Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 04:51:27 AM

not entirely buying into the 'customs holdup' excuse.

China is #1 world exporter.  China customs cares about oppressing importers, not exporters.

wal-mart alone moves mountains of crap out of PRC everyday.

unless political/bribe motivation, they don't even notice Avalon.

if they do, get a lawyer.  Tell them we'll mass spam pics of the Tank Man and Falun Gong recruitment literature to restive regions and universities if they mess with us.   "You want a Chinese Spring/Jade Revolution mutherfucker?"

still no news about the trade-in FPGAs Avalon asked us to send for long-ago promised upgrades.

bloody scammers!   Angry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:51:54 AM

Did anyone miss the fact that he pretty much was saying the WSJ story was true? or am I reading that wrong (shrug)

He's just trying to have folks think there's a deal when there's probably nothing in place.  

He says there's an NDA in place.  Then makes a reference to Amsterdam and then TSMC...  tells you to fill in the blanks.   What's funny is that Ms. Sun of TMSC told one user is they don't know about BitSynCom at all and perhaps they may have been dealing with an alliance company of theirs.

Who is Ms. Sun of TSMC, and why is she an expert on every single account TSMC has?

China is #1 world exporter.  China customs cares about oppressing importers, not exporters.

if they do, get a lawyer.  Tell them we'll mass spam pics of the Tank Man and Falun Gong recruitment literature to restive regions and universities if they mess with us.   "You want a Chinese Spring/Jade Revolution mutherfucker?"

still no news about the trade-in FPGAs Avalon asked us to send for long-ago promised upgrades.

bloody scammers!   Angry

China (PRC) hates Taiwan, and it IS an import (TSMC -> Avalon).

nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:53:33 AM

Weasely little mother fucker coming out with some sob story. No concessions, only excuses. I'm normally not a fan of class action law suits but if it means that we collectively get to break it off in his ass, start hiring lawyers. And he has the damn balls to talk about the next three generations of his POS chips? Anyone who sends him a single satoshi, product in hand or not, is a sucker.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:54:23 AM

Avalon should have shipped from Tiawan, that's their mistake.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 04:54:29 AM

He's just trying to have folks think there's a deal when there's probably nothing in place.  

He says there's an NDA in place.  Then makes a reference to Amsterdam and then TSMC...  tells you to fill in the blanks.   What's funny is that Ms. Sun of TMSC told one user is they don't know about BitSynCom at all and perhaps they may have been dealing with an alliance company of theirs.

NDA thing doesn't make much sense, When you sign an NDA with a fab it's supposed to keep the fab quiet, not you quiet. They might make you sign an NDA over things like wafer defect rates or something.

NDA could be with some investors, though.  According to Yifu there is some kind of deal going through, related to what was said in the WSJ.

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:54:33 AM

anyone know how long these chips will be stuck in customs?  Any way we can expedite customs approving the shipment and sending it out?
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 04:56:08 AM

Yes, importers.

Where do you think Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacture Company makes their chips?

Stack

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:56:43 AM

anyone know how long these chips will be stuck in customs?  Any way we can expedite customs approving the shipment and sending it out?

they aren't stuck in customs... they'd have tracking to prove it if they were

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:57:03 AM

You know how it is - you've been on a long plane flight - you've been drinking free booze all flight in first class - you get back in front of your computer you've not been near for weeks due to partying, whoring and boozing in Vegas, and it's like
"Hmm PMs and emails while I've been away ... oh well, guess I better say something before I pass out so I can ignore that crap for another week ..."
Wakes up the next morning ... oh crap I said "tomorrow" in the post ... oh well no one will notice anything different if I do nothing for a few days, they're used to that from me, and I am only a PR guy, not like I know anything about hardware or software and have control over anything except delaying deliveries ... ... ...

don't you got better things to do like writing code mr. software engineer than waste time with some first-class-riding booze-drinking "pr guy" like me?

anyhow, update is live on main page. http://avalon-asics.com

About the only difference between BFL & you? They would have lied to us about 4 times with "2 more weeks™"  Roll Eyes

In my eyes,Kano is alot more upstanding  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:57:24 AM

Did anyone miss the fact that he pretty much was saying the WSJ story was true? or am I reading that wrong (shrug)

Who is Ms. Sun of TSMC, and why is she an expert on every single account TSMC has?

bloody scammers!   Angry

China (PRC) hates Taiwan, and it IS an import (TSMC -> Avalon).

What about Avalon shipping 135 boxes shipped to the reseller in HK?
2.1 million chips - $14.7million dollars

Check near the bottom of the article for the tracking info:
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:59:50 AM

Well if no one is getting their chips soon,,the Network Hash rate should level off soon..... and for what its worth,,he did say, they have found another shipping route and will begin shipping:

We do have more chips coming in via different route next week which will ease this a little bit. (you can take this as chips will resume shipping by end of next week for now.)

So that said, by the 15th-16th chips should be flowing again...I wonder if thats including all of the presumed chips held in customs too, and the new route chips?...oh well so long as someone somewhere starts seeing chips then i guess we just really have to sit and wait. (longer) I suppose someone could snag some chips through Alibaba....lol If desperate and have more $$ to tie up.. Also more chips bought by non devs could start showing up as well,

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
dylan186

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:00:43 AM

Trade-in orders not in my account?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:01:30 AM

don't you got better things to do like writing code mr. software engineer than waste time with some first-class-riding booze-drinking "pr guy" like me?
anyhow, update is live on main page. http://avalon-asics.com

You have to admit, with your cavalier attitude, you had it coming.

How about shipping out the millions of dollars of chips many have pre-ordered with you, and start winning back some trust from the community.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:02:44 AM

No matter how attractive the new Avalon chips are, I will never ever buy things from Avalon.
bystander

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:03:17 AM

Yes, importers.

TSMC has Fab #10 located in Shanghai:
TSMC Limited, Fab 10
4000, Wen Xiang Rd., Songjiang,
Shanghai, China

TSMC ships millions of chips per year, is it amazing how only Avalon's 200k small order of chips end up being targetted?
He knew about this weeks ago and not one word to Zefir, Steamboat, or Sebastian.  Sebastian called him TWICE an hour at everyday for quite a while, he gets no answer or gets clicked off.    

I bought into Yifu's tall tales before, but enough already.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:04:50 AM

Yifu the fucker, can you tell us the tracking number to prove your excuse?

http://service.customs.gov.cn/default.aspx?tabid=9405

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:05:47 AM

Yes, importers.

TSMC Limited, Fab 10
Shanghai, China

TSMC ships millions of chips per year, is it amazing how only Avalon's 200k small order of chips end up being targetted?
He knew about this weeks ago and not one word to Zefir, Steamboat, or Sebastian.  Sebastian called him TWICE an hour at everyday for quite a while, he gets no answer or gets clicked off.    

Perhaps they didn't bribe the right customs people?

bystander

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:07:33 AM

NDA thing doesn't make much sense, When you sign an NDA with a fab it's supposed to keep the fab quiet, not you quiet. They might make you sign an NDA over things like wafer defect rates or something.

NDA could be with some investors
, though.  According to Yifu there is some kind of deal going through, related to what was said in the WSJ.

That would make sense, it would have to be significant enough for BitSynCom to move into a different phase.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:08:01 AM

Yifu;

you are one of the biggest pieces of shit I have ever had to do business with.   I hope you rot in jail someday.    you have no face and it is laughable how you pretend to be a player.

bystander

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:10:03 AM

Yes, importers.

TSMC Limited, Fab 10
Shanghai, China

Perhaps they didn't bribe the right customs people?

Or tried to bribe them with bitcoins which got a subdued reaction when they pulled the QR coded paper wallet from the red envelope(s).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: