Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273568 times)
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

no offence, but are you doing drugs? You change your mind by 180 degrees on only two pages?

Let him resell anything he wants.. who is to say how anybody is to spend or not spend their money... maybe that individual really needs the money.. now that being said it should be all of our tasks to post in any auction that seems miss leading to any other member of this forum.  For example in the case where the individual here was trying to start an auction for boards at 25% higher than the price he paid.

I am still surprised that the boards have not even had the component parts ordered yet there is all this buzz over them... stay grounded.. stay reasonable.. and you will have no problems.

I have yet to see this work here in the short two months I've been active on these forums.. but there must be a first for everything.

Regards

People are already bidding $410 for one board with more than 24 hours left on your auction...

this is one open source developer that has been annihilated by greed... again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:00:29 PM

As shipping address and delivery fee is still needed to pay, I think it will be easy. But I know there is still some work! Guys just keep it to minimum Smiley and we and Barntech will be happy and have more time to speed up the production!

Really need to thank him for organising so well up to now Smiley keep it on!

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:13:10 PM

Let him resell anything he wants.. who is to say how anybody is to spend or not spend their money... maybe that individual really needs the money.. now that being said it should be all of our tasks to post in any auction that seems miss leading to any other member of this forum.  For example in the case where the individual here was trying to start an auction for boards at 25% higher than the price he paid.

I am still surprised that the boards have not even had the component parts ordered yet there is all this buzz over them... stay grounded.. stay reasonable.. and you will have no problems.

I have yet to see this work here in the short two months I've been active on these forums.. but there must be a first for everything.

Regards

If someone needs the money that bad, they should just ask for a refund.  I`m sure Barntech wouldn`t mind. But making a profit before the original sales haven`t even finished?? Come on, thats just not cricket.
voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:16:06 PM

no offence, but are you doing drugs? You change your mind by 180 degrees on only two pages?

Regards

People are already bidding $410 for one board with more than 24 hours left on your auction...

this is one open source developer that has been annihilated by greed... again.

Can't you see how it might be hypocritical for the seller to auction boards at $400 and then tell a customer he can not do the same...  Barntech was warned in his auction by diligent members of the community when posts where made that his auction was too high. 

Thank you for calling me a drug user.. very friendly accusations in this thread.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:24:18 PM

anyways, I vote for option 1. No resales whatsoever. This can be done when the goods are in the hands of the buyer. Keep such stuff away from barntech, he has better things to do.
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:29:07 PM

As we still need to pay again for our shipments, why not just keep the any change be done that point. So he could collect the updated shipping address and fees together. So whatever address, he could just happily collect it once. Smiley I think this will help everyone, as the policy wasn't made when purchase, he shouldn't add or minus any policy.

But anyway, I will be mining for sure with it LOL can't wait!

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
voxelot

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:36:10 PM

What happens then is an interesting conundrum. I must say i have found the general trend of people buying pre-orders for stuff and then selling them on at a profit having never even received them an odd and kind of unpleasant one.

Is this not what Barntech is doing when he pre-orders Bitfury chips and auctions them out at a higher price after hearing news of a price spike on the second pre-order?
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:52:45 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 09:03:52 PM by lajz99

What happens then is an interesting conundrum. I must say i have found the general trend of people buying pre-orders for stuff and then selling them on at a profit having never even received them an odd and kind of unpleasant one.

Is this not what Barntech is doing when he pre-orders Bitfury chips and auctions them out at a higher price after hearing news of a price spike on the second pre-order?

Quit junking up this thread, Barntech is the ORGANIZER and PRODUCER of the product and therefore can do as he pleases.  

If you guys want to continue to debate this take it to some crappy troll box, you're ruining what was an awesome, very professional thread.

EDIT:  Be kind gentlemen, and delete your posts.  Let's keep it clean!

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:01:28 PM

Quit junking up this thread, Barntech is the ORGANIZER and PRODUCER of the product and therefore can do as he pleases. 

If you guys want to continue to debate this take it to some crappy troll box, you're ruining what was an awesome, very professional thread.

This.

Quit pulling it down to yet another argument.
voxelot

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:04:32 PM

This.

Quit pulling it down to yet another argument.

I respect this thread due to the fact that Barntech is trying to be honest.  If I am to receive no respect for questioning the way business is handled in crytpo-currencies.  Then you may continue with business as usual.  I wish you all the best of luck.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:07:13 PM

Now you are starting to be a troublemaker again. I took a step back as I thought there might have been a misunderstanding earlier but it is pretty clear now that you are playing and twisting words.

All the best to you...
Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
voxelot

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:36:30 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 11:20:32 PM by voxelot

Now you are starting to be a troublemaker again. I took a step back as I thought there might have been a misunderstanding earlier but it is pretty clear now that you are playing and twisting words.

All the best to you...
Its about sharing

I find your name ironic.

"troublemaker"

here is a warning i offer to you from the largest group buys in Bitcoinlandia... Be cautious of any pre-ordering... period.

Update: Endgame

With ASICMINER today announcing blades for as low as 3.5BTC, it appeared that Avalon chips that do not mine today are not going to break even any more. While those blades went already out of stock after some hours, the new price for mining rig is officially set. Essentially this means that if Avalon does not ship the remaining chips fully within the next two weeks, they become worth less than their shipping costs.

Driven by this event, today I was flooded with refund requests that built up a queue of ~2000 chips. I do not expect any takers for this and it is realistic to assume that there will be no further refunds.

I am sad to admit that I do not believe in a fast and complete delivery of the remaining batches. This stopped to be a game the moment this group-buy alone funneled $500k to Avalon. Although we have only a small set of 'no BS rules', we still have a written commitment to deliver in time as part of the ToS. With so many community members taking a loss directly or indirectly through Avalon failing to meet their schedule, we (together with other customers) need to consider taking serious actions to end this tragedy.

At this stage our options are as follows:
  • A. sit and wait
    That was my tactics so far, assuming that civilized and respectful behavior will ensure to get our chips as fast as possible. This in fact might have been the reason why so far our group-buy got more chips than others, at the same time with a delivery of one batch per month our last will arrive mid 2014 - ready for re-direction to the Bitcoin museum Sad
  • B. demand full refund
    The majority would be fine with getting their invested coins back and let this chapter pass into oblivion. According to Avolon's ToS, there will be no refunds. But if they really care about Bitcoin and its community and realize how much harm they caused to so many of us, they might consider playing fair and send us the coins back. This implies that you do not want your chips any more.
  • C. negotiate for compensation
    While refunding all orders might exceed Avalon's capabilities, they might prefer offering a compensation in form of free chips or free upgrades to next-gen ones. This implies you would like continue dealing with Avalon.
  • D. legal action
    Leave the polite arena and sue them into ground; make an example of them and put an end to the pre-order madness in Bitcoinland. This implies you are willing to throw more good money after the bad - for a very limited expectation. Your money would feed some poor lawyers and Avalon if needed will declare bankruptcy (they said they do not control the collected funds any more).

I personally will approach Avalon with options B and C for now and consider combining forces with other group-buy organizers for D if we do not hear back within a reasonable time-frame. If you have a different opinion you'd like to share, please do so either here or via PM.

Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:19:41 PM

Hahaha, you guys amuse me. The price of these pre-orders fluctuates like crazy based on shipping expectations from BitFury, the reputation of Barntech, the network difficulty, and the btc price. You could probably make a killing just daytrading pre-orders on this site.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 11:47:47 PM

Hahaha, you guys amuse me. The price of these pre-orders fluctuates like crazy based on shipping expectations from BitFury, the reputation of Barntech, the network difficulty, and the btc price. You could probably make a killing just daytrading pre-orders on this site.
The price of chip reels was quite clearly stated on the megabigpower.com site as $60,000 for  3,000 chips, you can check that on the Internet archve wayback from last month. No ambiguity there at all.

It's the price of future reels that's up in the air.

voxelot

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:36:07 AM

The price of chip reels was quite clearly stated on the megabigpower.com site as $60,000 for  3,000 chips, you can check that on the Internet archve wayback from last month. No ambiguity there at all.

Before Bitfury price jump.
Bitfury - Sold ASICs for $20 a piece to Barntech Group Buy
8 ASIC Drill bit - Chips =  $160
BARNTECH FEES : PCB and Assembly cost and potential profits made = $140

After Bitfury price jump.
BARNTECH FEES : PCB and Assembly cost and potential profits made = $240

Profit increase from one announcement made from one ASIC "company" = 71%

I wouldn't mind playing those numbers and apparently barntech can, but nobody else is allowed.  Although i feel there are many people here playing the science of BTC and the hopes of others for profit so.. he's not alone.
erk

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:44:24 AM

The price of chip reels was quite clearly stated on the megabigpower.com site as $60,000 for  3,000 chips, you can check that on the Internet archve wayback from last month. No ambiguity there at all.

8 ASIC Drill bit - Chips =  $160

I wouldn't mind playing those numbers and apparently barntech can, but nobody else is allowed.  Although i feel there are many people here playing the science of BTC and the hopes of others for profit so.. he's not alone.

Where are the Bitfury price jump figures you are basing your calculation on? I see nothing announced.

If you are suggesting that Barntech simply increased prices when megabigpower said the next batch of chips would be more expensive, you are also wrong, the prices remained the same until the chips remaining got down below 600, then they went to auction.

megabigpower haven't put any revised H-board prices on their site either, they are still at $500, so were are guessing at what might happen with Bitfury prices.

voxelot

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:50:53 AM

The price of chip reels was quite clearly stated on the megabigpower.com site as $60,000 for  3,000 chips, you can check that on the Internet archve wayback from last month. No ambiguity there at all.

8 ASIC Drill bit - Chips =  $160

I wouldn't mind playing those numbers and apparently barntech can, but nobody else is allowed.  Although i feel there are many people here playing the science of BTC and the hopes of others for profit so.. he's not alone.

Where are the Bitfury price jump figures you are basing your calculation on? I see nothing announced.

If you are suggesting that Barntech simply increased prices when megabigpower said the next batch of chips would be more expensive, you are also wrong, the prices remained the same until the chips remaining got down below 600, then they went to auction.

megabigpower haven't put any revised H-board prices on their site either, they are still at $500, so were are guessing at what might happen with Bitfury prices.

Thank you this is exactly what I am suggesting.. he turned a Group Buy into an Auction... and finds it inappropriate to allow anyone else in the Group Buy to do so. Bitfury is getting greedy watching Avalon bank on greed.. then it passes all the way down the food chain.
gbh

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:57:36 AM

Thank you this is exactly what I am suggesting.. he turned a Group Buy into an Auction... and finds it inappropriate to allow anyone else in the Group Buy to do so. Bitfury is getting greedy watching Avalon bank on greed.. then it passes all the way down the food chain.

I'm inclined to agree.
Not good form to change the process from what was previously outlined/change horse mid stream.
erk

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:01:37 AM

I'm inclined to agree.
Not good form to change the process from what was previously outlined/change horse mid stream.
I too agree that changing from a group buy to auction was not appropriate. There was nothing stopping the auction sale of complete boards after the group buy, it's should not have interfered with the last chips of the group buy, Barntech should have simply bought all the remaining chips, made some boards and sold them at auction.

If Bitfury/megabigpower want to retain market share, they will not increase their chip prices. There is so much ASIC power coming online in the next few months they would be crazy. The going rate for GH/s Nov delivery is below $20 per GH/s you already have KNCminer stating that their Nov shipment price will be $5,000 for the 400 GH/s Jupiter unit, that's $12.5 per GH/s for a complete system, not just chips.

ElitePork
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:56:27 AM

Watching. Will buy one 8 chip board for $300 this month. Any shipping fees to singapore?
Regards
EP
I'll skip this since the auction is out. Thanks and good luck~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: