Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:39:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitHopper: Python Pool Hopper Proxy  (Read 355541 times)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:05:13 PM

pool is crap, simply it can't handle 80-100Ghash/s ...

to keep the hoppers away...

They have a 'crap pool' to keep hoppers away? I thought that would keep everyone away  Grin

So how's the infrastructure change coming - can we expect consistent connection soon?

didnt say it was crap, just not ready for 100GH...  so when the hoppers ( you) hop on,  the system goes a bit crazy...  so maybe it will keep hoppers ( you) away as it makes it not profitable

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 02:11:42 PM

yeh, i didn't mean that either. It must be a pain in the bum to have such a sudden hashrate increase and then drop down again. If you run a copy of bit Hopper though at least you'll know when to expect us come and go.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:13:59 PM

yeh, i didn't mean that either. It must be a pain in the bum to have such a sudden hashrate increase and then drop down again. If you run a copy of bit Hopper though at least you'll know when to expect us come and go.

dont need a program for that... 3 seconds after the block is announced we put on our armor...

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:14:46 PM

pool is crap, simply it can't handle 80-100Ghash/s ...

to keep the hoppers away...

They have a 'crap pool' to keep hoppers away? I thought that would keep everyone away  Grin

So how's the infrastructure change coming - can we expect consistent connection soon?

didnt say it was crap, just not ready for 100GH...  so when the hoppers ( you) hop on,  the system goes a bit crazy...  so maybe it will keep hoppers ( you) away as it makes it not profitable

We are trying (us) to make your pool bigger (you)

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:22:40 PM

And if the pool (you) doesn't use a known broken payout algorithm, we (we) will go there as a backup maybe if you have a long round, much better than getting f***ed everytime you find a block!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 02:25:54 PM

dont need a program for that... 3 seconds after the block is announced we put on our armor...

Yes, but haven't you noticed us come and go when a bigger pool starts a block and then goes out of range? Didn't you notice your  poolhashrate go up and down like a bride's nightie? Either use bithopper or keep a weather eye out for new blocks started at other pools and when they go out of range.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:30:46 PM

And if the pool (you) doesn't use a known broken payout algorithm, we (we) will go there as a backup maybe if you have a long round, much better than getting f***ed everytime you find a block!

I actually don't mind the extra hashrate when needed...even if it does cost us a few coins...  we are small and can use the help...    but would be nice if you could stick around a little longer...  havent seen any hoppers around on a 5M block...

Martin Armstrong
Clipse

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:33:19 PM

I actually don't mind the extra hashrate when needed...even if it does cost us a few coins...  we are small and can use the help...    but would be nice if you could stick around a little longer...  havent seen any hoppers around on a 5M block...

I dont really believe its just after a new block, your server seems to simply not handle alot of traffic.

Right now I cant even with just default miner hold a steady connection for more than 2minutes before it times out and retries. Ive tested this from a server in uk and us.

So i hope this is a known issue and gets resolved as you mentioned about some update to the system coming.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:39:49 PM

I dont really believe its just after a new block, your server seems to simply not handle alot of traffic.

Right now I cant even with normal miner hold a steady connection for more than 2minutes before it times out and retries. Ive tested this from a server in uk and us.

So i hope this is a known issue and gets resolved as you mentioned about some update to the system coming.

In general 1 min after a block is found... the speed shoots up from about 20-30 ( our usual speed)  to about 60-90    and yes  it is very hard to connect at those speeds.   after we get to 1M shares speed drops  ....and connection is stable

edit:   and just to be clear...   it isn't my pool  I'm just a miner like everyone else.

Martin Armstrong
Clipse

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 02:50:26 PM

Right now I cant even with normal miner hold a steady connection for more than 2minutes before it times out and retries. Ive tested this from a server in uk and us.

In general 1 min after a block is found... the speed shoots up from about 20-30 ( our usual speed)  to about 60-90    and yes  it is very hard to connect at those speeds.   after we get to 1M shares speed drops  ....and connection is stable

edit:   and just to be clear...   it isn't my pool  I'm just a miner like everyone else.

Ok but thats still not the situation, I keep dropping no matter what from various locations that Ive tested this on. Its definitely not phoenix miner(and just your pool) or the connection from the US and UK datacentre.

So as for the server issues, I think its a general server problem even at current load, around 20gh I could keep a connection. This brings me to another point, if the server cant handle 60-90Gh without dropping and timing out, how does nofeemining plan to get normal users to dedicated their gpu's when the server cant scale from absolutely minimal usage.

farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:15:09 PM

it isn't my pool  I'm just a miner like everyone else.

Ok but thats still not the situation, I keep dropping no matter what from various locations that Ive tested this on. Its definitely not phoenix miner(and just your pool) or the connection from the US and UK datacentre.

So as for the server issues, I think its a general server problem even at current load, around 20gh I could keep a connection. This brings me to another point, if the server cant handle 60-90Gh without dropping and timing out, how does nofeemining plan to get normal users to dedicated their gpu's when the server cant scale from absolutely minimal usage.

Wait till next week...  New system should be in place ( I hope....)     and who knows , maybe a new payment system...

Martin Armstrong
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:17:20 PM

This is from:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=31400.msg397680#msg397680

What if pool hoppers put a positive spin to the the game?

Les say, you hop to pool X and then you jump to next, when you are at your N rate from difficulty and so on.
What if you hop back to the pool X, when they are in trouble and are cranking at 50+ h block? Jump in, help them out, suck some honey from the first shares and move on. But do not forget to hop back, when they actually need you, 
For example, look at the Triplemining.  52 hours and counting, 3 855 573 share and no end is sight.

Poolhoppers can bring 50-80 GH/s power to any pool.
Pool-hoppers, its time to give something back to a small pool. It will be really cool and I can bet, most small pools will make the real time stats etc available to you Smiley and you probably end up earning more than now.

Cheers!

This is actually a pretty decent idea. The pool-hopping scripts I've played with so far all have "backup" pools that are mined when none of your other pools are under the magic 43% mark. I doubt it would be that tough to change the logic up a bit to mine whatever pool has the highest share count during these times instead and I'm sure it would make us all the more welcome at already hopper-friendly pools (or pools which are undecided). I'd be happy to see such a change. I'll see if I can bash it out myself and I'll also suggest it to those who control the code for the major projects.

Even I can get behind this idea.  I'd be more than willing to donate some time to the development of it.  Question is, would people use it?

What do you guys think about it? I'll use it for sure. 

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
bb

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:36:12 PM

*snip*

This would totally invalidate the whole effort of pool hopping and roughly be the equivalent of just mining at the same pool for a longer period of time.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:39:31 PM

This is from:
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=31400.msg397680#msg397680

What if pool hoppers put a positive spin to the the game?

Les say, you hop to pool X and then you jump to next, when you are at your N rate from difficulty and so on.
What if you hop back to the pool X, when they are in trouble and are cranking at 50+ h block? Jump in, help them out, suck some honey from the first shares and move on. But do not forget to hop back, when they actually need you, 
For example, look at the Triplemining.  52 hours and counting, 3 855 573 share and no end is sight.

Poolhoppers can bring 50-80 GH/s power to any pool.
Pool-hoppers, its time to give something back to a small pool. It will be really cool and I can bet, most small pools will make the real time stats etc available to you Smiley and you probably end up earning more than now.

Cheers!

This is actually a pretty decent idea. The pool-hopping scripts I've played with so far all have "backup" pools that are mined when none of your other pools are under the magic 43% mark. I doubt it would be that tough to change the logic up a bit to mine whatever pool has the highest share count during these times instead and I'm sure it would make us all the more welcome at already hopper-friendly pools (or pools which are undecided). I'd be happy to see such a change. I'll see if I can bash it out myself and I'll also suggest it to those who control the code for the major projects.

Even I can get behind this idea.  I'd be more than willing to donate some time to the development of it.  Question is, would people use it?

Great Idea  , The small pools that are the main "targets" for the hopping  could use that kind of help  and it would shine some positive light on the hoppers ( for the ones that actually  care).   

Martin Armstrong
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:03:21 PM

(yes i changed the location, sorry. link ist http://<ip>/info

LOL it would be nice if all you forkers would agree on the small things.

Wink

mooo for rent
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:10:14 PM

would be nice if everybody just take a look in the code before using it Smiley

but anyway: you should not use this fork.

i will not continue development
i'll integrate the stats graph in c00w's version later this evening
slice algorithm already available in another fork.

and c00w's a much better py dev than me Cheesy
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:20:49 PM

>would be nice if everybody just take a look in the code before using it

I did .. some of us arent coders.. wow crazy. I saw reference to index.html in bithopper.py but couldnt see the whole path.. maybe it is elsewhere.. i looked through a few of the pys but not all.

>but anyway: you should not use this fork.

it seemed a bit dated, but I liked the web stats and wanted to check it out.

>i'll integrate the stats graph in c00w's version later this evening

kick ass.. it looked nice.

>slice algorithm already available in another fork.

yeah, echiu64, I try all you forkers. }:=D

sorry to see stop adding, but thanks for the addons.

mooo for rent
ed64

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:48:44 PM

Nice to know... which fork do you think has the most promise? I'm divided where I should do some of my hacking...

I tried Ryouiki's latest changes and just based on a few hours of mining, the dynamic penalty thing isn't working out too well for me. Stays on a pool too long in some cases...
hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 06:23:06 PM

Nice to know... which fork do you think has the most promise? I'm divided where I should do some of my hacking...

I tried Ryouiki's latest changes and just based on a few hours of mining, the dynamic penalty thing isn't working out too well for me. Stays on a pool too long in some cases...

agreed. Need a "Use Dynamic Penalty []" option somewhere.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
ryouiki

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 06:52:23 PM

agreed. Need a "Use Dynamic Penalty []" option somewhere.

from my tests,

- round time based selection enhances efficiency ~10%
- multi-pass selection enhances efficiency ~ 15%
- dynamic penalty : ~2%

efficiency gain with dynamic penalty is marginal, but I think it is worth.
btw, current fork is tuned to find maximal profit without hopping frequently
i plan to research more aggressive (frequent) hopping algorithms next week.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: