Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 10:43:55 PM

We don't know if there are any chips at any customs. No proof for it was ever provided.

Customs story is really unimportant, since only a small amount of chips is allegedly being there, and they are held for two weeks. Large majority of chips never had customs problems and are late much more than this minority (allegedly) spent in customs. So forget about the customs, they are not the problem - Yifu is.

On top... the chips are in customs only 2 weeks. That means he is 3 weeks late already on top. So no, the customs are not the problem.

and the picture of chips is over 1 month old
http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthegenesisblock.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2Favalon1.jpg%3Fw%3D580

hmm I just wonder if lying to your customers about their order status, if proven can be treated as a crime?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 10:51:20 PM

I really can't believe my eyes seeing people jumping into "replace non-delivered gen #1 with gen #2" business.

I think its not the best idea too since even when they are delivered in 2 months and the GH is half the price of a GH of gen1 you would make an even worse trade since the difficulty will then be 150 to 200 percent higher which means you would have less than before.

That depends on spec doesn't it? I may have missed something here. Has that been confirmed?

No info as far as i read, i only took the "half price" from the other companies that seems to have their offers in that range.

Do you believe the chips are stuck in customs?

maybe I'm wrong, but if anything stuck on customs, it is usually in the country of receiver.

Maybe its customs from Taiwan to China because the chip foundry is in Taiwan?

This company has existed only since 6-13-2013?  What?!?

http://www.compinfo.info/hk/1927648/UNI-GLORY_INTERNATIONAL_LOGISTICS_CO.,_LIMITED

Im not sure what this means. I hope not that its one of the companies that constantly crash and rebuilt their own company under a new name to prevent being reached by the law. German customs often have problems with copyright infringing companies at trade shows. If they have reached something against a company this company doesnt exist anymore but instead a company with nearly the same name, the same products and the same people inside.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:03:41 PM

customs? lol
I doubt that photo was taken at the customs office
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500

Yo guys, the tracking number IS on these boxes, under the Airway Bill number;

http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076

Click "To English" and the tracking number is 87150508076

Doesn't give much information, but it shows that it left on June 25th and there are 135 Pieces.

Looks like they landed in Hong Kong and received at  UNI-GLORY INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS CO., LIMITED   whatever that is???

http://www.compinfo.info/hk/1927648/UNI-GLORY_INTERNATIONAL_LOGISTICS_CO.,_LIMITED

ya I had noticed that start up date for them,,,just in a nick of time for the chips to arrive??? hmmmm somtin smells fishy here...lol

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:07:21 PM

I really can't believe my eyes seeing people jumping into "replace non-delivered gen #1 with gen #2" business.

I think its not the best idea too since even when they are delivered in 2 months and the GH is half the price of a GH of gen1 you would make an even worse trade since the difficulty will then be 150 to 200 percent higher which means you would have less than before.

That depends on spec doesn't it? I may have missed something here. Has that been confirmed?

No info as far as i read, i only took the "half price" from the other companies that seems to have their offers in that range.

Do you believe the chips are stuck in customs?

maybe I'm wrong, but if anything stuck on customs, it is usually in the country of receiver.

Im not sure what this means. I hope not that its one of the companies that constantly crash and rebuilt their own company under a new name to prevent being reached by the law. German customs often have problems with copyright infringing companies at trade shows. If they have reached something against a company this company doesnt exist anymore but instead a company with nearly the same name, the same products and the same people inside.
unless im reading it wrong it appears they are in Hong Kong?
EDIT: I do realize Hong Kong is part of China tho Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:27:50 PM

Looks like TSMC has fab #10 in Shanghai which was established a while back.  Interesting to note the 135 boxes were also shipped direct from Shanghai (PVG) Pudong International Airport to Hong Kong (HKG), so it's a mystery where the customs holdup might be.

---
“Established in Taiwan in 1987, TSMC is the world’s first and largest dedicated foundry,” said Dr. FC Tseng, deputy chief executive officer of TSMC and chairman of TSMC (Shanghai). “We see China as a market with great potential for both our customers and TSMC. To that end, we set up TSMC (Shanghai) two years ago and initiated construction of a world-class facility in Songjiang, Shanghai. Our first eight-inch wafer fab began volume production this quarter and the fab welcomes new business,” added Dr. Tseng.
---
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:29:20 AM

I think the group buy leaders need to come together in a single thread and gather a list of questions for avalon to answer.

Am really not impressed with Avalon dumping the news and not sticking around to answer a few questions..

Like were are those HK chips??

Lets face it this ain't a few $$$'s were talking about...

Lets see some shipping and tracking info... Shocked

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:30:29 AM

I think the group buy leaders need to come together in a single thread and gather a list of questions for avalon to answer.

Am really not impressed with Avalon dumping the news and not sticking around to answer a few questions..

Like were are those HK chips??

Lets face it this ain't a few $$$'s were talking about...

Lets see some shipping and tracking info... Shocked

+100%
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:16:17 AM

Yifu's words, from his reddit AMA, 10 months ago. Perhaps some of this is relevant?

What do you think of your competitor, Butterfly Labs?
I view them as a major competitor, all FUD and other uncertainties aside here's what I think

• It is completely possible for them to produce the specs they are advertising from a technical standpoint.
  • I view their shipping delay as a major underestimation as they simply took too many orders and is currently overwhelmed. This hurt their PR very much as when it comes to ASICS, timing is everything.[Emphasis author's.]
  • Where we only release 300 with a very confident promise on delivery date.
  • They have responded to our 60gh/s by bumping their specs. I believe competition is good for the customers, but now let's see if they can keep up. Avalon have more things we've yet to release.

I believe in continuing the trust I've build up with my old customers....

Unanswered question from that thread:

What experience do you have in the past in developing ASICs from the technical side (e.g. design of the chip itself)? What experience do you have in the past in developing ASICs from the business side (e.g. knowing what manufacturer to use, etc)?

How are you now head of operations? I thought nzhang was in charge and he had some professor who was uber smart helping him along with a Chinese team.
What you said is correct.

he is in charge of all the technical development, I suppose I shouldn't have used such misleading title as we don't have really have a corporate structure in this project. but if you want to look at it, he is CTO and I'm more of a CFO/COO person.
lemonte

Activity: 624

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:25:42 AM

Anyone tried contacting him through one of these channels:

Contact 2: Yifu Guo
Email: yifu.guo@bitsyn.com
Phone: 347.370.9069

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:26:34 AM

TL;DR, what was announced?
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:40:59 AM

Comms breakdown due to extortion threats.

Chips in customs.

2 more weeks >_>

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:45:02 AM

Chips in customs.

2 more weeks >_>

And he also announced he is not dead. yet   Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 08:01:32 AM

Chips in customs.

2 more weeks >_>

And he also announced he is not dead. yet   Grin
When millions of bucks are on the line, you takes your chances. I would be hiding if I were Yufi, then again I wouldn't take pre-order (crowd funding) money either, lets face it all sorts of criminals might want a piece of the ASIC pie.
mybtc2020

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:03:19 AM

From their website:

It all begin a few weeks ago when we received an email attached with a PDF containing the person information of some Avalon team members in China. Extortion, a familiar tactic when it comes to the Bitcoin scene and business in China. Threatened to release this information public if we do not pay up; we choose to ignore the demands because the information is quite outdated and some even are inaccurate, making this a low threat.

Everything changed when people started to knock on some team members parent's house looking for them using the information found on the PDF or other sources. This called for a immediate reevaluation of operational security of the Avalon project. This is the main source of delays and lack of communication in the past few weeks. This matter is still on going, but a majority of the Avalon operation has once again been resumed.

Just as this matter is reaching its closure. WSJ prints an mashed article consists of rumors, opinions and pieces of various stories. Avalon whilst under NDA(s) are unable to comment on all aspect of the story. We will however state the following: We were indeed in Amsterdam on Tuesday and had a meeting with TSMC and we will leave it at that for now.
We would also like to take this chance to properly restate that Avalon will from this day going forward will no longer be participating in any form of pre-order, pre-sale type of business operations.

lol if you gonna quote, at least quote the important part that matters, hint: there's another page.

when you refund my btc????when!
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:09:12 PM

Chips in customs.

2 more weeks >_>

And he also announced he is not dead. yet   Grin
When millions of bucks are on the line, you takes your chances. I would be hiding if I were Yufi, then again I wouldn't take pre-order (crowd funding) money either, lets face it all sorts of criminals might want a piece of the ASIC pie.

What, scams in Bitcoin, a made-up currency where people selling dreams can make bank?  NAH! Cheesy
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 12:24:20 PM

Looks like TSMC has fab #10 in Shanghai which was established a while back.  Interesting to note the 135 boxes were also shipped direct from Shanghai (PVG) Pudong International Airport to Hong Kong (HKG), so it's a mystery where the customs holdup might be.

---
“Established in Taiwan in 1987, TSMC is the world’s first and largest dedicated foundry,” said Dr. FC Tseng, deputy chief executive officer of TSMC and chairman of TSMC (Shanghai). “We see China as a market with great potential for both our customers and TSMC. To that end, we set up TSMC (Shanghai) two years ago and initiated construction of a world-class facility in Songjiang, Shanghai. Our first eight-inch wafer fab began volume production this quarter and the fab welcomes new business,” added Dr. Tseng.
---

Interesting info. But maybe the shanghai TMSC isnt producing such old chips? I mean its a new foundry...

Anyone tried contacting him through one of these channels:

Contact 2: Yifu Guo
Email: yifu.guo@bitsyn.com
Phone: 347.370.9069

Yes, he wont allow your skype account, calling wont be taken and so on...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:14:53 PM

One very, very p*ssed off journalist will happily help you guys out after being made a mug of last week. Robin Sidel was the journalist duped by Avalon and the ex-Lehman bankster;

--

The Wall Street Journal
TECHNOLOGY
Updated August 11, 2013, 10:11 p.m. ET

Regulator Examines Bitcoin Practices
New York Issues Subpoenas to Firms Tied to Bitcoin.
By ROBIN SIDEL

New York's top banking regulator has issued subpoenas to roughly two dozen companies associated with bitcoin as part of a wide-ranging inquiry into the business practices of the fledgling virtual-currency industry, according to people familiar with the matter.

The subpoenas, from the New York Department of Financial Services, seek information on a range of topics, including antimoney-laundering programs, consumer-protection measures and investment strategies, according to the people..

Subpoenas were sent to firms backed by high-profile Bitcoin investors such as Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss.

The department, led by Benjamin Lawsky, also plans on Monday to issue a memo expressing concern that virtual-currency companies aren't complying with the state's money-transmission laws. As a result, the state is considering setting new guidelines that are specifically aimed at virtual currencies.

"We believe that—for a number of reasons—putting in place appropriate regulatory safeguards for virtual currencies will be beneficial to the long-term strength of the virtual-currency industry," wrote Mr. Lawsky in a draft of the memo reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Companies that received subpoenas include some of the best-known names in the nascent industry, including Coinbase Inc., BitInstant and Coinsetter.

Executives from Coinbase and BitInstant couldn't be reached for comment on Sunday. Jaron Lukasiewicz, chief executive of Coinsetter, said in an email that the information request is "an opportunity for companies in our space to open up a much needed dialogue with regulators."

He added, "They'll quickly find that most companies are working to legitimize Bitcoin and want to build bridges that help regulators understand and support these financial innovations."

The state agency also sent subpoenas to companies backed by high-profile Bitcoin investors, including venture capitalist Marc Andreessen, and twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, who are best known for battling Mark Zuckerberg over ownership of Facebook Inc. FB -0.10% Mr. Andreessen and the Winklevoss brothers couldn't be reached for comment on Sunday.

Bitcoin, the best-known of a crop of virtual currencies, are created in a computer process called "mining." They also can be traded on a number of exchanges or swapped privately among users. Most bitcoin are traded on a Tokyo-based exchange called Mt. Gox, where one bitcoin was valued Friday at roughly $102.

A subpoena is a legal demand for information and doesn't signal wrongdoing by the recipient. The New York banking department sent the subpoenas late last week, according to the people familiar with the matter.

The subpoenas come amid heightened scrutiny from state and federal regulators into the world of virtual currencies. Because virtual currencies aren't backed by a central government like traditional ones are, regulators are worried they can be used for illegal activity or can violate laws involving money transmission.

Federal regulators earlier this year issued guidelines placing virtual-currency exchanges under the same comprehensive antimoney-laundering requirements as traditional money-transmission businesses such as Western Union Co.

Although a growing number of bitcoin exchanges have registered their businesses with the U.S. Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, they have moved more slowly at the state level. In part, that is because the process of getting a license in each of the 48 states that require them is complicated and lengthy. In addition, states also typically require companies to put up a bond that could run as much as several million dollars.

New York has been one of a handful of states aggressively examining the industry. Mr. Lawsky has assembled a team to assess the issue and already sent a warning letter to BitInstant, a New York company that allows customers to buy and sell bitcoins.

"If virtual currencies remain a virtual Wild West for narcotraffickers and other criminals, that would not only threaten our country's national security, but also the very existence of the virtual currency industry as a legitimate business enterprise," according to the memo.

The round of subpoenas also are aimed at gleaning information about how the companies are dealing with individual investors who may be attracted to the novelty of virtual currencies, but may not be sophisticated enough to understand the risk associated with them.

Write to  Robin Sidel at robin.sidel@wsj.com

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:31:19 PM

So YiFu is going to start us down the road of having to resort to government agencies to regulate bitcoin. Instead of being a man, honoring his promises and protecting his customers; he will hide behind the irreversibility and anonymity of bitcoin. Legal action will be required and bitcoin WILL BE regulated in some manner.
Congrats YiFu!! You have forced those who use bitcoin legitimately to show the world that those entrusted with large amounts of bitcoin cannot be trusted to use it legitimately. Great job, this will endear everyone to use bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
lemonte

Activity: 624

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:32:53 PM

Might be a good idea to contact http://www.teribuhl.com as well.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:33:49 PM

So YiFu is going to start us down the road of having to resort to government agencies to regulate bitcoin. Instead of being a man, honoring his promises and protecting his customers; he will hide behind the irreversibility and anonymity of bitcoin. Legal action will be required and bitcoin WILL BE regulated in some manner.
Congrats YiFu!! You have forced those who use bitcoin legitimately to show the world that those entrusted with large amounts of bitcoin cannot be trusted to use it legitimately. Great job, this will endear everyone to use bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

I don't think Yifu is the one starting legal action or calling the WSJ.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: