Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vigil

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:56:31 PM

^ He told me there would be an announcement this month (i.e., Novemeber) about the status or our miners. And we have already deduced we are possibly operating miners from the sample chips.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:57:23 PM

I'm nearly certain that the announcement, if it is indeed forthcoming like I expect it to be, will be mostly focused on our chips. There's really nothing else to announce at this point except maybe the new centralized exchange that we will be listed on and I really doubt that it will be about the exchange as that would be a particularly painful kick in the ol' nads there.
Sou

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:59:29 PM

Are you saying that at this very moment he has no information on miners, no information from eAsic, and no information on the expected hashrate when we get up and running?

I'm not trying to be Ken's excuse man here, he doesn't seem willing or able to explain exactly why we've had the news blackout but he's a grown adult so hopefully he can explain that himself soon. But now that we know news is immanent I don't see much point in more speculation about the reasons for the lack of news.

But I would say it's possible there is no bad news in this upcoming news. It could all have gone swimmingly and to plan? Wishful thinking maybe.

This quote below says otherwise. Why would he edit his previous post that hinted at news coming soon unless news was definitely not coming soon. (If I'm not mistaken this is talking about an exchange or colored coin implementation and has nothing to do with mining)

Edit:  I see what you mean, big news to silence the troll(s).  Well what I was talking about is big news in the form of a software solution that will silence the trolls.
As Pankkake is now a blackmailer requesting BTC to not post.  Why would we not want him to post, because the only thing he post is FUD.

Here he dodged the question from you as he never specified what the announcement will cover. The updates next month could of been the pdf's he gave out on the 15th.

Ken, just wondering if you can help on this one - are VMC going to be giving 'updates' about when they get the first test chips or will the first news we hear be when mining rigs start getting shipped?

Just wondering if there will be a 'we are shipping' release out of the blue one day or we will hear 'updates' leading up to that release?

Also is VMC offering a shareholder price on rigs or do we need to pay retail price?

We will be releasing some updates this next month.

We would love to give our shareholder special prices on rigs and may in the future; however, in this very competitive environment margins are very tight.

The only time I see him stating something about any other announcement is from people who are saying they PM'd Ken and have this super information about an announcement and what it will cover. If that is the case, all Ken has to say is "Yes an announcement is coming soon and it will cover this." I have yet to see him verify any of these "PM"s people are having with him. Now I could be wrong, I would love to be proven wrong.

A New ATH a new round of questioning I suppose lol

All of this is just mental masturbation.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:10:06 PM

Another alternative is that this "big announcement" has nothing to do with the chips.
It might be "now our own trading platform is ready", which in my opinion would be a disappointment (as I have very little interest in trading myself, I want the dividends).

this is what I've said numerous times.  I am prepared for this disappointment

If it implements Colored Coins I would call this AWESOME news.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:15:32 PM

How bout this: if you get the inclination to snark or talk smack to someone DON'T.

If you gotta retort, go ahead and write it out and DON'T post it. Then go and scream into a pillow or something. I can't tell you how many times I've NOT posted some inane comeback with the realization that it added no value whatsoever to this discussion.

It's fucking getting annoying to swim through paragraphs of people talking shit while trying to discern if there is any real valuable information in this thread.

Sadly we have a few little twats on here that are just as bad as the FUDsters.

They know who they are and will likely respond to this post.

Basically
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:17:57 PM

If it implements Colored Coins I would call this AWESOME news.

Due to popular demand, we will first be listed on a centralized exchange as the coloured coins are realistically still at least a few weeks away.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:18:23 PM

All I'm saying is I can't find anywhere where Ken explicitly said there will be an announcement in November that covers anything other than what he has already given us. You guys keep saying "the announcement" but there is no "the announcement", he hasn't said he was going to give one soon, at least I can't find him saying it. I understand a lot of you are saying he said it in PMs, does no one else wonder why he would tell people in PMs but not on the "Official Active Mining Discussion Thread"
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:57:06 PM

All I'm saying is I can't find anywhere where Ken explicitly said there will be an announcement in November that covers anything other than what he has already given us. You guys keep saying "the announcement" but there is no "the announcement", he hasn't said he was going to give one soon, at least I can't find him saying it. I understand a lot of you are saying he said it in PMs, does no one else wonder why he would tell people in PMs but not on the "Official Active Mining Discussion Thread"

Bingo.  I have been trying to say for awhile now that everybody here seems to manifest a delusional group mentality and this is the perfect example of what happens here.  They take a very vague comment from Ken and turn it into a factual expectation.  Can't blame them though.. it's a side affect of zero news syndrome.

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 12:13:06 AM

Bingo.  I have been trying to say for awhile now that everybody here seems to manifest a delusional group mentality and this is the perfect example of what happens here.  They take a very vague comment from Ken and turn it into a factual expectation.  Can't blame them though.. it's a side affect of zero news syndrome.

Oh to be well rounded and not suffer delusions.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:26:53 AM

The VMC website needs updating, when I called the sales number I was told shipping would start late December, not November.  Also the price seems to have gone up in the last few days.
Vigil

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

Ken,

I am an investor in ActiveMining and was under the impression that we would have word on the progress of the ASICs at this point, but we have heard absolutely nothing. You have stated that you are under an NDA. When does that NDA end? What is the estimate on when we can expect to have our miners hashing?

We will be making an announcement this month.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:36:16 AM

so this whole rumor is based on reading between the lines of a single PM?

finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:45:10 AM

so this whole rumor is based on reading between the lines of a single PM?

more than one PM (not that I am anticipating anything earth shattering as some want/hope/wish)

can you confirm or deny whether the additional hashing (not the klondikes or the initial avalons) are from Activemining chips (samples/demos/etc) or whether they are from 3rd party hardware (KNC, Bitfury, new Avalons, etc)?

We will be making major announcements in November.

but as i've stated before, and as Sou reminded us recently

JoTheKhan

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:51:47 AM

Ken,

I am an investor in ActiveMining and was under the impression that we would have word on the progress of the ASICs at this point, but we have heard absolutely nothing. You have stated that you are under an NDA. When does that NDA end? What is the estimate on when we can expect to have our miners hashing?

Yes an announcement. An (1) announcement. We have another announcement on the 30th that covers what the one on the 15th did but with AMC and VMC. That has nothing to do with miners if I remember correctly. Maybe I've been listening to politics too much but this is another deflection. I'm not trying to spread FUD. I believe in this company, you can go all the way back through every time I've posted. I want this company to succeed. 
Vigil

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:58:10 AM

Ken,

Yes an announcement. An (1) announcement. We have another announcement on the 30th that covers what the one on the 15th did but with AMC and VMC. That has nothing to do with miners if I remember correctly. Maybe I've been listening to politics too much but this is another deflection. I'm not trying to spread FUD. I believe in this company, you can go all the way back through every time I've posted. I want this company to succeed. 
Yes, an announcement about the status of the ASIC chips and miners. That is what I asked about and Ken said there was going to be an announcement regarding them. How else can you take what I asked and he said? This question was asked after the announcement on the 15th. There is an announcement coming this month regarding the mining equipment.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:00:27 AM

Oh if he has stated this then my bad. I remember him saying there was going to be a joint AMC/VMC post containing updated information from the pdf's he gave on the 15th. But if he has said this to you in an open thread about mining equipment then my bad. I retract my previous post.

EDIT: I am just unable to find him ever saying anything about an announcement about miners in the last month.
Vigil

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:05:38 AM

Oh if he has stated this then my bad. I remember him saying there was going to be a joint AMC/VMC post containing updated information from the pdf's he gave on the 15th. But if he has said this to you in an open thread about mining equipment then my bad. I retract my previous post.

EDIT: I am just unable to find him ever saying anything about an announcement about miners in the last month.
WTF are you talking about? I asked Ken when we would be getting information on the miners, and he said "this month (i.e., Novemeber)". Whether or not that comes through I can't say, but he said that we will be getting info based on his current timeline.

This wasn't Bill Clinton speak, where Ken just said "We will be making an announcement this month", which had absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:10:17 AM

WTF are you talking about? I asked Ken when we would be getting information on the miners, and he said "this month (i.e., Novemeber)". Whether or not that comes through I can't say, but he said that we will be getting info based on his current timeline.

Can you quote the post? I can't find it is what I'm saying. I know people have been PMing Ken and Ken has been replying to those apparently. Ken hasn't verified any of that shit so why should we believe it? Has he said in an open thread anything about the miners lately? No. That is what I'm talking about.

TL;DR Where did he tell you this, I would like to see?

All ken has ever said is "There will be an announcement." Then he gave us an announcement on the 15th. That was an announcement. On the 18th he then again said there will be an announcement, we have one scheduled on the 30th right? BUT did he say this was about Miners? I can't find where he says it is about miners.

Vigil

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:19:54 AM

Can you quote the post? I can't find it is what I'm saying. I know people have been PMing Ken and Ken has been replying to those apparently. Ken hasn't verified any of that shit so why should we believe it? Has he said in an open thread anything about the miners lately? No. That is what I'm talking about.

TL;DR Where did he tell you this, I would like to see?

All ken has ever said is "There will be an announcement." Then he gave us an announcement on the 15th. That was an announcement. On the 18th he then again said there will be an announcement, we have one scheduled on the 30th right? BUT did he say this was about Miners? I can't find where he says it is about miners.

I asked him in a PM. What difference does it make whether he posted it in an open thread or verified it? He isn't going to make an announcement of an announcement, just like he didn't say, "guys, I am going to announce the completion of the eASIC contract on Sept. 4th, 2013." Why don't you send him a message and see what he says?
4ju5tice

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:38:44 AM

KNCMiner Neptune 20nm: will offer 0.7 watts per GH/sec.   http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-pre-orders-next-asic/

Actm 28nm: Estimated Chip Power Consumption: 11.136 Watts (~0.696 Watts per GH/s).   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.msg2598150#msg2598150

Seems like the competition isn't really that competitive.

Hi.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: