Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:18:23 AM

I'll be updating Avalon's Scam Accusation thread with the shocking new information revealed in this thread.

Thanks to the OPs.

AVALON Scam Accusation thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258829.0

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:31:03 AM

I don't believe they will shipped out all the Avalon Chips end of  next week. Anyone dare to bet they will shipped out All of the chips end of next week?? by and before August 18th 2013??

They'll probably leave manufacturer at the end of next week and then end up in customs for awhile.

So YES figuratively but NO literally

I bought hundreds of gigahash worth of avalon chips.  If they conform to approximately to the most recent time-frame statements, I would not be too dissatisfied TBH.

We don't need to stir the pot.  Boycotts are one thing and perfectly okay, but if we sue Bitsyn our BTC will pay for his lawyers for a long drawn out trial. I'll bet all my bitcoins that lawsuit = terribly delayed chips

KEEP CALM
AND
CARRY ON

People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:45:09 AM

dw yifu, i think you get no more pdfs in mail and no more visits
if you only keep the promises, there should be no problems in future

I agree, slight delays happens in real world, its inevitable.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:59:10 AM

Some of you seem quite angry... here's a meme for you

/thread

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:06:47 AM

The less the others buy - the more we can :-)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:13:50 AM

The less the others buy - the more we can :-)

Not if thier website never works........hint hint  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:39:10 AM

I already decided that if my BFL unit ever actually showed up(don't worry im still pushing for my refund...but u know how it is...), it has no place in my home.. it would only be a constant reminder of their evil.. and sadly these chips are going the same way.. which is a shame because the board designers have done an awesome job of them, so I hope it doesn't end up in the same bucket.

young3dvard

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:44:41 AM

It's because people's greed overrides common sense, in other industries you wouldn't do pre-payments  for months or year in advance! The sellers have preying on the fear of increasing difficulty to drown out logical thinking.

Not a greed, people too much believe in delivery time claims.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:53:28 AM

Libertarians aren't anarchists. Free market proponents uphold contract law.
anarchists also uphold contract law. The difference is in the way they each choose to do so. Libertarians choose a limited government, whereas anarchists believe in the use of the market to develop ways to solve contract disputes or the individual can do it.

"Yifu is a four letter word."
Begru

Activity: 347
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:02:50 AM

http://thegenesisblock.com/56-4-ths-of-avalon-bitcoin-mining-asics-held-up-in-customs-225-ths-arriving-in-a-few-weeks/#comment-7666
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:42:58 AM

BOYCOTT CALL.

Just the Facts

Many of the community have invested in these chips at a time when AVALON had elevated themselves into arguably the top slot for BTC mining equipment. So far they have delivered 1 batch of chips to their "western" customer base and they were some 4 weeks overdue.

Their "No Bullshit" terms of sale have not been followed; sample/developer chips provided 4 weeks after payment of order didnt happen. Shipping of chips 9-10 weeks after payment didnt happen. They are clearly in violation of their own terms of sale and therefore must offer a full refund to those purchasers requesting such.

Whatever you have been told, their statement "No refunds" does not waive our statutory rights as consumers. I am a large shareholder in a group buy who have already requested a refund and have not received any reply. This is simply not acceptable from a company who has taken $millions of our money. Our group has realised that this 6+ week in delay and counting has effectively made the chips worthless to us.

If the majority of shareholders in group buys decide that they will be wasting more money for fabrication costs and having no chance of seeing a ROI, then perhaps, its time to demand a full REFUND from BitSyncom,  after all there are other companies which can likely deliver sooner and represent a more favourable investment.

I would urge all batch leaders to poll your group buy members and find out what THEY want, if a large number of group buy leaders request a refund, there will have to start addressing the issue. BitSyncom need to understand that they need to open up channels of communication and address this serious issue which affects hundreds if not thousands of consumers.

If this situation continues for much longer, the chips will not be worth their initial cost + development cost.

If you have any information about BitSyncom, full personal details,addresses (for legal communication), telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, Links to their personal media pages, personal future appointments at events (dates and locations), any info which will help to make contact, please post it on this thread.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:32:29 AM

I recommend that you open a new thread for this specifically.

Just keep in mind, if you poll for a refund, you are going to be bringing pressure on your own self as the intermediary. I hope you and the other group buy hosts are fully aware of this as playing with fire can get your own ass burned.

If those who are affected are told to "go to Yifu" to deal with the problem, it will be only a momentary distraction/deflection. You yourself are the host of a group buy which means it's also your own problem to hash out. (pun intended)

------------------

So tread with care because you are looking for trouble if you expect customers to side with you (and not against you) on recovery of funds. They will do whatever they have to, to get their money back. Do not be surprised if the group buy hosts become the primary target of such refund requests.

-----------------

Which begs the question, are you (the group buy hosts) going to stick around through thick and thin or will you pull a "Yifu" of your own when shit-hits-the-fan?

You should discuss with your own escrow agent (probably John) a game plan for the release of your own private details. Made available upon request for anyone looking for a legal settlement.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:37:14 AM

Just keep in mind that when things break down, the poll you insist on having, can become a double edged sword which cuts both ways.

(I like all of you group buy hosts and if you know the least of human nature this will obviously turn out badly for everyone involved.)
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:44:27 AM

Just keep in mind that when things break down, the poll you insist on having, can become a double edged sword which cuts both ways.

(I like all of you group buy hosts and if you know the least of human nature this will obviously turn out badly for everyone involved.)

PuertoLibre = Master Avalon shill.

What BitSyncom is doing is also, or even worse than BFL...

PuertoLibre, please, put your very smart BFL threat advice to BitSyncom now...cause we have a new (scam) Champ' here Wink
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:56:51 AM

PuertoLibre, please, put your very smart BFL threat advice to BitSyncom now...cause we have a new (scam) Champ' here Wink

PL = ASIC horse race winner (made the right choice backing Avalon B1) has likely made thousands of dollars from his initial $1300 USD investment and at one point (maybe not currently I don't really know) appeared to be, unsurprisingly a Yifu fanbois.

I'm stone cold guessing here but he could be sitting on a nice little stash of BTC quietly waiting for Avalon Gen2 devices and cheap resale ASICS.

Not sure you will see the passionate disdain for Avalon he openly showed for BFL, just saying.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:04:16 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 12:24:43 PM by PuertoLibre

@ fractal

You probably think I am an actual shill. I am not stopping anyone from pursuing what they think is the best course of action. But you can't blame me for pointing out the obvious.

My best advice to Yifu is to do exactly what BFL never really does. Open up to your customers and rather than try to reason with them about this screw up, just tell them what exactly comes next. Avoiding it will not resolve anything.

-------------------------

Fractal, if you really think no one is even thinking about going after the group buy hosts with legal recourse, you really don't live in reality.

It is super obvious. When things go to hell the first person to typically run is the one with the most responsibility. If they are publicly portraying that Yifu is fooked, what does that say about themselves in this picture?

Most group buy hosts made alot of money from actually being the host. About 1 BTC per every hundred chips. (some made even more)

Do they really think that somehow they are going to deflect the crap off themselves and unto Yifu for very long by agitating the crowd into a final decision?

----------------------------

In case you aren't aware, some of the Group Buy Hosts are the most talented in DIY hardware talent. If they go under then what does that mean for future open source hardware?

Some of you can't think beyond the tip of your own nose, apparently.

The consequences of that course of action is pretty obvious.

(Master BFL Shill/Master Avalon Shill)
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:07:58 PM

Certainly from a $ dollars point of view it is.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:10:04 PM

Group buys leaders should take the lead. Poll their buyers and then be forceful with Avalon on what they want.

REFUND
DELIVERY
COMPENSATION

etc.

I'd advocate refund and boycotts until Avalon makes the following clear to group buy leaders.

1. Chips are located where?
2. Chips are going to be shipped definitively when?
3. Refunds offered to those asking.
4. Boycotts continue until we all have been compensated
5. Legal action is started now as a safety net should Avalon fail to provide resolutions 1 to 4.

Anything less and Avalon will simply avoid the consequences and likely move on to Gen2 production without any response.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:13:45 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 12:32:59 PM by PuertoLibre

PL = ASIC horse race winner (made the right choice backing Avalon B1) has likely made thousands of dollars from his initial $1300 USD investment and at one point (maybe not currently I don't really know) appeared to be, unsurprisingly a Yifu fanbois.

I'm stone cold guessing here but he could be sitting on a nice little stash of BTC quietly waiting for Avalon Gen2 devices and cheap resale ASICS.

Not sure you will see the passionate disdain for Avalon he openly showed for BFL, just saying.
Thats all pretty true. (except the fanboi part)

It's not like I have ever hidden that. Just keep in mind I have also pointed out my reasons why I don't go with the herd.

If Avalon does crap, I am going to point it out.

Personally, I don't know the full story or even what Yifu is intending to do. I do not know why he has gone incommunicado. Either way, I am pretty sure he is watching every now and then what the latest developments are.

If you all want to go down a specific path just keep in mind everyone will blow themselves apart in that game.

------------------

As for me, I am waiting to see what comes out of the new companies like KNC and Bitfury et al. I made a hell of a bet a long time ago, and won. I won't be gambling on the next.

I have assessed the situation and came to a conclusion. I didn't join the Chip Buyers in the herd mentality. I am simply still watching to see what develops.

Seeing the Group Buy hosts doing rather irrational things is pretty concerning. Especially if they think they are going to get a positive resolution out of finger pointing. If they start a problem that consumes their capacity to produce open source hardware, (or just plain clones) that would be concerning. (for the future)

I do my part by pointing it out. As I don't see this ending well. Perhaps in their own stress they aren't looking at things which will blowback unto themselves.

Either way, if you want to go after the Avalon Team or Yifu Gou, go ahead. Though my personal view is this is going to cause more trouble than it is worth. I'd personally wait and see what Yifu does next to extend support to the community during a time of crisis.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:14:57 PM

I think boycotts are only effective if they need customers.
I don't think that is the position that Bitsyn.com is in anymore.

I had a weird thought. 
What if Avalon's "big customer" was a mid to high level political operative who had the connections/ability to slow down customs once he received his shipments?  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: