Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin legal???  (Read 2981 times)
Maveric99

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

yes you are very right legality is executed if the country where we live has inaugurated the bitcoin itself. perhaps my country in Indonesia has not allowed because there are still many jobs in development and development itself where the government has not focused to overcome the bitcoin itself, I hope maybe in the next period in the next few years can receive and resolve bitcoin well.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

Legality depends on the country, in some countries it is proclaimed as illegal by governments, but in most part of the world it is not prohibited, sometimes there are only some restrictions.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:41:54 AM

There is no doubt how your region you residents determine if bitcoin is legal or not. For instance in a county like Japan crypto is a legal asset and it can be tender for exchange purpose, whereas in a county like Brazil you can't tender bitcoin.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:44:02 AM

Bitcoin is legal as there has not being a law put in place to declare them illegal and to declare it a crime to use bitcoin. Although this can also greatly depend on the country where you reside as there are some countries that has banned the use of bitcoin but it is a small number. Bitcoin is still legal and you have no problems using it, as long as your country hasn't banned it.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:44:32 AM

In our country, as far as legalities are concern, i think bitcoin is not legal. Especially that they dont have any permits or any tax regulation that giude them, bitcoin continue to be illegal, but not in the sense that it is a scam, its just that the government is still studying on what regulation they should apply on bitcoin
Onit008

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:50:03 AM

In addition, I think bitcoin is legal.  In main times, bitcoin ia the best project. In main times, many country has bitcoin project. So I think this is the legal project.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:04:52 PM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.

Right, I agree with your post and as long I can use bitcoin to get profit and alternative payment is enough for me. Every country has different policy about bitcoin and nothing we can change about it. I believe most of us really not care about legal or not, as long profitable they will take the chance. Not impossible bitcoin become legal around the world, just need time and we'll see it happen.

But China doesn't agree about bitcoin even the have a large of ICO supply in cryptoworld.  Bitcoin does dump when the china banned bitcoin.  In Philippines, it is not too popular but if it will popular soon, it could be more good to some people who doesn't any work but can invest and also to the investor who want a good money.

As long as the time goes, there are too many countries banned bitcoin but is it not easy to kill bitcoin as long as the market, circulate.

Yes, it is depend on where you are because when you are at the other countries, it is too hard to get use of bitcoin or meaning, it was useless.
oliviancool

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:32:09 PM

It depends on what country you are in because I know that in some states in the US, cryptocurrency is not allowed at a lot.
amory_adam

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

I dont know about another country but In my country, the government doesn't yet have rules that govern cryptocurrency.
pavelkor

Activity: 259
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:08:01 PM

Why not? Can be sending money to any places on the earth be illigal? Or, shit, u have to pay taxes before and wait to approve from banks, 21 century has not time for this old shit, time now is very precious resourse, so it costs alot, thats why crypto is needed.
jherenz

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:10:52 PM

It depends in what country you living, some of countries didn't allow bitcoin as a payment o any other online transactions.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:12:46 PM

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement agencies, tax authorities, and legal regulators, all of which are trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into existing frameworks. The legality of your bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you are doing with it.
In some countries cryptocurrency as a whole is prohibited. Maybe because it's "decentralized" and those countries want to regulate the distribution of these but can't. But in some countries and even establishments are starting to accept cryptocurrency as a payment methods which is nice.
Dandyhunter

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:17:21 PM

Bitcoin is legal in my country. But people still do not trust crypto currency, because they know little about it. I am confident that this will change soon.
riska hanissa

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:35:22 PM

Bitcoin's legality is highly dependent on the country of its users, as not all countries legalize bitcoin, as it exists in Indonesia, even today bitcoin has no special rules set by the state, and even the government forbids to have bitcoin, since no agency guarantees the security of bitcoin in Indonesia.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
martinrep

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

My opinion is that it can not be considered illegal unlawfully. because every person can spend their own means, including crypto currency, as he himself wants.
Derelikt999

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

Very few countries have gone as far as to declare bitcoin illegal. That does not, however, mean that bitcoin is "legal tender" - so far, only Japan has gone as far as to give bitcoin that designation. However, just because something isn't legal tender, does not mean that it cannot be used for payment - it just means that there are no protections for either the consumer or the merchant, and that its use as payment is completely discretionary.Other jurisdictions are still mulling what steps to take. The approaches vary: some smaller nations such as Zimbabwe have few qualms about making brash pronouncements casting doubts on bitcoin's legality.
SingAlong

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:03:52 AM

Until now there are no clear understanding and there are no respected laws or rules about being legalized of bitcoin or illegal. But now the opinion of the people are divided some countries accept bitcoin as the new payment system.while some other countries banned this system because of the possibilities of being used it as instruments in doing illegal activities.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
Mike Tyson

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:20:59 AM

In my opinion, Most countries do not accept bitcoin as legal, because they have no strong base and reserves and it is still difficult to obtain legality all over the world. I guess this is not an easy thing and the legality is quite difficult to achieve. And I think Bitcoin is decentralized, it can not be done easily. some countries even prohibit the use of transactions directly using bitcoin. if investing and trading are still many that are possible.

andradwi

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:21:42 AM

hopefully in my country BTC soon in legalkan. because in my country have a lot of transactions using BTC. I hope the government and financial institutions in my country can review the legal BTC. hopefully this can be realized
Jenits

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:25:05 AM

in my own opinion Bitcoin is legal but here in my country they are using the name of bitcoin to scam other people
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: