Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:01:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lina.Review | Community-Driven Review Platform | TGE Event 15th Jan  (Read 23620 times)
FAITHriot

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

I'm a newbie and what I understand about LINA is that this is a platform to solve issues regarding biased and manipulated reviews for different products&services by companies or people involved thereby misleading the clients/end users from the truth which is unjust.Good to know LINA will be of great help in this matter.

Lina is a vreview platform. I have not read they solve issues like review manipulations. I think you’ve read a different white paper  Grin. Advertisers/products pay to get good reviews here.

I have found these statements on the first and second page of the LiNA Whitepaper which implies what Citriney wants to convey to us about manipulated reviews by huge companies or corporations. They perform the review manipulation through review system provider managers who can change the result from the system. Unlike in LiNA, we cannot fake or change the reviews given by the users and Helpers once published whether it is a good or bad review.

Although reviews and reviewers play a very important role in stimulating demand for products and services and building image for service providers, in practice the review results are often manipulated by Corporations, large companies through marketing techniques, or even a direct cooperation with the review system providers, making it difficult for users to trust the results of product reviews.

This has even created an industry known as “reputation management” with the primary functions of helping companies “concealing” bad reviews [1]. However, from the users’ perspective, this is not a good thing because it hinders them in accessing transparent and trustful reviews.
TrainDING

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:33:45 PM

What if competitors register under a variety of names and post negative reviews about a certain business? Does LINA will check every single review that comes to their platform if the review is credible? If anyone can have access to put a review to a certain business, then that could be no difference with other review sites we have right now.

Since the reviews are in blockchain platform, users can see these. If there may be negative reviews done intentionally, there will always be an opposing reviews from.other users who will disprove the negative reviews.Maybe the merchant who gets the unusual negative reviews may report it to the LINA Helper Board to check on the matter.

First of all, I wanna thank you for raising this issue. It really exists in the real world. Fake reviews are everywhere. If I were a Lina.review team staff or one of the Helper Board, this issue will be one of my top priority. I think they already have countermeasures for this. Transparency, immutability and by the help and assistance of a network of Helpers, this issue will be resolved.
PostNPlay

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:49:07 PM

Its been quite while since i was forced to read a whitepaper,and it seems this project might have a chance.
Unlike those other projects,this seems to be very ideal and worthy to try,because there are no existing project like this it would be in its advantage.
I dont think they are the first review platform in existence. But maybe they are the first one who is blockchain based. I believe there are already existing review company out there since reviews now are very popular everywhere.
I think lina.Review will success because like what you said they use a blockchain which is a big help to the users to use them as a review to what they want.

We are all looking forward to LiNA review to succeed. We are all the beneficiaries of this amazing project. KUDOS to the Lina.review team and to the investors who have invested in this great project. We hope that everything went well especially in the development stage of the LiNA review.
GhostBooster

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:26:33 PM

I’ve read somewhere, outside this project and not related to Lina that positive reviews can be bought and negative ones can also be paid to be removed and still another says that you can also pay someone to make or post  a negative review on your competitors, how is it then with Lina? Can a certain advertiser pay or give an under the table payment (bribe) to someof the helpers to give them a favorable review?

It came across my mind,too, about the bribery to the helpers.How can Lina prevent helpers from getting involve with such acts and stay committed to giving quality and reliable reviews?

There will be many HELPERS in the team to do the review, i think they will be catch easily if they will give a review far different from the majority,
This will be a huge project and LINA.REVIEW will definitely get numbers of reviewer, therefore one to some numbers of people that will make paid reviews will be reveal easily.
What am i afraid is IF lina.review will be the one to be paid, and they will just tell their helpers what to say.

We are talking about a huge money if you are telling that the company will attempt to bribe LiNA. First, this would be the biggest mistake the company owners will do. A review company was founded due to their good reputation and I think that thing is something money can't buy. When LiNA revealed the attempt, that will be a great failure to the company. Second, LiNA is a network of Helpers. It means that Helpers are not in a single area or a single place. It is difficult to make an attempt to do such thing because not everyone can be bought. If this will leak, LiNA will be forever gone.
DASHers

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:09:21 PM

Merchants are the parties providing the products or services

Does this mean like for movies, free movie premiere tickets? or free hotel stay? or free gourmet experience? Who wouldn't want to be a helper?

Merchants are simply called in layman's term as Sellers. They sell products or services.

Do I need to clarify if you are referring to freebies? Being a helper is not about freebies or anything. The Helper does the quality review for a product or services, vote for a review and do a monthly report about quality reviews.

This is what a helper receives::

The Helper will be entitled to receive a substantial portion of the advertising revenue or registration fee (up to 50%) depending on their fields.
bravetalkcoin

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:29:15 PM

It should some some positive and negative trust like what we have in bitcointalk.org so that people might know that those helpers are legit and not selling their reviews,so that the system wont be that easy to crack,because these greedy people will always find there way to make money.

You may have a point on this one mate, but I think those people that who are greed will no longer be disappear in any form of business, especially in this type of business isn't right? So the better way for us to avoid this things is we must be careful in everything we choose to be involve in any project like this one.

I think this is possible, we really are waiting to see what Lina.review platform will look like and how will it function. I hope I can participate in the testing of Lina.review.

As what you have stated those are the factors why lina project was being developed, the negative and positive feedbacks are already given and the greedy people is also present but in lina review we can filter and confirm the reviews of people who are legit reviewee from fake reviewees.

After the end of the ICO we can try the progress of this project, lina will surely hire and carefully looking for the best reviewers so that their project will be successful and looking for those people who need it.

Who can be considered as best reviewer? Who can be considered as expert? If they outsource them or hire those with experience in the review industry, they might incur it as excessive expense.

I think you are referring to the Helpers (Experts). Everything about the process on hiring/accepting a Helper is on the Whitepaper.

2 Options to become a Helper

1. Sign up with Lina.review by attaching CV, proof of domain knowledge, personal value, etc.
2. Publish lots of quality reviews, which are widely accepted (like/agree).

Even on how to compensate the said individual.

The Helper will be entitled to receive a substantial portion of the advertising revenue or registration fee (up to 50%) depending on their fields.
AnnDerSon

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:41:23 PM

The success of the lina project are depending on the authenticness and the reliability of each and every review to the products and service that are offered to the companies. I am sure that the lina project will be successful in the near future because people depend on the reviews before buying.

I am also looking forward to this project. There's a lot of projects that use the blockchain technology but what interests me more on this project is that It will promote Honestly and Integrity among people. There is also an effect on ordinary persons who are depending on to the online reviews offered by the internet.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:41:55 PM

How can we be sure that all of the reviews that will be on Lina's platform are legit? Cause I've seen some documentaries on the internet about some review on the other kind of platforms like in the restaurant they just fake their review just to be no. 1 restaurant on the United Kingdom and the restaurant is nonexistent. Watch this video on how they trick the review online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPARIKHbN8
Any idea on how to counter this kind of trick or how this project can detect fake reviews?

I can say that the reviews taht is being given by the lina project is legit because this project was created to make sure that the reviews of the people are really true through the use of blockchain which ha unique codes that can be easily traced by the lina company, if there will be an occurence of review fraud.

The LiNA review ensures the reliability and transparency of the reviews given by the Helpers. There will be a team that will evaluate the quality reviews on the said platform. We can counter check the different project because aside from the common users who give their reviews, there are Helpers who can counter check if the restaurant really exists and the people who made the reviews are real.

The Line.review was a very reliable platform in terms of transparency actually. Of course there lina has a team which is to evaluate all the reviews item or products before the approval. Meaning, Lina was a reliable platform in terms of reviewing the items or products. That's why is called Lina is the next generation in review industry.
Next generation is meant to be perfect! And I have a very high expectation with Lina because it is a must that they know what are the deficiency of old reviews. Lina.review is expected to be the new generation of review. They must prove it to us!
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:54:13 PM

Until now, I don't have any idea of the existence of developers in this project. There are no updates in the token sale since from the start of the campaign.
Yet, I want to support and participate in the token sale. I want also to have an assurance that the developers are seriously in this matter. It is good that developers are here or in any form of hypermedia, their presence are needed by the investors.

If you have doubts as to the legitimacy of their ICO you can visit this site I just found it now in search for an update about their ICO.

https://lina.network/
I don't have doubts about lina project. I just want to have an assurance that the team of lina will marketing the project smoothly and working, full of their time and effort for the succession of their ICO.

BooTheGreat

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:56:10 PM

I have noticed that the illustrations on the Whitepaper don't clearly show where is the location of the Helper on the flowchart.

These are the two (2) figures.

Figure 4: Lina Platform Overview (page 14)
Figure 5: Bid and Reward Sharing Flow (page17)

May I suggest to the Lina.review team to please indicate where does the Helper belong?

I believe that the Helper is on the LiNA Core Blockchain Technology.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:07:33 PM

It should be well polished before it will be released to the public,because there will always be people who will take advantages using the system's holes.
Lets hear something about the moderator or the developers,so we would have more information about this project.

But overall i think thils will benefit most of the advertisers, because it will be much easier for them to connect to those targeted consumers.

The Lina project will make sure that before the launching of their businesses they will make sure that there will be no major problems when it comes to the reviews of the consumers to the products or services.

I hope there will be no major problem after their ICO projects, instead there is more improvement to be happen for their plan.
But for the past few weeks there is no update about this project of Lina.review

Let us see if the lina team will make their way to promote the lina project. If it is, then the community will benefit by the development and success of this project.
It will not have a big problem! We need to trust to lina because it is more reliable than other ICO. They project is more on trust and they must prove it.

FAITHriot

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:16:49 PM

Anyone who loves online shopping customer and consumers is likely to see an online review about the product and services they want to purchase but some of those doesn't trust online rating or reviews.

That's why Lina.Review is here to rebuild the trust on the review industry by making a platform based on blockchain and to provide a concrete value and transparency with the participants of rating and review industry.

I am definitely on your side with your statement. Rebuilding trust is the real deal. Without trust, the reviews on the LiNA platform will be put to waste. I just hope that LiNA would definitely find the right people especially the Helpers. Helpers should have good and great heart based on honesty and integrity. We should only have faith in the system and faith that everything will work out just fine.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:18:06 PM

I have noticed that the illustrations on the Whitepaper don't clearly show where is the location of the Helper on the flowchart.

These are the two (2) figures.

Figure 4: Lina Platform Overview (page 14)
Figure 5: Bid and Reward Sharing Flow (page17)

May I suggest to the Lina.review team to please indicate where does the Helper belong?

I believe that the Helper is on the LiNA Core Blockchain Technology.
I can't also understand that two figures in the whitepaper of Lina. But I think they are the models that shows how the lina.review will circulate if the project will launch.
Quote from: from the whitepaper
The Lina Core
The Lina Core is a high performance, scalable private blockchain transaction services for
recording detailed transactions to help avoid Ethereum’s network fees in transactions, stress
on the public network due to the large volume of transactions and to improve the user
experience in terms of latency.
There is a regulation that tells about how lina team will do to eliminate paid reviewers. If they will catch the helper that making a fraud review, they will automatically fired the helper. Logically, if the helper is under the lina core team, the helpers can freely do whatever they want because they hold the system.
TrainDING

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:27:20 PM

Since the Internet is now very important to us. This project is really in a great timing. Online shops are booming, online reviews are being manipulated, and Lina will help us stop or lessen the problems we have on online reviews so that online market will still grow. If this happens, there will be more people will be encouraged to do online business. More Entrepreneurs will be produced. This will lead to a better economy.
A perfect timing for Lina review because almost all people in the social media sites did not trust in any online reviews. If lina will successfully launch, it will serve as the opening year for reliable online industry.

You are right that almost all people in social media sites don't have trust on online reviews. I hope that LiNA will succeed and there will be a 180 degrees turn on what we have now. Trust will be renewed and will be rebuilt. Online business will definitely have an exponential growth. The market will certainly rise up and every company will definitely expand. Products will be on their highest quality because of the competition that trustful reviews will make.
xamil

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:36:10 PM

Since the Internet is now very important to us. This project is really in a great timing. Online shops are booming, online reviews are being manipulated, and Lina will help us stop or lessen the problems we have on online reviews so that online market will still grow. If this happens, there will be more people will be encouraged to do online business. More Entrepreneurs will be produced. This will lead to a better economy.
A perfect timing for Lina review because almost all people in the social media sites did not trust in any online reviews. If lina will successfully launch, it will serve as the opening year for reliable online industry.

You are right that almost all people in social media sites don't have trust on online reviews. I hope that LiNA will succeed and there will be a 180 degrees turn on what we have now. Trust will be renewed and will be rebuilt. Online business will definitely have an exponential growth. The market will certainly rise up and every company will definitely expand. Products will be on their highest quality because of the competition that trustful reviews will make.
Online shop will be limited for those who has a good quality and those who has not will stop selling their product because lina.Review is here to give the transparency of every product that we buy. More people who are online shoppers will definitely love this kind of review.
GhostBooster

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

Surely this would be better than those review websites that are getting paid with their good reviews,blockchain technology should be able to resolve the problem,transparency will be acquired if those people who will be accepting helpers arent going to sell their reputation too.

Yes mister/miss the lina project review will be more better than the other review websites that are being paid by the other companies just to gain positive reviews.
The legit and unbiased feedbacks will become one of the strength of the lina project, so lets  be excited to this project.

Moreover, for you to understand it easily try to check the strength of Lina.review in the old current system there is a lack of motivation for reviewers to improve their review quality. While in the current system of Lina users can become Helpers if they have many high quality reviews. Aside from that in the old current system revenue was not transparent, while in Lina.reviews revenue is completely recorded on the blockchain and very visible to the public.

Paying review companies to manipulate review results is definitely one of the problems that block chain can resolve. They now can't just pay and poof with target percentage and no accountability. With lina, we can trust the end result to be accurate.
How will the blockchain be able to resolve that problem? those greedy people who wants to earn money will always find their way to get advantage to the system's holes.
Don't be so negative about this things, though there is truth on what you stated here. Lina.review is no that stupid to make that happen. Of course they knew about it, that's why if you are going to check thei differences from the current system in accordance to lina's WP you can check it over there the strength of Lina.review

That's why Lina's platform was created. To avoid this kind of manipulation. Lina's objectives are very clear. He's right. Avoid negative issues and let's just hope for the best. I know Lina wants to end the problems and improve the system.

That's right! Negative thoughts never help. Let us hope for the best and help LiNA on its way to the top. We can help LiNA on resolving issues if we start it within ourselves. Be honest. Guard our hearts and let our mind be free from anything that will hinder honesty and integrity to succeed.
djmixen

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:47:17 PM

How can be sure that these helpers wouldnt sell their good reviews to these products?Because if they can earn money from giving reviews im sure few of these people would take advantage the system's weakness?

We can never be so sure that Lina will totally eliminate this kind of cheating. But then, Lina will try to eliminate fraud and give the best honest review as much as possible. Cheaters will always look for ways just to cheat. Consumers should always be skeptic no matter what.
i am sure that lina.Review will do all the things that need to do to make all cheaters eliminate. In the internet nothing is impossible, i think  they have a site who can trace if the reviewers will give the true review and did not contacted to the product owner to make a wrong review for the sake of the company and not for a buyers who trusted lina.Review whenever they buy online.
smith4cris

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

Some people live their dreams...destiny passes by.

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:59:37 AM

Anyone who loves online shopping customer and consumers is likely to see an online review about the product and services they want to purchase but some of those doesn't trust online rating or reviews.

That's why Lina.Review is here to rebuild the trust on the review industry by making a platform based on blockchain and to provide a concrete value and transparency with the participants of rating and review industry.

I am definitely on your side with your statement. Rebuilding trust is the real deal. Without trust, the reviews on the LiNA platform will be put to waste. I just hope that LiNA would definitely find the right people especially the Helpers. Helpers should have good and great heart based on honesty and integrity. We should only have faith in the system and faith that everything will work out just fine.
Correct and lina.Review will definitely do their best on their side to make the customers trust shopping especially the online shop where people always do because of lack of time buying outside. I also hope that the lina.Review will hired a helpers which can do to be an asset of their project and not putting them down because of the wrong image.

Blockchain Technology will help in checking, counter checking and transparency for Lina.review platform. Personally I do consult reviews and feedback before buying, particularly on phones and gadget. Sometimes I do encounter sponsored reviews which are a little bias and only points out on the pros and less of the cons of an item I wish to purchase. This in effect would lead me in searching for more reviews and is a time consuming cycle. If Lina.review will become a trusted review platform, this situation will be at least avoided or improved. As future helpers I do hope that we will be honest with our reviews and help our community on Lina.review grow and prosper.

L I N A   R E V I E W   ⚫●.  __COMMUNITY-DRIVEN REVIEW PLATFORM__
█ ▌   PARTICIPATE NOW   ▐ █ (https://lina.review)
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:46:29 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 09:23:41 AM by Gibreil

A single negative review can damage the company's prestige and profitability. So how could Lina.Review can tell if a certain review is not bias?

I guess these reviews can only be posted by helpers, and these helpers undergo qualifications before they can be appointed being a helper, so let us call that filtering process, and saying negative review as long as they have proof about it will never be biased and will help customers a lot and at the same time making the product owner to enhance their service and make more quality products.

So it means reviews written by common users to a certain business company are being filtered and approved first before it appears on their profile?
And after the filtering what are they going to do with the negative ones, hide or dispose?

Why would they need to hide a negative review? If this is the case the transparency is useless. LINA review is not about positive reviews. It is about using blockchain technology, qualifying the reviewers and giving the most reliable review on the market. Only when companies learn to accept criticism that they can grow. As for the common users review this may also be reflected but I think the helpers review will be used in rating the product being reviewed. Again, blockchain technology helps us trace the source of the reviews but the main thing here is hiring qualified reviewers, HELPERS, based on their qualification.
I agree that they are lack on transparency. if they keep hiding negative reviews then is useless. Blockchain is build for transparency,reliable and cability. I'm reviewing their whitepaper devs should update on this.

What could be the main purpose of Helpers? I mean are they are the one moderating the Lina.Review's website?

Helpers (a.k.a as Experts) main responsibility is to review products and services on the system. They also submit a certain number of reviews with acceptable quality every month. Another task of Helper is to vote for submitted user reviews

Agreed, on what you said dude. But the duties and responsibilities of a Helpers is not that easy as you can see. Because once they didn't meet the quality standard of their task on lina.review they can be demote by the Helper board in my opinion.
That's why helper should be accountable on their work. Being a helper isn't easy, it needs a lot of characteristics and principle in life. A helper must have discipline to herself and a helper knows the best! If they will not do their obligation, nothing will change in the review system.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:27:36 AM

There are no statements in the wp regarding security of lina core other than there will be a security audit. This should be one of the top priorities for obvious reasons.

They mentioned Reputation management in their whitepaper meaning that their will be security in their core because they wanted their reputation to be clean and trusted in order for their project to work and be known by every internet user. Maybe their busy highlighting their project in different country that's why they are not here to answers all of the questions here. I still have high hopes for this project to shoot up.
My concern is actually that crypto currencies can be hacked. If lina is creating its own network for the tokens, they should take standard security measures.
I know that lina core is too hard to enter or access by a hacker. Yet we all knows that there is no imposible in the internet but lina team already made it more secured in order to have a difficulties in accessing their system.

Your concern has its basis, but I think that is one aspect that Lina.review team needs to address as well. Ideally blockchain technology can help trace the links of transactions. Unfortunately, it is not enough to prevent hacking. We can only look forward at Lina making its platform secured. I think there is a portion of payment allocated for Bug detection or similar findings in Lina.review. Good luck to us.
Good luck to the hackers. There is a chance that the possible attacks of the hackers will occur in the lina but as long as the lina core is secured and accessible only by few people, hackers can't enter its system otherwise there are inside job. But then, let see on how does lina will protect their clients and firms in possible hack.
Even the secured token and exchange can attack by the hackers. In my opinion, there is no impossible in the internet. Hackers can access lina core though it has the hardest system ever. There will be a time that the hackers will make an access for them to enter. Internet is different from reality. The impossible may become possible by the internet.
If you know the cure, you can heal the sickness!
As a team of lina, they knew already what will be the best possible way that the hackers can enter their system. And I think, lina team already knows how to solve such hacks that will access to the lina core.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: