Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
jahn_quid

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 07:11:39 AM

I think Bitcoin it’s not the problem but how all the different UI and application around it that are making it more complex than it should be

we need to improve in the same way bank and credit cards have hided all the complexity of using their tech

I always think about the average folks like Mums and grannies have really hard time understanding cryptos

To me, this is definitely the answer. Tried explaining this myself in an earlier response here.

Conceptually, crypto and blockchain aren't that difficult to understand. Certainly, they aren't easy concepts, but having said that, just basic comprehension of the core bricks is within the grasp of the average person, in my opinion.

It's more that the technology around this movement isn't user friendly at the moment. As you said, imagine trying to explain credit cards to people from 100 years ago!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serverus

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:16:56 AM

It is complicated at first time. But the time they be able to explore the way how the market works, they gain enough experience and knowledge to successfully engaged in this kind of business.
MiukoOk

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

To me, yes, some people say that BTC can help beggars get out of poverty. But this is completely impossible. Currently they are only suitable for some people who know about technology, know how to use computers.
Chaelbrin

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:22:38 AM

I wouldn't state it is excessively convoluted for the normal society however I will state the discussion has been twisted starting late in the matter of what is critical and that can be destructive for bitcoin's development long haul. Us here we perceive the innovation is extraordinary however it would take hours upon hours to disclose that to the normal individual. We simply need to divert the discussion back towards blockchain and bitcoin on the grounds that those innovations are what is extremely vital here.
bad_apple

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:28:44 AM

I think bitcoin is not that "much" complicated as it looks like. However, at first glance, it really looks difficult to handle and understand and such, although there are no such thing as master in such task, so anyone may take a liking and be familiarized as it gets exposed during the course of time.
HaroldFinch

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:33:33 AM

Don't think so. You don't have to be a programmer to understand how it works.
Moreover, I suppose no need to know how it works at all to use it. Not everybody knows how banking system and stock markets work, still they pay with their money every day.  Personally know a couple of guys that made good $ of investing in cryptos, with no idea how it actually works
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk but I will say the conversation has been distorted as of late as to what is important and that can be harmful for bitcoin's growth long term. Us here we recognize the technology is great but it would take hours upon hours to explain that to the average person. We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:02:34 AM

Bitcoin is too complicated for ordinary people, I do not think that far .. bitcoin can be owned or used with anyone as long as there is a will and always try to be able to use it .. and my personal experience many ordinary people or extraordinary people not so understand bitcoin not even know at all and there are some who only know his name but do not know the benefits and advantages are very good for him if want to use it .. so I think bitcoin is too complicated for lazy people to do it and do not want to try or try to find out about bitcoin many good benefits for his life , not because of ordinary people or extraordinary people ..
jayarbillones

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:21:06 AM

I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. you have to do is to chose what you wanna do, either mine or buy, or Trade or hodle,  the most important decision every BTC  investor has to make.We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.
AurumService

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 10:22:37 AM

I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk

Agree. It`s not that complicated. One just need patience, basic financial literacy and will to explore this territory. Today everybody can enter this market but not everybody gets what he or she expected (like with any other activity).
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:27:41 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
I think Bitcoin is not that too complicated for those ordinary folks because it is just easy to be understood even an average child can possibly learn it effectively well, that was based only on my perspective and experience because the first time I have got into this, I did not meet any complication or maybe it is just depending on the people if he will find it to be difficult for him. Well, there are many ways on how you can understand Bitcoin since information can be read on internet and even in this forum as well as own experience can be a great knowledge to have because experiencing it on your own will make it easy for you to understand it well.
buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:28:57 AM

When there was a lot of attention to bitcoin last year then was a big falling. So I prefer that bitcoin will be not in the center of attention and will grow with little steps.

JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:36:55 AM

I think many people just see bitcoin as scam or a waste of time. If you try to explain into an ordinary people you will have a hard time to explain to them. And also they will have a hard time to understand. Bitcoin was for me, only for the risk takers. If you dont have a gut and patience. Bitcoin was not for you.
kyucryp

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:45:00 AM

I think bitcoin is not complicated. people who have been in school can easily understand bitcoin by reading and learning about bitcoin work. Unless the person is never school and never has a gadget then I am sure understanding bitcoin will be very difficult. but the use of bitcoin for payment is indeed complicated because many stores and countries have not legalized bitcoin as a means of payment. Bitcoin is better known as an investment asset.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:39:06 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

If you look at it, bitcoins are pretty simple to understand. You don't have to have a degree in IT or computer engineering to better understand this technology. Even a simple google search will get you going to bitcoins. Ordinary folks can understand bitcoins because the resources available is on the internet.

Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:43:46 AM

For the average person not good at computer and not knowledge about bitcoin, bitcoin is too complicated. Not everyone involved in bitcoin is successful. I also have a period of discouragement to give up bitcoin because of waiting for its price increase.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:50:51 AM

Bitcoin and Blockchain technology are recognized very important.So,the people who can realize the importance of these,only they should be included to this world whether he is ordinary or not.Otherwise,it can be harmful.But ueah,may be it would take time to explain about the technology to them(ti the ordinary folk).It is not so complicated.I was also an ordinary folk!!! But once they understand,they can lead them to a better place of this world.

dany henry

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:56:47 AM

It may be a little complicated, but only for those who do not know technology. And if you understand this area, then you will not be difficult to understand bitcoin.
jame suny

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:57:30 AM

The world of technology will be more advanced we have to prepare ourselves for new technology if we want to advance too. Bitcoin is too complicated if someone does not want to learn and if in complexity do not want to consult with someone who is experienced then that's where difficult things will be experienced.
Ravion

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:00:58 PM

Bitcoin may seem difficult for those who do not understand technology and do not understand anything in Economics and Finance. But if you carefully study the information, it is quite possible to understand this. Main desire.
I believe that it is complicated to the elderly folks because in the first place they are not used to it they are used  the traditional way of currency and they not so familiar with the technology. But in the new generation they can easily adopt because they in the computer age this  is the way they may be  want  in the future.

That's true. It's a different kind of money that most people aren't familiar with. Especially people who are older or are not tech savvy. Opening an account and buying and selling Bitcoin has become quite simple actually, but I think there are many people that think there is a security issue about it.

Ordinary folk are listening to experts and government agencies, and the way Bitcoin is being described by those people make people avoid getting involved. Many famous investors are saying that Bitcoin is not something that will last, and governments are labeling it as a scam. In the media, it is being equated with money laundering and the payment method used by criminals.

People can only learn about Bitcoin and how it can be used if they do their own research about it. They can't be waiting for governments to be touting its use, because Bitcoin and similar currencies are something that governments don't want people to be using.
The price rally that happened last year was great for ordinary people to take notice, but it created the perception that this is just something to make some quick money with. The true value of Bitcoin and the technology it's based on is still not known by most people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: