Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2017, 08:42:25 AM *
News: If the forum does not load normally for you, please send me a traceroute.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 938601 times)
p3ppymon

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:27:24 PM

People are expecting quark to make a comeback at some point.... let's not disappoint them Smiley

Mining difficulty skyrocketed from 1 to 677!!!!

Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptovation

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

holders of Quark who would like to see Quark innovate, come together and form a community that participates and contributes to adding some changes to this project that will potentially put Quark back into the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

To clarify, I am not a developer and I am only looking from a business mind prospective, but in order for any move forward we need a business plan and the means to attract developers to be interested in this project and they need to be able to produce a healthy good income. So be kind to any ignorance you may find in my ideas for change as this is what I have gleaned from the market and if Quark could implement these changes I believe we could be back in the top 10 purely from a market perspective.

Some changes to Quark that I feel through my research that would produce such results are as follows.

1. POW / POS

2. Dash has a great way of producing an income for there development team and this should be copied or improved upon.

3. The voting system of Dash masternodes seems like a good idea and something similar but more decentralized needs implementation.

4. Segwit implementation to be added. 

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

7. Debit card that links Quark wallet with Visa

This is a lot of development but this is also technology that already exists.

Who would like to discuss this?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:01:13 AM

holders of Quark who would like to see Quark innovate, come together and form a community that participates and contributes to adding some changes to this project that will potentially put Quark back into the top 10 on coinmarketcap.com.

To clarify, I am not a developer and I am only looking from a business mind prospective, but in order for any move forward we need a business plan and the means to attract developers to be interested in this project and they need to be able to produce a healthy good income. So be kind to any ignorance you may find in my ideas for change as this is what I have gleaned from the market and if Quark could implement these changes I believe we could be back in the top 10 purely from a market perspective.

Some changes to Quark that I feel through my research that would produce such results are as follows.

1. POW / POS

2. Dash has a great way of producing an income for there development team and this should be copied or improved upon.

3. The voting system of Dash masternodes seems like a good idea and something similar but more decentralized needs implementation.

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

all this has already mostly been done for us with PIVx which is a great coin based upon quark algo.

these are all great ideas and max is already researching into these things I hear.

on top of this I think a quark based centralised exchange with quark as the market base will be great

▒███████████████░                   
            █████████████████████████████████           
      ░███████████▒                   ▓███████████░     
     ██████▓             ░░▒▒▒░░             ███████     
    ████         ░██░    █████████    ███░       ████   
    ███░   ███▒  ███     ███         ████████    ▓███   
   ████     ███░███      ███         ███   ██░    ███▓   
   ████      █████       ███████░    ███   ██░    ████   
   ███▓       ███▓       ███████░    ███          ████   
   ███░       ████░      ███         ███          ▒███   
   ███░      ██████      ███         ███          ░███   
   ███▒     ░██  ███     ███         ███░  ██░    ▓███   
   ████     ██░   █▓░                 ███████░    ████   
   ████    ██░         ███████████         █▒     ████   
    ███░            ███░ ▓████ ▓ ▒███            ░███   
    ████          ▓██   ██████░████ ██▒          ████   
     ███▓        ███   ████      ░██ ███        ████     
     ▓███      ▓███ ░███████     ░███ ███▓     ░███▒     
      ███████████████ █████ ███▓ ████░█████████████     
       ████████████▒██  ░▓███████░███ ████████████       
        ███████████ █     ███████   ░ ███████████       
         ▒██████████ █     ▒███▓     ██████████░         
           ███████████ █ ██████░   ███████████           
            ░████████████░     ░████████████░           
              ▒███████████████████████████░             
                ░███████████████████████░               
                   ███████████████████                   
                      ▒███████████▒                     
 .FootballCoin.
|      FANTASY FOOTBALL MANAGER REVOLUTION
                GAME RULES | SCORING SYSTEM | FAQ
  Collectible Cards and Tokens Issued on the Bitcoin Blockchain
|
██████
█████████
████████████
████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████
████
  JOIN NOW !
    Official Thread
[
p3ppymon

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:27:59 AM

1. POW / POS

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

all this has already mostly been done for us with PIVx which is a great coin based upon quark algo.

these are all great ideas and max is already researching into these things I hear.

on top of this I think a quark based centralised exchange with quark as the market base will be great

Very true. Having a strong and robust exchange to trade the coin again would be a sudden boost to the coin, which will definitely bring the community together.
NorthPixel

Activity: 264

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:44:15 AM

Where can I buy a Quark now? Many exchanges have removed this coin for a long time.

desynct

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:07:32 AM

bloody hell, what happened to the network ?
i'm trying to resync with 0.10.4.3 win64,
eventually it gets rejected by and/or rejects all peers except 1-2 then stops

edit: deleted prefetched block index twice, on the 3rd attempt seems made it thru at last, will see..

edit2: nope, all screwed, i wonder did devs check full resync with the new version ?
Cryptovation

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:06:35 AM

Where can I buy a Quark now? Many exchanges have removed this coin for a long time.

BTC38.com and cryptopia are the exchanges Quark is on. links for them on Quark website http://www.qrknet.info/
SeasonChanger

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:18:49 AM

You can get it on Cryptopia. I'm tempted to invest in Quark with all the latest "news" that all sound good. If you guys post a road map or your future plans, I'm in Cheesy
mcphervi

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:38:42 AM

1. POW / POS

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

The first 4 would be my short term goals. Anon has pluses and minuses that I would like to actively discuss. I would add side chain implementation as well to the list. Quark at its core was originally about innovation, transaction speed and security - I would like to build towards those as the central principle.
quarkcoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:44:31 AM

Quark 0.10.4.4

Recommended upgrade

Changes:

* Improved syncing
* Update checkpoints

https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.4

Due to the split between 0.9 and 0.10 there was a period of instability, but difficulty has now recovered to near pre-fork levels.

Hopefully we'll have some new pools soon.
mcphervi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

Agree on the exchange, but definitely a more long term goal I think unless some developer our team trusts steps forward with a genuine interest.
mcphervi

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

Quark 0.10.4.4

Recommended upgrade

Changes:

* Improved syncing
* Update checkpoints

Due to the split between 0.9 and 0.10 there was a period of instability, but difficulty has now recovered to near pre-fork levels.

Thanks Max!
AnidMCast

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

...any profit if i mine on my i3??

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:05:02 PM

Agree on the exchange, but definitely a more long term goal I think unless some developer our team trusts steps forward with a genuine interest.

I agree it would require trust of course I see a lot of new exchange/coin projects springing up. I would expect there are a few out of the box exchange scripts around now. But yes def something for the future for sure.

Great to see a few new faces popping in now and then. Its a long road back but one which can be travelled quickly if we put our minds to it.

▒███████████████░                   
            █████████████████████████████████           
      ░███████████▒                   ▓███████████░     
     ██████▓             ░░▒▒▒░░             ███████     
    ████         ░██░    █████████    ███░       ████   
    ███░   ███▒  ███     ███         ████████    ▓███   
   ████     ███░███      ███         ███   ██░    ███▓   
   ████      █████       ███████░    ███   ██░    ████   
   ███▓       ███▓       ███████░    ███          ████   
   ███░       ████░      ███         ███          ▒███   
   ███░      ██████      ███         ███          ░███   
   ███▒     ░██  ███     ███         ███░  ██░    ▓███   
   ████     ██░   █▓░                 ███████░    ████   
   ████    ██░         ███████████         █▒     ████   
    ███░            ███░ ▓████ ▓ ▒███            ░███   
    ████          ▓██   ██████░████ ██▒          ████   
     ███▓        ███   ████      ░██ ███        ████     
     ▓███      ▓███ ░███████     ░███ ███▓     ░███▒     
      ███████████████ █████ ███▓ ████░█████████████     
       ████████████▒██  ░▓███████░███ ████████████       
        ███████████ █     ███████   ░ ███████████       
         ▒██████████ █     ▒███▓     ██████████░         
           ███████████ █ ██████░   ███████████           
            ░████████████░     ░████████████░           
              ▒███████████████████████████░             
                ░███████████████████████░               
                   ███████████████████                   
                      ▒███████████▒                     
 .FootballCoin.
|      FANTASY FOOTBALL MANAGER REVOLUTION
                GAME RULES | SCORING SYSTEM | FAQ
  Collectible Cards and Tokens Issued on the Bitcoin Blockchain
|
██████
█████████
████████████
████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████
████
  JOIN NOW !
    Official Thread
[
p3ppymon

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:12:20 PM

...any profit if i mine on my i3??

You might get one or two coins a day with that CPU.
Cryptovation

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:57:24 PM

Quark 0.10.4.4

Recommended upgrade

Changes:

* Improved syncing
* Update checkpoints

Thanks Max
Cryptovation

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

1. POW / POS

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

The first 4 would be my short term goals. Anon has pluses and minuses that I would like to actively discuss. I would add side chain implementation as well to the list. Quark at its core was originally about innovation, transaction speed and security - I would like to build towards those as the central principle.

I think this is a wise course of action and also like the idea of side chains.
Cryptovation

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:03:08 PM

1. POW / POS

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

Very true. Having a strong and robust exchange to trade the coin again would be a sudden boost to the coin, which will definitely bring the community together.

Yes we should be approaching Poloniex and Bittrex about getting Quark added. I will work on that this coming week and keep you all updated on that.
Cryptovation

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:05:15 PM

1. POW / POS

5. Anonymity option

6. Smart Contracts

I like this idea of Quark based centralized exchange. But agree we should get Quark updated first and foremost.
desynct

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:44:22 PM

0.10.4.4 is much better sync-wise, well done.
of course there's traffic bloat which is common problem in 0.10/0.11, any coin.
yet tolerable here, the ugliest one is in VIA.
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.