Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:26:17 PM

The problem with stupid people is they're too stupid to realise how fucking stupid they are.

Fuck you.  I want my refund.  You know, the one I applied for a month ago through your official support site. Not some outdated tech that will probably only pay for 60% of its cost.

Also, the Avalon site still says Batch 3 is shipping on 'May 5st' -> http://launch.avalon-asics.com/

And from the same site...

Why Batch Orders?
Utilizing a short time frame, batch based, and built-to-order sales method allows to manage finances properly and reduce risk for all parties.

But I think this has been covered already...

/rant

edit: 6 new posts were posted while I typed this. Obv it's not directed at the post above but Yifu.

edit edit: and 2 more posts while I typed that edit. In like 10 seconds!!!

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:26:34 PM

You don't question everything that is put into print? Really? Not a follower of Chomsky I guess.

I am I highly skeptical person. Trust me on that  Wink

That being said, there is zero consistency or useful information in the "news" posted.

For me, total questions answered or address in the "news": 0
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:27:26 PM

Don't be [too] stupid about this Kano.

We are talking about publicly posting information. Not the individuals getting their own tracking number.

Nice try once you realized the fuck up on your end though.
I never said that about customer tracking numbers - you're the one who made the stupid assumption.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:28:48 PM

You know how it is - you've been on a long plane flight - you've been drinking free booze all flight in first class - you get back in front of your computer you've not been near for weeks due to partying, whoring and boozing in Vegas, and it's like
"Hmm PMs and emails while I've been away ... oh well, guess I better say something before I pass out so I can ignore that crap for another week ..."
Wakes up the next morning ... oh crap I said "tomorrow" in the post ... oh well no one will notice anything different if I do nothing for a few days, they're used to that from me, and I am only a PR guy, not like I know anything about hardware or software and have control over anything except delaying deliveries ... ... ...

don't you got better things to do like writing code mr. software engineer than waste time with some first-class-riding booze-drinking "pr guy" like me?

anyhow, update is live on main page. http://avalon-asics.com

Extortion, a familiar tactic when it comes to the Bitcoin scene and business in China.

I'm sorry but i have to call your update a big bullshit too. Since you already knew that extortion is a familiar tactic when it comes to Bitcoin maybe you should've thought about it long before accepting millions of $ worth or pre-orders. I really liked Avalon before this but then they are in the BFL zone. I want to be your customer again, but this statement just made me think twice when ordering from you.

~200k chips stuck in custom right at this moment for about 2 weeks now, this matter is very painful for us and our customers. As majority of the chip orders ( 70% ) totaling ~800k is made between early and mid-may resulting in a tight time frame to work with.

So if ~200k chips are stuck in customs where are the rest of the 600k chips?

Also i remember that you promised Gen2 chips somewhere around January 2014. Thank you for warning us ahead of the new Gen2 chip that will have "immediate delivery" in Octomber. Nice way to screw up for all your chips customers so you can get more cash in hands. Let's hope someone else can do it better because i'm done with chinese way of doing business.

Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:31:16 PM

You know how it is - you've been on a long plane flight - you've been drinking free booze all flight in first class - you get back in front of your computer you've not been near for weeks due to partying, whoring and boozing in Vegas, and it's like
"Hmm PMs and emails while I've been away ... oh well, guess I better say something before I pass out so I can ignore that crap for another week ..."
Wakes up the next morning ... oh crap I said "tomorrow" in the post ... oh well no one will notice anything different if I do nothing for a few days, they're used to that from me, and I am only a PR guy, not like I know anything about hardware or software and have control over anything except delaying deliveries ... ... ...

don't you got better things to do like writing code mr. software engineer than waste time with some first-class-riding booze-drinking "pr guy" like me?

anyhow, update is live on main page. http://avalon-asics.com

Extortion, a familiar tactic when it comes to the Bitcoin scene and business in China.

I'm sorry but i have to call your update a big bullshit too. Since you already knew that extortion is a familiar tactic when it comes to Bitcoin maybe you should've thought about it long before accepting millions of $ worth or pre-orders. I really liked Avalon before this but then they are in the BFL zone. I want to be your customer again, but this statement just made me think twice when ordering from you.

~200k chips stuck in custom right at this moment for about 2 weeks now, this matter is very painful for us and our customers. As majority of the chip orders ( 70% ) totaling ~800k is made between early and mid-may resulting in a tight time frame to work with.

So if ~200k chips are stuck in customs where are the rest of the 600k chips?

Also i remember that you promised Gen2 chips somewhere around January 2014. Thank you for warning us ahead of the new Gen2 chip that will have "immediate delivery" in Octomber. Nice way to screw up for all your chips customers so you can get more cash in hands. Let's hope someone else can do it better because i'm done with chinese way of doing business.
At least we know they won't be able to make the October delivery deadline.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:31:44 PM

Yo guys, the tracking number IS on these boxes, under the Airway Bill number;

I cannot read Chinese so cannot confirm with the link below, can someone else?

SO WHAT ARE THESE CHIPS?

SO this photo was made @ chinese customs office?
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/#!prettyPhoto

It is a lie.
[\quote]

Yifu the fucker, can you tell us the tracking number to prove your excuse?

http://service.customs.gov.cn/default.aspx?tabid=9405
+100

Group Buyers please contact bitsyncom and demand those tracking numbers, if they are not able to provide them then start legal actions against them.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

You don't question everything that is put into print? Really? Not a follower of Chomsky I guess.

That being said, there is zero consistency or useful information in the "news" posted.

If the news answers all the questions you have had you are reading the wrong news or not asking enough questions. As for Yifu's "News" agreed it was 0.

It didn't answer my own questions. Where are the chips I ordered and when will they be delivered? Short of that no one is going to get an answer. I suspect that we are already past the point of caring about those answers and now looking for restitution. It is now refund time or lawsuit time.

I vote refund and no doubt the rest of the group buy leaders are going to agree.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:40:03 PM

If the news answers all the questions you have had you are reading the wrong news or not asking enough questions. As for Yifu's "News" agreed it was 0.

It didn't answer my own questions. Where are the chips I ordered and when will they be delivered? Short of that no one is going to get an answer. I suspect that we are already past the point of caring about those answers and now looking for restitution. It is now refund time or lawsuit time.

I vote refund.
Hey Bicknellski, do you think there is any chance that the chip shipments will start flowing again by the end of next week? as yifu stated? or is that just part of the cushion with the rest of the negative news.... I guess if there is any truth to it,,,better late then never at this stage of the game? Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:47:07 PM

Does anyone in here really think they would receive a refund? much less a real law suit being started? and by who and from where against who...an office that can close up and vanish?...that will drag out for 2 years if it even got off the ground. I think either case will not happen. So what to do....wait and wait and hope like hell yifu is telling us the truth. Ya I feel a little screwed here at the moment too!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:48:05 PM

http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076

Click "To English" and the tracking number is 87150508076

Doesn't give much information, but it shows that it left on June 25th and there are 135 Pieces.

Well 25th is way over a month, it's six weeks, so TSMC kept their side of the bargain. WTF Avalon has been doing since is anyone's guess, but those chips ain't held up in any customs there, Bitsyncom made receipt of those as confirmed by Gridchip...

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:49:51 PM

I vote refund.
Hey Bicknellski, do you think there is any chance that the chip shipments will start flowing again by the end of next week? as yifu stated? or is that just part of the cushion with the rest of the negative news.... I guess if there is any truth to it,,,better late then never at this stage of the game? Smiley

And that is the gamble you have to take.

Given that post from him I think you can't make an educated guess either way to be honest.

If I had a chance to offload my chips right now I would, at cost of course.

Given there are millions tied up in Group Buys we can work together and present a united front. I suspect that a BOYCOTT of all future Avalon products could be very effective given we do not get some manner of compensation. People are already linking up and discussing how to proceed. Avalon will not walk away from this unbloodied. I suggest they offer refunds to everyone who asks for them or this will get very ugly.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:02:12 PM

I really would like to know why these chips exist but we didnt get them. Was there a big buyer that wanted chips fast and got our chips so we have to wait now? I really would like to read an explaination.

I dont know how Yifu could make this good again. I mean when its a miner he could say, ok, one month waiting means 75% higher difficulty, i give you 75% refund. But this cant work for chips since the chips are only half of the cost of a miner. Even when yifu would refund all bitcoins for the chips it wouldnt work out to cover the loss.

I wonder if he offers a full refund and what my groupbuy members would say about this offer...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:02:30 PM

The main problem is Yifus totally deranged sense of self, god-like ego and half-assed attitude towards everything. "I'm the big asic master, people can call themself blessed if I just talk to them every now and then. I'm not interested in low level problems, because I roam on much higher levels." no ad hominem...

Everywhere on the world and probably foremost in Asia, if you handle cash in such amounts, you can be sure the mafia knocks on your door the sooner or later. You can address this, by talking to the right people at the right time, with the right proposals.

Corruption, from warehouseman to driver, to customs and police officers, can be handled and taken care of in advance and in effective ways, if you are aware of its existence.

These are tasks of a business leader.

Turning a blind eye to such basics led to this situation. Continuing to ignore these points will leave things in the same mess and bring more sorrow.

Possible ways to mitigate the damage

1. 2 for 1. For every chip ordered, send one for free

2. Refund

Something different: why is this man so happy? And where did he get his chips from?

Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

http://shop104932379.taobao.com/

Where do the Ali Baba chips come from?

shep80

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:03:23 PM

I really would like to know why these chips exist but we didnt get them. Was there a big buyer that wanted chips fast and got our chips so we have to wait now? I really would like to read an explaination.

This right here is the multi-million dollar question!

eroxors
Legendary

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:04:37 PM

Pretty much the bullshit I expected. Excuses, delays. Yifu is a child. At this point, I think BFL might be gaining more credibility. I'll not do business with either in the future.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:06:10 PM

http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076

Click "To English" and the tracking number is 87150508076

Doesn't give much information, but it shows that it left on June 25th and there are 135 Pieces.

Well 25th is way over a month, it's six weeks, so TSMC kept their side of the bargain. WTF Avalon has been doing since is anyone's guess, but those chips ain't held up in any customs there, Bitsyncom made receipt of those as confirmed by Gridchip...

135 Pieces (if all chips) would be over 2 Million Chips if my calculations are correct.

Each box contains 6 "Smaller Boxes"

Each Small Box contains 2600 Chips

Thats

135*6 = 810 Small Boxes

810 * 2600 = 2,106,000 Chips.

Obviously what we can see in the picture is a group of 24 boxes estimated at around 300,000 chips.

Either way you are correct, we are not getting any information from this tracking number as they arrived at their destination UNI GLORY INTL LOGISTICS

Great analysis BG. 2 million seems like a lot tho...maybe not...

Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:07:44 PM

I dont know how Yifu could make this good again. I mean when its a miner he could say, ok, one month waiting means 75% higher difficulty, i give you 75% refund. But this cant work for chips since the chips are only half of the cost of a miner. Even when yifu would refund all bitcoins for the chips it wouldnt work out to cover the loss.

I wonder if he offers a full refund and what my groupbuy members would say about this offer...

A refund of our chips does not recover what we've paid to assemblers... who have already spent much of our money on parts and start-up expenses

Mind you.. getting *something* back is better than losing the lot... which is quite possibly how this ends... people are talking about roi but personally i'm thinking this will end up a BFL scenario where we never see product - they just ask everyone to "trade up" to the next gen.. and guess what.. people will and then the cycle repeats

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:08:07 PM

Outside of anything else it seems exceptionally odd that problems involving the Avalon staff would somehow disturb shipments from foundry to end clients. It seems highly unlikely that Chinese foundries do not have routines for sending hardware to other countries.

Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:08:46 PM

Someone wanted the chips, threats were made: "hold off the orders or we'll send the Yakuza after your ass." Chips have been running off the machines like crazy and being sold on alibaba and all around china with a trickle of them finishing off our orders.

I think we need to seriously consider making sure that the ASIC chip technology gets nowhere close to China, IOW don't get them made from Chinese manufacturers. There have to be others out there. China is just shooting yourself in the foot - they will steal your tech, patent infringe like a mofo and sell to the highest bidder.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:13:05 PM

135 Pieces (if all chips) would be over 2 Million Chips if my calculations are correct.

Each box contains 6 "Smaller Boxes"

Each Small Box contains 2600 Chips

Thats

135*6 = 810 Small Boxes

810 * 2600 = 2,106,000 Chips.

Obviously what we can see in the picture is a group of 24 boxes estimated at around 300,000 chips.

Either way you are correct, we are not getting any information from this tracking number as they arrived at their destination UNI GLORY INTL LOGISTICS

Great analysis BG. 2 million seems like a lot tho...maybe not...

I agree 2 Millions does seem like a lot, I think only 1 Million was ordered through their website? They could be using the rest to build machines, have deals that are in Cash vs BTC with local groups, or there literally could be multiple packages for different customers (not just Avalon) in that same shipment which means there really is only the ~300k chips.

Who knows!

Point is TSMC clearly fulfilled their side of the bargain and Bitsyncom split over the lies they have been telling you!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: