Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin legal???  (Read 2972 times)
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

For some countries, bitcoin is still illegal and can not be used as a means of exchange, such as money.
At least for now trading with exchangers that can be exchanged with Fiat
hibiscus

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:55:38 PM

Bitcoin  is legal in some countries mean time some other countries are banned it. Most of the industrially developed countries in Europe and America are bitcoin loving countries such as USA, UK, Australia.,Belgium, Brazil Canada, Colombia,.Croatia ,Czech republic, Cyprus Denmark ,France Germany, hong Kong,,Israel, Italy Japan ,Ukraine, Newzeland ,Norway, Poland Singapore Slovenia, South Korea Spain, and switzerland sweden,turkey. Bitcoin Banned countries are there such as Iceland vietnam Bolivia
Norway Poland etc.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:09:53 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 08:17:29 PM by Magister Magus

Bitcoin can't be illegal: until it remains online, it has nothing to do with money, it's just a videogame.
And no authority can prevent selling and buying points of a videogame!
Of course, governments can make illegal for normal entities (banks, shops, companies) to use these points, but in no way they can control what private citizens do.
So, all the big claim about "banning" bitcoin have the only aim to scare the population and to manipulate the market.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:36:17 PM

bitcoin is illegal in my country and the government always declarate if we don't invest in crypto currency and in my country bitcoin can't using as a payment methode but I don't care about that, enthusiasts of bitcoin in my country are continue to grow and a lot of people in my country still earn and invest in crypto currency eventhough we can't using it but we can exchange bitcoin to local currency.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:21:03 PM

Exactly, you confirm what I just said: even if governments declare that bitcoin is illegal, they can stop people to make their trades in bitcoin.
Of course it can be difficutl to exchange in local currency, but when you have a lot of bitcoin, you can easily find a way to use them :-)

bitcoin is illegal in my country and the government always declarate if we don't invest in crypto currency and in my country bitcoin can't using as a payment methode but I don't care about that, enthusiasts of bitcoin in my country are continue to grow and a lot of people in my country still earn and invest in crypto currency eventhough we can't using it but we can exchange bitcoin to local currency.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
kanna

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:11:12 PM

I think that there needs to be a further distinction to be made between regulation of the cryptocurrency itself (is it a commodity or a currency, is it legal tender?) and cryptocurrency businesses (are they money transmitters, do they need licenses?). In a few countries the considerations are tied together - in most others, they have been dealt with separately.
btcefeyigit39

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:19:29 PM

The crypto money world continues to be popular. the money in the market is increasing. some states accept crypt money as legal.
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:22:32 PM

We don't know; actually, bitcoin are just some points in a strange videogame, so there is no sense to define them "illegal".
But of course it could be a problem to change them in fiat money, if the government decide to ban them.
saiteja01

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:24:51 PM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.
We should not deviate the Gail’s of this thread. This is not bitcoin thread.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:30:25 PM

A very frequent question asked at the forum, I still think that bitcoin is more legal than illegal, many countries are very positive about bitcoin and other crypto currencies, and therefore they have a large volume of money, unlike other countries.
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:33:57 PM

Bitcoin is legal here in the USA. I dont belive there is any laws against purchasing,trading it,using it or sell it. As long as you pay your taxes on your earnings there is nothing illegal about it. At least for now!

eydrea

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:49:07 PM

At the moment i consider bitcoin legal. I know our country doesnt support this bitcoin but they are not banning it. There is no movement from our country to ban this. I think it depends on what country you are, because they said that there are some countries who bans it.
btcefeyigit39

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:31:49 PM

governments want to get tax to make money from crypto money. The crypto money world is growing well. people's interest is growing. It's legal now.
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:19:47 AM

There is still a lot of confusion in the field, probably because most governments have no idea what bitcoin is and what to do with it.
Probably will be in the future a common position from biggest countries, and the other will follow.
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:27:07 AM

There is still a lot of confusion in the field, probably because most governments have no idea what bitcoin is and what to do with it.
Probably will be in the future a common position from biggest countries, and the other will follow.

Yes,bitcoin is legal in our people even the government did not know about bitcoin or idea what is bitcoin and what is the world of cryotocurrency but for me or other people is bitcoin is legal because this is the new currency  and its very helpful on poor people and theres a big chance to end our poverty so that bitcoin is legal surely.

Baton55

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:31:28 AM

Laws on currency and its distribution were made decades ago. Laws were meant to control and limit counterfeit physical currency. Bitcoin is a
CryptoCurrency. A currency that isn’t physically tangible. I've done some research, and I haven’t come across a law that prohibits the usage of such currency probably because people hadn’t expected or forseen a currency as such. Some countries of late have banned bitcoin in light that it could lead to money laundering. However, a majority of laws don’t necessarily pertain to cryptocurrencies by its very definition and if you aren’t breaking the law, it isn’t illegal.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:21:28 AM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.
Bitcoin is the firet digital currency that used, bitcoin have many advantages and benefits but the government againsts in this so that hey decide to banned it in their country. The bitcoin is depend on the country if it a legal pr illegal before the dogital currency is enter in one country the government review it. Also the banks and government is a partner
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:02:35 AM

There are a lot of discussions about this topic, but there isn't too much to say: it dependes very much from the country where you live in.
Btw, governments can only make big claim trying to scare the population, but there is no way to control the use of bitcoin.
Eventually, there can be some trouble when you try to exchange them in fiat currency, but until you use bitcoin online, may be with tot, there is little that government can do.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:39:50 AM

There are some countries that say Legal However Not Recommended This status is typically imposed by countries that have not yet taken a definite attitude regarding Bitcoin, but have assessed the currency as a risky instrument that needs to be wary.
As a virtual currency free from any state authority, regulation and legal status may not be the most noticed of Bitcoin. But the authority of the government that prohibits or even punishes the user Bitcoin obviously could hamper the growth of the currency globally. Therefore, the development of regulation from various countries almost always become important news that affect the movement of Bitcoin.
Baron12

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:42:30 AM

Yes it's legal here in our country because most of the banks here supported bitcoin and the good news is the one bank made a blockchain payment system

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: