Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:06:01 AM

wtf, you deleted a fair comment thundertoe, censorship helps nobody!!

WTS ~150k TEK

bad call Big Toe, that dude is just maximizing his stake returns, that doesn't make him an asshole any more than a guy who uses an accountant to minimise his tax.

you're out of line with that comment IMO, but it's your coin, so you can insult your posse if you want to

what exactly is the 'asshole' doing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:41:47 AM

WTS ~150k TEK

PM sent
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:06:52 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 02:56:49 AM by AforAmethyst

WTS ~150k TEK

bad call Big Toe, that dude is just maximizing his stake returns, that doesn't make him an asshole any more than a guy who uses an accountant to minimise his tax.

you're out of line with that comment IMO, but it's your coin, so you can insult your posse if you want to

IMO Thundertoe was on the ball in calling those who were gaming the system 'assholes'. It was they who were censoring (deleting) easily achievable staking difficulties and deprived others of realising their full potential stakes.

Paraphrasing the top of this thread reads that it is self-moderated and if you don't want to be censored, don't post. Thundertoe was just maximising what he can legitimately do, just like the guy you mentioned who uses an accountant to avoid tax.

I view your comments to be unhelpful, particularly at this point in time, and I should imagine that they are out of line with the views of most ordinary TEKstakers. Furthermore, I suspect your motives.
AforAmethyst

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:10:35 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 02:20:42 AM by AforAmethyst

My opinion is , if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Seems to me that it would be better to create a whole new coin with the wanted changes. We are all in tek coin because of the way it is currently. I am proud of the fact that smaller amounts stake fine, when other coins only reward whales properly. That's my two cents and the last i will say about it.

If there is not a change then, everyone will stake small amounts and it will really be broken.

you do not earn more if you microstake.. its a dick move to raise diff when you want to make others get nothing when they stake.. then you stop micro staking and turn on your whale wallet and get full rate.

Microstaking alone does fuck all to increase your payout, a larger block will compound more.

I think you are speaking the feelings of a lot of us here.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:19:35 AM

Just a thought,

Instead of changing it so smaller blocks don't stake,
why not change it so that tekcoin can earn interest every 10 or 15 days instead of 30 .

Even if the difficulty makes it so you only earn 20 % or less , if you are able to stake more frequently it could make up for it.
At 10 days , you could make as little as 13.33% , but x 3 = 40%
or at 15 days , you could make ~20% , but x 2  = ~40%

Plus it would be a good draw for people that like faster staking coins.

Cool
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:56:07 AM

Just a thought,

Instead of changing it so smaller blocks don't stake,
why not change it so that tekcoin can earn interest every 10 or 15 days instead of 30 .

Even if the difficulty makes it so you only earn 20 % or less , if you are able to stake more frequently it could make up for it.
At 10 days , you could make as little as 13.33% , but x 3 = 40%
or at 15 days , you could make ~20% , but x 2  = ~40%

Plus it would be a good draw for people that like faster staking coins.

Cool

For me, this would be the wrong move. The longer period is part of the charm of the coin to my way of thinking. There are a lot of fast staking coins, several of which I'm involved in. TEK is the one that sits in the back and does it's thing. I like that.

I agree with Thundertoe on microstaking. I do think it might be a bit unfair for the really small holder, but the fact is that at this moment, 1K is not a lot of money. It's what, .02 BTC more or less? If you really are after the staking, not just day trading, it's not a big deal to accumulate 1000 TEK. And after the first 90 days, with the diff not driving the return into the basement, it'll level out.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:44:02 AM

For me, this would be the wrong move. The longer period is part of the charm of the coin to my way of thinking. There are a lot of fast staking coins, several of which I'm involved in. TEK is the one that sits in the back and does it's thing. I like that.

I agree with Thundertoe on microstaking. I do think it might be a bit unfair for the really small holder, but the fact is that at this moment, 1K is not a lot of money. It's what, .02 BTC more or less? If you really are after the staking, not just day trading, it's not a big deal to accumulate 1000 TEK. And after the first 90 days, with the diff not driving the return into the basement, it'll level out.

Understandable, everyone has their preferences, me I like to see a 15 day payout , even if the rate was only 20% every time it earned interest

Is'nt the block restriction just a temporary fix, and tek will be at the same problem in a ~ year  as it's total number grows.
Or is everyone thinking limiting interest on blocks below 1000 is a permanent fix?

Not to be a devils advocate , but if no one want to change the specs, why not just have the code fixed where difficulty does not affect the interest rate or is that oversimplifying the problem?

Cool
vaporware asset wizard

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:23:18 PM

WTS ~150k TEK

IMO Thundertoe was on the ball in calling those who were gaming the system 'assholes'. It was they who were censoring (deleting) easily achievable staking difficulties and deprived others of realising their full potential stakes.

Paraphrasing the top of this thread reads that it is self-moderated and if you don't want to be censored, don't post. Thundertoe was just maximising what he can legitimately do, just like the guy you mentioned who uses an accountant to avoid tax.

I view your comments to be unhelpful, particularly at this point in time, and I should imagine that they are out of line with the views of most ordinary TEKstakers. Furthermore, I suspect your motives.

The dummy spit is deleting posts containing alternate opinions. I'm not interested in investing $$ in a coin that expects user goodwill to survive. A good dev should expect people to try and game every advantage, especially alt coins which are basically science experiments. Did thundertoe want to discover the effects of HIS coin paramter choices after TEK was being used in the wild by millions of users? A good dev should welcome every attempt to destroy his coin, that's how they'll get better and survive, it's evolution. I can't believe some of you guys want TEK to be like an old boys club where everyone plays by the rules, and naughty boys get banished for saying nasty things.

People gaming things is as old as human kind.   
AforAmethyst

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:24:34 PM

WTS ~150k TEK

The dummy spit is deleting posts containing alternate opinions. I'm not interested in investing $$ in a coin that expects user goodwill to survive. A good dev should expect people to try and game every advantage, especially alt coins which are basically science experiments. Did thundertoe want to discover the effects of HIS coin paramter choices after TEK was being used in the wild by millions of users? A good dev should welcome every attempt to destroy his coin, that's how they'll get better and survive, it's evolution. I can't believe some of you guys want TEK to be like an old boys club where everyone plays by the rules, and naughty boys get banished for saying nasty things.

As an investor, I for one don't appreciate anyone "attempting to destroy" Tekcoin. It will be 51% attacks next. What an arsehole! I'm sure Thundertoe's intervention will restore the integrity of this coin.
vaporware asset wizard

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:40:44 PM

WTS ~150k TEK

As an investor, I for one don't appreciate anyone "attempting to destroy" Tekcoin. It will be 51% attacks next. What an arsehole! I'm sure Thundertoe's intervention will restore the integrity of this coin.

and thundertoe has a chance to fix a problem when user numbers are extremely small, so it's a GOOD thing for you as an investor ... right! The guys gaming the system force an improvement ... agreed?

when i drive a car I feel better knowing people literally drove that mother into walls at high speed to smash it to pieces to find the weal spots, so they fix them before I drive it on the open road. Those guys smashing cars, or cracking networks, or testing drugs on rats are trying to break things, to find weaknesses and problems, then fix them.

allcryptos including TEK and bitcoin even need to be stressed tested before mass adoption. any dev who doesn't willingly accept that better re-think their strategy IMO. Losing a few 100 bucks now is relatively painless, but what about when marketcap was a billion, and your loss is in the millions?

calling people assholes for stress testing TEK parameters shows a fundamental mis-understanding of what stage of development alt coins are in.
AforAmethyst

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:53:17 PM

WTS ~150k TEK

and thundertoe has a chance to fix a problem when user numbers are extremely small, so it's a GOOD thing for you as an investor ... right! The guys gaming the system force an improvement ... agreed?

when i drive a car I feel better knowing people literally drove that mother into walls at high speed to smash it to pieces to find the weal spots, so they fix them before I drive it on the open road. Those guys smashing cars, or cracking networks, or testing drugs on rats are trying to break things, to find weaknesses and problems, then fix them.

allcryptos including TEK and bitcoin even need to be stressed tested before mass adoption. any dev who doesn't willingly accept that better re-think their strategy IMO. Losing a few 100 bucks now is relatively painless, but what about when marketcap was a billion, and your loss is in the millions?

calling people assholes for stress testing TEK parameters shows a fundamental mis-understanding of what stage of development alt coins are in.

Let's be clear about this. You are only piping up because Thundertoe is about to improve Tekcoin and make it more bullet-proof against people like you. Stress testing were you? What a laugh.

You tried to divert attention away from the proposed changes by making a mountain out of a molehill - in an effort to undermine what Thundertoe was trying to do. People calling others arseholes is as old as humankind. Sometimes it puts into a nutshell exactly what they are.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:41:18 PM

i deleted the silly post because it was misleading and wrong. I will say it again, microstaking is only valuable as a dick move to lower other peoples stake. You do not earn a better overall rate microstaking it is much worse since you do not get to compound. Larger blocks compound faster.

Everyone has been warned and when the short notice hardfork rolls out we will likely remove coinage from blocks under 1k.
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:05:33 PM

Stress testing?  Really?  That's what you call it?  Sure... and the answer for the "stress" is to remove the "stress" from the network...

This space not for rent...
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:18:41 PM

Please go vote TEK to be added to CoinPayments!!
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:31:39 PM

* - All coins are subject to delisting upon 90 days if minimum monthly volume is below $5,000 USD. Requested extensions can be purchased for $250 USD for an additional 90 days.

https://www.coinpayments.net/addcoin

Large expectation there...

Approx (with btc @ 275usd and tek @ 2363sat) 773k per month minimum... or approx 25.5k per day...

This space not for rent...
4x13
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:33:23 PM

needs to happen though... Allows businesses to accept the coin with ease,

There are other coins there that don't even come close the that limit, so I am wondering if that is a hard limit
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:43:00 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 12:05:30 AM by a_cat_named_joe

* - All coins are subject to delisting upon 90 days if minimum monthly volume is below $5,000 USD. Requested extensions can be purchased for $250 USD for an additional 90 days.

https://www.coinpayments.net/addcoin

Large expectation there...

Approx (with btc @ 275usd and tek @ 2363sat) 773k per month minimum... or approx 25.5k per day...

Why don't we use the exchanges that already list Tekcoin in addition to Cryptsy? I would like to mention Cryptopia:

Cryptopia

Cryptopia already has Tekcoin on its books https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

Cryptopia has been around since 2014. Besides Tekcoin, Cryptopia has a large selection of other altcoins and gives me the impression that it is really trying. Helping them to thrive could be a good insurance policy for Tekcoin. It's not good to be totally dependent on one exchange. There is a lot going on at Cryptopia.

Tekcoin is listed in seven altcoin base markets on Cryptopia:

• Bitcoin/HBN
  • Dotcoin
  • Litecoin/HBN
  • Dogecoin/HBN
  • Feathercoin/HBN
  • Popularcoin/HBN
  • Unobtanium/HBN

... so there are plenty of opportunities for arbitraging! In fact they have quite an interesting arbitrage page where the prices of altcoins are compared on various exchanges.

Cryptopia is based in New Zealand, which means that it is less prone to US regulation and clampdowns. I still like Cryptsy, but they are currently going through some turbulence. Cryptopia could become a good standby if Cryptsy, God forbid, goes down for any reason. And they don't seem to delist like other exchanges. Cryptopia deserves to succeed IMHO.

At the moment trading volumes are on the low side, but I'm sure that we could do something about that. Some of us could send a portion of our Tek stakings to Cryptopia to keep them growing. I have made a similar post on the HoboNickels page. Please spread the word to other altcoins - they are most probably listed on Cryptopia. If you are of a mind to, perhaps you could mention Cryptopia to the other altcoins that you deal with?

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ
https://www.facebook.com/cryptopiaexchange
https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptopia-limited

Airlift some BTC, Tek and other altcoins over there and let's give them some custom!  Wink
4x13
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:24:39 AM

I agree, as that is where I do my trading for past month or so, but we still need integration into payment processors which will give crypto a real use other than a speculative investment
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:02:24 AM

Cryptopia is a great exchange - just some coins there get little to no volume.
Now that you are getting the word out we may see an uptick in usage there.
coinhugger

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:53:28 AM

i deleted the silly post because it was misleading and wrong. I will say it again, microstaking is only valuable as a dick move to lower other peoples stake. You do not earn a better overall rate microstaking it is much worse since you do not get to compound. Larger blocks compound faster.

Everyone has been warned and when the short notice hardfork rolls out we will likely remove coinage from blocks under 1k.

For what it's worth, I fully support Thundertoe's plan to prevent assholes from micro-staking and to prevent them from dick-blocking other people's stake returns.

I've been a long time TEK holder and fan and I can't wait for the hardfork to take place.
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: