Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
hermann1983

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:00:57 AM

I feel the big news is we will be allowed to preorder next gen devices + few batches of chips on the way (soon)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:04:14 AM

I feel the big news is we will be allowed to preorder next gen devices + few batches of chips on the way (soon)

He already told us the good news ("he is not dead"), now it's the time for the bad ones.
Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:05:28 AM

I'll bet this thread is 10 pages + in a couple hours

You were half right. Hit 5 pages already.

Really a lot of pointless posting... a problem to which I've just contributed to...
I hope he starts a whole new thread for his actual news because this one is completely trashed

Milan77

Activity: 202

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:08:51 AM

This is LOL thread.

I just hope someone from Avalon WILL speak about ROI and dates they delivered Avalons.

For me personally Yifu "I'm not dead" is good news only if we meet in face.
poelling92
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:09:32 AM

expect lots of news tomorrow.

Lots of news - sounds tasty.

Cant wait!
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:13:37 AM

yes the news is there is no news and lots of  no news, that was easy.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:16:11 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 09:31:17 AM by Bitcoinorama

the "i'm not dead thread."

Just got off the plane, expect lots of news tomorrow.

Great to hear from you at last!

Sorry and excuse me to say this but currently I am pissed off, and only news I would like to hear is that you will abide by your own rules of chips delivery and deliver chips in bulk for the orders you already had to ship. No support doesn't mean or at least it shouldn't mean no replies when you don't feel like replying or you are uncomfortable to reply. I understand that your phone, email and Avalon store support ticket system were spammed but you should at least throw us any info no matter how good or bad they are, so we, your customers could know where we stand. Maybe you are not aware, but some of us got in debt to buy your chips and get their equipment mining, and those developers like burnin that invested their time, effort and money and others depend on chips delivery. Don't think that I am ungrateful, I thank you for the all good you and your team did so far to help this community and I am fully aware that without you and your team this ASIC revolution wouldn't come like it did, but please, and pretty please, abide by your own terms of chips delivery (yes and the Avalon mining rigs batch #3).

What I would like to see is those orders that were delayed, to be shipped ASAP in next grouped chips delivery shipment or all chips that were ordered from one address to be shipped at once if your TOS allows.

Earlier somewhere you said that no company should have monopoly on ASIC technology and I would be disappointed to hear that BIG names were served before US LITTLE CUSTOMERS by not respecting order number and times when orders were placed. You are/were one of us, small people, so you should continue to support us small people and newer forget from where you are coming from.

At the end I apologize if I sounded rude, that was not my intention, I just wanted to say how I feel and I hope you will read it.
Regards,

tiros

I don't think, all things considered you need to either apologise or describe phone, email and Avalon store support ticketing as being spammed. They were justifiably full by concerns as he went AWOL for a month after communication within Bitsyncom broke down with internal mutiny.

The only reason he's responded was because of the threats of bringing Interpol in photo hold him accountable a few hours beforehand.

You know millions of chips have been ready for over a month now, a former team member provided evidence of that a month ago. That has not been accounted for. There is belief that a wealthier client paid additional to have up your products delayed so they may manipulate the market for a preferential hashrate. Now MtGox has applied as a legitimate exchange and that Bitcoin can legally be exchanged into fiat currencies, proving it's inherent value exists and is tied to national currencies, any manipulation is fraudulent and this would be taken seriously by the authorities.

Yifu needs to detail in no uncertain terms specifically what's occurred internally with Bitsyncom, and confirm, or deny the allegations put fourth by his own previous team members and those with apparent connections to them. He also needs to explain precisely when you will receive delivery on the goods you have paid for which have been significantly delayed and needs to provide evidence that this has not been on purpose.

It would also be reassuring to know what exactly that WSJ article was about and whether he's been courting banksters intent on single manufacturer centralisation...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:18:45 AM

im sure SOMEONE here must have a mate in fbi cia interpol fda cdi mi5 or the alike
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:22:17 AM

Speculation.

1. Here is specs of our new 28nm generation chips. Order page is here.
2. We start shipping rest of the chips today. Compensation will be paid for delays as credits for new chips using this formula based on delay.
3. You can request refund for your batches, but they are not guranteed to go thru. i.e. we can only refund a certain number of batches.

</wishfulthinking>

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:25:32 AM

Speculation.

1. Here is specs of our new 28nm generation chips. Order page is here.
2. We start shipping rest of the chips today. Compensation will be paid for delays as credits for new chips using this formula based on delay.
3. You can request refund for your batches, but they are not guranteed to go thru. i.e. we can only refund a certain number of batches.

If that's the case, then what about Burnin', Terrahash and all those that gave up jobs, time and money to create a businesses and a cottage industry that has produced parts, goods and services for no purpose??

That would seriously screw over a lot of people, you cannot just go back on your word like that.

This is not a reasonable solution.

itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:25:55 AM

</wishfulthinking>

Exactly.
Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:34:52 AM

Sorry and excuse me to say this but currently I am pissed off, and only news I would like to hear is that you will abide by your own rules of chips delivery and deliver chips in bulk for the orders you already had to ship. No support doesn't mean or at least it shouldn't mean no replies when you don't feel like replying or you are uncomfortable to reply. I understand that your phone, email and Avalon store support ticket system were spammed but you should at least throw us any info no matter how good or bad they are, so we, your customers could know where we stand. Maybe you are not aware, but some of us got in debt to buy your chips and get their equipment mining, and those developers like burnin that invested their time, effort and money and others depend on chips delivery. Don't think that I am ungrateful, I thank you for the all good you and your team did so far to help this community and I am fully aware that without you and your team this ASIC revolution wouldn't come like it did, but please, and pretty please, abide by your own terms of chips delivery (yes and the Avalon mining rigs batch #3).

What I would like to see is those orders that were delayed, to be shipped ASAP in next grouped chips delivery shipment or all chips that were ordered from one address to be shipped at once if your TOS allows.

Earlier somewhere you said that no company should have monopoly on ASIC technology and I would be disappointed to hear that BIG names were served before US LITTLE CUSTOMERS by not respecting order number and times when orders were placed. You are/were one of us, small people, so you should continue to support us small people and newer forget from where you are coming from.

At the end I apologize if I sounded rude, that was not my intention, I just wanted to say how I feel and I hope you will read it.
Regards,

tiros

I don't think, all things considered you need to either apologise or describe phone, email and Avalon store support ticketing as being spammed. They were justifiably full by concerns as he went AWOL for a month after communication within Bitsyncom broke down with internal mutiny.

The only reason he's responded was because of the threats of bringing Interpol in photo hold him accountable a few hours beforehand.

You know millions of chips have been ready for over a month now, a former team member provided evidence of that a month ago. That has not been accounted for. There is belief that a wealthier client paid additional to have up your products delayed so they may manipulate the market for a preferential hashrate. Now MtGox has applied as a legitimate exchange and that Bitcoin can legally be exchanged into fiat currencies, proving it's inherent value exists and is tied to national currencies, any manipulation is fraudulent and this would be taken seriously by the authorities.

Yifu needs to detail in no uncertain terms specifically what's occurred internally with Bitsyncom, and confirm, or deny the allegations put fourth by his own previous team members and those with apparent connections to them. He also needs to explain precisely when you will receive delivery on the goods you have paid for which have been significantly delayed and needs to provide evidence that this has not been on purpose.

It would also be reassuring to know what exactly that WSJ article was about and whether he's been courting banksters intent on single manufacturer centralisation...

+1

This "pre-news" post in itself is designed to buy-time, a 24 hour ceasefire, if you will, because the next shot fired was about to be very serious.

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:43:13 AM

It's nearly too late for any new 28 nm entry at this point; the field is crowded.

Let's say you ship in March 2014, like KNC wants to do with their Gen-2 product.

Firstly it's got to be a full custom ASIC. Nothing but a pure drive for efficiency will pass muster. Secondly it's probably going to sell for ~$3k, so fat profits are officially gone for hardware makers, and it should push about 2-terahash at less than half a watt per gigahash, or less--hopefully much less. And it likely should be a multi-core design, ala KNC, and then you've got to put everything together with no mistakes or delays.

And the days of pre-order are over. You'll have to up-front NRE and hope the difficulty doesn't murder your offering by the time it's ready for shipping, the way Batch-3 got murdered.

Gawd, just ran the numbers for that on a common calculator, even 2terrahash and $3k barely breaks even in June '14 >_> Guess the price of bitcoin better go up or something, gonna be lean times for miners for awhile <_<

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:43:25 AM

We don't need fucking news announcments, we need deliveries, and those already some weeks ago.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:46:56 AM

Regards,

tiros

+1

This "pre-news" post in itself is designed to buy-time, a 24 hour ceasefire, if you will, because the next shot fired was about to be very serious.

This is no longer about promises to create things based on payment for pre-orders.

Payments been made, and items have already be proven to exist by disenchanted former members of Bitsyncom.

This is now damage limitation and people want to know what they have already paid for is secure and why knowing full well it's been made in time, it hasn't been delivered on time as promised.

Withholding the goods, not delivering in the promised timeframe with a reasonable time extension courtesy of all your customers here at Bitcointalk compounded by purposely refusing contact, further purposely manipulating a market is fraud. No longer the fraud of a few hundred thousand dollars worth of Bitcoins from pre-mining in customer goods, but millions of dollars worth of market manipulation and rendering the customer orders and businesses here worthless.

People are pissed Yifu, and sweet talk ain't going to cut it...

Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:48:02 AM

Payments been made, and items have already be proven to exist by disenchanted former members of Bitsyncom.
Someone have a thread reference for this, I seem to have missed it.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:54:11 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 10:06:54 AM by Bitcoinorama

Someone have a thread reference for this, I seem to have missed it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264098.msg2886393#msg2886393

Others have mentioned a rumour of someone paying $14m for the above and the promise to delay everyone else's shipments to pre-mine being the reason for the Bitsyncom split, but I'm not sure where that's from, but it's mentioned somewhere in that WTF Avalon thread. In any case those chips were proven as you can see to exist a month ago and posted by a disenchanted former member of Bitsyncom's design team, Gridchip.

Furthermore Terrahsh and Burnin' already have 'customers' demanding full refunds as they don't believe they will see ROI, which is not their fault, and what's worse they've already designed, and manufactured working products and stocked inventory for chips that appear to have been witheld to a point in which they will no longer be of any value if they are not delivered ASAP.

itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:58:55 AM

People are pissed Yifu, and sweet talk ain't going to cut it...

sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:07:21 AM

Post a video.  Otherwise, your still dead, still on a plane and it's yesterday.
sprint347

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:17:42 AM

I really hope we don't get told that chips can't be supplied for 'reasons out of our control' and chip purchases are refunded.

stolen from another thread but worth a run here Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: