyone still mining on 0.9, please upgrade to 0.10.

Diff drop is caused by people switching to pivx. Those that care about their income and generally care about money, will leave this chain immediately. Risk of getting an orphan is over 90% at the moment, so mining  becomes less and less profitable and more anger-provoking. Those that lost their temper are now trying to overcome anger and not break their mining equipment into pieces.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:50:08 PM

Trust and Communication – The Keys to Successful Teams

Today, with business competition, customer expectations, new technology, and many other developments, it is more critical than ever to build teamwork in your organization. The many challenges that your organization faces, the more critical it becomes that teamwork is effective. The key elements to successful teamwork are trust, communication and effective leadership; a focus on common goals with a collective responsibility for success (or failure). However, without trust and communication the team will have difficulty functioning effectively.

The whole process of organizational teamwork must begin with a company leadership team that creates a business strategy and a focus on the critical goals of the enterprise. Next there is the process of communicating the vision, values and mission of the organization to a team, or teams that will be responsible for planning and executing the mission and building trust in the teams and within the teams to carry out their assigned responsibilities. Marketing plans, as well as other operational plans, will succeed only with team-based planning and execution.

Five Key Elements to Managing Teams

As explained by Patrick Lencioni in “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team”, senior executives, middle management and assigned team leaders, must foster and expect that team member activities include the following characteristics:

1. Trust among team members
Building trust takes time. If trust is lacking it must be the responsibility of the team leader to focus first on building trust, i.e. getting team members to open up (among the team) and expose their weaknesses and fears to each other. In some cases, a team building exercise can be utilized. In certain business cases, due to time pressures, the leader may have to take responsibility for building trust or change the team to achieve the necessary level of trust for team success. Until everyone is willing to trust the other members of the team, progress towards team success will be limited.

2. Prepare to engage in debate around ideas.
Disagreements can lead to conflict, but conflict can be good. If ideas are not presented and debated, the team will miss opportunities to find the best solutions to problems. Respect for the thoughts and ideas of the other team members will be developed through healthy debate.

3. Learn to commit to decisions and plans of action.
Team results will only come about as a result of team commitment to team decisions, this includes agreeing on the specifics of action plans. If some team members are not consistent with their commitments, the team will not succeed.

4. Hold one another accountable against their plans.
Team members must be prepared to check among themselves to assure progress and overcome obstacles to progress. Ad hoc meetings may be necessary to coordinate actions between departments or groups to assure progress.

5. Focus on achieving collective results.
The vision and/or mission of the team must be accepted by all the team members and critical goals viewed as the collective responsibility of the team. If a return to profitability is a critical goal of an executive team, priorities and time commitments must be pulled from elsewhere. Focusing on results that in any way does not support the critical goal(s) of the team will lead to team failure.

Mr. Lencioni’s diagnosis is helpful in understanding team dynamics. Yet, a straight forward prescription for building successful teams is to A. Build attitudes of trust among team members, B. Communicate openly among team members, and C. Focus on common goals that are related to a clear purpose. The purpose, of course, must be based on the business vision, values and mission of the company or, at the very least, the specific mission assigned the team by company management.

Well, I think you know me and what I think. I don't agree with radical algo changes, and less so when talking about PoS, but let's see where Max's research takes him before jumping to conclusions. One thing I'll promise is that even though we might not agree, you can always trust me to tell you exactly what I think. Wink

Why do we need to change algo? I thought pivx kept with the quark algo? I dont know why MUE are switching to x11 for their version.
However even the announcement that they are going to has taken them from 100 sats to 5000sats

That right there is the funding quark can only dream of right now. We need to watch what is successful and replicate it.

Inaction ...wdc, mec, cbx, dgb  watch them to see what happens to top coins that do nothing and dont give people what they want. Actually just look at quark. Lets start to realise you dont give people what they want they dont give you investment to develop and keep relevant. Then you are reduced to just about nothing.

Max obviously has a good job, people who can code and design have well paid jobs. This is a hobby to max and who knows perhaps max is a multi millionaire or greater and qrk regardless of success is not a huge factor in his life. However, even in a capacity that does not require him to be coding all day (most coders hate coding) he can project manage and oversee these changes. We still need a captain and if he wants to be that captain then I hope he will not just vanish for months or years again and stick with this project full time.

Hobby coins are not going to cut it now. You have teams working full time and dedicated to just their project. These are the successful projects if we want quark to be such a project we will need to build a large team behind it.

Its great vic is back and if we can get a few of the other foundation members back on board now there is a low point of entry that would be fantastic.

Slow and cautious is certain death here unless you are a top 5 coin already.

I sure want to keep the Quark algo and implement POW/POS hybrid and masternodes with block tax and if we can get a road map together of estimated time frames we can get this on target. When I hear back from the the development team about their time frame's and availability we can get a plan together. Until then cryptohunter can you set out a plan that you think would be best for moving forward for the next two weeks as you seem like the perfect man to start a draft road map and then we can all add to it and as a community draw it up and Max can oversee it.  

Max so I understand it has been looking and investigating the mechanics behind some other successful coins. I am not a coder so a road map from me would not be of any use especially a detailed roadmap that investors would take seriously.

I hope max will in a reasonable time finish his investigations and put forth a road map with some reasonable detail.

My plan would be for him to announce simply his full intention for quark to be upgraded to the system we have mentioned.
The first thing we need is a price boost like MUE have just had that will give us much more funding potential for developers.

Once we have a larger cap and funding to bring on some good coders then the detailed road map with bounties can be set up.

Everything right now lays with max so we have to await what he says.

Although yes i feel the urgency to do this as quickly as possible. These hot spot moments dont come around every day. You need to make use of them.

I think we are in a very unique position and I agree this is currently a hot spot and I think we are going to make use of its full potential. Max is on task and we have contacted the development team so we are heading toward good times.

this sounds promising....let's hope the stars align for quark again but every coin and his dog is trying to emulate dash/pivx we need to get there before they do.

People are expecting quark to make a comeback at some point.... let's not disappoint them Smiley

p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:27:24 PM

People are expecting quark to make a comeback at some point.... let's not disappoint them Smiley

Mining difficulty skyrocketed from 1 to 677!!!!

Shocked
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:01:13 AM

holders of Quark who would like to see Quark innovate, come together and form a community that participates and contributes to adding some changes to this project that will potentially put Quark back into the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

To clarify, I am not a developer and I am only looking from a business mind prospective, but in order for any move forward we need a business plan and the means to attract developers to be interested in this project and they need to be able to produce a healthy good income. So be kind to any ignorance you may find in my ideas for change as this is what I have gleaned from the market and if Quark could implement these changes I believe we could be back in the top 10 purely from a market perspective.

Some changes to Quark that I feel through my research that would produce such results are as follows.

1. POW / POS

2. Dash has a great way of producing an income for there development team and this should be copied or improved upon.

3. The voting system of Dash masternodes seems like a good idea and something similar but more decentralized needs implementation.

4. Segwit implementation to be added. 

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

7. Debit card that links Quark wallet with Visa

This is a lot of development but this is also technology that already exists.

Who would like to discuss this?

all this has already mostly been done for us with PIVx which is a great coin based upon quark algo.

these are all great ideas and max is already researching into these things I hear.

on top of this I think a quark based centralised exchange with quark as the market base will be great

p3ppymon

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:27:59 AM

holders of Quark who would like to see Quark innovate, come together and form a community that participates and contributes to adding some changes to this project that will potentially put Quark back into the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

To clarify, I am not a developer and I am only looking from a business mind prospective, but in order for any move forward we need a business plan and the means to attract developers to be interested in this project and they need to be able to produce a healthy good income. So be kind to any ignorance you may find in my ideas for change as this is what I have gleaned from the market and if Quark could implement these changes I believe we could be back in the top 10 purely from a market perspective.

Some changes to Quark that I feel through my research that would produce such results are as follows.

1. POW / POS

2. Dash has a great way of producing an income for there development team and this should be copied or improved upon.

3. The voting system of Dash masternodes seems like a good idea and something similar but more decentralized needs implementation.

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

all this has already mostly been done for us with PIVx which is a great coin based upon quark algo.

these are all great ideas and max is already researching into these things I hear.

on top of this I think a quark based centralised exchange with quark as the market base will be great

Very true. Having a strong and robust exchange to trade the coin again would be a sudden boost to the coin, which will definitely bring the community together.
NorthPixel

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:44:15 AM

Where can I buy a Quark now? Many exchanges have removed this coin for a long time.
SeasonChanger

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:18:49 AM

You can get it on Cryptopia. I'm tempted to invest in Quark with all the latest "news" that all sound good. If you guys post a road map or your future plans, I'm in Cheesy
mcphervi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:38:42 AM

1. POW / POS

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

The first 4 would be my short term goals. Anon has pluses and minuses that I would like to actively discuss. I would add side chain implementation as well to the list. Quark at its core was originally about innovation, transaction speed and security - I would like to build towards those as the central principle.
quarkcoin (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:44:31 AM

Quark 0.10.4.4

Recommended upgrade

Changes:

* Improved syncing
* Update checkpoints

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.4

Due to the split between 0.9 and 0.10 there was a period of instability, but difficulty has now recovered to near pre-fork levels.

Hopefully we'll have some new pools soon.
mcphervi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

Agree on the exchange, but definitely a more long term goal I think unless some developer our team trusts steps forward with a genuine interest.
mcphervi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

Quark 0.10.4.4

Recommended upgrade

Changes:

* Improved syncing
* Update checkpoints

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.4

Due to the split between 0.9 and 0.10 there was a period of instability, but difficulty has now recovered to near pre-fork levels.

Hopefully we'll have some new pools soon.

Thanks Max!
AnidMCast

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

...any profit if i mine on my i3??
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:05:02 PM

Agree on the exchange, but definitely a more long term goal I think unless some developer our team trusts steps forward with a genuine interest.

I agree it would require trust of course I see a lot of new exchange/coin projects springing up. I would expect there are a few out of the box exchange scripts around now. But yes def something for the future for sure.

Great to see a few new faces popping in now and then. Its a long road back but one which can be travelled quickly if we put our minds to it.

p3ppymon

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:12:20 PM

...any profit if i mine on my i3??

You might get one or two coins a day with that CPU.
NorthPixel

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:45:15 PM

Why would Quark developers not implement masternodes technology in their coin? With this technology, the coin will get a new life and will have a very huge increase in price.
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 06:01:22 AM

Why would Quark developers not implement masternodes technology in their coin? With this technology, the coin will get a new life and will have a very huge increase in price.

Problem with masternodes is that Quark is already mined,so masternodes like ones in DASH are not applicable.There are no mining reward for them.Though,going completely POS with 2.5-3% annual reward for masternodes(1 mil Quarks),where 10% goes for developpers work could be sucessfull.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:13:51 AM

Problem with masternodes is that Quark is already mined,so masternodes like ones in DASH are not applicable.There are no mining reward for them.Though,going completely POS with 2.5-3% annual reward for masternodes(1 mil Quarks),where 10% goes for developpers work could be sucessfull.

1 million is a bit steep I was thinking more 250k quark. 1 million is very hard to get hold of once max announces the upgrade plan and price get's back on track....

mcphervi

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:27:32 PM

We're having internal discussions right now regarding a change in the inflation percentage in order to promote mining/staking which would then also provide income for masternodes as well. Max is looking at POS/POW implementations right now. We're also looking at 10% for development as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: