Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:17:27 PM

Yes, it's really complicated. If there is people for whom computer and internet is complicated, and I talking not only for older people.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:50:10 PM

Bitcoin is too complicated for new users? Yes.
People often mistake bitcoin and buy it from various investment based apps where they don't even get access to their addresses, let alone the private key. They mistake bitcoin to be just like stocks and there also follows panic selling. So if one starts with bitcoin, please do gain some knowledge about on how it works before just throwing away your money.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:46:39 PM

If a person really has a great desire to join bitcoin, he can master all the necessary information. It's not as difficult as it seems. Most importantly, don't just buy bitcoin and securely store it, with this newcomer also need to familiarize yourself.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:52:56 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

I would say that it looks like realy complicated bat first encounter even without the intervention of mainstream media.There were technical terms you have to define for them and also translate in the simplest way. It would take for them a lot of reading to fully understand what it is. Honestly, I ve been struggling to.understand what thus crypto all about, after few montha of taking part in thia ICO I got not so bad amount of idea to start trading and investing.
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:59:49 PM

To learn bitcoin is not so easy as it seems at first glance, but it is still available to everyone who really wants to engage in this activity. Especially since all the necessary information is on the Internet

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:41:51 PM

no it isn't its not far different from what they do in the physical world already we just have to keep the explanation simple because in the end its achieves the same aim just uses a different route. human nature will adapt and learn anything it deems better for it , the onus is on us to realize its our responsibility as members of the bitcoin ecosystem to ensure we do our best to get the correct information dissipated to counter all these story tellers who are trying to create a dislike for bitcoin among the population.

Verona25

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

Sometimes you can earn without investing without investing money.
Birdiebig

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:42:17 PM

Yes, I think this is true. By bitcoin and cryptocurrency is the use of algorithms, technology. Admittedly, it's a bit of a hassle when I first started, but if you're patient and familiar with it. You will see what is ahead in technological advancement.
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238

Hello World!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

If you take time in learning and really understanding btc then nothing is complicated. It only looks like one when the user that have enough idea about it. It's essential that before you enter a certain condition, you must be well equipped with the facts and you must have all the idea about it.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Marucya

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:04:27 PM

People who are outside the complex and exciting world of crypto, understand bitcoin difficult. Therefore, in order to eliminate the misunderstanding of crypto currency, we need to educate people on the transition to cryptothermics and especially on how to look past the FUD, and I believe that this will happen in 10-15 years.
Falgorn

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:12:51 PM

Speaking about the future of the economy, what I hear most is due to a lack of understanding or lousy knowledge caused by the mainstream media and a lot of influential people who do not really know what they are talking about. People should be trained in cryptothermia.
Glaseseye

Activity: 88
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:18:39 PM

I think explaining to Bitcoin is complicated enough to explain to the layman who is not a fan of information technology and even more sophisticated technology now, for example to explain how trading and mining is hard to understand for the layman who does not understand the basics of the internet. Maybe if they understand a bit about the internet and technology now. Maybe all the bitcoin discussions can be remembered little by little. They also still have to research more about what bitcoin is. This would be an easy thing for them if they understood the basics of bitcoin.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:21:09 PM

BTC can be understood by ordinary folks, even the not so tech-savvy ones. There are a lot of videos all over the internet explaining BTC in a simple and understandable manner. The mainstream media should also tell the world about the beauty behind BTC and not just its flaws.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

At some point, bitcoin could be very complicated to some ordinary folks. Understanding bitcoin can be very hard to deal with. Specially when it talks about trading or so. What makes it complicated is that, to be succesful we need to be more equipped in dealing with it. Understand it better and invest more time if possible.
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:32:00 PM

I think thats a really big problem actually to make cryptocurrencies available for normal people who are not into computers and multimedia. So if you want to make cryptocurrencies available for the mainstream people, it has to change a lot of thinks. Because when you have someone escpacially older people, do you really think they can get an wallet with their private keys? I dont think so. So thats why there need a lot of development in cryptocurrencies to make them mass appeal.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:42:45 PM

Bitcoin is quite complex and no wonder why, it might become a world-wide currency in the future. It should be obvious that not everyone will be able to recreate Bitcoin from the scratch but I think that everyone should know the benefits of cryptocurrencies and how to use them properly. I'm afraid that there will be a lot of scams in the future especially new wallet services. That's why the education is important, most people are too lazy to study on their own and even if something was their mistake, their blame someone else for their loss of many, for example.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:04:32 PM

It currently is, but it will evolve into something that will be easy to use in the future.
It might never be easy for the older generation I think.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:17:54 PM

At some point, bitcoin could be very complicated to some ordinary folks. Understanding bitcoin can be very hard to deal with. Specially when it talks about trading or so. What makes it complicated is that, to be succesful we need to be more equipped in dealing with it. Understand it better and invest more time if possible.
Disregarding trading though, anybody should be able to pickup the basics of Bitcoin. The basics themselves aren't that difficult, things get tough when you try to explain the intricacies of the system. For instance knowing there are 21 million coins maximum is easy, but knowing how they are mined, transacted, routed, and owned are two very separate things indeed.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:53:44 PM

Not at all. It currently is, but it will evolve into something that will be easy to use in the future. should be obvious that not everyone will be able to recreate Bitcoin from the scratch but I think that everyone should know the benefits of cryptocurrencies and how to use them properly. Understanding bitcoin can be very hard to deal with. Specially when it talks about trading or so. What makes it complicated is that, to be succesful we need to be more equipped in dealing with it. Admittedly, it's a bit of a hassle when I first started, but if you're patient and familiar with it.
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:06:26 PM

As of now most of the people see bitcoin as a way where you can invest, to earn lot of money. Since bitcoin is not that new to us, but for the other people that dont have an idea what bitcoin is. Maybe in the near future where most of the people has an idea what bitcoin, maybe that's the time that it'll be used as a currency for everyday life. But it'll take a long run before that will happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: