Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:52:33 AM

Solo miners Jackpot winners announced: http://quarktalk.org/threads/mining-jackpot-winner-s.1006/

Next Jackpot 21 July 2015, every solo miner is welcomed, please register the block you find here: http://quarktalk.org/pages/mining_jackpot/

Quark will still be CPU minable for a long while so lets make this our strong suit !!

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:10:04 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 07:40:31 AM by Coinmama2014

And btw. I am still interested in proof for the scam Coinmama carried out. Let me guess: Someone told ya?
Yes someone did...Coinmama.  She posted PMs between herself and DigitalIndustry (and the rest of the Quark Foundation) that illustrated an attempt to pump CAPs and use the profit to pump QRK.  So I asked her why she didn't share that info immediately...instead of months later when it didn't work out showing her morality is false.  Alas she went silent.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241445.msg9586936#msg9586936
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241445.msg9587410#msg9587410
Thank you for bringing these links here for everyone to see, and also reminding me to answer you on the CAPs thread as well (if and when I get around to it)

You AntiQuark people are nuts....

...Since we are revealing the 'truth' people should know that Coinmama was part of the team that created the game ET: The Extra Terrestrial game for Atari2600 that totally collapsed the video game industry in 1983.  She did an even worse job as a project leader for the Quark Foundation.  The ledger shows most of the Quark donations ended up being spent at gambling sites.

OMG, lol.. Hillux, the great deliverer of 'truth'(not!)...all bow to the great and honorable (sockpuppet/shill) Hillux, who has been with Quark from the very beginning, valiantly defending its (and Digital Industry's) credibility from day one. Hmmm, such integrity...well Hillux, since you have been with Quark since the beginning, you should be aware of Digital Industry's involvement since that time, no?... After all, Shake himself has said so...

But...you should also be aware that my primary involvement was getting the mobile wallet (the only real infrastructure, btw) accomplished, and also promoting multiple projects on the (now dead) Trello board (https://trello.com/b/1hBBvhoE) . Yet, you lie about/mock the involvement of once dedicated members, why? ?? What is your interest in doing this, (other than maybe to make the coin go worthless until the next pump?)

But... then again, what ever was your involvement Hillux?!, other than bashing all the core members and lying while defending DigitalIndustry(known scammer) family??

No, I never invested in pumping CAPS, lol. Why would I invest in that in-house Cryptsy scam coin?? Thanks for bringing it up tho!

Quote from:  Hillux74
"alas she went silent"
Dont despair Hillux, here is my reply! : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241445.msg9895443#msg9895443

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
quarkfx

Activity: 396

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:24:30 AM

Oh noes Julie, ratio, you just triggered Hilux namecalling mode Cheesy
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:09:54 PM

what happened to the recent pop in Quark???

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
maok

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:44:44 PM

it blended into pop-rock  Cheesy

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

Recent pop made quark no rock.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

fantastic Christmas to all Quark supporters and trolls and disinfo guys , you are doing your best -

i'm sure you believe you matter .

http://bravenewcoin.com/price/price-index/

the top 10 and top 20 of crypto currency is increasingly becoming a humorous embarrassment.

how long do you you think that will last when put into perspective of "time"

don't forget.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

The "Frozen Hit" were the FrozenBit team "taken out" ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkOmega/comments/2qg1ti/the_frozen_hit_hope_the_frozenbit_team_werent/

The Video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5q0JVDOxpo

: D

#frozenhit

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:50:30 PM

can i have some addnodes please and info on the exact name of  the config-file so i can sync? Thanks! Smiley
maok

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:40:45 AM

can i have some addnodes please and info on the exact name of  the config-file so i can sync? Thanks! Smiley

http://quarktalk.org/resources/quark-core-wallet-configuration-file.14/

bitcoiner77

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:26:27 PM

All i have in my wallet is an Immature QRk, I'm trying to mine with my desktop ..not really doing so well as only 1.00 Qrk has showed up on the immature list within 8 days ..?will it mature thanks?>!..my address is QaHKTbTayYVDgVYeEJuCF9NtxeTuXur67w if you can spare some quark
righteousfire

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:12:45 PM

Many do not understand or comprehend our monetary system. This short video does an excellent job exposing the greatest scam in history. Only when people wake up and share this sort of information will we begin to see change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0
silvermetal

Activity: 487

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:56:36 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 01:40:50 PM by silvermetal

Many do not understand or comprehend our monetary system. This short video does an excellent job exposing the greatest scam in history. Only when people wake up and share this sort of information will we begin to see change.

Lol, and after we watched this video we all invest in Quark scammed by Kolin + family? Cheesy

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/2nmk98/have_we_been_scammed/
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

Lol, and after we watched this video we all invest in Quark scammed by Kolin + family? Cheesy

just wondering Silvermetal which coins you recommend and why??
silvermetal

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:06:37 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 11:35:18 AM by silvermetal

just wondering Silvermetal which coins you recommend and why??

Only Bitcoin (read disclaimer by maok below).

For altcoins you need to have some background information about scammers and "developers" active at bitcointalk.

The biggest players are (in random order): (If I mention two account names at one bullet point it is either because it is one person or two very closely related persons (hard to tell sometimes). Each player have most probably multiple accounts to scam his coins.)

- r3wt/muddafuddah
Very poor developers. If you want to have a good laugh, read their announcements of nanotoken and ampere for example.
Unfortunately they have created many coins which are of course listed at cryptsy.

- digitalindustry/spoetnik
They can't code, but created coins with the help of hazard and/or Adam. At the moment they are in the business to re-brand dead coins. Also both have lots of miningpower with free electricity (as far as I understand).

- Hazard.
In my eyes the biggest scammer and creator of altcoins. Everybody active in the altcoin market have touched one of his coins. Scams his own coins with multiple accounts. He likes to announce his coins by a developer with no post history, and after the pump-dump the developer "disappears". Hazard does everything to get some attention for his coins. One time his developer died under very vague circumstances at age 27 one week after he published an article about his coin (Huntercoin).
btw the accountname hazard is hardly active at btct anymore. Not sure which accountnames he use now.

- Mullick/BitJohn
Coins created by Mullick is scammed by BitJohn. Every coin created by Mullick is listed at cryptsy. They both work for cryptsy now.

- IgotSpots / BCX
Don't know much about them, but they are one of the biggest scammers at btct. Especially bcx has lots of miningpower as far as I can understand.

- Shake
Created much coins for others, but also for his own gain (cent is a poor example). Not more than a copy coin creator.

Coins from above persons are only nice for quick profits (not long term). Just ride with them the waves (pump and dumps). If they say "buy buy buy", you must "sell sell sell" before they do it. Never ever hold their coins long term!! Even if Bill Still tells you to do so Wink

What is needed for a good coin (in my opinion):
- large community
- transparent funds for infrastructure, development and marketing
- circulation of coins (at exchanges and/or for goods / miners) for a healthy network
- trust
- dedicated developer(s)

In my eyes the only altcoin which complies close to above criteria is Doge. I think you can hold some Doge without too many risk that it is a dead coin next week. All the other alt coins are just Hypecoins with some nice features sometimes. Yesterday it was Vert and DRK, today it is XPY...tomorrow it is???

To be clear; would I recommend Doge? No

Aren't there "fair" coins? Sure no doubt.
But "fair" coins can't survive, because they will not be notified when it isn't scammed. That is the sad story about alt coins at the moment.

maok

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:18:13 AM

@silvermetal good advice to be careful in which currencies to invest, their background and community should be at forefront of anyone thinking of seriously investing in them, however you must remember that Quark is an small currency only been around for less than 2 years, its a CPU minable coin which means that a lot of newbies can come only to learn about the technology and not necessarily invest in it.

We do have an active developer/s with Quark which may not have so much public contact but anyone check the public work that has been going on for upgrading the code and improving it on github. Quark has a security level with the random hashing functions that makes quarkers feel a bit more safe than other coins holders, the devs have implemented protection against double spending attacks which again feels more secure than most of the other coins; and we have the fundamental original system which partially gives a coin its worth, namely the proof of work. Without proof of work a coin is only worth the hype that is surrounding it, with proof of work we get the assurance that a currency is always going to be worth something as those that have put in the work to mine won't drop it without getting back the cost for doing that work.

I think your mentality about crypto currencies is wrong from the get-go. Unlike national currencies(throughout history of mankind there have been thousands of currencies which disappeared) crypto coins will never be dead as long as I can send a payment to someone else using the coin's network. You always talk about `dead` coin/s but you forget to mention that you only talk from a financial point of view not from a technological one.

As long as you talk financially about a crypto coin and its death, and at the same time you recommend only Bitcoin, may I remind you a valuable investment lesson: even in Bitcoin don't invest the money that you can't afford to lose, because there is a small probability that Bitcoin value will keep collapsing in the future, like it has done from last year. If fact don't ever try to bring someone to crypto currencies by recommending them to invest in them. If you are going to recommend a crypto coin to someone else only do it from a technological aspect and teach him how to mine, how easily is to send payments, maybe they could ask payments themselves in that currency and slowly that will create a small but healthy financial ecosystem.

Happy New Year to everyone!

silvermetal

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:34:21 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 03:45:32 PM by silvermetal

It was not an investment advice, but to be sure I placed a disclaimer in my post.

I don't think my mentality was wrong from the get-go.
Only thing you can accuse me is to be naive and not very realistic when I was active for Quark promotions six months ago.
I have always realized that whenever bitcoin will not succeed, no other alt coin will succeed as well.

Quark is not easy to mine as suggested by some people. You need a powerful CPU (at least an i7), to collect 1 or 2 Quark per day. The electricity power you need to mine Quark is not in correlation what you can collect. In my Quark promotions I always said that when you mine Quark, you make the Quark network stronger, and then the value of Quark will increase. But I should have put a disclaimer in that sentence as well. It will always be the other way around. Miners are attracted by the price of a coin, miners are not interested to make a coin more valuable.

Okok I agree coins can't die, but if it is not adopted by a wide variety of people / merchants, it will lose it's value. Quark has a very big trust issue from the get-go and it is almost impossible to recover from that as long as some scammers are still involved with Quark. And that Quark is only 2 years old, is in my opinion more a disadvantage than an advantage (2 years is too old for an alt coin, there are far more better coins circulating with some nice features). Quark failed to grasp it's opportunity at least twice. More chances Quark will not get (in my opinion).

Active developerS? working for Quark?...you mean at least Max?...sigh...

maok

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:24:06 PM

It was not an investment advice, but to be sure I placed a disclaimer in my post.
Oh so nice, but no one that truly believes in crypto give 2 pennies on investments advices. We believe in crypto not for getting rich, but for becoming free from our governments who shouldn't have the right to control the money. No one here reading these pages will buy quark or bitcoin because you said something positive about it, don't worry about your disclaimer lol..

Only thing you can accuse me is to be naive and not very realistic when I was active for Quark promotions six months ago.
I hope you don't live in regrets all your life :-) You weren't naive, you simply believed in something in which you don't believe now, its part of everyone's life don't worry you're not so special.

I have always realized that whenever bitcoin will not succeed, no other alt coin will succeed as well.
Bitcoin is succeeding every day, there are daily more merchants joining, more adoption, it is successful but again you forget to mention that you're referring to the price of Bitcoin which yes you're right is not doing well for those that only joined crypto for investing only.

Quark is not easy to mine as suggested by some people. You need a powerful CPU (at least an i7), to collect 1 or 2 Quark per day. The electricity power you need to mine Quark is not in correlation what you can collect. In my Quark promotions I always said that when you mine Quark, you make the Quark network stronger, and then the value of Quark will increase. But I should have put a disclaimer in that sentence as well. It will always be the other way around. Miners are attracted by the price of a coin, miners are not interested to make a coin more valuable.
You've slipped into other subject here. The point I was making was that proof of work is what gives the coin the partial value and why it will always be worth something. Oh and Quark is very easy to mine because guess what, almost everyone in the civilized countries has a PC which they can use to mine, they don't need to buy special equipment or spend huge amounts of money for the energy consumed.

Quark has a very big trust issue from the get-go and it is almost impossible to recover from that as long as some scammers are still involved with Quark. And that Quark is only 2 years old, is in my opinion more a disadvantage than an advantage (2 years is too old for an alt coin, there are far more better coins circulating with some nice features). Quark failed to grasp it's opportunity at least twice. More chances Quark will not get (in my opinion).
Let me remind you that just a post ago you said all coins in your view have a big trust issue, and you only recommend Bitcoin. Why do you recommend Bitcoin by the way ? You say that scammers are involved in Quark, then how do you know that in Bitcoin there aren't involved any scammers ? In fact Bitcoin has attracted the large portion of bad actors thanks to its value and we've seen that with the most famous mtgox scandal.. you're logic in regard to crypto currencies is so flawed that I doubt you'll ever understand what its all about.

Oh and the scammers that were involved with Quark have been exposed by coinmama and thrown out of the community(eg. Kolin), so please if you have the names of other scammers that are involved let the public know, don't hold the names back please!

Active developerS? working for Quark?...you mean at least Max?...sigh... Whenever it becomes difficult, Max walks away. Never stands up for his own "baby".
As you very well know, Max has been helped by Adam and Geoffrey on code updates. When it becomes difficult Max finds a solution like he has done last year with implementing the double spending prevention mechanism, like he has tried to do when taking part in the chats which you(among others) requested. I don't know if you took part in those chats but I hope you called him a baby back then when he was present.

silvermetal

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:15:48 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 06:46:37 PM by silvermetal

Lol, you enjoy twisting my intentions and words don't you Wink

1. No, it was not an advice for investment. And no I have no illusion that one person will follow my advice.

2. Good to hear that I am not the only person  Roll Eyes

3. You are partly correct. Everybody can indeed mine and contribute to the Quark hashing rate. But if you want to collect Quarks you need a powerful CPU (at least an i7). With my i5 laptop I have never earned one single Quark. My laptop only went very hot.

4a. Of course you have also scammers in the bitcoin world, but you can't compare the bitcoin community in size with the Quark community.  

4b. Maybe you want to place a rectification by yourself. Who threw Kolin's scam out to the public without consulting the Quark members? Well? One hint, that wasn't coinmama. She just informed (by e-mail!!) you and abdell, because you were moderators at reddit and should know with who you had to deal with.

5. Adam and Geoffrey left the Quark community long time ago. You make it sound like there are more active developers active for Quark now.

I called Max a "baby" Huh maybe read my quote again Wink
Max wants to solve all problems for Quark? Maybe, but not for free. Do you want me to look up what Max asked to merge mine Quark with another coin? I have his quotation somewhere stored in my archive Wink

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:33:40 PM

Lol, you enjoy twisting my intentions and words don't you Wink

1. No, it was not an advice for investment. And no I have no illusion that one person will follow my advice.

2. Good to hear that I am not the only person  Roll Eyes

3. You are partly correct. Everybody can indeed mine and contribute to the Quark hashing rate. But if you want to collect Quarks you need a powerful CPU (at least an i7). With my i5 laptop I have never earned one single Quark. My laptop only went very hot.

4a. Of course you have also scammers in the bitcoin world, but you can't compare the bitcoin community in size with the Quark community.  

4b. Maybe you want to place a rectification by yourself. Who threw Kolin's scam out to the public without consulting the Quark members? Well? One hint, that wasn't coinmama. She just informed (by e-mail!!) you and abdell, because you were moderators at reddit and should know with who you had to deal with.

5. Adam and Geoffrey left the Quark community long time ago. You make it sound like there are more active developers active for Quark now.

I called Max a "baby" Huh maybe read my quote again Wink
Max wants to solve all problems for Quark? Maybe, but not for free. Do you want me to look up what Max asked to merge mine Quark with another coin? I have his quotation somewhere stored in my archive Wink

3.  Full of shit as usual.  I mine Quark on a a Q6600 cpu from 2008 with only 2 of 4 threads enabled (~224khash/s) and still get a Quark or two or three rolling in each day.  You must be pretty retarded to not have ever even mined a single Quark.  Sounds like you are as good at mining as you are at promotion.  Looks like as usual the only thing you are good at is making yourself look like a fool.  Pretty hard to make a worse mistake than listing Spoetnik as Dev of anything...not a surprise that it would be you making such an idiotic claim.

Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: