Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:51:44 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:52:42 PM

Mafia after us. ... A bitcoin conference is pretty big one so they won't be find to me.

It's a little bit telling that Yifu is able to shmooze it up with Bitcoin luminaries such as Josh Zerlan of Butterfly Labs and Sam of KNC at a recent conference... Because surely if there were people after Yifu, they wouldn't think to look for him at a public event in NYC.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:53:07 PM

Hey Sebastian,

I think the vast majority of us are behind you. You seem like a really good guy from my dealings with you. I can only imagine the amount of work you have gone through.

Yifu though, he probably has something coming. If the Mafia or the like are after you, do you not seek help? And why wait a month to get back to us all with "good news" that is not good news? I'd get things out there in the public and real quick. We don't know the story, but Yifu's last comments are not encouraging.

We should probably spend some of our GB money on making sure whoever is guilty here, pays the penalty.

Thanks for your help and hard work,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
andrei.u

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:53:25 PM

This is my second username on this forum , because i was banned for talking about BFL....and i had one opinion "that this forum is full of shit and people without real thing to do" ....i was thinking that i was wrong, but i keep that conclusion...
I just wanted to share my experience...good luck
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:02:15 PM

Mafia after us. ... A bitcoin conference is pretty big one so they won't be find to me.

It's a little bit telling that Yifu is able to shmooze it up with Bitcoin luminaries such as Josh Zerlan of Butterfly Labs and Sam of KNC at a recent conference... Because surely if there were people after Yifu, they wouldn't think to look for him at a public event in NYC.
Don't forget the infamous Sonny V   (if the pictures I have seen of sonny vleisides are accurate  Grin)

tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:07:48 PM

This is one of the things that surprises me about the deal that is supposedly taking place, surely the investor would have done some digging, seen a lot of these sorts of threads and realised that all is not as rosey as the bank balance is suggesting.

It's hardly like there are loads of BTC forums, simply Googling his Yifu's name brings up a few "alarming" ones.

No.

"The investor" needed only a btc address. Our money from preordered chips went straight to his address (Yifu: "I dont control that address").

Then the investor paid for those bitcoins to Yifu in cash who used those funds for the next gen chip.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:12:21 PM

This is one of the things that surprises me about the deal that is supposedly taking place, surely the investor would have done some digging, seen a lot of these sorts of threads and realised that all is not as rosey as the bank balance is suggesting.

It's hardly like there are loads of BTC forums, simply Googling his Yifu's name brings up a few "alarming" ones.

No.

"The investor" needed only a btc address. Our money from preordered chips went straight to his address (Yifu: "I dont control that address").

Then the investor paid those bitcoins to Yifu in cash who used those funds for the next gen chip. I bet that all this delay is caused by Yifu, cause he didnt pay for the chips on time.

Dude he's talking about the private equity deal that's taken place.

Which is ironic as Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 stated his greatest fear was a private equity funded company gain control of Bitcoin. Which is exactly what's he gone and done, first claimed by the members of Bitsyncom that split, then leaked to the WSJ, now confirmed by Yifu, and is what makes me so mad about this.

Don't judge these mining companies by their pretty words, but by their actions, as they tell an entirely different story and that's the only thing worth paying any attention to.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:13:12 PM

Gosh with all these theories and speculations about what is happening with yifu and the chips and avalon,,its almost easier for me just except what he told us yesterday at face value. How ever bizarre things may seem, they may really be held up in customs and he really may have another chip route and supply in the works? And they really may be in development of Gen 2 chips and 3 and 4..lol. The way I see it is, yifu didnt have to come into the thread and say anything if he was on the take or getting ready to blow us all off, he could have simply just never came back. I certainly don't think all the chatter in here of law suits and all that mumbo jumbo caused him to appear for us,,then tell us some lies and then vanish again. I think there may be some merit to what he has stated to us. I feel, he really didn't know what to tell us for a month,,cause he probably didn't know himself? So now he has something to tell us and he did come back in with a report. Not what we wanted to hear of course, but he did come back. So slam and threatened all we want but its not going to change things at the present time. Perhaps he will come back in today or tomorrow with a better update or maybe news and ETA's of the chips?...ok, my 2 cents for now. Next week at this time it may be another story!!  Tongue

Its not that he is on the take or getting ready to blow everyone off - he doesn't want to do that because he has future plans for ASICs/tablet devices and such. Like I said, it was never about a full blow-off, it was just "blow them off until....x,y,z", then throw them a bone. We didn't really get any info. Like no ETA, why he didn't try to fix things with customs instead of running off to Amsterdam, etc. Most people, when they aren't sure of what is going to happen don't go into hiding unless you are in the Bitcoin world. Most professionals bite the bullet and say "look, we know you are expecting stuff and some of you have put a lot of time and money into this but this thing has happened and we are working out the details, please stick with us and we think it is possible to have your orders by such and such."

The way many of the entities involved in this handle PR is strange - there is no way that just all of them suck at PR by coincidence. They go silent for extended periods of time. They never show that they are trying to get the ball rolling when there are problems.  That is what leads me to believe it has nothing to do with PR. There are things going on that we aren't privy to. Don't buy it. And then they try to divert your objections by invoking sympathy for them with fabricated BS about hitmen.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:21:45 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 07:48:06 PM by MinermanNC

Gosh with all these theories and speculations about what is happening with yifu and the chips and avalon,,its almost easier for me just except what he told us yesterday at face value. How ever bizarre things may seem, they may really be held up in customs and he really may have another chip route and supply in the works? And they really may be in development of Gen 2 chips and 3 and 4..lol. The way I see it is, yifu didnt have to come into the thread and say anything if he was on the take or getting ready to blow us all off, he could have simply just never came back. I certainly don't think all the chatter in here of law suits and all that mumbo jumbo caused him to appear for us,,then tell us some lies and then vanish again. I think there may be some merit to what he has stated to us. I feel, he really didn't know what to tell us for a month,,cause he probably didn't know himself? So now he has something to tell us and he did come back in with a report. Not what we wanted to hear of course, but he did come back. So slam and threatened all we want but its not going to change things at the present time. Perhaps he will come back in today or tomorrow with a better update or maybe news and ETA's of the chips?...ok, my 2 cents for now. Next week at this time it may be another story!!  Tongue

Its not that he is on the take or getting ready to blow everyone off - he doesn't want to do that because he has future plans for ASICs/tablet devices and such. Like I said, it was never about a full blow-off, it was just "blow them off until....x,y,z", then throw them a bone. We didn't really get any info. Like no ETA, why he didn't try to fix things with customs instead of running off to Amsterdam, etc. Most people, when they aren't sure of what is going to happen don't go into hiding unless you are in the Bitcoin world. Most professionals bite the bullet and say "look, we know you are expecting stuff and some of you have put a lot of time and money into this but this thing has happened and we are working out the details, please stick with us and we think it is possible to have your orders by such and such."

The way many of the entities involved in this handle PR is strange - there is no way that just all of them suck at PR by coincidence. They go silent for extended periods of time. They never show that they are trying to get the ball rolling when there are problems.  That is what leads me to believe it has nothing to do with PR. There are things going on that we aren't privy to. Don't buy it. And then they try to divert your objections by invoking sympathy for them with fabricated BS about hitmen.
Huh? I think you need a xanax my friend Smiley

Edit: In the bitcoin world we are not going to be dealing with very many professionals as we are accustom to. There are exceptions..like BKK, and a few others, and in the Onlne arena we have Coinbase which is a great example of professionalism,,,but its far and few,,,Like I have said Bitcoin is still in the wild west days of growth.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:24:04 PM

Remember this one?

We can now speculate further on the contents of that conversation…
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:26:01 PM

Avalon Guys are Straight,

They won't cheat on you like BFL....
We were within the first guys who ordered 1 Batch of ASICS and it was shipped almost 2 weeks ago ( it was 5 days in customs- since monday) ....So it all depends on when you made your order...
You should better worry about other things and have the PCBs and parts ready for the arrival of the chips.

Ok, so you were one of the first buyers... but zefir ordered at least 2 batches on the first day of opening too... and he only got one batch. So what does it say when only 2 batches were shipped when a month ago there were a huge amount of chips in boxes shown that were already created? Were are these chips now?
Regardless... Yifu only speaks about 20 batches in customs... thats nothing compared to the amount of chips ordered. And even then... they are there only 2 weeks. Which means the chips are late anyway. Why should that be? Yifu know quite well how long it takes to get the chips built. Thats why he waited 5 weeks until he ordered the chips at TSMC. And now it doesnt work anymore?
The pictures of the chip boxes seem to talk another way. Someone has those chips but not the normal buyers.

But good for you that YOU have your chips. That makes everything ok for the rest of us. Im relieved...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

Remember this one?

Josh: "You are really gonna ship something significant to these suckers and not mine yourself?!?"
Yifu: "You mean one can not ship at all!?! Great idea, thanks!"
tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

No.

Then the investor paid those bitcoins to Yifu in cash who used those funds for the next gen chip. I bet that all this delay is caused by Yifu, cause he didnt pay for the chips on time.

Which is ironic as Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 stated his greatest fear was a private equity funded company gain control of Bitcoin. Which is exactly what's he gone and done, first claimed by the members of Bitsyncom that split, then leaked to the WSJ, now confirmed by Yifu, and is what makes me so mad about this.

Don't judge these mining companies by their pretty words, but by their actions, as they tell an entirely different story and that's the only thing worth paying any attention to.

so am I.

the private equity deal = somebody took bitcoins from the orders for the chip, and gave cash to Yifu.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:44:07 PM

Remember this one?

Lets go to the bathroom and take some lines. This plate looks perfect.

A couple of days later:

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:45:52 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 07:58:07 PM by Bitcoinorama

No.

so am I.

the private equity deal = somebody took bitcoins from the orders for the chip, and gave cash to Yifu.

What?! No.

1. There's a wallet that they still sit in.
2. They could goto Mt. Gox if they wanted to exchange.

The deal is for investment after Bitsyncom fell apart.

If Yifu really doesn't have access to that wallet and if those monies, millions of dollars worth weren't spent to fund chip manufacture. I would love to know who and what has, as we've seen a huge amount of them in high def images kindly sent by a former member of Avalon's design team and a comment from Yifu suggesting he doesn't have access to the funds.

That same former member stated they had split, Yifu was off to secure private equity funding and the chips were already in hand in June. Which was just ahead of the original promised delivery date.

People have set businesses up around this. A cavalier response about 'maybe' not having access to a wallet people trusted Yifu to handle; which holds the cumulative value of their funds, and not addressing the alleged fact that he purposely has not delivered Bitcointalk orders in time when allegedly, and with damning photographic evidence, Bitsyncom could have delivered fro, the end of June. This, from a member of the actual team at Bitsyncom who said there was a complete internal meltdown whilst hobbiest manufacturers for the DIY set are being threatened with mass refunds is not cool.

tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:50:31 PM

What?! No.

1. Yifu stated that he doesnt control that address, and not a single bitcoin was spent from there
2. thats why its called private equity deal
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:52:12 PM

What?! No.

1. Yifu stated that he doesnt control that address, and not a single bitcoin was spent from there
2. thats why its called private equity deal

We are clearly not on the same page...

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:52:33 PM

Remember this one?

Lets go to the bathroom and take some lines. This plate looks perfect.

A couple of days later:

LOL, thanks for the chuckle,,,gotta keep some humor in here or we will all go insane!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:54:04 PM

Avalon Guys are Straight,

They won't cheat on you like BFL....
We were within the first guys who ordered 1 Batch of ASICS and it was shipped almost 2 weeks ago ( it was 5 days in customs- since monday) ....So it all depends on when you made your order...
You should better worry about other things and have the PCBs and parts ready for the arrival of the chips.

Ok, so you were one of the first buyers... but zefir ordered at least 2 batches on the first day of opening too... and he only got one batch. So what does it say when only 2 batches were shipped when a month ago there were a huge amount of chips in boxes shown that were already created? Were are these chips now?
Regardless... Yifu only speaks about 20 batches in customs... thats nothing compared to the amount of chips ordered. And even then... they are there only 2 weeks. Which means the chips are late anyway. Why should that be? Yifu know quite well how long it takes to get the chips built. Thats why he waited 5 weeks until he ordered the chips at TSMC. And now it doesnt work anymore?
The pictures of the chip boxes seem to talk another way. Someone has those chips but not the normal buyers.

But good for you that YOU have your chips. That makes everything ok for the rest of us. Im relieved...

Thank You for thinking about this critically. The chips were made. Who has them and why don't we? There only so many possibilities. They were either stolen, bought by a higher bidder, they are not held up in customs (complete BS story), are intentionally being held back by Yifu only and have not gone out to anyone, or are being held up by Yifu and "others".

Yifu escaping the Mafia - detouring through India and the temple of doom.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:07:13 PM

Thank You for thinking about this critically. The chips were made. Who has them and why don't we? There only so many possibilities. They were either stolen, bought by a higher bidder, they are not held up in customs (complete BS story), are intentionally being held back by Yifu only and have not gone out to anyone, or are being held up by Yifu and "others".

Where do you (collective) think the 20% increases have been coming from?

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: