Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:15:56 PM

Because he and others are "in" on the "delay". Over in the TH thread, the only two guys who are trying to deter talk are the guys who visited TH to prove to us they were legit. This same thing was noticed in another operation - that those who visited the site were trying to defend the "business" who was not delivering on their promise.
We need to be careful before we start to map out huge conspiracies involving members of the community.  

It's human nature to defend something that someone has grown close to, or something someone has come to support.  

Examples are everywhere, with each vendor.   In most every case, there are real vested-interest shills, and then there are those who are simply vested psychologically, or emotionally, in a vendor or product.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:16:08 PM

Anybody know why Shenzhen Goldtech Electronics Co. can supply 100,000 Avalon chips per month?
http://http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html

This may have more to do with the people who work at the chip company running extra batches for themselves, which is STOP in China.

They are a reseller / trader. Don't even have stock.. Said to have in ten days. i doubt it though. (have chinese contact speaking with them directly, would buy with my contact hand over hand).
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:24:30 PM

Because he and others are "in" on the "delay". Over in the TH thread, the only two guys who are trying to deter talk are the guys who visited TH to prove to us they were legit. This same thing was noticed in another operation - that those who visited the site were trying to defend the "business" who was not delivering on their promise.
We need to be careful before we start to map out huge conspiracies involving members of the community.  

It's human nature to defend something that someone has grown close to, or something someone has come to support.  

Examples are everywhere, with each vendor.   In most every case, there are real vested-interest shills, and then there are those who are simply vested psychologically, or emotionally, in a vendor or product.

This is very true. Lets not let the Yifu delays turn everyone in here against each other. We all want the same thing in the end,,our chips, and Im sure Th and all the others want that as well. They all have out of pocket money invested as well.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:32:26 PM

Sometimes I just call out tinfoil hat BS when I see it, even when I don't give a crap about the product. Like my last post in here, just confirming that China does put exports through customs, even though that seems really strange to us.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:34:35 PM

If you invent a money printing machine and fabricate it in Shenzhen, China, The Wo shing wo will sooner or later (batch 2) want a piece of the action.
it is not inconceivable to think that a naiive computer geek who knows nothing about security in such matters went over there only to have his pants pulled down. He has close to $10 million in bitcoin and needs to refund those chip buyers who request one.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:53:31 PM

This is very true. Lets not let the Yifu delays turn everyone in here against each other. We all want the same thing in the end,,our chips, and Im sure Th and all the others want that as well. They all have out of pocket money invested as well.
You are just as much a shill as the others. I don't need to hear from your old ass what I should be doing.

Why do we need to be careful? So at what point does it become OK to mapout these conspiracies? You sound like G W Bush when he spoke about 911 at the UN regarding "not tolerating outrageous conspiracy theories".
Loredo

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:06:08 PM

You are just as much a shill as the others. I don't need to hear from your old ass what I should be doing.

Why do we need to be careful? So at what point does it become OK to mapout these conspiracies? You sound like G W Bush when he spoke about 911 at the UN regarding "not tolerating outrageous conspiracy theories".
You need to calm down, and check the editing on your quotes.  It's not clear from it whether you were directing you comment at me, or at MinerManNC

Regarding the bolded part of your analysis, I'm going to suggest a little homework for you:  the concept of False Equivalence.  (Which, ironically, was used a lot by the Bush White House). There'll be a pop quiz later in the thread.
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:18:25 PM

You need to calm down, and check the editing on your quotes.  It's not clear from it whether you were directing you comment at me, or at MinerManNC

Regarding the bolded part of your analysis, I'm going to suggest a little homework for you:  the concept of False Equivalence.  (Which, ironically, was used a lot by the Bush White House). There'll be a pop quiz later in the thread.
I quoted MinermanMC. But since you initially made the statement he bolded then that part applies to you as well. I don't have time or purpose to look up false equivalence.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:28:58 PM

I quoted MinermanMC. But since you initially made the statement he bolded then that part applies to you as well. I don't have time or purpose to look up false equivalence.
Take a chill pill and get a Life dude..better yet just leave!

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:31:26 PM

Sorry Loredo, I was just agreeing with what you said,,,,don't worry about vagil, he has obvious anger management issues.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:39:13 PM

Anyone seen this?

【Avalon Factory】made by ccbmc!50PCS 110G 4# avalon mining Has shipped!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271629.0

It seems someone has received a batch outside of Zefir.

Was the person who received in same country?  That would mean no customs troubles.

Sure. Other  orders got stuck on the way out of china.

Roll Eyes

Those photos are BS. The photos are from a month ago. That same ID card picture has been posted on this forum before.

EDIT: These ARE the old photos mixed with a mid July screen capture. Nothing new here.

Aren't these old photos? That same ID card picture has been posted on this forum before about a month ago.

EDIT: These ARE the old photos mixed with a mid July screen capture. Nothing new here.

Same guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229795.msg2417635#msg2417635

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:43:52 PM

Anyone seen this?

【Avalon Factory】made by ccbmc!50PCS 110G 4# avalon mining Has shipped!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271629.0

It seems someone has received a batch outside of Zefir.

Was the person who received in same country?  That would mean no customs troubles.

No, chips are from Taiwan, Avalon is in China. If the customs thing was real it would have happened between China and Taiwan.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 04:50:19 PM

BitSyncom / Avalon,

Rather than ship out over a million Gen1 chips that will be sure losers if they aren't received by buyers in the next 2-4 weeks, why don't you offer Gen1 chip buyers the opportunity to upgrade to Gen2 chips at no extra charge?

Assuming Gen2 chips offer 4-5 times the performance and lower power consumption compared to Gen1 chips, this seems like a win/win situation for both Avalon and buyers.

Also, it sounds as if Gen2 chips will work with existing designs with little to no modification necessary.

Of course, this is also contingent on you being able to deliver Gen2 chips in October.
Vigil

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:23:27 PM

BitSyncom / Avalon,

Rather than ship out over a million Gen1 chips that will be sure losers if they aren't received by buyers in the next 2-4 weeks, why don't you offer Gen1 chip buyers the opportunity to upgrade to Gen2 chips at no extra charge?

Assuming Gen2 chips offer 4-5 times the performance and lower power consumption compared to Gen1 chips, this seems like a win/win situation for both Avalon and buyers.

Also, it sounds as if Gen2 chips will work with existing designs with little to no modification necessary.

Of course, this is also contingent on you being able to deliver Gen2 chips in October.
People have already spent 100s of hours designing boards and ordering parts for these chips.
papamoi

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:27:37 PM

where are the specs of gen2 chips?

kendog77

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:32:03 PM

BitSyncom / Avalon,

People have already spent 100s of hours designing boards and ordering parts for these chips.

I understand that. This is from the last Avalon update:

"We will take this time to fulfill a promise to announce the next generation chip 2 month ahead of schedule so potential buyers can make a decision. Soon we will be disabling the pre-order of Avalon Gen1 chips and only sell the remaining stock as we phase out old technology for a new 55nm, which goes on sale for immediate delivery at mid October 2013. This 55nm will retain the same physical dimension as the 110nm Gen1, only few pads were changed so getting them up and running requires very little change to existing design."
Loredo

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:34:06 PM

Exactly so.  The root source of my personal disappointment and anger at Mr. YiFu is the economic damage done to these people.

For others to say, "oh, just forget about Gen 1, and fold those with gen 1 orders into gen2" ignores the effect on these efforts.

Also, to ship gen1 now can still provide such things as the Klondike boards in time for many to recover some of what had been hoped.

EDIT: While I was typing, post just above this one was made, indicating a high degree of compatibility between chips across generations was made.  Even so, there is a saying about birds in hand...
kendog77

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:36:42 PM

Exactly so.  The root source of my personal disappointment and anger at Mr. YiFu is the economic damage done to these people.

For others to say, "oh, just forget about Gen 1, and fold those with gen 1 orders into gen2" ignores the effect on these efforts.

Also, to ship gen1 now can still provide such things as the Klondike boards in time for many to recover some of what had been hoped.

I'm not condoning what Avalon did. The way they handled bulk chip orders has been terrible, but that is water under the bridge at this point. You can't change the past.

The only question now is what is in the best interest of bulk chip buyers from this point forward.

Would you rather take delivery of Gen1 chips at a guaranteed loss or switch to Gen2 chips and have a shot at making a profit? The window for any kind of ROI for Gen1 chips appears to be ~4 weeks at the current rate of difficulty increases.
Loredo

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:40:25 PM

The only question now is what is in the best interest of bulk chip buyers from this point forward.
Agree.  And I don't think anyone is a "shill" if that would mean not boycotting BitSynCom if there were, going forward, some good things which could make some restitution of the damages done.
LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:43:19 PM

I understand that. This is from the last Avalon update:

"We will take this time to fulfill a promise to announce the next generation chip 2 month ahead of schedule so potential buyers can make a decision. Soon we will be disabling the pre-order of Avalon Gen1 chips and only sell the remaining stock as we phase out old technology for a new 55nm, which goes on sale for immediate delivery at mid October 2013. This 55nm will retain the same physical dimension as the 110nm Gen1, only few pads were changed so getting them up and running requires very little change to existing design."

Unfortunately, we now have little reason to believe any of the above statement.  Even if sufficient credibility was intact, it is stated previously that BitSyncom will no longer be selling product which is not yet produced.

Plans & speculation have no value at this point, hardware in hand does.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: