Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:14:40 AM

It is really not complicated if you do some research. Problem is, ordinary folks, don't usually go be curious and research. They always like for things to be served to them.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:20:16 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

I actually do believe that bitcoin is a little too complicated for the average Joe. The average person skims over things -- doesn't really look into things well. I think a lot of those "average" people were the ones who were dumping their money into the cryptocurrency markets without knowing the risks that they were partaking in. That alone tells me that a good amount of people don't even know how bitcoin and blockchain work. The first problem comes when people spite blockchain because of bitcoin's economic success. They should know that the two aren't as related as they think they are.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Bukx

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:25:10 AM

I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk but I will say the conversation has been distorted as of late as to what is important and that can be harmful for bitcoin's growth long term. Us here we recognize the technology is great but it would take hours upon hours to explain that to the average person. We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.

Its not so complicated i think in my thought. Bitcoin is easy to understand.
Complicated or not dependin on how deep we want to learn it. If we just a little bit to only understand how it work and how we use it then its easy. But if more deeper like what the code and the block mean. Why the transaction slow? Its because of block or something then it will be more complicated. So i think to make not so complicated then beginner just learn their portion and no more to prevent confuse.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:27:51 AM

Yes indeed something we have not learned it will feel complicated. Like most now beginners in my area speak like that, but I replied, none of that is as difficult as we want to keep learning deeper, And now it's easy to find information about bitcoin like vidio on youtube, google articles, and I've also heard there are books about bitcoin, So all of that will make things easier.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:28:22 AM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
Most people were looking to get into crypto for the money, even if it was "too complicated" it sure as hell wasn't difficult enough for most people to set up and account and play games on the multitude of exchanges that exist. Even a ton of the people that I found that were more technologically inept were able to deal with Bitcoin and the small amount of technical knowledge required to use it, and if the "majority" or the "ordinary" person is unable to figure out how to use something as legitimately simple as the multitude of existing wallets and interfaces for Bitcoin then there's no hope for them in the first place. It's super easy to use right now and I don't know what could be made simpler, aside from babying people through it that is.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:27:00 PM

I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk but I will say the conversation has been distorted as of late as to what is important and that can be harmful for bitcoin's growth long term. Us here we recognize the technology is great but it would take hours upon hours to explain that to the average person. We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.

Its not so complicated i think in my thought. Bitcoin is easy to understand.
Complicated or not dependin on how deep we want to learn it. If we just a little bit to only understand how it work and how we use it then its easy. But if more deeper like what the code and the block mean. Why the transaction slow? Its because of block or something then it will be more complicated. So i think to make not so complicated then beginner just learn their portion and no more to prevent confuse.

The thing is, people see bitcoin as a way to make money. Tgey don't care about blockchain and the technology that runs crypto and i doubt that these people will also be interested to learn about it. It will become a bit complicated especially for the less tech-oriented. Best is to simply expose them to crypto and let them learn themselves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:51:49 PM

I believe that for many people still live in the Stone Age, they do not want to recognize that on the street the 21st century and that new technologies have come to our lives that can change life. But as practice shows, people do not want to keep pace with the times.
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:15:51 PM

It is difficult for a very large audience, since many people do not live in the world of investment and this new market has also become untenable for a large audience, but I hope that soon more people will devote time to bitcoin.
arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:09:20 PM

I personally thinks that it is not that too complicated, the thing that makes it more complicated is that many people deny the probability of the bitcoin if they are really worth it for time investment and effort.

The educational standard for common folks is to be taken in measure too, because not all of us can speak english languange fluently, and many people can speak english but most of them have a hard time understanding the language itself, disregarding the local sub, it will be too complicated for common folk to understand many things about bitcoin if they doesnt have the drive to learn it.

The person teaching the common folk is another variable to be considered too. What if the common folk is a type of person where you really need to provide every information that you have just for the common folk to understand the little information about bitcoin? It will depend on the person teaching and the person learning but the topic about bitcoin itself is not complicated as long as you have the motivation, resources, knowledge and comprehension to understand it.

budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:14:38 PM

I personally thinks that it is not that too complicated, the thing that makes it more complicated is that many people deny the probability of the bitcoin if they are really worth it for time investment and effort.

The educational standard for common folks is to be taken in measure too, because not all of us can speak english languange fluently, and many people can speak english but most of them have a hard time understanding the language itself, disregarding the local sub, it will be too complicated for common folk to understand many things about bitcoin if they doesnt have the drive to learn it.

The person teaching the common folk is another variable to be considered too. What if the common folk is a type of person where you really need to provide every information that you have just for the common folk to understand the little information about bitcoin? It will depend on the person teaching and the person learning but the topic about bitcoin itself is not complicated as long as you have the motivation, resources, knowledge and comprehension to understand it.

You are right, for those who really want change in their life, I don't think that there is a complicated one. People can easily adapt this kind of innovation if they really want to especially nowadays that a lot of tutorials/guide available in the youtube and all over google you just have to explore so we can see it.
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:18:27 PM

I do not think that bitcoin is too complex for ordinary people. If they take the time to learn about bitcoin every day. I think ordinary people can still use it well. I am also an ordinary person and I do not have much trouble with the use of bitcoin. Bitcoin is not as complicated as many people think

Divyanshu2710

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:18:38 PM

no its not that complicated for ordinary folks but its just limited and not currency or i can say part of daily life so any person can find it hard to understand.
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:19:03 PM

Bitcoin is complicated to explain to an ordinary person who is not an IT or gadget or technology enthusiast, imagine explaining the principle behind block chain, mining, etc etc to an ordinary person who really doesnt even understand internet basics.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
princesspoppy

Activity: 634

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:22:11 PM

Nothing is too complicated if you are willing to learn. Ordinary people or even young ones can learn and know about bitcoin. It is not that complicated on how it works. The only problem is that this ordinary people are not patient and willing enough to learn about it that really make it hard for them to understand bitcoin. Also the main purpose of bitcoin being a currency is not really used/implemented but rather as an investment and asset which also leads to misinterpretation and makes it hard for someone to understand on what bitcoin really is.
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:26:03 PM

Probably those people who thinks that bitcoin is so complicated, they didn't learnt in a right way, in other ways when they know bitcoin, the only thing in their mind is only about investment, and just another investment, it will bring your economy to a big crash.

they don't want to learn deeper what is bitcoin, its technology and its environment, how it created and something else. they only want something instant and dont care about its risk or what else behind bitcoin
cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:42:01 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not as simple as fiat money understanding. However, cryptocurrency does not require you to enroll in a college before you understand it. Just little personal research on it would help you out immensely.

I am not totally agreed. Only thing you need to know is simple computer skills and basic investing skills, that's all. If you know little, you can start investing easily. It is not so difficult to use exchanges.
parker99

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:48:22 PM

Bitcoin is complicated to people who are not interested. It takes time and patience to fully understand the concept of bitcoin and other crypto currencies. 
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:48:32 PM

I think bitcoin is quite complicated for others since it requires someone to be computer literate for them to use it. Much even more if they will involve in trading or investing since the process is a bit difficult and one mistake can even cost them their tokens inside their wallet.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
bahula33

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

if I think bitcoin for beginners or ordinary people, I think is not too complicated, depending on us alone, willing to learn or not, complicated for those who do not want to learn easy for those who want to learn !!!
Hirameki

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:10:05 PM

It may be complicated to handle for some ordinary folks but when they start to get into this, they can handle this easily.  Just like us, just like me at first i didnt know anything of this, but i research about it. Join this forum and learnded every single day about cryptocurrencies.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: