Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:38:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478611 times)
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

The article below is an invitation by a popular crowdfunding author to her crowdfunding readers to learn about the cryptocurrency world. 

While it doesn't speak about HoboNickels the crowdfunding (CF) writer speaks fondly about cryptocurrency (CC) to her crowdfunding audience.  She is not only writing about CC she is giving a very specific and meaningful application for its use. 

In my opinion the article invites the CF world to step into the CC world to see the good CC can be in both worlds as well as the larger (real) world.  Please note that the writer's target audience is extremely limited and highly focused, they are essentially made up of two types of people: campaign organizers and campaign donors.  If you look closely at them its like looking in a mirror because they are just like us: visionaries, strivers, investors, adventurers, gamblers, thinkers, creators, doers, motivators, leaders ... 

To me the article is also an invitation to us (CC folk) to take action to inspire crowdfunding folk to know more about the cryptocurrency world, and that is why I'm strongly encouraging everyone in the CC world to write a positive message at the bottom of the article so that the CF audience will be inspired to learn more about the CC industry. 

Take the opportunity to tell the CF people about HoboNickels and why you got involved with CC; here is the article:
http://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2015/05/67507-bitcoin-alternative-hyper-teams-up-with-goldpieces-to-sponsor-digital-currency-crowdfunding-platform-picisi-launches-worldwide-crypto-gaming-network/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:07:22 AM

HBN still one of my favs

yolo
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 09:22:23 AM

Are you guys aware of this?  I hope you did not donate coins believing it would be given to charity.  Undecided

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1002378.msg11371652#msg11371652

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:46:48 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 12:26:48 AM by Armis

Are you guys aware of this?  I hope you did not donate coins believing it would be given to charity.  Undecided

This is what Vod said to another of PICISI's sponsors:

Turns out Armis is running a scam, and not the charity (no charity license!) he claims.  But he wants to reassure you that all the public identities of his board of directors (no corporation license!) will be disclosed to the stakeholders (no corporation license!) once he collects a large sum of non-reversible currency.   Wink

Do all his sponsors know he is running a scam?  Esp Hobonickels - I know thy are pro-charity and anti-greed.

The sponsor responded to Vod "... He [Armis] has my trust anyway"

I know it's not your responsibility to speak up for PICISI, especially if you don't want to.  Rest assured you are absolutely free to request removal your endorsement at anytime for any reason, or no reason at all; any donation provided will be 100% refunded if that is your desire.  I also understand that Vod should not have defiled your thread with his lies but he did and I feel obligated to address it where it stands. 

Vod issued negative feedback to me based on his ignorance of PICISI, then went about to tell everyone he could (including PICISI sponsors) more falsehoods about PICISI.  It's obvious that Vod didn't read much about PICISI before rushing to judgement.   Please allow me to address his reckless accusations in a responsible way:

Vod mentioned "Charity" "license" "corporation" "board of directors" "stakeholders" and "collection of large sums of ... currency"  
I will prove that he jumped to the wrong conclusion then irresponsibly acted on his misunderstanding.

As you know PICISI is a business plan taking shape, and Armis is the designer and creator of PICISI.  A critical part of that plan is formation of the org, creation of the site, and creation of currency.  

Vod didn't read the plan, he refuses to read the articles about the plan, and doesn't even want to read the threads about the plan, yet he wants people to believe that he knows more about it than the person that created it.   Had he done any of that homework he would see there was never any plan for PICISI to be a charity, that it was always the plan for PICISI to be a business specifically a crowdfunding business.

The site prerequisites imply that no site presently exists, the site prerequisites also imply that once those goals are met something will begin.  When you look at the prerequisites as a whole it should be evident that those make up the basis for the business, and without them there is no business.

You don't need a license to market a plan, you don't need a license for someone to give you money to start a business, nor do you need a license to put the pieces together for the creation of that business.  A license is necessary to operate as a business, not to form one.

Vod mentioned a 'corporation' and 'board of directors', where did he get that from, not from me.  Clearly it originated in his head and now he is spreading the notion to others.   Given that Vod wrote this: "stakeholders (no corporation license!)" its clear to me that Vod confused "stakeholders" with "stockholders".  And that is probably why he wrongly went down that wrong corporate path.  Again he allowed his preconceived notions to prejudice his judgement.  

and lastly,

Vod mentioned 'collection of large sums of money', he really needs to explain that because PICISI does plan on making large sums of money, over and over again, and I have no intention of running away from our success. 

SoulFlayer

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:29:30 PM

wtf ?
"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."
same sh1t  Shocked
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:55:18 PM

wtf ?
"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."
same sh1t  Shocked

i've resynced last 3 weeks from clean bc copy, it was ok until relaunch, then again this error
It is not really an error just a heads-up and can be ignored.  Do not worry about it.  Tranz will update the checkpoint server at some point.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 05:34:11 AM

so are we goign to moon yet? Smiley

Frostbite72

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:41:26 AM

Need some help. About a week or more ago my Mac Hobo wallet crashed for some unknown reason. Every time I would launch it after would just cause a crash prior to loading the wallet. Seemed to be failing on the blockchain load. I went as far as to delete everything in the folder. I did back up my wallet file so know thats in a safe spot. Ever since I have tried to resync the block chain a few times. Get a day or two into downloading it. For some reason wallet stops syncing. I close and restart wallet, and then the app crashes again and I have to start downloading blockchain all over again. I have tried resyncing the Mac wallet on 3 different mac machines i own and it doesn't make it through it and i can't get wallet to finish syncing or load properly. I did download the blockchain available download. fresh install folder, replace files in directory, and app crashes before getting into wallet. Then have to start all over again. A bit frustrating since i haven't been able to get into my hobo wallet for over 10 days now trying to resent the wallet.
Some ideas or a fix / update to the mac wallet would be appreciated.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:40:44 AM

Need some help. About a week or more ago my Mac Hobo wallet crashed for some unknown reason. Every time I would launch it after would just cause a crash prior to loading the wallet. Seemed to be failing on the blockchain load. I went as far as to delete everything in the folder. I did back up my wallet file so know thats in a safe spot. Ever since I have tried to resync the block chain a few times. Get a day or two into downloading it. For some reason wallet stops syncing. I close and restart wallet, and then the app crashes again and I have to start downloading blockchain all over again. I have tried resyncing the Mac wallet on 3 different mac machines i own and it doesn't make it through it and i can't get wallet to finish syncing or load properly. I did download the blockchain available download. fresh install folder, replace files in directory, and app crashes before getting into wallet. Then have to start all over again. A bit frustrating since i haven't been able to get into my hobo wallet for over 10 days now trying to resent the wallet.

Hard to tell from your post, so if you've already done this, ignore me Tongue

But try to sync with a new wallet, all the way. THEN turn off your client and copy the old wallet.dat in place. If it crashes, then you've got a corrupt wallet.dat file. There are a few ways around that. First one is to start the client with the -salvagewallet flag, which will attempt to bring everything back. If it works, then you'll want to dump the private keys and import them into a new wallet.dat file. Just on general principles.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:15:21 AM

Hi Tranz just posted a nice article about Cap and HBN and how they are holding strong against other coins and why.

http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/revisiting-old-coins-can-they-be-more-profitable-now-even-after-they-have-lost-most-of-their-value/

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:45:53 PM

Hi Tranz just posted a nice article about Cap and HBN and how they are holding strong against other coins and why.

http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/revisiting-old-coins-can-they-be-more-profitable-now-even-after-they-have-lost-most-of-their-value/

Vegas

Nice article, very well said.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
strawie

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:22:02 PM

How would one manage to accept hbn payments in a restaurant without dragging a computer there? BTC,LTC is setup easily but how to implement hbn?
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:28:47 PM

How would one manage to accept hbn payments in a restaurant without dragging a computer there? BTC,LTC is setup easily but how to implement hbn?

Mobile wallet I believe will be a step in that direction.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Frostbite72

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

But try to sync with a new wallet, all the way. THEN turn off your client and copy the old wallet.dat in place. If it crashes, then you've got a corrupt wallet.dat file. There are a few ways around that. First one is to start the client with the -salvagewallet flag, which will attempt to bring everything back. If it works, then you'll want to dump the private keys and import them into a new wallet.dat file. Just on general principles.
Well I have tried about every combination I can think of to resync my mac wallet. two different machines. fresh installs without my wallet file. I am able to start syncing and get about 2/3 of the way done, for some reason it stops syncing on both macs, crashes the wallet, then can't restart wallet without crashing. I have also tried downloading available march blockchain from a fresh install and replacing files in library and upon next wallet launch it crashes just like when i tried syncing manually on both machines. I am convinced there is something else wrong outside of my computers. Seems something is wrong with the mac wallet. Any other mac users having trouble. almost two weeks here not being able to load my wallet up. Getting ready to goto a friends house if I can't get this resolved soon, synch up on a windows machine(i dont own one) get to my coins and transfer out to an exchange for sale. I would rather not but unless I can get a working wallet I am not sure what else to do. Any additional ideas appreciated. Maybe someone want to share an updated blochain and tx data file for me to try loading up?
PressF1

Activity: 216

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:03:03 PM

Well I have tried about every combination I can think of to resync my mac wallet. two different machines. fresh installs without my wallet file. I am able to start syncing and get about 2/3 of the way done, for some reason it stops syncing on both macs, crashes the wallet, then can't restart wallet without crashing. I have also tried downloading available march blockchain from a fresh install and replacing files in library and upon next wallet launch it crashes just like when i tried syncing manually on both machines. I am convinced there is something else wrong outside of my computers. Seems something is wrong with the mac wallet. Any other mac users having trouble. almost two weeks here not being able to load my wallet up. Getting ready to goto a friends house if I can't get this resolved soon, synch up on a windows machine(i dont own one) get to my coins and transfer out to an exchange for sale. I would rather not but unless I can get a working wallet I am not sure what else to do. Any additional ideas appreciated. Maybe someone want to share an updated blochain and tx data file for me to try loading up?

I am not a mac-user so I can't help you there, in windows everything works just fine. But there is a bootstrap blockchain and tx data file that could be of use to you. I tested it for you and it works ok. It's close to 3 months old.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzu9hu5w37f7rmb/HoboBlockChain03-01-15.zip

HBN & CAP: F1PressF1PCxEyESGk6Fe1om1RfiHqX5gg
Frostbite72

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:16:49 PM

I am not a mac-user so I can't help you there, in windows everything works just fine. But there is a bootstrap blockchain and tx data file that could be of use to you. I tested it for you and it works ok. It's close to 3 months old.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzu9hu5w37f7rmb/HoboBlockChain03-01-15.zip

I appreciate the suggestion. I have been trying to use the bootstrap for days now. Gets to 344.5 Mb stops, closes HBN wallet. Go and restart and appears to fail on import.Blockchain still a year left to resync upon a restart. Keeps stopping in same place.
Maybe I am a bit confused about the process of loading the bootstrap. Sorry for my ignorance. This is what I have been doing.
When I delete the entire hobo directory(of course backing up wallet.dat) I start HBN so all the files are recreated. Then I copy the blockchain file and the tx data directory in and replace all files. and restart, the wallet completely fails and won't open. I have also tried renaming the blockchain file to bootstrap.dat and with the copied tx data folder it also fails to open wallet and crashes.. I have also tried from a fresh install of all files only copying the blockchain file, renamed to bootstrap.dat and that seems to start loading the file, but then stops at 344.5 Mb.
Can someone give me some better instructions for loading these files up after a fresh wallet install? Just looking for ideas. I have loaded bootstraps before for other wallets, but never had this much trouble!
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 04:58:08 PM

I'm getting nothing but orphans in the Linux custom-compiled version. I had it running about 6 hours with a successful stake on Monday, but I cannot repeat this now for some reason, although trying relentlessly.

Code:
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=656ebbb56c0c3b605cb6
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=459be29237acf3c9e13a
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=c65c4f204afd9ff9e60a
2015-05-28 16:57:34 connect() failed after select(): Connection refused
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=000000000bab15655948
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=d8cec7a138c45e19ea38
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=cae5015a218ba7cbeb87
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=00000000037218afac5a
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=b9acfcea026f607a779d
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=98563b93481abdf8a95c
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=d9f146edc8d4625d6c50
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=dc63164a402aa804201f
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=824a2cc5ea1ea9ca2787
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=a1296e6eb7760c2b72f0
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=eccef832bb7418b7aa4b
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=6b8cc3267ae71a552bb9
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=3a0f52cf08fdb3474454
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=1018b74a41f628f42efd
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=f04cde02738607db3f2a
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=f824e1e2a4171e9b88a7
2015-05-28 16:57:34 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=968468be4877d2381000
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=000000000381a6b3964b
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=4d755c7a57239bfa934b
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=358209404d0060a38fbe
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9ef5b754ef37b388e827
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e841451f8ee62e0d4720
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9f3374e562ff8013453c
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=66a43e0aa1fd627e05a1
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9b293164a0696ab26117
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=51425168cea3f5911e6e
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=b4d4dcac2803990f9395
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e6616dbd35b3ec99786e
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=d17459cd4e0ba0af181e
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e76393902e90d0f0058f
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=c089253d109952f588a3
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=b914cca4df3ce6d38f15
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2fa0ca514e5eafb36fcd
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9aec8e9ec4b64d12fd5b
2015-05-28 16:57:35 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=f2d31c781dda8d99e666
2015-05-28 16:57:36 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=294c472ecc4355da4f48
2015-05-28 16:57:38 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=c5ddc922074ea2b45ab6
2015-05-28 16:57:38 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=856c2c39c44347b00b90
2015-05-28 16:57:38 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=0c7284ae73849e62c233
2015-05-28 16:57:38 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=e7547290ec24f4e8d0be
2015-05-28 16:57:38 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=b6fe662145307362b849
2015-05-28 16:57:38 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=9b14660408d4712be512
2015-05-28 16:57:39 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=50265dd6be1b5e3e2568
2015-05-28 16:57:39 ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=1b75b5a1f2a34495eab8

Anyone have a solution?

Zels

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:26:55 PM

Put a commit on github today.
https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/f46fa0c32d33ffd6194cc5f2c994a2d62081a7d4
Code:
 Update split/combine threshold
Up the max to 100/200 as startup, and added rpc commands, which allow
the default max, or wallet balance divided by 250

I am going to look at a few of the bugs with s4c, and see if I can get those fixed up. If I can do that in a reasonable timeframe. I'll officially release 1.5.1.0. If not I'll compile this small change and release 1.5.0.1

Any news from Tranz ? Smiley
Frostbite72

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:29:02 PM

I'm getting nothing but orphans in the Linux custom-compiled version. I had it running about 6 hours with a successful stake on Monday, but I cannot repeat this now for some reason, although trying relentlessly.

Code:

Anyone have a solution?

This is exactly what comes up in my viewer when my wallet disconnects and won't continue syncing. Only way I have gotten it to stop doing that is to close wallet and relaunch. Unfortunately when this happens to me and I relaunch I am unable to reopen hobo wallet. Then have to resync a wallet up. Which is what I have been trying to do for 2+ weeks. 2 macs and neither will sync without this happening every 20-45 minutes. I had to pull a windows machine out and blow the cobwebs off it to try and sync on a windows machine since neither of my macs will sync the hobo wallet without this happening to me. keeping my fingers crossed as I am still trying to get it up and running again. None of the bootstraps seem to work for me.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 07:07:00 PM

Code:

Anyone have a solution?

This is exactly what comes up in my viewer when my wallet disconnects and won't continue syncing. Only way I have gotten it to stop doing that is to close wallet and relaunch. Unfortunately when this happens to me and I relaunch I am unable to reopen hobo wallet. Then have to resync a wallet up. Which is what I have been trying to do for 2+ weeks. 2 macs and neither will sync without this happening every 20-45 minutes. I had to pull a windows machine out and blow the cobwebs off it to try and sync on a windows machine since neither of my macs will sync the hobo wallet without this happening to me. keeping my fingers crossed as I am still trying to get it up and running again. None of the bootstraps seem to work for me.

Have you tried this solution? It should work on Mac.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/27625-cant-sync-mac-wallet-for-3-weeks-now/page-2

But I have no idea how to solve this on linux/ubuntu/lubuntu

This is my thread: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/28625-devices-for-staking/

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: