Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7102 times)
conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:15:17 PM

Hold those Bounty Token that have great potential in the future sell those who you didnt think will make it. This is my mindset about this. Selling bounty token on  their first distribution  making you early profit so still not a lose for me but HODLing coins with great potential is not a problem.

Malkazimir

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

Bounty allows you to receive a good reward, regardless of the standard of living and the country of residence. This has nothing to do with the chosen strategy - to hold or sell quickly. Any person evaluates their risks and chooses the best for themselves. But I doubt that the matter is in the lack of food. I think it's about understanding the processes that happen in crypto.
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 01:33:45 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I was also like you in the beginning wherein there is a BIG question in my head why the rush to sell their hard earned tokens when in fact they can hold it for some time a better return. Now that Ive realized that some tokens hardly recovers after the big dumps, I can say that those hunters really badly needed it and can't wait that long for its price to recover. But if you're a hard fanatic of that certain token, hodling may be the best option for you. Still a research and constant monitoring of a particular token is deemed necessary. Happy hunting!

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:35:59 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 02:08:02 PM by jpoker272727

Bounty allows you to receive a good reward, regardless of the standard of living and the country of residence. This has nothing to do with the chosen strategy - to hold or sell quickly. Any person evaluates their risks and chooses the best for themselves. But I doubt that the matter is in the lack of food. I think it's about understanding the processes that happen in crypto.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

I was like you hlding all my coin even during the December rally I was holding thinking it is the beginning og the good days. Surprisingly my portfolio of $9k USD isnow worth $1.5K Usd and another one that was $5K Usd is now worth $1094USD. To me I think if you are around at the listing time sell half and hold and watch the market.
kiwasmose

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:47:33 AM

I will hold for a while. If the token goes to the stock exchange, there will usually be some gains. At this time, I will choose to sell it to bitcoin. According to probability analysis in the past few years, about 90% of tokens are of no value. So selling or holding needs to see your financial situation. My suggestion is to change bitcoins into the exchange after entering the exchange.
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:48:53 AM

Early when I got a bounty rewards I always thought to sell it not just a bounty rewads but also a coin which I got from faucet or solved captcha like XRB.

Mid-year 2017 I learned a lot that will earn more money if I have more patience to keep it for some time and sale if conditions are urgent because need some funds, or sell because their prices are in compliance with the ICO price or above the ICO price.

Don't sell all, only partly to see the progress of the project, and this is proven when saving several hundred XRBs and the price soar high when the captcha solved is stopped by the developer I got more than 0.5 BTC and I happy about my strategy.
Fonneda

Activity: 161

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:49:09 AM

Almost any new tokens, which are first listed on the stock exchange, begin to depreciate at first. Many members of the generosity campaign try to sell them immediately, regardless of whether the token and its project are promising for its growth, or not. Indeed, in many respects this is due to the fact that the holders of the tokens urgently need fiat money to pay the bills.  Therefore, in part, they are sold compulsorily, because of the circumstances and do not depend on the desire of their owners. Therefore, many ICO companies pay earned tokens to members of the generosity campaign in parts or block for some time their any movement from the wallet after payment.
IraKit

Activity: 444
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:50:41 AM

I prefer to hold bounty rewards. I believe that this market is still very young and in the future it will grow and with it the value of tokens of new technological projects will rise.
WorkingDead84

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

I do not see the point of selling tokens if they did not grow at least 10-20 times. I think that this is a win-win lottery ticket - the price will not go down below. You can always sell if there is a need. There is a high probability that the project will develop and the price will increase.
raresh

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:45:47 PM

When the bounty campaign is proper and thorougly researched, the tokens these companies will eventually distribute are the ones i am really intrested in having. Why sell them immediatly? I think we should(if possible) think long term in this market.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:48:47 PM

if i personaly, i definitely hold it until the price increases.
torres99

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:51:59 PM

There is a two way to do on your bounty rewards its either you sell the half if you need money as well as it profitable for you as long the price is good. The other is hodl the half because in long term holding maybe the token will goes up and going to the moon and is its profitable cause you had holdings for that the good choice to do
marydale

Activity: 83

Equitybase

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:52:31 PM

What I did was hold them first and look for any opportunity that may come. Will it be more wise to hold given how it behaves in the market or not? That is one of the few things I consider. Another is use it to trade of other desirable coins.
Or maybe sell them. But ultimately, holding your assets always prove beneficial even for me in the past.

equitybase (https://equitybase.co): Crypto Real Estate Exchange
Mr Batman

Activity: 378

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:54:12 PM

I will sell it and buy ETH, because I think ETH has more of a future.

netadacadug

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:13:47 PM

If i recieve a token from my bounty i will sell it directly if the token is listed to the exchange coz i needmoney and i join in bounty to get xtra income, if the token is not listed in market thats the time that i hold it and i wait, maybe if you have enough money and you dont need it automaticaly its yours to hold your coin, but some of us joining here is to get money and xtra income so whats the reason that you hold it if you need? That is my opinion and share what i am about the topic above
Card

Activity: 263

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:59:57 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
in my opinion it all depends what coins you get from bounty. if the coins you get have great potential in the future will be better resisted, because this will give you an advantage in the future. but if the coins you get less potential will be better you sell.

narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:03:57 PM

I prefer to hodl it a little more because the demand was going to up whenever they start to sell or to the market the demand was going to up more so i prefer tp hodl it a little bit so you can gain more profits

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:05:08 PM

For me the best idea is to split amount for two parts like in risky investing, try to sell part that you really need and second one just hodl and maybe you will get some profit in future.
Devawnm367

Activity: 1036
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:11:51 PM

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

My country fits the description so I'm going to comment on this. And you're right, they don't even hold Bitcoin so why would they hold any tokens they get from some bounty campaigns? Yes, they need the money so they'll just sell their rewards for some ETH then sell it for some cash. Even when so many people say that their tokens will rise in value. They're still young though, most of bounty hunters I know is ranged between 18-25 yo. So that's also might be the case why they're always sell their rewards right away.

And same with me, I got my first token from an airdrop last month (POLY) and sold them yesterday when I finally understand enough about how Etherdelta works. Even with BTC -I get paid in BTC monthly by some company- I almost never hold it for long even though I don't need the money at all. Thus saving some coins every month will be my resolution of 2018.
I completely aggree with bitrent, im 25 and im going to try and hold but right now im taking care of my sick mother in law on hospice so i cant work and its hard but  if i do sell i want to sell in the green and not the red but while bitcoin is half off its almost best to exchange for btc and eth, and hodl because i think eth will be worth as much as btc here this year or next can someone with ico experience check out my bounty and tell me if you think i should hold or sell please send me a pm with your opinion i think they have a great idea but they dont have a big fanbase so when i reciece my bounty should i hodl or sell!!!!!! Thanks btc fam

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: