Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:20:00 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 06:30:40 AM by PuertoLibre

Ok someone already called it last night, the (drumroll please) "stuck in customs" excuse.  

Jet lag guy had over 24 hours to think of a better reason than that, is that the best he could do?
I called it last night, LOL.

I don't doubt the Avalon guys. I just doubt the customs guy.

He will likely make announcements on the chips being stuck @ customs. Hence the multi-week delay.

Then he will make an announcement that their gen2 products are in the prototyping phase.

The crystal ball knows all!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:25:18 AM

Ok someone already called it last night, the (drumroll please) "stuck in customs" excuse.  

Jet lag guy had over 24 hours to think of a better reason than that, is that the best he could do?
I called it last night, LOL.

I don't doubt the Avalon guys. I just doubt the customs guy.

He will likely make announcements on the chips being stuck @ customs. Hence the multi-week delay.

Then he will make an announcement that their gen2 products are in the prototyping phase.

They crystal ball knows all!

Oh Wise & Powerful PuertoLibre,who will be the one to truely give us peons ASIC's  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:28:12 AM

and what the fuck where is Steamboat, Sebastian and Zefir who enticed and solicited or whore us into their group buy, these fuckers already made a good profits, we the one in the group buy are the ones who suffers. Where are there?? can we get a REFUND from our group buy.    They are keeping very quiet   When they need us they will show up their face. Stay Clear from these guys in their future group buy. NO MORE GROUP BUY.
Crap, the crowd is turning into a total mob.

Don't turn your pitchforks against the Group Buy organizers. Or at the very least give me a toe from the dismembered.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:29:59 AM

No, that's just eve, the rest of us lay blame solely on Yifuck

btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:33:18 AM

No, that's just eve, the rest of us lay blame solely on Yifuck

Hey! Show some respect for the King of Bitcoon, Yifu, without him we would all be lost.

But seriously, there is some shady ass mofos in China and we can't even begin to imagine what our poor friend is going through.... Bitcoon can really bring out the worst in people...
BenTuras

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:35:02 AM

I am DISGUSTED by most replies here. Almost all comments here are about missing ROI and the like. Hardly anyone mentions the terrifying times that team Avalon and their family went through and probably still are.

It's just GREED all the way.

Imagine you are a bright young man, with some bright friends, able to make a unique product that brings in millions and then you, your team and family found yourself in the crosshair of <fill in your local mafia>. All of you would take CARE OF YOUR FAMILY and would have to put your CRM on halt.

Yes, I am a customer of Bitsyncom, machines and chips.
Yes, I am waiting for some chips, but I will never let greed take over.
Yes, I will buy again.

Call me stupid, call me an idiot, but at least I am still decent.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:35:31 AM

Unit Batches
Batch three have completely left our hands, may DHL be swift in their deliveries. The refunds will shortly follow, this is the same for any tradein orders ( ran into issues such as some people were receiving their address to pay while other are not). we understand we are very late in this department of processing any customer support related issue, we will not be making any excuses, but this is literally the only thing left on our plate now. In the future we hope to eliminate this problem by selling only in stock products that will ship in under 3 days.

Yifu, I do applaud you for coming out with a very nice Batch #3 Avalon.  However, most importantly, I  truly hope you will address the Avalons Trade-ins that have not even been added to the store such as mine and others.
Secondly, I think you should give compensation to batch #3 and trade-in customers who have been loyal for quite a while.  
Why?  The ROI is now 62+ minimum days at 82GH/s overclock and the trade-ins and Batch #3 were well over 3 months past the May 5th date you had already changed previously.

And to Benturas:    Its not about being greedy its about being on time and doing business right.  My Father taught me to be a man of my word and have integrity.  Own up to your mistakes and show accountability.  In this case: "Excuses are like Assholes.  Everyone has them and they all stink."  
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:36:11 AM

Oh come on, I expected more conspiracy theories as to why and how Avalon chips are being made available on Alibaba. Pay off? Stolen chips? Employee theft under duress (threat or kidnapping)?

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=A3256-Q48

Do you really believe all the people that placed early bulk ordered were going to make boards with the chips?

Scalpers are in on everything nowadays.

For once you posted something that wasn't non-sense. I am startled...and afraid.

The scalpers just got scalped.

I am DISGUSTED by most replies here. Almost all comments here are about missing ROI and the like. Hardly anyone mentions the terrifying times that team Avalon and their family went through and probably still are.

Imagine you are a bright young man, with some bright friends, able to make a unique product that brings in millions and then you, your team and family found yourself in the crosshair of <fill in your local mafia>. All of you would take CARE OF YOUR FAMILY and would have to put your CRM on halt.

Yes, I will buy again.

You are a decent human being. I honor your integrity.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:38:11 AM

In addition, there is 2 more chip designs in the pipeline, we have decided to proceed developing Gen3 and Gen4 in parallel due to the long R&D time of low processor nodes, both of these will be a Full Custom ASIC design.

http://www.avalon-asics.com/

I as well as many others are Glad to see the team involved with the Avalon Project is coping well with the trials and tribulations that come with territory. Looking forward to having these further decentralize hardware options become available for the Bitcoin network mining participants.

Thank you for the update. Best wishes to your future success.

~Sitarow
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:39:45 AM

What about Avalon shipping 135 boxes shipped to the reseller in HK?
2.1 million chips - $14.7million dollars

Check near the bottom of the article for the tracking info:
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/

TGB did a sloppy job on this. Clearly visible "n/24" is written on each parcel and furthermore there are two tracking identifier: there is a MAWB (Master Air Way Bill) which was 871 5050 8076 and a HAWB (House Air Way Bill) which was JHG13060373. The MAWB is the identifier for the "whole stack" of the shipping company and the HAWB is an internal identifier for each recipient. Means: the total amount of parcels for this shipping company was 135 parcels altogether, but fidelhl received only 24 parcels.

Thanks for the details, excellent eye on the details.  No one else that I've seen has been able to make this differentiation, including the author Philip.  

Also, your earlier post was also very interesting too (Sebastian mentioned a 70TH/s increase from a known/unknown entity):

I also think he received less than 374400 chips. On the upper left box is a label with "QTY: 7834" which is far less than 15600 per box. One box below: "QTY: 7815". Couldn't read the other labels due to the picture quality, but my best guess: somewhere around but higher than 187200 chips and guaranteed less than 358850 chips. Equals 52.7904 TH/s - 101.1957 TH/s with stock clocking.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:40:28 AM

Weasely little mother fucker coming out with some sob story. No concessions, only excuses. I'm normally not a fan of class action law suits but if it means that we collectively get to break it off in his ass, start hiring lawyers. And he has the damn balls to talk about the next three generations of his POS chips? Anyone who sends him a single satoshi, product in hand or not, is a sucker.
Please ship his "POS" chips first. I want to see him toss his tray to the ground and stamp the crap out of it!
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:40:57 AM

Yes, I will buy again.

Go back to Facebook.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:43:52 AM

Yes, I will buy again.

Yes.  He performs magic, and has both customers and the mob after him.  Not a situation to inspire more entrepreneurs.

I try to be respectful and informed.
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 06:46:39 AM

Stop bullshittin' in here - he did not say someone robbed me and all the money is gone - he just tried to explain to us what were the reasons for the delay.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:47:39 AM

Wow, this is the worst PR management ever. Shit is flying everywhere and shit barely gets explained properly, I'm glad they are not dealing with pre-order crap after these chips but I'm VERY wary of buying another Avalon product right now.
Welcome to BFL industries.

Oh wait...
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 06:47:57 AM

Your mindset is honorable and not stupid, but I think you miss the point:

There is a huge difference between "we don't care about you or your family" and "this story sounds fishy and like a made up excuse - we don't believe it".

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 06:50:16 AM

Because YiFu doesn't deal directly with TMSC, he deals with someone that deals with someone that deals with someone else.  He probably pays three times what they actually cost from the fab, and someone else in the process makes sure that twice as many chips get produced, etc...

I remember he told on a video that one must know people (have personal contacts) in China to make business. Now it turns out that he actually doesn't. Instead, he knows people who know people who know people.
Chinese people called it "interpersonal relationship". It is the most important factor of running a business in China.

In the rest of the world we call it 'mob ties,' 'organized crime,' or simply 'racketeering.'

Plot Twist: Yifu is not alive, someone else is posting on Yifu's account.

Mindfuck: the entity extorting Avalon is ASICminer; Friendcat is actually a ruthless PLA princling!

This is by far the best drama around, bar none! 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's season finale of All My Bitcoins even more than the new Breaking Bad on Sun.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
greaterninja

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:54:13 AM

Yes, I will buy again.

Yes.  He performs magic, and has both customers and the mob after him.  Not a situation to inspire more entrepreneurs.

Yifu is very successful and I applaud him for it.  Contrary to what you said, he does inspire others to be entrepreneurs.  On the other-hand, as a business manager he needs to be accountable for his mistakes and delays and own up to them to his loyal customers.  Thats how someone does good business.  Also, think about this...you give someone $6,000 to $550,000 USD in bitcoin and the person takes off with your BTC / Money for 5-6+ months.  But promises every 2 weeks he will deliver in the next 2 weeks.   2n+2.    Yeah I'd be pretty upset and the customers have every right to bitch and moan.

Be a man, own up to your mistakes.  Your customers will actually like and respect you a lot more.
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:54:47 AM

And to Benturas:    Its not about being greedy its about being on time and doing business right.  My Father taught me to be a man of my word and have integrity.  Own up to your mistakes and show accountability.  In this case: "Excuses are like Assholes.  Everyone has them and they all stink."  

Does "doing business right" mean ignoring credible threats of violence?

I think we should follow the "innocent until proven guilty" protocol here. If we discover that Yifu is manufacturing the severity of these threats, then I shall grab my pitchfork alongside everyone else.

Because YiFu doesn't deal directly with TMSC, he deals with someone that deals with someone that deals with someone else.  He probably pays three times what they actually cost from the fab, and someone else in the process makes sure that twice as many chips get produced, etc...

I remember he told on a video that one must know people (have personal contacts) in China to make business. Now it turns out that he actually doesn't. Instead, he knows people who know people who know people.
Chinese people called it "interpersonal relationship". It is the most important factor of running a business in China.

In the rest of the world we call it 'mob ties,' 'organized crime,' or simply 'racketeering.'

Plot Twist: Yifu is not alive, someone else is posting on Yifu's account.

Mindfuck: the entity extorting Avalon is ASICminer; Friendcat is actually a ruthless PLA princling!

This is by far the best drama around, bar none! 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's season finale of All My Bitcoins even more than the new Breaking Bad on Sun.

I'd watch the shit out of your show. Send Hollywood the script.

greaterninja

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:58:15 AM

And to Benturas:    Its not about being greedy its about being on time and doing business right.  My Father taught me to be a man of my word and have integrity.  Own up to your mistakes and show accountability.  In this case: "Excuses are like Assholes.  Everyone has them and they all stink."  

Does "doing business right" mean ignoring credible threats of violence?

No it means to deliver products and services at the timelines that you give.   To deliver in a timely manner and to own up to why or what is going on.

Credible threats of violence can be dealt by hiring security and police escorts, etc.  Thats about what everyone else in the world does when they have a very valuable service and product to offer.

And lastly, I bet these "credible threats of violence" were somewhat self-inflicted, Yifu was not communicating with his customers regularly and thus was not very transparent.  This pissed a lot of customers off.  If you have more delays and excuses, let your customers know what is going on and stop giving half ass customer support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: