Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:32:20 PM

They've said in their previous updates that the LCD screens are late, there was an inductor problem so they needed to wait a week for those to come in (Which was said last week, so they probably should have shown up by now), that the software for the LCD would take three days to write, and that the web interface wasn't done yet.

So it sounds more like software issues than hardware.  Probably assembly is happening but they have to apply the software to the machines and get them working before they ship out.  I would hope they are doing some burn-in testing as well which can eat up time.  Last thing anyone wants is to the get a broken non-working miner because they rushed through the software and missed some bugs, or some hardware component fails.

But an official update covering everyone's questions would be nice to have.

That was addressed already:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294197.msg6718306#msg6718306

What else you got?

Why do you think this was addressed already? Black Arrow has said nothing about what happens to compensation since they missed another deadline. The market price has dropped significantly since they announced the first compensation plan and set their own deadline. The deadline has passed and the market price has dropped. So ....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 07:33:47 PM

They've said in their previous updates that the LCD screens are late, there was an inductor problem so they needed to wait a week for those to come in (Which was said last week, so they probably should have shown up by now), that the software for the LCD would take three days to write, and that the web interface wasn't done yet.

So it sounds more like software issues than hardware.  Probably assembly is happening but they have to apply the software to the machines and get them working before they ship out.  I would hope they are doing some burn-in testing as well which can eat up time.  Last thing anyone wants is to the get a broken non-working miner because they rushed through the software and missed some bugs, or some hardware component fails.

What else you got?

What do you this was addressed already? Black Arrow has said nothing about what happens to compensation since they missed another deadline. The market price has dropped significantly since they announced the first compensation plan and set their own deadline. The deadline has passed and the market price has dropped. So ....

Was being facetious Pistachio, we on the same team.  Team misery.  Was quoting more for lack of real, substantial updates.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:34:30 PM

What else you got?

What do you this was addressed already? Black Arrow has said nothing about what happens to compensation since they missed another deadline. The market price has dropped significantly since they announced the first compensation plan and set their own deadline. The deadline has passed and the market price has dropped. So ....

Was being facetious Pistachio, we on the same team.  Team misery.  Was quoting more for lack of real, substantial updates.

I see, never mind.
me2014

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:43:47 PM

Really need an update BA, we know you are reading this. Give us an update on shipping and compensation, that is what we REALLY want.
+ 100 Cheesy
btcminer84

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:00:15 PM

that is what we REALLY want.

I just want REALLY a Refund as I asked for it today here. My calculation per 1 GH/s is: The power consumption (0.75w and above) are to expensive right now to ROI. The power costs are higher than the Mining earning result.
AchrafB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:02:58 PM

be patient in the name of the one God ! its just a matter of days n ur excited like a silly !

BTC: 1Hqwet9aNBifehWRptzKyBKnvgw4VzeHh8
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:04:34 PM

be patient in the name of the one God ! its just a matter of days n ur excited like a silly !

Which one I think every one has been prayed too so far with out much use .

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
me2014

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:07:22 PM

that is what we REALLY want.

I just want REALLY a Refund as I asked for today here.

I want it more than anything but it is far from possible right now..so for now we should stick for new compensate and delivery date and if that doesnt happen than we should all add a few more bucks and get some good lawyers so we can end this fairy tale once and for all...
Wookie50

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

I ordered Black Arrow X-3 on December 17 and paid $6,100 at the time which included shipping and wire transfer fees.  X-3 called for a Feb shipping for 2 TH/s. 

We all know what happened to that date.  They weren't even close.  The missed it by such a big mile that it's obvious they were never going to make that date.  The reason given to us was that the power that the early unit was drawing was 1.5W per GH/s and that was going to be uncompetitive.  Seriously?!  The only competitor at the time was the AntMiner S1 and it was drawing 2W per GH/s.  They could have shipped the X-3 in Feb and we would have all been thrilled.  And they would have had extra months to get X-3A out with a better power draw.

So, now we are mid-May with a promise that one day we'll get a 3 TH/s for the cost of an additional power supply.  I ordered the power supply about 2 weeks ago from MineSource for an additional $255 putting the entire cost about $6,400 for 3TH/s with no idea when I'd get it.

YESTERDAY, I decided to also order 2 units of Spondoolies SP-10 with a promised hash rate of 3TH/s.  I reached out to Guy Corem, the CEO of Spondoolies who offered me a deal to purchase 2 SP-10's for $6,000 including shipping.  I paid something like 13.5 BTC ... and to my surprise, I already got a DHL tracking number for my order!  GREAT WORK, Spondoolies -- wow, what a great company.

So, I'm out $6,400 with BA since December for a 3TH/s product with an unknown ship date and another $6,000 for 3TH/s which I paid yesterday and will receive in the next couple of days.

I am not asking for a BA refund because I really want to know how this story turns out.  Even if I get a better deal from BA, I'm not even sure I'll have enough electricity to run it.

BA -- please take some lessons from your competition.  Spondoolies rock!
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:32:49 PM

They would never have shipped in February.  They didn't have anything.  They didn't have cases, fans, heat syncs, touch screens, interface software, power supplies, nothing.  Even today they have the chips but they are still waiting on other parts.  They could never have shipped in February, didn't matter what the power was on their testing, it wouldn't of mattered.  They just told everyone February to drum up sales to fund this operation.  If they had said, "We'll have a miner in May or June" most people wouldn't have ordered through them.

But hindsight is 20/20.  People think they would have all bought Antminers, but my guess is that most people would have sunk their money in KNC or BFL or Cointerra or one of the various other outfits and be just as disappointed (if not more so in some cases) than they are now.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:46:01 PM

They would never have shipped in February.  They didn't have anything.  They didn't have cases, fans, heat syncs, touch screens, interface software, power supplies, nothing.  Even today they have the chips but they are still waiting on other parts.  They could never have shipped in February, didn't matter what the power was on their testing, it wouldn't of mattered.  They just told everyone February to drum up sales to fund this operation.  If they had said, "We'll have a miner in May or June" most people wouldn't have ordered through them.

But hindsight is 20/20.  People think they would have all bought Antminers, but my guess is that most people would have sunk their money in KNC or BFL or Cointerra or one of the various other outfits and be just as disappointed (if not more so in some cases) than they are now.

Actually I can and did sink my money into Antminers once February was delayed for BA.  Once they announced the delay, first thing I did was order 1 Ant for 1.45 BTC.

Several Ants later, that first February Ant ROI'ed for me and then some.

Sold off most of them, but I still keep that first Ant just for proof that you can ROI in this mining game, if you buy from stock not shitty pre orders.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tempestb

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:51:55 PM

When they didn't make February sure, but since most people put orders in before January 1 to be in the first batch, and since Antminers didn't start selling until January 15th it's all hindsight now.  Who would have known?  

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

The super awesome lcds that increase my hash by how much? Oh that is right, fucking nothing! who gives a shit, lcds and touch screens were a big deal with the iphone first came out, no one is impressed by that stupid crap any more. Unless, guys, the entire time, their market has been on the newest types of users into the bitcoin playing field. Those who aren't going to realize they are over paying for a piece of equipment because they don't realize what the competition offers. That they are going to be blinded by all the razzmatazz of the lcd screen! Because the people who had to edit config files and create batch files to run miners are the ones rioting in the streets for lcds.. Yeah it is a nice touch if it doesn't slow down actual production of the units.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:00:31 PM

When they didn't make February sure, but since most people put orders in before January 1 to be in the first batch, and since Antminers didn't start selling until January 15th it's all hindsight now.  Who would have known?  

Who ever would have guessed that there was a company out there that would wait until they actually had hardware to sell before they started actually selling hardware! Bitmain is the MAIN contender in the btc game. Talk about shitting all over black arrow. So the only thing black arrow has bitmain beat by is power? Ba's chips are like 33% more efficient? Coming out almost 6 months later. LMFAO. Totally missed the boat.

I have to give black arrow a teeny bit of credit for not just throwing the towel in. At least they set their minds to something and are working on finishing it despite all the proverbial stink eyes they have been getting here.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

Not to pick on you, but Antminers have been selling since the very first Group buy by Sushi way back in late November.  Retail and resellers everywhere in December.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tempestb

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:14:00 PM

Not to pick on you, but Antminers have been selling since the very first Group buy by Sushi way back in late November.  Retail and resellers everywhere in December.

Interesting since their post takes orders on January 15th and it says orders would ship on the 25th.  Posted by Bitmain - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417159.0;topicseen

But I guess that is wrong.  That's cool.  Can only work with the evidence on hand.

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:18:21 PM

Interesting since their post takes orders on January 15th and it says orders would ship on the 25th.  Posted by Bitmain - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417159.0;topicseen

But I guess that is wrong.  That's cool.  Can only work with the evidence on hand.

Learn how to forum search:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353650.0

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tempestb

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:34:02 PM

I see you're right.  The evidence was there to buy Antminers back in November.  I guess you just made a bad decision and chose the wrong company to go with.  Oh well, I tried to argue in your favor.  I'll take the search lessons and work on my future postings to be more accurate.

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 09:35:17 PM

I see you're right.  The evidence was there to buy Antminers back in November.  I guess we you just made a bad decision and chose the wrong company to go with.  Oh well, I tried to argue in your favor.  I'll take the search lessons and work on my future postings to be more accurate.

Finally agree on something.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:50:07 PM

You know what I find funny, we get a shit for an update on LCD's... BA has guaranteed ROI in the past and yet here we are with nothing to show yet and units are still at least two to three weeks out.

To be decided...
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: