Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:10:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
perova93

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:26:32 AM

In fact, nothing is complicated, because everything is transparent on the Internet and everything is transparent if you want to understand. Another conversation is how much someone needs time in different ways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabriellefull

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:29:11 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
I don't think bitcoin is complicated for ordinary people. My friends didn't know about bitcoin before, but they soon learned to do simple bitcoin transactions. If you're willing to take the time to learn, you'll soon learn about bitcoin.
vanslyien

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:32:01 AM

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough - Albert Einstein. There is no such thing as complicated, if you really want to understand a thing you can learn it. Everything can be learn it just vary on what degree you absorb the knowledge it wish to convey.
Boysen

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

I don't think so. To be honest I was just new to the bitcoin scene and industry and yet I am able to be as knowledgeable as some of the veteran investors out here. All it takes is that for you to be knowledgeable with the cryptocurrency technology and be able to understand the basics of the internet.

natalagerman95

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:04:42 AM

Those who have not read and heard about bitcoin will certainly find it difficult to understand what's what for but for this there is the Internet with its extensive articles.
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:33:16 AM

If you want to know the bitcoin, so you first need to know blockchain knowledge, bitcoin and blockchain is inseparable, investment bitcoin for the average person is still a good investment, so I suggest you buy some digital currency.

Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 10:36:34 AM

For the early adopters and long time investors, they already considered Bitcoin as currency and a very useful asset in the future. While the new investors only think of it as a plain investment with the hopes to becoming rich, as what they have seen in social media advertisement and from the media.  I dont think it would be complicated for the ordinary folks if they want to go learn and discover what would be the function or how Bitcoin works in other field of investment, not just by hodling and waiting for Bitcoin to increase. We only have different views and perspective in life, and in cryptocurrency as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:48:47 AM

Bitcoin is not a rocket science. It's very easy to learn and master. The main thing is to identify the underlying knowledge behind it and the functionality. Doing proper research can guarantee you knowing certain things about Bitcoin. And in the long run, you can keep on improving on your knowledge.
fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:50:53 AM

Not really, bitcoin is quite simple instead of a third party being a middle man, bitcoin removes the middle man and acts as a peer-to-peer payment system. For a better explanation I'd recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4g1XFU8Gto
Bitcoin is like a ledger. Bitcoin is very secure too. I think it wouldn't be too complicated to explain as long as the person you're explaining to is willing to understand it. And I usually prefer visual explanations such as videos/images.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
See Om

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:42:55 AM

Take time to learn about bitcoin and it won't seem complicate for you even if you are an ordinary folk. It takes time to learn about new things

your suggestion is very good. for a more permanent learning spirit with things about bitcoin, though complicated but keep trying. Since there is not an easy thing in this world without effort
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:46:19 AM

The problem is that Bitcoin is seen as an investment asset instead of a currency. Using it as a currency is still expensive and It's still slow. For the mainstream blockchain technology might be too complicated, and the focus is mainly on the high price bitcoin reached. It will take a while before Bitcoin is used as a currency.
I think bitcoin was invented as a peer-to-peer digital currency to change how people use the money for good, instead, bitcoin is also being used an investment asset as a result of high bitcoin demand by the public. The bitcoin has a limited supply of only 21 million bitcoin will ever be created with the current supply of approximately 17 million globally. thus, the demand for bitcoin is higher than the supply, that is why it is very hard to get bitcoin these days. by the way, it is not that complicated to understand bitcoin, it is a new currency which uses the new technology called blockchain and in time people will adopt it more.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:53:10 AM

At the moment you need a lot of time to be able to understand bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Once the technology becomes easier with new wallets and exchanges  then it won't be too complicated. Its like a car. You don't need to understand how it works in order to be able to drive.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

Well, so that the email system. There were the 3.7 billion users using email facility in 2017 and do you think everyone knew what SMTP server stands for? No! Basic information is enough and to use Bitcoin, you don't need to understand everything. Just basic information about public address, private key, decentralization, responsibilities would work fine. It's complicated if we are making it in that way!
Skyshark

Activity: 505
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:43:49 PM

In my opinion, learning about bitcoin as well as the cryptoworld is not that complicated once you really give time to read and to learn about it. At first it is very complicated because of the whole concept of these cryptocurrencies, and older folks who are not that techy would definitely have a hard time understanding how to move inside the cryptoworld but not with the market, I think cryptocurrency and our current fiat money is quite same.

indiejeff

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:29:02 AM

im an ordinary folk too, at first it is really hard to understand but as time goes by and help of a friend you will learn from it.  Wink
kangbasir

Activity: 394

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:59:01 AM

obviously especially for people who do not understand the internet and technology must be very complicated to understand bitcoin Cool
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:21:12 AM

If someone has enough drive or need to learn something, any average joe can learn it.
This article should help:
https://medium.freecodecamp.org/explain-bitcoin-like-im-five-73b4257ac833
Mitzianne

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:26:25 AM

I'd say nothing is really complicated if time and effort is given to understand something. However, when it comes to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, ordinary folks especially those only starting to get into the hype must do their due diligence to avoid being scammed by non-legit ICOs.
Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:43:43 AM

I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:12:09 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

What make bitcoin quite complicated especially to the new ones are actually the terminologies or technical terms being used here. But the logic of how it works is simple. But learning is something you should work on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: