Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChiefCoin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:22:21 AM

Look at TEKcoin as virtual mining machine that is not affected by the network difficulty that much.. Will be fixed back to 40% after hardfork.

That forms the DEMAND for more then two years now!

Yes, it is attractive and the reason I joined. However, I didn't grasp the concept of exponential growth until I ran the numbers. Hypothetically, if we did the hard fork today at 65577536 coins and everyone gets 40%, then at the end of 12 months we will have something like 3 7 billion coins. I realize not everyone will stake, but even a billion coins is a lot. Take it out to 2 years and that's 210 billion coins. After 3 years, well, it's in the trillions.

I sure hope you are right and there is enough demand to absorb all these coins. Trade accordingly.

Exponential growth will devastate the price per coin, if U look at all of the coins with Numbers over a few billion, they all have a price of only a few sats.
At some point , users will stop buying tek because when you have 1 million coins and 40% per month, why would you need to buy anymore, you would not, then you only sell excess coins and that lowers the price. Interest rate will have to be changed within a year or so to avert that problem. But hopefully before the 500 million mark.
Then you could move to a 25% per year, a more sustainable alternative that the current 20 or 40% per month.
The more new users the longer that tipping point can be postponed, but it can't be postponed forever, the tipping point will come, it is inevitable.

AG18

interest over 40% per month?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gribgo

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:37:00 AM

Look at TEKcoin as virtual mining machine that is not affected by the network difficulty that much.. Will be fixed back to 40% after hardfork.

That forms the DEMAND for more then two years now!

Yes, it is attractive and the reason I joined. However, I didn't grasp the concept of exponential growth until I ran the numbers. Hypothetically, if we did the hard fork today at 65577536 coins and everyone gets 40%, then at the end of 12 months we will have something like 3 7 billion coins. I realize not everyone will stake, but even a billion coins is a lot. Take it out to 2 years and that's 210 billion coins. After 3 years, well, it's in the trillions.

I sure hope you are right and there is enough demand to absorb all these coins. Trade accordingly.

Exponential growth will devastate the price per coin, if U look at all of the coins with Numbers over a few billion, they all have a price of only a few sats.
At some point , users will stop buying tek because when you have 1 million coins and 40% per month, why would you need to buy anymore, you would not, then you only sell excess coins and that lowers the price. Interest rate will have to be changed within a year or so to avert that problem. But hopefully before the 500 million mark.
Then you could move to a 25% per year, a more sustainable alternative that the current 20 or 40% per month.
The more new users the longer that tipping point can be postponed, but it can't be postponed forever, the tipping point will come, it is inevitable.

AG18

interest over 40% per month?

Yeah! Now You do your calculations since you joined Smiley
Remember to do your calculations from the very genesis bloick of this coin and look at what we have for now ..the price ..the amount of coins we have now, but should be by now according to your calculations?
BTW - Now the difficulty is low and you can stake at about 40% PER 30 days //due to everyone keeps wallets locked ..waiting for the hard fork Smiley
...but the difficuly is usualy hifgh and we get 10-15%
peace

gribgo

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:07:05 AM

AG18

There is now a wide spectrum of coins that have all this stuff that you offer to us..
Then you can move to this coins.. why mess with Tekcoin?
Why would people want to to make all coins the same as they allready have or can buy at the market?
This coin - is the virtual miner! Why we want to break it and make it mine less coins at our own will?
peace

dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:23:32 AM

There is now a wide spectrum of coins that have all this stuff that you offer to us..
Why would people want to to make all coins the same as they allready have or can buy at the market?
This coin - is the virtual miner! Why we want to break it and make it mine less coins at our own will?
peace

Some people made a lot of coin (forgive the pun) off this project. I'm one of them. However, that opportunity has passed and we're now at the inflection point where supply is overwhelming demand and prices are falling. And it's not because Cryptsy is insolvent. It's called hyperinflation. And from history, it always ends with the currency being worthless.

I once held a coin called Snowballs. It had a high stake rate, something like 1000%/annum. It didn't last a year because supply quickly overwhelmed demand and everyone lost interest. The same thing will happen to TEK if we don't implement some serious measure of inflation control or supply cap. This is not Dogecoin where the massive community (cult?) can hold the 100 billion coins and absorb 5% more per year to keep the price stable. It appears to me we will never attract enough new users to buy the increasing amount of coins we will see minted in the next few years. There are too many coins out there and not enough money chasing after them.

This is perhaps my final word on the topic. Good to have productive discourse with you. Cheers everyone.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:14:38 PM

peace

Some people made a lot of coin (forgive the pun) off this project. I'm one of them. However, that opportunity has passed and we're now at the inflection point where supply is overwhelming demand and prices are falling. And it's not because Cryptsy is insolvent. It's called hyperinflation. And from history, it always ends with the currency being worthless.

I once held a coin called Snowballs. It had a high stake rate, something like 1000%/annum. It didn't last a year because supply quickly overwhelmed demand and everyone lost interest. The same thing will happen to TEK if we don't implement some serious measure of inflation control or supply cap. This is not Dogecoin where the massive community (cult?) can hold the 100 billion coins and absorb 5% more per year to keep the price stable. It appears to me we will never attract enough new users to buy the increasing amount of coins we will see minted in the next few years. There are too many coins out there and not enough money chasing after them.

This is perhaps my final word on the topic. Good to have productive discourse with you. Cheers everyone.

I agree we should put a cap on max stake or lower the % maybe drop it to 100% per year. It will be similar to HBN and HBN is still doing quiet well.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
gribgo

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:26:07 PM

peace

Thank you for this good positive topic!
But I cant really go to bed before I point at some of your statements Smiley
There is HYPerstake coin where 750%/annum was proposed and now this coin had implemented some really strong measures implemented for a pretty long time now..
two things are facts now about it
1-its really close to impossible to get some meaningfull stake at all.
2-The price is at where it was and keeps going down
end of topic

alot of people who understand TEKcoin are miners or started their trip in cryptoworld with purchasing mining hardware it the past..
Tekcoin is a cool alternative to hardware mining ..period.
Here we have price decline due to rising supply and it is NORMAL! Every miner knows about diff rise in bitcoin mining and there is none who demand a serious measures about it.
peace

gribgo

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:29:11 PM

peace

I agree we should put a cap on max stake or lower the % maybe drop it to 100% per year. It will be similar to HBN and HBN is still doing quiet well.

I dont understand why you keep holding TEK while there is HBN.. why try to turn TEK to HBN insteand of just buying HBN?
this is very strange.. are you just so lazy to sell tek and buy HBN? But NO - you want TEK to become HBN Smiley

Joebwan

Activity: 223

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:52:40 PM

And where is the Dev? Thundertoe has been remarkably silent on this while issue. What if anything is to be done to save the coin? Has the team sold out and left or is there a concerted effort underway to change the blockchain?  So sad to see the price plummet as folks dump and run when this could be fixed with a few changes.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
glorytime

Activity: 358

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:24:59 PM

Well, the price of TEK is in the dumpster on Cryptsy...   300 sats range now and dropping...

Maybe because I dumped 100K, but it could also be because others are dumping too.

I still got a huge pile of TEK left, so I guess I'll just keep staking it until the price recovers (if at all).

Enticed87

Activity: 413

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:33:28 PM

Well, the price of TEK is in the dumpster on Cryptsy...   300 sats range now and dropping...

Maybe because I dumped 100K, but it could also be because others are dumping too.

I still got a huge pile of TEK left, so I guess I'll just keep staking it until the price recovers (if at all).

That's the spirit, the ride is the fun part itself, it just depends when you want to bail out.
gribgo

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:06:25 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 07:16:25 PM by gribgo

Well, the price of TEK is in the dumpster on Cryptsy...   300 sats range now and dropping...

That's the spirit, the ride is the fun part itself, it just depends when you want to bail out.

I have Entered and Exited TEK for about 5 times in its life due to different reasons and it is super cool to find it alive and doing good...
every time I have started from zero Tekcoin and all the time I was cursed with much higher prices that made it difficult to enter..
Guess what? I am happy to be back again on the right moment finally  Grin
I only beg all who want to turn this Coin into some other coins.. just sell TEK and BUY the right Coin for you.. that already has all "supply caps" and "inflation control" in place!

P.S. all Cryptos are not currencies! This are - Assets! TEKcoin is an experiment that does not act like your fiat money in your pocket..so stop using stupid monetary paradigms here.. PEACE

EDIT: For example Gold.. if you talk about Cryptos and Markets is one sentence.. then just think of Gold.. does it have inflation control? Gold does not have set supply cap.. because NO one knows how many left out there!

Joebwan

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:13:21 PM

[/quote]

I have Entered and Exited TEK for about 5 times in its life due to different reasons and it is super cool to find it alive and doing good...
every time I have started from zero Tekcoin and all the time I was cursed with much higher prices that made it difficult to enter..
Guess what? I am happy to be back again on the right moment finally  Grin
I only beg all who want to turn this Coin into some other coins.. just sell TEK and BUY the right Coin for you.. that already has all "supply caps" and "inflation control" in place!

P.S. all Cryptos are not currencies! This are - Assets! TEKcoin is an experiment that does not act like your fiat money in your pocket..so stop using stupid monetary paradigms here.. PEACE

EDIT: For example Gold.. if you talk about Cryptos and Markets is one sentence.. then just think of Gold.. does it have inflation control? Gold does not have set supply cap.. because NO one knows how many left out there!
[/quote]

We may not know how much gold there is, but we can definitely calculate how much TEK there will be if left uncontrolled. Our 'stupid monetary paradigms' are valid. Anyone who understands supply/demand will tell you that if something doesn't change, it will not be long for TEK. I have enjoyed the staking as much as the next person, but if it becomes as worthless as rocks due to oversupply, then what is the point of continuing?

Comparing Tek to Gold is so far off base I cannot even tell you. Even though there is still a supply of gold coming in, the new supply is moderate and besides, Gold has tangible uses. TEK does not.  Even if they found a mountain of gold tomorrow, The high tech industry among others would still have use for it. The price would definitely drop due to supply vs. demand, but it would always have some tangible value.  The same cannot be said of TEK.  If we want to save TEK as a crypto, the time is now to make changes.  If nothing happens, it will go the way of so many of it's predecessors, and will end up being delisted and drop to no value at all.

I say it can still be saved. Tek has stood the test of time, but the time has come where we need to tighten our belts, acknowledge that the free ride is over, and encourage the DEVs to make the changes necessary to save the coin. That is, it they haven't already dumped and ran.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gribgo

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:06:35 PM

Comparing Tek to Gold is so far off base I cannot even tell you. Even though there is still a supply of gold coming in, the new supply is moderate and besides, Gold has tangible uses. TEK does not.  Even if they found a mountain of gold tomorrow, The high tech industry among others would still have use for it. The price would definitely drop due to supply vs. demand, but it would always have some tangible value.  The same cannot be said of TEK.  If we want to save TEK as a crypto, the time is now to make changes.  If nothing happens, it will go the way of so many of it's predecessors, and will end up being delisted and drop to no value at all.

I say it can still be saved. Tek has stood the test of time, but the time has come where we need to tighten our belts, acknowledge that the free ride is over, and encourage the DEVs to make the changes necessary to save the coin. That is, it they haven't already dumped and ran.

I was pointing to gold, because the gold is an asset, not a currency and was talking about all cryptos ..btc, tek, hbn and all..
TEKcoin has value - hashpower to mine "coins"
Does mining hardware has value or not? The fact it is very basis of the blockchain..
The cool thing that high-proof-of-stake is virtually mines coins that are no different to bitcoin itself..
..in fact as we know all blockchains are just btc forks, but as long as we have market gateways to btc - everything is fine.
 //I think "coin" is really what misleading people to think of it as some money and they use not stupid, but monetary terms as "inflation" regarding the assets market and this is what I called stupid!!! no offence here

gribgo

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:20:47 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 10:06:52 AM by gribgo

We are standing at the doorstep where applications will be created for the blockchain technology
Every "coin" - is the network of communicated nodes.

The More nodes - the stronger network stability and security

and then every "coin" will have value as ready-to-use network for any kind of virtual activity.. fintech and smartcontracts at first

Here we look at TEKcoin and what we see - the more "coins" are there the stronger network we have as every coin confirms every other coin in every wallet in the network and "stake" is a reward for the wallet user for holding as many "coins" as possible for better security and performance of the whole network!

So MORE coins = the better!!!!
Practically what we are at the stage of growing the strong nodes network

Also TEKcoin is the Proof-of-work coin, which makes it even better, because if you have some mining hashpower - you can enter tekcoin without ever buying it, but improves overall speed and security of the Network one again..
The cool time is NOW, because every network big and strong enough already has value and tekcoin is good growing media Smiley

peace

P.S. WHY? If people think that when the price is low now, and the "coin" does not have value because not very Big trading volumes..
why if they are interested in just trading - then they don't go trade f... salt? Smiley

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:41:25 PM

Well, the price of TEK is in the dumpster on Cryptsy...   300 sats range now and dropping...

Hey Glorytime! Throw another 100K at the buy wall will ya? I missed out on the 300 Sat dip and the price has now doubled.
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:26:03 PM

We are standing at the doorstep where applications will be created for the blockchain technology

and then every "coin" will have value as ready-to-use network for any kind of virtual activity.. fintech and smartcontracts at first

Here we look at TEKcoin and what we see - the more "coins" are there the stronger network we have as every coin confirms every other coin in every wallet in the network and "stake" is a reward for the wallet user for holding as many "coins" as possible for better security and performance of the whole network!

Also TEKcoin is the Proof-of-work coin, which makes it even better, because if you have some mining hashpower - you can enter tekcoin without ever buying it, but improves overall speed and security of the Network one again..
The cool time is NOW, because every network big and strong enough already has value and tekcoin is good growing media Smiley

peace

P.S. WHY? If people think that when the price is low now, and the "coin" does not have value because not very Big trading volumes..
why if they are interested in just trading - then they don't go trade f... salt? Smiley

An interesting and good positive point of view, thanks.

Joebwan

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:31:23 PM

peace

I believe this view is a bit short sighted.  While it is obvious where your are going with your argument, there still has to be motivation for folks to keep and stake TEK.  While I would agree more folks are better, which will strengthen the network, you don't get people interested in investing into any kind of medium if it is increasingly becoming worthless.

The number of coin out there does not necessary make the nodes stronger.  It boils down to people, who have computers, which are connected to the network.  Where is the motivation for folks to have TEK wallets on the network if they do not perceive a value? Folks who have already invested will try to dump as we have seen, and over time you will actually decrease the number of folks on the network which will have the opposite of the desired node-strengthing result.

In any kind of investment strategy, the goal of the investors is to increase their standing. In the short term, you can argue that even if the price is lower, they have GOBs more offset the price decrease, but at some point, the price of the coin (or call it whatever, if you don't like the term coin) will drop so low that no matter how many you have, you are going in the wrong direction with your investment.

If you don't think of this from the people perspective, you are going to miss the mark.  It really all boils down to perception of value, and if nothing is done to protect that perception, people will loose interest, and the 'coin' will ultimately die. The super stake idea is awesome, but it cannot be the end all for TEK. Thought must be placed into protecting value.  I believe the original intent was for so many folks to be bought into the concept, that the sheer numbers of folks staking would control the formation of new coins and slow the process. 

I was initially excited about a hard fork that would decrease the micro-transactions and increase my stake percentage.  While eliminating the staking on very small holding may still be good for the network, uncontrolled growth of the coin is not.  I am a fairly large holder, and I must admit that I prefer reducing the stake percentage to stabilize the coin, to the possibility of having trillions of TEK out there that nobody wants. It hurts me in growth, but goes a long way to protect value of my existing holding.

It has been an interesting experiment.  I will hold on for two reason: First, I did not sell the farm to buy in.  If I loose it all, I can chalk it up to a good idea that did not pan out. and perhaps I am wrong in my reasoning. ( I really don't think so....) and second, the 'powers that be' may come to their senses and fix the coin to protect the value.  Judging by the silence we are experiencing from the DEV team, I expect that is a pipe dream too.  I suspect they cashed out a long time ago, when a TEK sold for close to 2 cents each, and are laughing into their hands.

But who knows? I could be wrong... I certainly hope so.

gribgo

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:44:36 PM

peace

I believe this view is a bit short sighted.  While it is obvious where your are going with your argument, there still has to be motivation for folks to keep and stake TEK.  While I would agree more folks are better, which will strengthen the network, you don't get people interested in investing into any kind of medium if it is increasingly becoming worthless.

The number of coin out there does not necessary make the nodes stronger.  It boils down to people, who have computers, which are connected to the network.  Where is the motivation for folks to have TEK wallets on the network if they do not perceive a value? Folks who have already invested will try to dump as we have seen, and over time you will actually decrease the number of folks on the network which will have the opposite of the desired node-strengthing result.

In any kind of investment strategy, the goal of the investors is to increase their standing. In the short term, you can argue that even if the price is lower, they have GOBs more offset the price decrease, but at some point, the price of the coin (or call it whatever, if you don't like the term coin) will drop so low that no matter how many you have, you are going in the wrong direction with your investment.

If you don't think of this from the people perspective, you are going to miss the mark.  It really all boils down to perception of value, and if nothing is done to protect that perception, people will loose interest, and the 'coin' will ultimately die. The super stake idea is awesome, but it cannot be the end all for TEK. Thought must be placed into protecting value.  I believe the original intent was for so many folks to be bought into the concept, that the sheer numbers of folks staking would control the formation of new coins and slow the process. 

I was initially excited about a hard fork that would decrease the micro-transactions and increase my stake percentage.  While eliminating the staking on very small holding may still be good for the network, uncontrolled growth of the coin is not.  I am a fairly large holder, and I must admit that I prefer reducing the stake percentage to stabilize the coin, to the possibility of having trillions of TEK out there that nobody wants. It hurts me in growth, but goes a long way to protect value of my existing holding.

It has been an interesting experiment.  I will hold on for two reason: First, I did not sell the farm to buy in.  If I loose it all, I can chalk it up to a good idea that did not pan out. and perhaps I am wrong in my reasoning. ( I really don't think so....) and second, the 'powers that be' may come to their senses and fix the coin to protect the value.  Judging by the silence we are experiencing from the DEV team, I expect that is a pipe dream too.  I suspect they cashed out a long time ago, when a TEK sold for close to 2 cents each, and are laughing into their hands.

But who knows? I could be wrong... I certainly hope so.

DEVs dont have to be there at all.. they can hold or not hold Tekcoin they dont have to do anything.. and they have right to cashout when they want
But I am sure that they just take time to do the job and also it will make it very chip for some time so someone can jump in.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 08:39:03 AM

Wow, TEK has no opened buy orders, looks pretty grim

gribgo

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:58:10 AM

Wow, TEK has no opened buy orders, looks pretty grim

Not sure what it is? Now you can only BUY Tek, but cant sell any ..am I right?
any Ideas? Biomech has some contacts at Cryptsy.. We can ask him to get some more inside info..
I am sure it is not getting delisted or something like that, because they always make warnings about delisting before actually delisting the coin.
Cryptsy offline due to their twitter "Website offline due to denial of service attack. We are working to mitigate."
peace

EDIT: Now no orders cant be opened at any coin market.

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: