Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:10:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
rhea1715

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:24:47 AM

It is complicated, yes, for the person who are still starting to discover and know about bitcoin. Specially to those who are interested what bitcoin is but not getting the idea of how it really works. They want to learn about bitcoin but not trying to dig deeper and learn more about it. While for those who are already reading about it before it boomed, is way easier for them to comprehend what bitcoin really is.

BITMILLEX     █▐    MOST SECURE, MOST COMPLETE EXCHANGE   
[ Trade, Earn, Invest ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Derfcoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:27:04 AM

Some people can't even open an email. How they gonna learn to create a wallet and create public keys /scan qr?
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:19:51 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
It is true that the main stream media has totally changed the perspective of what bitcoin and other crypto currencies are. People now think of the "price", the "profits" and the "loss" when they hear the word bitcoin. They are just forgetting about the true use of bitcoin and has rather become more profit oriented.
It also surprises me. Any news, any change is considered here mainly in terms of growth of bitcoin prices. As if there is nothing more in bitcoin than its price. The functionality of bitcoin is discussed in passing, and immediately again everything switches to its price. On February 26, a new version of bitcoin was released with the full implementation of SegWit. This should eliminate the shortcomings of bitcoin. There are practically no such topics here about how SegWit's implementation affects the performance of bitcoin. More than 90 percent of the topics are devoted only to the problem of bitcoin prices. It just gets annoying.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:42:33 AM

I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.

The reason we call them ordinary folks since they are not very technical to understand these kind of things. When we talk about ordinary folks they are very diverse and different from one another. In third world countries there are people who are living on the sidewalk, their concern is how to survive. Majority of the population are poor and cannot afford to buy computers and doesnt know how to use computers. With this  we can say that if computers were hard to access then it follows that cryptocurrency is alien to them and is hard to comprehend.
Ruffian14

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:48:04 AM

I don't think that bitcoin is very complicated for ordinary people who are not exposed to technology because it depends on your explanation on how they will understand bitcoin. Like for me, when I explain bitcoin to someone new to cryptocurrency, I explained it to them in a way that they can understand it. I just explain and discuss it in the very simple way. But if that person has eargerness to learn about bitcoin, they can learn it by themselves in just a short period of time.

beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:54:36 AM

I think most folks would find the concept of bitcoin a bit complicated. It depends on their
understanding of what bitcoin is all about. But given enough time and proper explanations,
I think regular folks are capable enough to grasp bitcoins. Basically it has something to do
with the evolving technology that bitcoin represents, but if they have exposure to basic
stocks and investments which I think is a good starting point of reference to bitcoins, they
can easily identify bitcoins in less time. If they have a computer and an internet connectivity,
it will be of great help and relief for them to uncomplicate things with cryptocurrencies.
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:59:33 PM

Yes, lots of people will simply not be able to understand it properly; they will never fully understand it. This is mainly true to elder people who are far from this area.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:10:24 AM

Create the developers of Japan satoshi nakamoto which in 2008 for the first time Telled the world about the crypto currency on the basis of the blockade, no personality A pinched network was not found.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:18:12 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

It is very complicated to many and i myself get confused on how other aspects of bitcoin is being done because of lack of knowledge. I made a lot of research and sometimes encounter some fake news and panic. But i make my positive on all the issues.
Shipitcinvova

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:27:58 AM

The idea was to exchange coins without centralized control, in electronic form, more or less instantly and at the lowest possible cost. Read more about who Satoshi Nakamoto is in our article.
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:44:39 PM

It should not be complicated, but some people make it more complicated. People are now can easily adapt to the digital age because that is what the Internet wants to be - to makes us connect easily with other people from far away land. It is normal that it is hard to understand, but then you'll get to understand the technology as you expose more of yourself.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:17:07 PM

Bitcoin wasn't too complicated until the lightning network came along. I could read about the lightning network all day and still have no idea how it works. 

oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:14:28 PM

Thanks for your write up. Blockchain needs be more simpler explained for the ordinary folks on the street to understand it. This will also increase  the acceptability.
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:28:40 PM

It is difficult only at first glance. But if a person is already dealing with a computer and the Internet, and is interested in bitcoin - he quickly enough to understand everything.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
olegblinov86

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:49:29 PM

Of course, it is not easy to immediately understand how bitcoin works. But here's what I noticed, if a person really sincerely wants to understand bitcoin, if he is interested in it, he understands me with a half-word and already through a few hours quite well versed in it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:18:27 PM

Yes, it still is. The reason why is that, still not many people are adapting the current technology. I am saying about phones, TVs and other gadgets. Technology is rapidly growing, and there's no stopping in it. Yes we have media, but it expresses not the reason why Bitcoin exist, and what's the use of it. So we really don't expect ordinary people to understand or accept it.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:21:03 PM

I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.

The reason we call them ordinary folks since they are not very technical to understand these kind of things. When we talk about ordinary folks they are very diverse and different from one another. In third world countries there are people who are living on the sidewalk, their concern is how to survive. Majority of the population are poor and cannot afford to buy computers and doesnt know how to use computers. With this  we can say that if computers were hard to access then it follows that cryptocurrency is alien to them and is hard to comprehend.

We should help those ordinary folks behind us if they have interest with bitcoin, and i don't think its hard if they study the system briefly. In a certain country if the government has a good program to the people helping them to survive in a daily basis, there's no reason for these people to starve for survival. However dealing with bitcoin to them will be a big challenge, but through the help of bitcoin wealthy individuals can have support to them by means of donations. With that we can gain appreciation from them, and the inspiration will be build for us in the future.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:29:46 PM

for now? yes. because not all people is knowledgeable enough in the field of computers that is why some are relying heavily on IT support personnel but for some bitcoin is just like a simple program like money to have a good secure and convenient medium of exchange for us to benefit.
CryptoLoverz

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:16:44 AM

I think everything if we want to learn with patience, surely all will not be too complicated. I suggest to ordinary people who can be said as a beginner. Do not be bored to always learn. And in my opinion, an effective way of learning is to find people who already know about bitcoin. Do not be bored for Asking what you do not understand. Learning earnestly and always be patient, that will make things less complicated.
pimkobai

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:03:08 AM

I think everything if we want to learn with patience, surely all will not be too complicated. I suggest to ordinary people who can be said as a beginner. Do not be bored to always learn. And in my opinion, an effective way of learning is to find people who already know about bitcoin. Do not be bored for Asking what you do not understand. Learning earnestly and always be patient, that will make things less complicated.

Yes, for beginners it would be very hard to understand when you had just started to join in bitcoin. I happen to experienced that kind of feeling where I am just about to join in this forum. What I did, I did my research and I study about cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin. Currently, at least I had learn a little about bitcoin and still learning many things and will continue to learn further.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: