Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:45:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin legal???  (Read 2984 times)
CryptoMark2585

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:26:20 AM

I think it depends on which country you are in.japan is the number one country that adopted bitcoin.Some countries do not allow cryptocurrencies, some have no regulations regarding it, and some are allowed and utilized by the government.
You can check the Legality of bitcoin by country or territory on wikipedia. The link is below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory
joemanabat05

Activity: 168
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:28:45 AM

SOME OTHER COUNTRIES ARE ILLEGAL but in other countries it is very legal just like japan the no.1 that adapts crypto currency. The platform introduced a brand new paradigm away from the traditional regulators and regulations that govern fiat currency. Unlike illegal, counterfeit money, which is a blatant example of a “currency” that misrepresents itself as legal tender, Bitcoin is entirely different.
pesonet

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:30:40 AM

I think it depends on which country you are in.japan is the number one country that adopted bitcoin.Some countries do not allow cryptocurrencies, some have no regulations regarding it, and some are allowed and utilized by the government.
You can check the Legality of bitcoin by country or territory on wikipedia. The link is below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

If were going to talk about legality of bitcoin. Well, its possible because we can't define if its a legal or not but we can check if the bitcoin is legal by checking on some bitcoin page or in some country.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:37:46 AM

Yes, it depends on where the person lives in. Some countries already declared Bitcoin as a legal currency and others are trying to legalize with discussing Law inforcing agencies how to accept Bitcoin in that countries.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:45:14 AM

I guess its varying country to country. In my country its not legal yet and using BTC is banned by govt. We understand the fear of regulated institutions. But this is sure that BTC will be future currency and everyone has to accept it.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:17:12 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.
For me i think Bitcoin is legal . Expect it to act as resistance if it is tested again in the near future.In addition, Bitcoin raises a number of legal and regulatory concerns and doubts , including its potential for facilitating money laundering, its treatment under federal securities law, scams and hacking possibility. Some countries treat Bitcoin already as legal so there is no doubt that there is possibility that it will become legal in other countries.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:47:36 AM

Here in my country, I'll consider it legal because the government allowed us to transact and trade in any cryptocurrency exchanges. Recenty the central bank and the SEC imposed regulation on all exchanges currently operating in my country so it's means owning  and using any cryptocurrency is considered legal even though there is still no law that directly legalizes bitcoin and other virtual currencies. It still depend on what country you are currently living, the laws they are implementing, and their views on cryptocurrencies.
Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:56:20 AM

legal or not depends on the policies of individual countries. There are countries that prohibit bitcoin but some are allowed. Thus all depends on State policy.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:03:46 AM

i think bitcoin is legal, you buy bitcoin from your funds.
it is not that bitcoin comes from nowhere. it was from your money.
but i wonder why some of country is banned bitcoin
soikot0012

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:08:32 AM

Yes that right,ithink it depends on which country you are in.every country has different policy about bitcoin and nothing we can change about it.they accepted it because they see the positive side.bitcoin is a legal and the government all over the world knows it.
Beymax08

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:10:56 AM

Yes, for me bitcoin is legal. It depends how they use bitcoin, bitcoin is not to be blamed only those people (the user)  make the wrong doings by the use of bitcoin.

GSC Platform ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▌█▐ Whitepaper ▌█▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█ Ann ▌█▐
▐▌Telegram▐▌Twitter▐▌Reddit▐▌Medium▐▌Linkedin▐▌Facebook▐▌Instagram▐▌Youtube▐▌
sunita01

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:12:54 AM

Bitcoin is legal but some countries do not accept it as their currency. Currency exchangers are allowed, but government business can not be in Bitcoin. Be sure to accept any bitcoin one day or so.
playful69

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:42:35 AM

The fact that bitcoin can be anonymously used to conduct transactions between any account holders, anywhere and anytime across the globe, makes it attractive to criminal elements. they may use bitcoins to buy or sell illegal goods like drugs and weapons. most countries have not clearly made determinations on the legality of bitcoin, preferring instead tobtake a wait-and-see approach. some countries have indirectly assented to the legal usage of bitcoins by enacting some regulatory oversight. however, bitcoin is never legally acceptable as a substitute for a country's legal tender.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:46:32 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.

I do believe on that last thing you said, most of the countries today are actually banning bitcoins because it does really affects their own economy. I like the way how japan handle cryptocurrency because they mine bitcoins and use the profit to improve their own economy.

andisuk

Activity: 334

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:48:04 AM

bitcoin is universal so anyone has the right to have it and that is clear and if there is a ban on the use or ownership of bitcoin it is also not good, although it is forbidden there must be people who can still have bitcoin

ryanto siyanto

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:29:18 AM

bitcoin is universal so anyone has the right to have it and that is clear and if there is a ban on the use or ownership of bitcoin it is also not good, although it is forbidden there must be people who can still have bitcoin
I agree with your opinion!
Universal things will be hard to prevent. Moreover, bitcoin already felt and considered useful. To ban it requires certain laws and does not endanger bitcoint users. In his heart is fair to everyone.
RACallanta

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:35:16 AM

in other country bitcoin is not legalso because of the many reasons. but here in the Philippines bitcoin is not legal but also not illegal,but we consider it as a legal. for now our government official started to operate this kind of cryptocurrency so that this bitcoin will be going to legal here at my country..

S M A R T   Q U O R U M
ANNTelegramWhitepapersmartquorum.comOnepagerDiscordTwitter
The First POS Coin To Fuel Blockchain Market Boom
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:37:10 AM

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency should be legalize in every country because it brings wealthy to people. The only bad thing about bitcoins is that, it can be used for illegal transactions so lets just work hard and do the good things because bitcoins can really end the poverty in every country.
czhen

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:51:05 AM

Today, many policymakers in the world already know about digital currencies like Bitcoin, but many of them have not made legal or legal rules about digital currency because of the complexity of digital currencies like Bitcoin - whether Bitcoin should be set as one currency ? Payment instrument? Or investment assets?
Therefore, many warnings and directives from central banks and the authority of financial policymakers in various countries are warning that Bitcoin has not been recognized by the state as an investment asset, instrument of payment, or a legal currency. Some of these institutions are concerned about the stability of the country's financial system, if large-scale adoption of Bitcoin takes place in the country,
But as time passes, some countries begin to look at Bitcoin and digital currencies with different perspectives, and try to impose rules on the digital currency.
Japan is one of the countries that legalize Bitcoin as a legitimate payment instrument in the country.
While in my country Indonesia bitcoin has no legality but they do not set rules that specifically prohibit the use of Bitcoin. This means that owners of Bitcoin can still be free to trade with the currency. However, there is no legal protection in cases of theft or fraud involving the virtual currency.
And hopefully there will be good news for this problem.
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:39:01 AM

of course bitcoin in china and japan and even american countries have legalized their bitcoin transaction to appreciate the development of this new financial technology hopefully from bitcoin other world digital currencies can develop for the better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: