Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:40:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
Desperaboss

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:14:20 PM

To be honest, current investing instruments of banks using fiat money are complicated as well and most of the "normal" people do not understand. Since bitcoin is not used for daily payment the ordinary folks are neither interested in bitcoin investments nor complicated fiat investments. We should establish cryptocurrencies by creating a working payment system and simplify money transactions so everyone can use it without being an expert in trading and investing.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Englebabylove

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:14:49 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
Yes, bitcoin is so complex that few people know anything about bitcoin. Most people simply regard bitcoin as an investment. They don't even know the history of bitcoin. People don't care about the technology of bitcoin, they just care about the price of bitcoin.
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:23:16 PM

Yes it is complicated for the ordinary folks. What technology wasn't that way when newly launched? But folks can still read up writeups and articles on the workings of bitcoin if they truly want and then upgrade their learning. Bitcoin is highly technical I must agree but it can be studied, learnt and understood.
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:25:57 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

I do not think that learning a new technology like bitcoins has anything to do with how easy or complex it is. It is just connected with how much interest the person has in that technology. A very basic example of these are smartphones with lots of functions. Sometimes aged people are not able to operate those functions. But if you give that mobile to a small kid, he will explore all the functions out of curiosity and in the hope of finding exciting games to play.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:26:37 PM

Yes it is complicated for the ordinary folks. What technology wasn't that way when newly launched. But folks can still read up writeups and articles on the workings of bitcoin if they truly want and then upgrade their learning. Bitcoin is highly technical I must agree but it can be studied, learnt and understood.

Do you think all of the people who are involves in bitcoin know the technology behind bitcoin?
There are many people with low education that are using money.
spunkybd

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:34:20 PM

Bitcoin is a lot simpler than the convoluted system that is in place in just about every other country that exists today. Especially America.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

Yes, bitcoin is so complex that it is hard for ordinary people to know the full extent of bitcoin. They also do not want to spend a lot of time to understand what bitcoin the various aspects of knowledge, knowledge they put the bitcoin as a way of investment, they don't care about technology and the history of the bitcoin, they care about is the price of the bitcoin
Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:39:27 PM

Yes it is complicated for the ordinary folks. What technology wasn't that way when newly launched. But folks can still read up writeups and articles on the workings of bitcoin if they truly want and then upgrade their learning. Bitcoin is highly technical I must agree but it can be studied, learnt and understood.

Do you think all of the people who are involves in bitcoin know the technology behind bitcoin?
There are many people with low education that are using money.
Sad truth, but at least they were trying their best to involve and study those technology involves in it, they may not answer technical terms but without them I don't think that bitcoin will grow much just like what the price has become now, since we also needs users and investors for cryptos.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:58:29 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 07:56:04 PM by PsylockReborn

I don't think so.

Learning is a process, and it usually takes time. As long as they are willing to learn and exert more effort in researching about this awesome technology, they'll get the hang of it easily.

The blockchain technology has still so much to offer in the future.

here's one of them:
 https://ieet.org/index.php/IEET2/more/swan20150402

Learning today is not that hard because of technology. We have lots of resources available for all of us using the internet. We just need to give time, effort and interest to fully understand the nature of this awesome innovation.

ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:42:08 AM

It will take some time for anyone to know about a new topic.And not exception of the general public. If they are very carefully read the issues and seeing the videos the system will not be too complicated.
ConsistentBranch

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:46:38 AM

Following here.
mhsingh

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:48:25 AM

Yes for Beginners its too much complicated to understand and to work or get profit from it. But they can learn with a process from internet.
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:53:16 AM

It will take some time for anyone to know about a new topic.And not exception of the general public. If they are very carefully read the issues and seeing the videos the system will not be too complicated.
People usually rush into things, that is how they lose money. Take your time to study and decide to buy afterwards. Also buy small amounts first, just to test the way it works.
odranoel

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:59:46 AM

I think,it is not complicated for the older folks that bitcoin.Everybody is invited.It is not the age its about the willingness to work.If he/she is willing well,its not the age that matters.Slowly untill you will learned.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
angelakrasnova

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:02:37 AM

I do not see anything complicated because it would be too easy if you both went into the Sims and read quickly everything and started to play, and then you have to understand the subtleties.
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:07:28 AM

If you are talking about ordinary folks as an average person who in its early young adult age, I think it is not too complicated to understand bitcoin. An average people could have a bank account or even a credit card which knew how to spend things especially in this new era. Understanding and using bitcoin is not that complicated like computing your taxes manually. Wallets provide a simple interface for a fast and easy buying, selling, transferring and converting. It is not that complicated like an airplane cockpit.
Akarbb

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

I dont think that bitcoin itself is too complicated for the ordinary person. There are a couple of things however that stand in the way of adoption:
- People don't undestand this new technology: for them a monetary system without banks is inimagible
- Most people hate insecurity: bitcoin prices are by far too much volatile.
- Most people hate changes: rebalancing the power of the current state and banking system leaves them with a bad feeling
- People listlen to mainstream media: often news are dominated by opinions and not by facts..

I could go on with this for hours but until there is no real proof-of-concept (visible to the public) that there are huge advatages regarding blockchain technology, crypto currencies, etc. people will remain sceptic.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:17:12 AM

Bitcoin is not too complicated for the ordinary folks , its all about ones mentality and desire to learn, and yes of late there has been too much focus on the price than Bitcoin itself, this is a trend fro the greedy. and greed doesn't go far in this business.
kdiag

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:22:07 AM

understand bitcoin is not so difficult, the main thing is right and accessible to explain it, the people's confusion lies in not faithfully submitting information including from the media.
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:22:59 AM

I dont think it is too complicated but a lot of people use to consume fully prepared product only. Fiat bank system is already integrated to everything people need, get salary by ATM, pay for water, electricity, internet, telephone etc. by same ATM, buy by fiat, sell by fiat, we are taught to use it, we grown up with it.
   Bitcoin is just new phenomenon, many of us dont even have time to think about it, people are conservative beings mostly, thats the reason. If we would have blockchain classes in school then it would not be complicated

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: