Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 04:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273669 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:26:54 PM

Look at this power supply (it was recommended to me by a miner). It has the right connector (a variety actually) and it goes up to 400 watts (but you probably wouldn't want to power more than 200 for efficiency's sake).

How many watts would a 4 board, 32 chip system use? 32W for chips (plus more for overclocking) plus some overhead. You could probably run another miner and still stay below 200 watts.
Very quiet and efficient.

http://www.fspgroupusa.com/aurum-gold-400-au400/p/831.html

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:28:11 PM

Ok, so i'm off for the weekend. Signing off now. Please don't try to place any orders or make any payments for the next couple days. I'll be back here on Monday afternoon / evening Sydney time. Next week should be exciting with the boards coming back and the chip order basically filled. There will be the possibility for a few more orders and then we are done. I'm looking into opening up a second reel buy, but it may prove simply not achievable in the new pricing structure from Bitfury. See how we go. Next week i'll have shipping details and begin chasing up payments for assembly that hasn't been payed for and shipping. We will also be getting heatsink and case options happening soon. And of course news on the prototype. Have a good weekend everyone.

Barntech

Have a good one.

Great news on the cases and especially heat sinks. I think most will want the latter.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:42:19 PM

LOL true, pbb I will set it up in office and get some free electricity. :p
Soooo.....boost it up as much as possible with cooling.
Just need to find a good power supply soon~

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
the_beast

Activity: 145
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:59:58 PM

Look at this power supply (it was recommended to me by a miner). It has the right connector (a variety actually) and it goes up to 400 watts (but you probably wouldn't want to power more than 200 for efficiency's sake).

How many watts would a 4 board, 32 chip system use? 32W for chips (plus more for overclocking) plus some overhead. You could probably run another miner and still stay below 200 watts.
Very quiet and efficient.

http://www.fspgroupusa.com/aurum-gold-400-au400/p/831.html

I'm still wonder how to handle multiples minibackplanes.

I hope it would be possible to supply mini-backplane by other way than ATX connector. Initially Bartech stated we could stack cards 4 by 4 and then using a Molex connector for each stack, we could supply multiple stacks.
We need to supply mini-backplane with a smaller connector than ATX, if not it would require a single ATX power supply for each 4 PCB stack. I can see 3 pins connectors aside ATX connector, but I'm not sure about their purpose. Can we connect any of the 4 PCB with a Molex and it would supply other 3 cards? How to supply up to 4 "stacks" (16 PCB = 4 minibackplanes) with a single ATX PSU?

GooChain : A unique search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain
mightycount

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:07:02 PM

Hey Barntech,

For those electricity- and ROI-conscious, have you considered an under-clocking option? I think I saw somewhere some Finnish dudes came up with a mode where you can squeeze about 1.75Gh/W out of Bitfury, which could extend its life span quite a bit, especially for the stacked units. It gives a lot lower hashrate in that mode, of course.

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:48:20 PM

Hey Barntech,

For those electricity- and ROI-conscious, have you considered an under-clocking option? I think I saw somewhere some Finnish dudes came up with a mode where you can squeeze about 1.75Gh/W out of Bitfury, which could extend its life span quite a bit, especially for the stacked units. It gives a lot lower hashrate in that mode, of course.
The the watts per GH/s will become an issue eventually next year, but at the moment the ROI in terms of BTC per day from the upcoming difficulty hikes is what ASIC miners are watching. Underclocking should be possible, but even with a full overclock, the power consumption of the board is going to typically cost $3-$6 per month depending where you live.

Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:29:35 PM

CRAP! Damn paypal making me miss out!  Angry

milkbottlec

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:32:17 PM

CRAP! Damn paypal making me miss out!  Angry
You still have chance on Monday.

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
the_beast

Activity: 145
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 09:42:18 PM

Hey Barntech,

I can read some of you like milkbottlec want to push the chip at its upper limit. I will give priority to run the system on the long term, at least for 6 monthes (what mightycount called "ROI conscious"). Pushing it, is a very dangerous game, I wont play with fire. While running at the upper limit, that could drastically reduce the lifetime of the system, chips can break down. The hottest they run the shortest their lifetime. Since drillbit can be tuned at different frequencies, it's up to everybody to set up the system as you like.

About bitfury chips, I think the maximum efficiency is around 2Gh/s and the maximum it can handle is 2.7Gh/s (short time boost or with heavy heatsink).

GooChain : A unique search engine for the Bitcoin blockchain
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:34:52 PM

Hey Barntech,

I can read some of you like milkbottlec want to push the chip at its upper limit. I will give priority to run the system on the long term, at least for 6 monthes (what mightycount called "ROI conscious"). Pushing it, is a very dangerous game, I wont play with fire. While running at the upper limit, that could drastically reduce the lifetime of the system, chips can break down. The hottest they run the shortest their lifetime. Since drillbit can be tuned at different frequencies, it's up to everybody to set up the system as you like.

About bitfury chips, I think the maximum efficiency is around 2Gh/s and the maximum it can handle is 2.7Gh/s (short time boost or with heavy heatsink).

burnin has plans to try and push 5GHash/s out of his sample chips.. I don't think he is afraid to catch some chips on fire.. hopefully this will work out!
erk

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:14:26 PM

Hope you guys saw the updated OP:

Announcement Thurs AUG 22nd 11:30 pm Sydney time.

I am going to be away this weekend so I won't be around to answer questions or process orders. Because we are getting to the end of the chips, we won't be accepting any orders during the time i'm away. I'll be back on monday and will kick everything again off from there. We may be looking at a new approach to distributing the final chips via auction. I have disabled the paypal buttons. Please don't send through any BTC over the next three days. Thanks guys. Have a great weekend.

Ah that explains why payments later on were not going through for people! It pays to read the first post in the thread  doesn't it!

Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 12:31:55 AM

Hope you guys saw the updated OP:

Announcement Thurs AUG 22nd 11:30 pm Sydney time.

I am going to be away this weekend so I won't be around to answer questions or process orders. Because we are getting to the end of the chips, we won't be accepting any orders during the time i'm away. I'll be back on monday and will kick everything again off from there. We may be looking at a new approach to distributing the final chips via auction. I have disabled the paypal buttons. Please don't send through any BTC over the next three days. Thanks guys. Have a great weekend.

Ah that explains why payments later on were not going through for people! It pays to read the first post in the thread  doesn't it!

That message was not up when I was trying unfortunately. I might have been at my limit as someone else said (my Paypal has been getting quite the hammering lately).

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:06:53 AM

Well...........an auction would mean a massive profit,so I can see your point in that.I was getting my cash/BTC in order to get in on this...but in light of an auction being the only way.......possibly.I'll have to pass  Sad

Still would like to know if this project is on course to start shipping by October Huh  

Also,do you offer discounts on any kind of volume Huh  Say 15 boards Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
erk

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:11:34 AM

Well...........an auction would mean a massive profit,so I can see your point in that.I was getting my cash/BTC in order to get in on this...but in light of an auction being the only way.......possibly.I'll have to pass  Sad

Still would like to know if this project is on course to start shipping by October Huh  

There was less than 600 chips left when I placed an order 2.5hours before the notice went up. Someone after me placed  40BTC order. I would say there are not all that many chips left now.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:47:12 AM

There was less than 600 chips left when I placed an order 2.5hours before the notice went up. Someone after me placed  40BTC order. I would say there are not all that many chips left now.

Ah,I missed that,damn............ Wink  Last I checked there were 842 I think,oh well  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
erk

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:51:00 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 04:05:24 AM by erk

Also,do you offer discounts on any kind of volume Huh  Say 15 boards Huh

There was less than 600 chips left when I placed an order 2.5hours before the notice went up. Someone after me placed  40BTC order. I would say there are not all that many chips left now.

Ah,I missed that,damn............ Wink  Last I checked there were 842 I think,oh well  Sad
megabigpower.com don't have the reels of 3,000 chips on their site anymore. I don't know why, you can buy individual sample chips at 1BTC each but what is the point of samples if you can't then buy bulk?

So, a batch #2 is looking shaky atm. which is sad, because I like the specs of this project the way it is. We'll have to wait until Monday to see how many chips are left from batch #1.

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:55:49 AM

I'm just sooo skittish from Avalon & BFL,god they screwed me/us......................... Roll Eyes

Well,we'll see monday  Wink

monkeynutts

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:07:29 AM

Hope i haven't missed first batch,

Was a little too cautious at first, Lets see what Monday brings

If there is any space left id like to order a fully build unit,

Here's hoping
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:26:16 PM

I always wait one day too long. Well, maybe there will be a chance Monday.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Todamont

Activity: 606
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:47:33 PM

BFL completely, completely fucked me, straight-up lied and robbed me. The Avalons I tried to buy got caught in customs, permanently, apparently. Round three, Bitfury. I might have bought from KNCMiner but the fact that they haven't shown a prototype chip and they are supposed to ship in 1 week seems really fishy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: