Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:16:10 PM

For example, (assuming) if you know Avalon is going to discount the chips in the near future, then perhaps it is a good idea to be compensated with extra chips in the batches already ordered. (within reason)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:16:23 PM

Interesting, that threats have them trembling too much to handle simple logistics and communication tasks. Yet they can tackle the intellectual hurdles of designing a new chip.
I think any logical person would resolve all the shipping and communication to customers and shady dealers alike as hastily as possible to get out of the fire, THEN disappear and never design another bitcoin chip again. If they were truly scared for their lives... they'd wash their hands of it all - not plan the next chip

lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:43:44 PM

Last Active:   Today at 07:31:09 AM

You think he would have come in and addressed some of people's issues!

Someone needs to keep ringing him until he picks up, surely someone has a number for him?

Things need addressing and I understand that the huge amount of comments can be a bit over whelming, an idea would be to set up a Skype call/ Google hangout between him and the group buyers.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:06:06 PM

It's not like I have ever hidden that.

Agreed you have been open, reading a lot of the BFL threads and seeing your posts is how I came to those conclusions.  I was not intending to imply you were hiding things just pointing it out for anyone who may not have be totally familiar with the background.

oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:26:31 PM

People will buy your preorder slots at more than what you paid at the moment. If you are dissatisfied, sell your chip orders.

Dear dddbtc,

I have Avalon chips on order.  I will sell them to you at cost.  Do you accept?

waiting
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:31:49 PM

Agreed you have been open, reading a lot of the BFL threads and seeing your posts is how I came to those conclusions.  I was not intending to imply you were hiding things just pointing it out for anyone who may not have be totally familiar with the background.

In either case, unlike an actual shill I am not trying to stop you from pursuing legal action against Avalon. You can go ahead and do so, but I am taking the time to point out from the onset that the issues will reverberate in a ways people from a Group Buy aren't going to intend.

In order for that not to be true, everyone has to be on the same page about who to go after. Somehow, knowing the BitCoinTalk community....I suspect that will never be the case.

---------------------------

I wouldn't be the least surprised if after there is legal pursuit after Yifu and company, that part of the Group Buyers will also go after the Group Buy Hosts.

Which obviously is not something you can really control. I mean Bicknellski is already (seemingly) subtle in his remarks that he expects some kind of financial support to even start to go after Yifu.

If so, is he also going to use those very same funds to defend himself from others who decide to go after him legally?

Sounds like a surefire way to clusterfuck the situation. Keep in mind, I actually like and respect Bicknellski! I am just not sure if this is the most rational course of action at this time; especially if he hopes to get 100% agreement as to whom to sue.
powpow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Developer

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:11:05 PM

I wouldn't be the least surprised if after there is legal pursuit after Yifu and company, that part of the Group Buyers will also go after the Group Buy Hosts.

Which obviously is not something you can really control. I mean Bicknellski is already (seemingly) subtle in his remarks that he expects some kind of financial support to even start to go after Yifu.

If so, is he also going to use those very same funds to defend himself from others who decide to go after him legally?

Sounds like a surefire way to clusterfuck the situation. Keep in mind, I actually like and respect Bicknellski! I am just not sure if this is the most rational course of action at this time; especially if he hopes to get 100% agreement as to whom to sue.

I agree with you at this point there will be legal recourse.  Yifu didn't make a contract with the members of the group buys, just the group buy heads.  A lot of radio silence from the group buy heads suggest to me that they are weighing their options.  If they were to speak it could weaken their case.

The "no bullshit" terms of sale have been broken by Avalon.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

In either case, unlike an actual shill I am not trying to stop you from pursuing legal action against Avalon. You can go ahead and do so, but I am taking the time to point out from the onset that the issues will reverberate in a ways people from a Group Buy aren't going to intend.

In order for that not to be true, everyone has to be on the same page about who to go after. Somehow, knowing the BitCoinTalk community....I suspect that will never be the case.

---------------------------

True, my standpoint, is that without the sabre rattling Yifu's has no motivation to apparently behave responsibly and keep his customers, both large and small (small being indirectly related to him out of his own choice, but none the less dependant on him) informed and abreast as to what has happened, what is happening, and what will happened, crucially by what date. He then needs to see this through and understand he can and will be held accountable for any lack of integrity and/or fraudulent business practice.

In reality though it should never come to the point by which his customers have to rely on bullshit media exposure by underhand public relations, and vocalised discontent by pissed former employees splashing photographs that contradict his statements, to gauge any idea of whats going on, and threats of legal action to get answers.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:38:50 PM

These group buy chip participants are going to get their asses handed to them.   By the time Yifu delivers and the boards get populated, tested etc. the value of what they will receive will be nominal at best.   It will take time to get finished product into each participants' hands even after the chips arrive.   IF (and that is a big IF) with this chronic liar, Yifu decides to dilute his own mining market share and ships all the chips next week, you are probably looking at mid Sept before people get something at their home to hash with.   And, they will be up against the wave of all the other people getting them also.   And, possible asicminer.  The russians already showed they can ship and their product is solid.  Then you throw in the uncertainty of all the bragging from KnC and Hashfast etc. and you have the formation of something that looks like a cluster brought to you by Yifu.   I am sure he will ship the chips before all these others dilute his batch II mining farm (or maybe that is the machines the "mafia" stole -- either way we all see them running) since it becomes more in his favor to do it.   If one of you shakes this turd's hand at the next bitcoin conference, then you are getting what you deserve.

whitefeather

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:24:02 PM

fuck you fat ass, shipping the orders on time or say something about compensation for the loss.

+1

Thank you for making my morning.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 04:26:25 PM

Someone needs to keep ringing him until he picks up, surely someone has a number for him?

I tried this for days, 2-4 times each hour. 80% of the time it let it ring out for 30 seconds, the rest he clicks you away. He wont answer for sure. And his voice recorder is useless too. The only way to get something to his attention is writing a ticket with a header he is interested in. But dont await an answer!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:34:49 PM

These group buy chip participants are going to get their asses handed to them.   By the time Yifu delivers and the boards get populated, tested etc. the value of what they will receive will be nominal at best.   It will take time to get finished product into each participants' hands even after the chips arrive.   IF (and that is a big IF) with this chronic liar, Yifu decides to dilute his own mining market share and ships all the chips next week, you are probably looking at mid Sept before people get something at their home to hash with.   And, they will be up against the wave of all the other people getting them also.   And, possible asicminer.  The russians already showed they can ship and their product is solid.  Then you throw in the uncertainty of all the bragging from KnC and Hashfast etc. and you have the formation of something that looks like a cluster brought to you by Yifu.   I am sure he will ship the chips before all these others dilute his batch II mining farm (or maybe that is the machines the "mafia" stole -- either way we all see them running) since it becomes more in his favor to do it.   If one of you shakes this turd's hand at the next bitcoin conference, then you are getting what you deserve.
I wish eveyone would quit freaking out over the difficulty level....a small rise in BTC value say to 110 or 120 will more than make up the difference in daily earned BTC. Lets face it,,there is going to be a butt load of asics shipping in the last qtr. of this year...most stand to never see the ROI unless BTC value shoots up...thats what really we are all counting on,,otherwise we all might as well just start ordering our next 100g/hash's from someone and it will never end... Undecided

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:38:44 PM

BTC value doesn't matter! If someone speculates for higher BTC/USD rates it's better to buy coins instead.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

BTC value doesn't matter! If someone speculates for higher BTC/USD rates it's better to buy coins instead.
Even better to do both Smiley Mine and buy Smiley

powpow

Activity: 84

Developer

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:48:17 PM

I wish eveyone would quit freaking out over the difficulty level....a small rise in BTC value say to 110 or 120 will more than make up the difference in daily earned BTC. Lets face it,,there is going to be a butt load of asics shipping in the last qtr. of this year...most stand to never see the ROI unless BTC value shoots up...thats what really we are all counting on,,otherwise we all might as well just start ordering our next 100g/hash's from someone and it will never end... Undecided

Oh, so you're saying spend 780 BTC on chips doesn't matter, because the 300 BTC I could mine would be worth more than my original 780 BTC.  You retarded?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:56:56 PM

I wish eveyone would quit freaking out over the difficulty level....a small rise in BTC value say to 110 or 120 will more than make up the difference in daily earned BTC.
Why is is UTTERLY STUPID economic argument always end up being posted? BTC value does not matter because you could have bought BTC and sat on it instead. So if you don't achieve ROI in BTC terms, you lost, no matter the price.
lol, I guess i have to re explain my point ,,, obviously I threw an air ball...

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 05:02:58 PM

If I had bought bitcoins and sat on them I would have missed out on the best time to mine I0Coins, GRouPcoins and any other merged mined coins that for whatever reason a lot of miners had been overlooking. Already now it is too late to mine GRouPcoins easily and I0Coins also are rapidly going up in difficulty. Soon it might be too late also for CoiLedCoins and GeistGeld which right now thanks to block eruptors I can still pick up quick before the bulk of miners jump on those too.

These delays are making block eruptors maybe a little less of a dubious "investment" than they would have been had these chips arrived five weeks ago.

Screwing us all out of even our late-arriving klondike boards could leave us still having to plug the gap with eruptors, we already know almost no ASIC maker gets their ASICs out in time, yet people now want to scrap all the investment we have made into getting something at least slightly more economical than the eruptors because they think all the other pie in the sky makers will start delivering pies on time?

Also lets not forget that the best way to buy bitcoins is via your local electricity supplier, buying from your own little bitcoin shop known as a mining rig. You don't seriously expect anyone to deal with e.g. MtGox, do you?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:03:08 PM

I wish eveyone would quit freaking out over the difficulty level....a small rise in BTC value say to 110 or 120 will more than make up the difference in daily earned BTC.
Why is is UTTERLY STUPID economic argument always end up being posted? BTC value does not matter because you could have bought BTC and sat on it instead. So if you don't achieve ROI in BTC terms, you lost, no matter the price.
lol, I guess i have to re explain my point ,,, obviously I threw an air ball...

No, no there is no need to explain Pankkake is 100% right and you are 100% wrong, but you did throw and air ball, that part is correct.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:05:42 PM

No, you were wrong, no need to explain again. And for your even stupider responses, you get ignored, congratulations!

Actually, you're even wronger: BTC value going up will attract new miners, especially if it means it can cover electricity bills that are paid in fiat. Thus higher difficulty.
Iits attracting new miners every day!! Im not going to try to explain in this thread economics (which i was about to)... point less, but it seems you all have your panties in a wad over yifu, for an intellegent discussion,,ttyl  have a nice day

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:58:51 PM

No evidence exists that these are Avalon group buyers.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: