Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
manhhieudb4

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:51:35 PM

It is very difficult for people who do not know it yet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:03:57 PM

The most of the ordinary folks sees bitcoin as a way to get rich an investment, that's why they don't look into it. Bitcoin being in the tech side, ordinary people seems slow to understand it especially the old folks. The media influenced so much by giving these ordinary folks the idea that bitcoin is something that can get you rich, if they focused more on how bitcoin works as a currency and in blockchain technology, bitcoin can be understood by ordinary folks.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:07:01 PM

Someone without basic computer knowledge and exposure to finance may find Bitcoin a little bit complex. But there are so many video tutorials available in YouTube, which explains everything to the noobs perfectly.
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:07:08 PM

First, the novice will have a hard time. But in the long run, they will learn. Just like we started the novice but in the long run we also learned.
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:28:16 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/
People who want bitcoin really need some basic computer knowledge because without computer there is no bitcoin at all as it is computer generated. Maybe for elders it is hard to learn bitcoin but if someone will explain it to them in an easy way they still have a chance to learn bitcoin and to use it properly and effectively, especially these days that bitcoin is gaining is popularity.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:32:13 PM

Nope, for me it's not. It might be confusing when you are just starting. But believe me, you just need perseverance. Take your time to read and to slowly understand everything that you think you might need to know. It's an advantage when you are already a member of this forum. Just explore the different boards. There are guides for newbies, so it won't be that hard for you.
In my opinion as long as the ordinary folks can be able to upgrade it's knowledge to a high intelligence and can be fully absorb and can acquire the knowledge needed here in crypto world this Cryptocurrency is not complicated for them. And yes there's also a guidelines for a newbie and here also this forum which can help those new beginner to deak with the crypto world.
tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:39:04 PM

It will be more complicated if we dont explain them neatly and correctly.
And with the help of the internet it will now very easy to understand what is bitcoin, all ordinary falks will just have to open thier mind, and give more time and effort.

dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

Yes it is because not all people are use to with gadgets and smartphones. Some of them were only good at using telephone whenever they need someone. other than that some people also prefer to used mails that was sent through a post office. So smart phones and computer for them is not necesarry. Other people also who live in the rural areas does not expose themselves with technology because there means of living is on crop production so smart phones is not necessary for them also. So if you will going to introduce them with bitcoin probably they will laugh at your face because they could not understand on what you will be saying.

Right, not all people are familiar with internet and smartphone
But I believe most of them do
Almost all younger generations are now have their own smartphone which make it easier for them to learn more about bitcoin and crypto in general

buggy

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:44:22 PM

At first maybe i would say its complicated but as time goes by and you know deeply what bitcoin world is you can easily embrace what its purpose in coming into our life you can say its easy and i love being engage with crypto world. If yoi want to learn there are lot of ways to learn so better try and explore everything to see what's the beauty with it.
btcmura

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:57:29 PM

Not it not complicated at all, If a noob like me can understand it , anyone can. Do not waste time on charts , just follow the news related to crypto.
jahn_quid

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

I think as with all things the answer is always in the middle.

In terms of understanding, I don't think blockchain and crypto are impossible to understand conceptually. However, it takes a lot of leaps of faith and undoing of societal conditioning to accept some of the more radical notions involved.

On a similar note, the idea of what crypto-currency is is also not to out there for the average person to understand. However, today the user experience to actually engage in the process, whether for blockchain applications or "currency" trading, are not intuitive at the moment. You can see from the many players trying to become the standard that this is a challenge. Even with more web-friendly tools today, the whole process is a lot of work. Remember what it was like 4-5 years ago, and even then many people had created web tools to improve the experience.

With more time and exposure, your average person is going to understand. Younger people are clearly more receptive of crypto and they will soon become the average. The speed at which this is happening is much faster than with previous major tech iterations (PCs, Internet, etc.).

The bigger question is, what among the initiatives and ventures today will still be around in the next few years?  Huh Huh
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:01:23 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

yes you are right for new people and ordinary people such as bitcoin digital currency is more difficult than investing in fiat and so on but everything is definitely there are ways and his tutorial so that new investors and ordinary players will not be impossible can not invest in bitcoin. there must be a tutorial and this is very easy.
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:01:43 PM

Yes it is because not all people are use to with gadgets and smartphones. Some of them were only good at using telephone whenever they need someone. other than that some people also prefer to used mails that was sent through a post office. So smart phones and computer for them is not necesarry. Other people also who live in the rural areas does not expose themselves with technology because there means of living is on crop production so smart phones is not necessary for them also. So if you will going to introduce them with bitcoin probably they will laugh at your face because they could not understand on what you will be saying.

Right, not all people are familiar with internet and smartphone
But I believe most of them do
Almost all younger generations are now have their own smartphone which make it easier for them to learn more about bitcoin and crypto in general
if  they are interested then its a big YES, but as far as i can see on my surroundings, most of the younger ones are more interested about the current trend, which doesn't include bitcoin, yes maybe some of them heard about it, but in terms of interest, I think nah they didn't have it at all, but not all of them. right now the youngsters would probably focus on the trend such as being popular on social medias and other stuffs like that.
cryptogirlboss

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:04:53 PM

I think Bitcoin it’s not the problem but how all the different UI and application around it that are making it more complex than it should be

we need to improve in the same way bank and credit cards have hided all the complexity of using their tech

I always think about the average folks like Mums and grannies have really hard time understanding cryptos
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:06:35 PM

Once you get into it then it is not so bad. However, the first part can be daunting - especially when you first log into the exchange and see all those charts and numbers. Not easy to use for a newbie, so there are other ways of purchasing like coinbase which is simple but costs more.
brainryan

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:10:56 PM

I think, perhaps a little, because bitcoin is born from online technology with block strings. The implementation with the code needs basic internet skills. But that is not a big deal for the era of strong media and social media development. It is easy to capture and exposure in bitcoin usage. Just be patient and try to find out. It is easy.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:21:13 PM

Yes, for beginners it would be very hard to understand when you start. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not as simple as cash money transactions. But, if they take the time to learn about bitcoin every day. I think ordinary people can still use it well.
Kola

Activity: 215
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:54:53 PM

Yes, a bit complicated, but we see more new apps that give more opportunity to use it without special knowledge, and after some ppl will adapt anyway
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:55:58 PM

If only media stops ruinning the image of cryptocurrency to the public, may be people could finally understand what blockchain technology is. I just hope more information about this innovation is spread across social media platforms in order to the public to learn more.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:57:33 PM

Yes, a bit complicated, but we see more new apps that give more opportunity to use it without special knowledge, and after some ppl will adapt anyway
It is just like fiat currencies were people get confused by noise from those we think have knowledge about it, but in reality adds to the confusion. So to remove this confusion we need to educate people on navigating cryptocurrencies and especially how to look past FUD, and i believe it will come in 10 years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: