Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:49:53 AM

Sorry for being negative everyone. I just keep seeing the Bitcoin price rise and have major freak outs.

Smiley

I will try to be more positive. I just really want to see some TH/s online.

My preference is for Ken to actually get us listed on an exchange again. Colored Coins sounds nice, but months off (or longer) from being a reality.

While it is a pain moving from exchange to exchange, it really needs to be done for shareholders. Some want to buy, some want to sell. I don't want Ken spending his time trying to facilitate exchanges. Just spend the time, get us on an exchange, and let them do it all.

Havelock seem in the best position.

I agree, I know Ken wants a long term option but we need to be able to trade our shares. I vote Havelock too, take the setup fee from the mining address.

The next 6 weeks will be make or break for this company and we must be allowed to trade. If Ken does not have us on an exchange this week then the only option is to start direct share trading. Now I am sure setting us up on Havelock for 2 months is a far better option than Ken having to update his database/excel 100 times a day.

We cannot be barred from trading, we need an option right now even if its only for a month or two.
interJ

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:52:27 AM

Just of note...we already ARE set up on cryptostocks. I understand that it may not be the best long-term solution (transfer all in, only to likely have to transfer them all out upon inevitable shutdown/coloured coin solution)....but I do agree that there needs to be a push for trading to be viable SOMEWHERE.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 04:59:45 AM

Just of note...we already ARE set up on cryptostocks. I understand that it may not be the best long-term solution (transfer all in, only to likely have to transfer them all out upon inevitable shutdown/coloured coin solution)....but I do agree that there needs to be a push for trading to be viable SOMEWHERE.
this.  he already has things setup on cryptostocks so it would most likely be the quickest solution with the least amount of work.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:04:38 AM

this.  he already has things setup on cryptostocks so it would most likely be the quickest solution with the least amount of work.

I have already asked Ken to move my shares onto cryptostocks for the short term and he said no.
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:15:31 AM

this.  he already has things setup on cryptostocks so it would most likely be the quickest solution with the least amount of work.

I have already asked Ken to move my shares onto cryptostocks for the short term and he said no.
of course he said no.  why would he want to move just your shares to cryptostocks for the short term?  now if he moved everyone's shares and it wasnt just for a short term then that would make sense.

-edit: did you try to offer him $5000?
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:52:00 AM

Sorry for being negative everyone. I just keep seeing the Bitcoin price rise and have major freak outs.

Smiley

My preference is for Ken to actually get us listed on an exchange again. Colored Coins sounds nice, but months off (or longer) from being a reality.

While it is a pain moving from exchange to exchange, it really needs to be done for shareholders. Some want to buy, some want to sell. I don't want Ken spending his time trying to facilitate exchanges. Just spend the time, get us on an exchange, and let them do it all.

Havelock seem in the best position.

I agree, I know Ken wants a long term option but we need to be able to trade our shares. I vote Havelock too, take the setup fee from the mining address.

The next 6 weeks will be make or break for this company and we must be allowed to trade. If Ken does not have us on an exchange this week then the only option is to start direct share trading. Now I am sure setting us up on Havelock for 2 months is a far better option than Ken having to update his database/excel 100 times a day.

We cannot be barred from trading, we need an option right now even if its only for a month or two.

Good idea. Its would be like satoshi dust from each shareholder.

LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:59:10 AM

This whole thread reminds me of a play by Sam Beckett

"Pale for weariness...Of climbing heaven and gazing on the likes of us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acXfUGO1f5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bn1Sd4j2No

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:43:34 AM

Why doesn't Ken point all the prototypes towards our TEAM AMC?

Effayy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:25:04 AM

If I had to take a guess, it's because we're not to be given any information on the prototypes at this time, therefore even having them hashing on a known address would be giving away too much info.

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
iSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:00:35 AM

DTS could you for the love of god stop spamming this thread with "mimimi, we won't be hashing at 3TH tomorrow" or "I need to trade my share NOW or the company will break".

You should by now have noticed that Ken is NOT responding to your moaning. I can't tell you if this is good (preparing hardware) or bad (gulping down Gin because the ASICs are worth shit).

You gambled way too much on an unregulated asset on a probably illegal trading platform, so please man up and STFU.
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:16:20 AM

good (preparing hardware)
I'm hoping for this.

bad (gulping down Gin because the ASICs are worth shit)
I'm expecting this.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:30:18 AM

Amidst the constant negs and nags, I'd just like to say, thanks Ken for your work so far, I appreciate it.

Nil illegitimi carborundum!

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:45:08 PM

Just to increase the positive vibe on here (!) this move on BTC at this time is for us just incredibly good news.

Imagine if we were still sitting at $100 per BTC - people would be doubting the future of the currency never mind ACtM.

As it stands we will be receiving massive benefits on the Mining Hardware sales side which will further assist our re-investment fund.

What we will see soon if not already is a significant positive-loop feedback effect. As BTC goes higher the more online sales we get and the more FIAT we have to pump back into chip production. Then we will have more machines being produced to fill the orders/more orders come in as BTC rises etc etc etc.

And with the fast ordering potential of eASIC we can turnaround massive volumes of chips in such a short amount of time that we will have a significant advantage over our competitors.

We are a few short weeks away from maximum-thrust lift off! OMG this is so exciting. Anyone else feel the love?

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:55:47 PM

Smiley

You've made this apology before but yet you persist.

Cut it out or put yourself in the firing line.   Your choice.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:05:37 PM

I am guessing by the lack of urgency in Ken's posts towards getting us trading again that we will not have much of a reason to trade in that time.

So no decent mining rate for the whole of November? If that is the case we can certainly say something has gone wrong. Even die hard fans must now admit that something went bad because this is way beyond any schedule.

My fear is that we will have less than 10TH/s when Bitcoin passes $1,000 making any chance of getting our Bitcoin back impossible.

One time you can almost guarantee Ken appearing online and contributing is whenever there is talk of alternative trading platforms.  This is very bullish because it tells us that Ken is so confident that we are sitting on some real potential here, he is very keen to get the trading issues sorted.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

What we will see soon if not already is a significant positive-loop feedback effect. As BTC goes higher the more online sales we get and the more FIAT we have to pump back into chip production. Then we will have more machines being produced to fill the orders/more orders come in as BTC rises etc etc etc.

You do understand as the price goes up, we have more reason to mine for ourselves than sell equipment at the $100/BTC equipment price points currently on the website?

A 25TH Unit (Base Unit + Full Expansion Case) would bring in ~265BTC in December Alone.
The cost of one of these is ~$140k (26BTC Profit for whoever buys it now, IF shipped by december 1st)

The price of BTC is only going up, I'd be surprised if it didn't pass $1,000 by the end of the year considering China's push and http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-18/u-s-agencies-to-say-bitcoins-offer-legitimate-benefits.html

Again with Coinbase's 500 Coin Daily Sell Limit getting this changed into fiat for spending on more equipment would be a simple and painless process.

Either way though it is exciting.

Edit: Should do the AM Strategy and only sell what we can't put online ourselves, in stock, at price points that reflect the immediate market value.
Hell the only reason AM *Sold* equipment was because they would have taken too much of the network at the beginning, they needed to spread it out as to not cause a panic. I doubt this issue will happen with ActM considering the amount of hashrate currently out there but I wouldn't mind a problem like that Tongue
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:13:49 PM

This is very bullish

I agree Freddie, infact, I predict a BREAKTHRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjU-XVcbX_A
LorenzoMoney

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:23:36 PM

There are two other Latin mottos which really are more appropriate in this situation and for this thread:

acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt - mortal actions never deceive the gods

acta non verba - actions speak louder than words - trite but sounds cool and poetic in Latin

Here is a third Latin motto which really is better than your lame offering:

Plato and Bacon (Roger the philosopher not Kevin the actor) said, Amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas (Plato is my friend, truth is my better friend.)

Lorenzo Money sez: Amicus Ken Slaughter, sed magis amica eventum.

Translation: Ken is my friend; Effective results are my better friend.

Amidst the constant negs and nags, I'd just like to say, thanks Ken for your work so far, I appreciate it.

Nil illegitimi carborundum!

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:25:21 PM

You do understand as the price goes up, we have more reason to mine for ourselves than sell equipment at the $100/BTC equipment price points currently on the website?

Sure sure I understand all that and so does Ken. But at the moment our online customers are our central source of income so we need to take the orders, and fill those orders, and ship them at top speed.

We have responsibilities to our customers who are financing our development right now - lets not forget online sales represent immediate finances which can be turned around quickly into new stock whereas mining is a more long-term affair. The point being our customers are very important to our success at this stage.

As that is the case and many potential customers will read this thread before deciding to order (or not) maybe we could act a bit more grown up than we have been till now?
LorenzoMoney

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:25:18 PM

As I told Ken months ago, I would have been the best choice for PR guy.
Better than any of you, I can fabricate half truths from implications, and truths from half truths. (Although, Crumbs, in spite of his pretensions of being clever, actually has shown how effective he is in spinning gold from flax.)

If Ken has only chosen me instead of that Streets fellow who conveniently disappeared, although, given the difficulty of getting sufficient information from Ken to produce even an adequate PR notice would have tested anyone.

At this point, speculation and suggestions to Ken are here are a supreme waste of time. Although Ken does read this thread, it really seems to hold little influence on him. Speculation, like gossip is fun, but the collateral damage is evident.

Let's forget all that for the moment. Given the price of Bitcoin, as much of the mining hardware to be produced, that is, if the vaporware even becomes hardware, should be used to mine, mine, mine, mine and mine, and not sold. It should only be sold if a) it is no longer profitable to mine and b) if it becomes more profitable to sell the hardware than mine and c) if there is new, faster, more efficient hardware to mine available to replace it.

Focus should be on building machines to mine, except for the machine at a discounted price (ZFastHash 80 - which is no longer) promised to anyone who bought over 100K shares from the original IPO.

Ken needs to delegate tasks. Someone else can transfer shares. Someone else can write nice, fluffy PR to keep away the wolves.

Yes, we all know Ken is a real person, an adult, not a kid like Trade Fortress, not some scammer like LabCoin's behind the scenes person. We all know Ken really DOES want us all to benefit and make money from ActM. Ken's intentions are not in question here, just his method of communication.  On the other hand, the original reason for putting pressure on Ken to form an advisory board and to find a PR person was because he works alone and in a silo. In effect, nothing has changed in the way he works. He has been strangely consistent.  Or consistently strange. In either case, despite his consistency, Ken has to change and when potential big money is in play, he has to communicate more completely and with greater regularity than he might otherwise previously have been comfortable with. And, I, Lorenzo Money, and prepared to help him with that.

Next.

Eleuthria (the nice fellow who runs BTCGuild) is a great guy, but the Eligius pool run by Luke-jr charges no fees, Luke is helpful and always available and it is easier to see how much is being mined by any particular miner on the Eligius pool than BTCGuild. Ken should use Eligius pool for mining and not any other pool.  http://eligius.st/~gateway/

Remember Butterfly Labs? They took a year to get their machines out the door. They were accused of being frauds and a scam. The whole community was angry at them. (Rightfully so) But, they did finally deliver, albeit it, way too late for their miners to be profitable for buyers. It would be sad if Ken finally did come through but so late in the game that it would not matter.

Until that time, Ken really should use help. He needs to learn to delegate responsibility. He has a sort of a community here with some talented people. He needs to trust someone else. He is acting like the typical small entreprneur who thinks he can do it all alone. Let me sign you NDA with eAsic, and let me talk to you once a week and I will write out a PR blurb that we keep most people moderately happy. In our little family here, there are more than a few people with some serious technical skill. You should use them. If you do not have the HR skills to deal with them, let me be project manager, and we can all get this stuff done quicker and make money sooner.

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: