Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2306 times)
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:08:34 PM

Big Giants do not get affected by media they always have concern over blockchain and Bitcoin even if they do not show us. I think we can actually say that Bitcoin is too much complicated for normal people as I have seen many people who do not even know how to read the emails or even what is an email. So how can I expect them to understand such a huge Technology concept? But it is a form of money and every human being on earth is interested in money so they do.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:01:06 PM

The answer to your question is YES. The first time I have heard about bitcoin, I thought its like stock exchange but its different. To understand it, you need to spend time reading and researching. No wonder why old people doesn't understand bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Up until now, I'm still having a hard time explaining bitcoin and I prefer to send my friends a link to explain how bitcoin works. With dedication and effort, anyone can understand bitcoin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
maximkretov

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:06:49 PM

pitocin can't be challenging! My deep conviction is that bitcoin does not need slogans, not revolutions with revolutions of consciousness, but a simple and clear concept for most ordinary people, such as all large projects/startups, expressed in a couple of phrases, and supported by a ready-made mechanism, the implementation of this concept.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

Block chain is usually a complication to the ordinary folks, for the few upgrade of them will pick more from its articles and updates online, but since it is not yet in direct currency form it may take some time to get the exchange prons and cons.
Singbatak

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:20:07 PM

I wouldn't say it is complicated in ordinary folks, because it is not hard to learn the blockchain. I think they study it one-by-one in the forum by reading and commenting here. They're just open minded, it's not complicated to learn it. And they must learn how to learn it.
WebTera

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

Imagine if you spent your whole life studying and working as a doctor, lawyer, teacher or a simple office worker. Your brain is used to this life. Atrophied. And now you need to start to delve into some new incomprehensible technology that looks like a hoax. How will you behave? Of course you will be difficult.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

I think my bitcoin experience is somewhat complicated for ordinary people or new users, because it needs a detailed knowledge to understand about the actual bitcoin
The ability to read and a little bit of knowledge in ICT is all that a person needs to have a detailed understanding for Bitcoins. Bitcoins is not really complicated at all even for those with the basic understanding of computers.
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:35:38 PM

I am convinced that the world of cryptocurrencies is not so simple for everyone. The technical part still puts me in trouble even though I have been following these topics for quite some time and the financial part is often very complicated.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:42:56 PM

It is never complicated to the ordinary man who can read and write. The only reason is that most people refuse to understand or agree with cryptocurrency. Some even go far to attribute it to illuminati which is way weird.

jurelmartin

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:50:19 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

For me as a beginner in cryptocurrency, its hard to understand it at first because it has a lot of things need to learn before getting involved in bitcoin, but as you go deeper you'll eventually understands what really bitcoin is, and this forum really helps beginner like me to learn more about bitcoin itself
fattyforhire

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:58:45 PM

Yes. I can safely say that bitcoin is complicated for me in many terms. I can't figure out technology and smart contracts. Maybe my brain isn't ready for that kind of information. Sad
Osmarwine

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:37:08 PM

I suppose it is hard to understand to some people since it´s such a new concept but there are some people that help us earn some money like Brickblock in which you only need to register to start maing profit, i really recommend you guys give it at least a try.
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:58:00 AM

At first bitcoin is really hard if no one would guide you like to start in simplest step like exchanging to cash speacially there are lots of type of exchanger in market also lots types of coins.but everything is easy as long as your willing to learn everything so every difficult things you see is just easy and just a piece of cake to you and also you dont need any help to other instead you could help other too
Coinlover9

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:34:05 AM

Well if you want and open to new ideas then it's quite easy but if you are rigid about your own ideas and easily influenced by the media and it's a long shot.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:40:47 AM

Yes. I can safely say that bitcoin is complicated for me in many terms. I can't figure out technology and smart contracts. Maybe my brain isn't ready for that kind of information. Sad

You dont have to learn to read smart contract if you are not a developer, too complicated to us ordinary folks. All we need to know is the technology behind it and how to use it well. Dont bother yourself to know too much.
To make it easier to use for ordinary folks, developer needs to migrate to mobile. Make wallet, exchange, as simple as touching the phone screen. That is how we will get mass adoption

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:55:30 AM

Many people will not be to able understand bitcoin if their minds are already closed to any kinds of mdern technology like digital currencies and online transactions and the others are too lazy to learn. Only those who are genuinely interested in learning new things like cryptocurrencies will understand it later. Learning what is cryptocurrency is not really easy for the beginners and they must be persistence in learning until they completely understand it. The use of bitcoin by some scammers will make it more complicated for the learners and someone should be able to explain to them clearly.
jahn_quid

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

You dont have to learn to read smart contract if you are not a developer, too complicated to us ordinary folks. All we need to know is the technology behind it and how to use it well. Dont bother yourself to know too much.
To make it easier to use for ordinary folks, developer needs to migrate to mobile. Make wallet, exchange, as simple as touching the phone screen. That is how we will get mass adoption

This is definitely the correct response.

I'm surprised at how many people on here think that the concept is so difficult to understand. It's certainly not easy, but at the same time, it's not rocket science.

The bigger barrier to accessibility at the moment is the UI/UX. It's not that people are not capable of understanding; it's more why should they take the time to learn a new system if it's not easy to use?
charlzyeby

Merit: 4

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:05:42 PM

Bitcoin and the concept of blockchain becomes complicated when you don't get someone who really understands them to explain how everything works for. For folks who do not understand technology at all, it is better to tell them that bitcoin has been invented to make people take care of their own wealth without middle persons, and this is done in a fair environment where everybody bears witness to every transaction being made without necessary knowing the people involved in each transaction
jahn_quid

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:12:08 PM

Bitcoin and the concept of blockchain becomes complicated when you don't get someone who really understands them to explain how everything works for. For folks who do not understand technology at all, it is better to tell them that bitcoin has been invented to make people take care of their own wealth without middle persons, and this is done in a fair environment where everybody bears witness to every transaction being made without necessary knowing the people involved in each transaction

I mean, people don't understand how the Internet works but that doesn't stop a billion people from accessing and using this technology. Same with everything we take for granted in our everyday lives - cars, microwaves, airplanes, etc.

The big win will be from the teams that make their blockchain and cryptocurrency applications accessible to the masses.

I definitely believe in this technology and the benefits it brings. But the way forward is not to pretend that this is a secret only "we intelligent people" understand. It needs to become evidently applicable to the lives of normal people in a way that the switching cost is low and attractive.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:14:55 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

Bitcoin is still new for people in terms of how they use it. Many in the public already aware of it like they know that its nature is digital and its medium is the Internet. But few of them misunderstood cryptocurrencies may be because they are not fully integrated in the online industries. So it will helpful if we introduce it to them and show how much potential it has to our economy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: