Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:41:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:55:24 AM

SO WHAT ARE THESE CHIPS?

SO this photo was made @ chinese customs office?
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/#!prettyPhoto

It is a lie.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:59:55 AM

I am happy to hear the news from Yifu. I feel the tone of this community has a pretty poor attitude towards the engineers that make it all possible, and the people that work hard creating companies doing what they love (which is not sitting around making sure mining rigs have power). I know BFL took a really long time to develop their product, but Avalon has their product developed.

All this talk about making roi... maybe you should power them with an excersice bike instead of paying for overpriced middle America electricity fees. You would have enough time to calm down and make some happy molecules in your brains (these are important). Also if you plan on making real money(over 50k/yr min) by mining you might want to start looking for a real job again, I mine to support the bitcoin currency and to generate a littlte bit of it for myself, I also work 2 jobs and create electronics as a revenue generating hobby.

You must have understood the risk involved when you spent the money on chips... hell their wasn't even a working board design (other than avalons) when I spent my money. You must have seen what went down with BFL before you spent money on pre order chips from Avalon... Im glad I talked my buddy out of dropping $20k on boards from terrahash (dropped $2k instead, put 15k in a hedge and a little liquid). Did you not understand the rise in difficulty that was going to occur? I also didn't put all my eggs in one basket... if you are looking at bitcoin mining hardware as an investment then you should really diversify so you don't get burned.

I just feel the attitude in this room is a bit dark and could use some light. Especially seeing how none of this technology even existed a year ago and you are all complaining how screwed you are to not have the latest and greatest toys.

You have great contribution to the world or to human does not mean you have right to lie or even kill people.
We have to take the risk does not mean you can have our money and tell lies again and again.
Please do not confuse the 2 thing.
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:03:01 AM

Isn't that your job - mail boy?

He's not even able to send a postcard!

greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:03:22 AM

what the hell?

you've all been completely fucked over, and you're all talking about buying their next gen chips?

are you mental? this is why we get scammed continually.

and stop being nice.. he has your money, he has your chips, and he's given you NOTHING

there isn't even any references, links, or documents, or ANY form of proof associated with anything that's been said in their "announcement"

+1
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:08:15 AM

So since Yifu decided not to spend the 1 minute to solve each ticket anymore and instead wanted to do better things the tickets and emails piled up. Only the more reason to not start to work it up, its too much work. Since in fact it would have been only a couple of requests originally.

Then someone tried to find out some details about them and blackmailed them. This only was possible because this person knew so many people are angry about Yifu. That would not be able to work as a threat if Yifu would have done support or would have hired someone for that. If this threat is something different from "all will contact me privately" then i wonder what it is. I thought everything is legal with Avalon. But i will think its only the private contacts. Strange enough to fear this so much...

Then the pdf went public and people started to try contacting them personally. Quite normal when you invest much money into a company and you dont hear anything from them anymore. But somehow this frightens so much that you have to stop work? Interesting. Nobody said that they sent some thughs so i take it as someone that wanted to inform himself about the chip batch sending status. Im not sure i would stop working because of being frightened so much of a customers visit...

So in order to protect himself from his own angry customers the work has to be stopped. While the customers only are angry because no communication exists. Okayyyyy...

The next explaination about the chip delays are 20 chip batches that are in customs since 2 weeks? You know that zefir's batch 2 is due since 5 and a half week? So what does this have to do with this?

And 20 batches? Thats nothing. And not near the amount of batches that were ordered. Especially when taking into account that 70% of all chips were ordered since mid may. So the only result i can take from this is... its a bad excuse. The 20 batches cant fill the ordered demand and the chip production time was well known before. When they are in customs since 2 weeks they were 3 weeks too late anyway. So i dont know why its mentioned.

And tight timeframe? 70% was ordered until mid-may? Thats nearly 3 months! I dont see how chips cant be produced in 3 months! Especially when you know how fast this is done because of previous orders. And it looks like you calculated 4-5 weeks for production judging from the time you ordered the first batches at the foundry. So how comes this time-difference?

Sorry, i cant really feel sorry for you Yifu at the moment.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:11:13 AM

Nobody ever sold any ROI !

Huh

That makes no sense.

Just was a quote to the comment: I demand compensation for late devices! Price was determinated by 1 month ROI.

Noone ever made promises about any return of investment especially in bitcoinbusiness..
Speaking of 1 month, what should the current price of an Avalon (110nm)chip be these days to make ROI?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:12:18 AM

Nobody ever sold any ROI !

The peeps who got Avalon Batch 1, got a nice ROI i think..
Yes, we did.

And we aren't going to invest in technology that was soon to be outdated by gen 2.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:15:58 AM

That's why people are ticked off. His story does not add up/make any sense.

And then to announce next gen chips for mid October? Ouch.

pajak666

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:18:26 AM

When you earn millions of dollars you can not afford proper security?
    That is the biggest bullshit I ever heard, you just hire few professionals who will take care of your back.
    So you say someone with a lot of cash can not protect himself? LOOOOOL

Enough is enough COME ON! SUE THOSE CHINESE TURDS!
Group Buyers and Lawyers I beg you.
Don't let them release 2 gen chips, make them end up in court so their investor will take their money back.
They will fail to deliver chips because they will have to deal with authorities, it's the only reasonable way to punish them for all those "I'm alive" and "two more weeks", "stuck in customs", "been threatened" bullshit

AHH imagine if that second gen chips, Amsterdam investor would find out that there is investigation against Bitsyncom....
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:21:04 AM

The degree to which new companies these days are vetted, visited & generally doubted is quite extreme. Nobody should buy from Avalon (if ever again) without laying eyes on their lab & doing a meet & greet.

Being first to market matters for little in the IT world, just ask Netscape. I wish the same fate for Bitsyncom/Avalon
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:21:24 AM

People should keep their lawsuits etc out of this thread, and just have it serve the purpose of educating people about the pitfalls of dealing with Avalon again.

If people stop buying their products, they'll quickly learn what needs to be done to appease the community.
I think the real lesson is that many in the BTC community have a herd mentality.

They don't judge situations very well and they throw money at things in the hopes that it will turn out well. It has become evident that people who bought gen 1 chips @ ~.10 BTC~ weren't thinking about the long term profitability.

Avalon is 4 to 5 weeks delayed and suddenly everyone realizes that they won't make ROI?

--------------------

Huh You tell me, what is wrong with this picture?  Roll Eyes

Did they plan to get the chips, turn them into miners within a week or two, then turn them on for 3 extra weeks after that?

Sorry, but this is ridiculous! It sounds like even if they got it on time they still would have had only a short time to make ROI. Ridiculously short amount of time.

It sounds like poor planning.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:22:37 AM

SO WHAT ARE THESE CHIPS?

http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/#!prettyPhoto

It is a lie.

maybe boxes are empty ?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:26:59 AM

In either case, people can still make it out of the hen house like a fox. Simply rub two brain cells together and take a minor cut.

A) Resell your chips on a soon to be discount market, (lose a little, then reinvest in whatever company you choose)

B) Make the miners as most of you have paid for it already. Then resell a completed miner for a profit to the community. If you are lucky, you can turn lemons into lemonade.

C) Pool your unwanted chips together in a Group Sell and look for a sucker on Ebay/Alibaba. (the greater fool)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:30:13 AM

and what the fuck where is Steamboat, Sebastian and Zefir who enticed and solicited or whore us into their group buy, these fuckers already made a good profits, we the one in the group buy are the ones who suffers. Where are there?? can we get a REFUND from our group buy.    They are keeping very quiet   When they need us they will show up their face. Stay Clear from these guys in their future group buy. NO MORE GROUP BUY.
Crap, the crowd is turning into a total mob.

Don't turn your pitchforks against the Group Buy organizers. Or at the very least give me a toe from the dismembered.
Hmm
Why we did not take any info from group buy organizer on their thread ? After taking a commission also take responsibility. In contrast to the organizers each day we lose profits.
It seems that we have no support from Steamboat Sebastian and Zephyr who tell us to sit quietly and wait. Their stories of the calling non-stop to Yifu sound the same as an excuse from Bitsyncom.

Well, you are right.

They did organize the group buy. So it is their responsibility to take care of the problems. That is why they got a cut for many thousands of chips. Every 10 or so chips they got 1 BTC.

Now it's time for them to work through the problems, that is why they got paid.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:31:48 AM

SO WHAT ARE THESE CHIPS?

It is a lie.

maybe boxes are empty ?

No. Those boxes had 14.2 million sitting there and this was posted a month ago by former Bitsyncom design team member Gridchip that announced the split in Bitsyncom.

http://imgur.com/a/GR0e3

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
pajak666

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:37:59 AM

Yifu the fucker, can you tell us the tracking number to prove your excuse?

http://service.customs.gov.cn/default.aspx?tabid=9405
+100

Group Buyers please contact bitsyncom and demand those tracking numbers, if they are not able to provide them then start legal actions against them.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:38:43 AM

When you earn millions of dollars you can not afford proper security?
    That is the biggest bullshit I ever heard, you just hire few professionals who will take care of your back.
    So you say someone with a lot of cash can not protect himself? LOOOOOL

Enough is enough COME ON! SUE THOSE CHINESE TURDS!
Group Buyers and Lawyers I beg you.
Don't let them release 2 gen chips, make them end up in court so their investor will take their money back.
They will fail to deliver chips because they will have to deal with authorities, it's the only reasonable way to punish them for all those "I'm alive" and "two more weeks", "stuck in customs", "been threatened" bullshit

AHH imagine if that second gen chips, Amsterdam investor would find out that there is investigation against Bitsyncom....

At the moment i dont see how legal actions could help. It looks like they messed up the chip creation. And when they really dont have the chips yet then a letter from lawyer wont help, regardless if they sold our chips to another big investor before or not.

And sueing? That takes months. At the end you maybe get a refund but thats it. When all is lost and we dont get a refund we have to sue. But i dont see a chance with this at the moment.

I might be wrong of course.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:41:44 AM

You know how it is - you've been on a long plane flight - you've been drinking free booze all flight in first class - you get back in front of your computer you've not been near for weeks due to partying, whoring and boozing in Vegas, and it's like
"Hmm PMs and emails while I've been away ... oh well, guess I better say something before I pass out so I can ignore that crap for another week ..."
Wakes up the next morning ... oh crap I said "tomorrow" in the post ... oh well no one will notice anything different if I do nothing for a few days, they're used to that from me, and I am only a PR guy, not like I know anything about hardware or software and have control over anything except delaying deliveries ... ... ...

don't you got better things to do like writing code mr. software engineer than waste time with some first-class-riding booze-drinking "pr guy" like me?

anyhow, update is live on main page. http://avalon-asics.com

So I was out shopping for food ... and on the way home I started thinking about this 'customs' comment and realised there must be some tracking numbers to prove it true (or false) ... then I read the thread now again (10 more pages Tongue) and find it has been brought up.

But let me put it to you directly:

Firstly, the chips are being shipped from who to who?

Am I incorrect to say that the only customs involved is shipping the chips from Avalon to the customer?

Correct or false?
False, Customs doesn't ship, they only clear the package and charge import/export duty and taxes.

TSMC -> Avalon -> Customs -> Group Buy Host -> Individual Customers.

It is also a bad idea to share the tracking number because....as has been evident before Kano. Someone out there has been doing social engineering to steal Avalons...so a couple multiples of "ten thousand(s)" of chips would make a great DHL target.

Taking a non-descript screen cap of the claimed customs hold is enough as long as certain critical elements are blurred out so the social engineering can't take place.

Keep in mind they now have Yifu and the teams personal info, so pretending to be them is possible. Especially if there is a PDF out in the wild with all the team members personal addresses and details.

If that is correct, then simply give the shipping number to ANY customer and they can verify the truth of all this - since their shipping will show it stuck in customs this past week ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Again, bad idea!

Anyone of those customers can call DHL and do the same thing that was done to multiple DHL customers of Avalon. (the packages were re-routed after someone impersonated a known customer)

If you are shipping chips from somewhere else to China - I ask why? TMSC made them outside China? Then what was the whole point of saying TMSC was in China and you were close to them?
As someone pointed out. TSMC has fabs in different places. But it is well worth asking that question and getting a definitive answer.

But even if they are shipping to China - give us one of your shipping numbers and it will show your chips stuck in customs for the past week ... ... ... ...
Bad idea. We also do not know if the Fab would be comfortable re-routing completed chips to some place other than what the contract specifies.

I assume there has to be paperwork that needs to show they actually delivered the chips. (Hence the delivery to China)

... and lastly ... why are they stuck in customs.
Good question.

Isn't that your job - mail boy? Is there anything else you actually do for all the money you get paid by your customers? ... other than spend it in Vegas ...
Kano, don't lie, we know you can't afford food. Let alone speculating on vegas.
pajak666

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:43:20 AM

There is more than just Yifu involved and behind Bitsyncom and contacts span multiple countries, if they don't start talking to you, you have options;

INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 190 member countries including the US and China. Their role is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place. Their high-tech infrastructure of technical and operational support helps meet the growing challenges of fighting crime in the 21st century.

http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Financial-crime/Fraud

http://www.interpol.int/Contact-INTERPOL

http://www.interpol.int/Member-countries/Asia-South-Pacific/China

http://www.interpol.int/Member-countries/Americas/United-States

"Advance fee fraud is when fraudsters target victims to make advance or upfront payments for goods, services and/or financial gains that do not materialise."

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-advance-fee-fraud

What to do if you are a victim

If you have lost money

If you believe you are a victim of advance fee fraud, the coalition members strongly encourage you to file a complaint with your local police. If you are in the United States consider filing a complaint with the Federal Beaureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

http://www.affcoalition.org/victim.html

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

This final link tells you how to report Internet crime that has occurred in each country including China (scroll down page for content);

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php

We just have to make some mess to delay gen 2 chips, and to make Yifu loose his secret investor from Amsterdam. Eye for en eye
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:48:52 AM

About those pictures and the missing 14 mil of avalon chips.

Somebody did an investigation based on those shipment nubers and concluded that that shipmebt went from hong kong to mainland china ( i guess where.avalon fab is located).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: