Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2300 times)
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is very complicated and difficult to understand because there is a lot of words in bitcoin that you won't get it easily. I am also an ordinary folk, so i think they will understand bitcoin for just a week if they asked a help from a friend who also know bitcoin for a more better explaination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anisuzzaman99apu

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:01:16 PM

The technical details are complex, true, but can be translated to a simpler one. At the end of the day, though, the use and practicality are what matters to ordinary folks. Right now, bitcoin is not yet there.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

As much as the Bitcoin, altcoins, ICO, the whole of Cryptocurrency and its jargons with blockchain can be seen as complicated, there are levels of perspectives that can be disclosed gradually and also dependent on the area/location or class of persons being informed. I believe it can be best simplified; brought down to the level of their understanding. The complex aspects can be left aside and can be enlightened when the time comes or when it is needed.
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:04:07 PM

The main thing identifies the underlying knowledge behind its function. Proper research can ensure you know certain things about bitcoin and in the long run. Where you can keep improving your knowledge. Cool
How bitcoin works is quite complicated if we have to understand the system. But to introduce the bitcoin, we actually just need to tell the benefits first. If they already know it, then when it goes into the stages of understanding bitcoin, it will be easier.

sari_

Activity: 230

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:05:13 PM

if it is too complicated for people to be. maybe that's true too. but if they always learn and ask questions. I'm sure they can. because there is no science that can not be mastered. as long as there is desire and strive for sure they will.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:05:34 PM

People are usually afraid to test the new technology unless its been tested by the known person, it has to be endorsed by popular people and maybe a celebrity know to have used effective technology take OPrah for example. If Oprah says on tv that she had been investing with bitcoin, I think a lot will follow including the "ordinary folks" and will start to learn BTC and blockchain.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Market-desi

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:10:17 PM

if complicated it must be especially for people who have never held a digital tool. because some people. because it is far from the crowd and the lack of this signal is the main factor they are left behind with the digital world .

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:13:05 PM

I think Bitcoin it’s not the problem but how all the different UI and application around it that are making it more complex than it should be

we need to improve in the same way bank and credit cards have hided all the complexity of using their tech

I always think about the average folks like Mums and grannies have really hard time understanding cryptos
Yeah I'm fairly certain it is a UI issue. With the banking system all you need is an account and they give you this fancy magic card that does all the transactions for you. With Bitcoin you have to copy and paste and double check a long string of numbers. It should just be a click of a button, and I think even scanning a code with a phone is a little too cumbersome. We need easy hardware like a magnetic card strip.
Tanjima

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:24:15 PM

The primary approach in dealing with bitcoin, is knowing the interest of a person and thyself. It will be easier for aspiring bitcoin users if they are really interested in learning and understanding its background, nature, system and just anything about bitcoin that can help them through time with using bitcoin. Most people focus on the way they see bitcoin, as a source of having privileges that would very much benefit them but not as a subject matter that needs to be thought of and learned properly making it somehow a difficulty in understanding it immediately.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:27:24 PM

I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk but I will say the conversation has been distorted as of late as to what is important and that can be harmful for bitcoin's growth long term. Us here we recognize the technology is great but it would take hours upon hours to explain that to the average person. We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.
Even if you explain to an average person about the crypto currency and its technology blockchein for several hours, it is unlikely that he will understand everything, but if he understands, he will agree with your opinion on the advantages of crypto currency. I think that people will massively use the crypto currency only if the states will recognize it as a means of payment. Crypto currency is so unlike all existing types of money that one understanding of its technology is not enough. This requires the support of such an authoritative body as the state.

NinjaCryp

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:28:28 PM

I can not determine the level of exposure of the user community in the crypto world. However, it is possible that bitcoin will have a limit for age. Because bitcoin needs basic capabilities from the computer or the internet, users aged 50 or older. They can hardly reach and grasp the usage or operation process to send and receive bitcoin.
mdrakibul

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:30:37 PM

yes,Bitcoin is very complex for the common people because the common man does not know anything about Bitcoin. When ordinary people listen to Bitcoin, you know,If you hear it, then work will become easy for him.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:57:13 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

Every thing is complicated when it is new, and it gets simpler when you are getting used to it, when you want to learn about it.
And still we does not know the mechanism behind the maximum technology we use in our daily life, but we still use it. Similarly one can take the advantage of the bitcoin with out having deep knowledge in the blockchain. 

exalterego

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

BTC is all about programming and mathematics, especially when one tries to understand why the fee for transaction of, say, 0.01 BTC is so high and how this deals with all those bytes and hashes.
Up to date cryptocurrencies are rather an exclusive method of investment being familiar to a couple of millions of people, but I hope that their popularization is just near the corner.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

Oh naa I don't see it as being complicated or difficult to understand. In fact, anyone can understand Bitcoin and blockchain(somehow) so far as the person is ready to learn. They just have to avail themselves to learn, and that's all.
Shingaling

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:55:04 PM

I myself think that Bitcoin is complicated because my knowledge is noylt yet enough and I need to do more effort in reading and understanding.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

The idea behind blockchain technology needs to be clarify to the public especially to those who have no any idea aboutit yet spreading accusations and false information to others. The main threat to bitcoin and cryptocurrency itself is the misconceptions that other people has created just to eliminate bitcoin in the market. If only they understand this industry more, they will accept this system.

MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:06:29 PM

It is not difficult, and not easy, everything new needs education and knowledge, so everyone who wants to enter into this field must learn and know everything new such as used terms and definitions
glanmarc2

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:59:59 PM

At first, bitcoin is too complicated to ordinary folks. Which 100% sure that they will think bitcoin is illegal because Ypu can refer bitcoin as "Easy money". That is the reason why they are thinking bitcoin is illegal. But the purpose is bitcoin is to have a secure transaction which is the blockchain technology which is currently trending right now. But if ordinary folks read about basics in crypto or investments or concept of bitcoin. They will not think bitcoin complicated again.
turkoglu23

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:08:54 PM

I think It is not complicated for people who has programming background. But for people who has not idea about programming and money transferring system it is hard. Especially mining is too complicated for ordinary folks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: