Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:37:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446017 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 02:07:18 AM

Is teh tekcoins fork in progress?

I sure hope so someone is messing with the difficulty again. 0.0049 today but the past 3 days it has been 0.009 to 0.012 it seems to be happening for about 15 days every month as I look back at our stakes, form the 28th or 29th of the month the difficulty goes up showing the rewards dropping to under 20% then after the 14th they seem to go back up. to 30 to 40%.

I have to wonder if its a competitor doing it, if it is actually malicious intent, if it is basic stupidity or if it is just under-educated staker(s). It's hard to tell by looking at the past staking rewards and difficulty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:49:19 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 04:11:39 AM by a_cat_named_joe

Now, it seems to be my turn to have synching issues. I'm stuck about five days back. The usual voodoo hasn't worked, and I'd like to NOT bootstrap if I can avoid it. Any ideas prior to a full bootstrap?

I'm hesitant in giving you advice because you have my ultra-respect. I've not tried syncing recently, because I had a very successful minting a short while ago. Try getting rid of cookies and other garbage slowing down your computer with the free version of Ccleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Try turning off your anti-virus program.

But I'm playing to the gallery here. Please tell me that you found my advice was useful and that all is well!!!

Unfortunately, not at all, as I run Ubuntu linux. But it's good advice for Windows, and probably useful for others. Not sure it would apply to this particular problem, anyway, but you never know. I tried launching it with it being the only service running other than my basic OS related stuff, no change, also tried deleting peers.dat and getting some known good peers from somebody with a synched wallet. That made it launch faster, but it still didn't go past the block it's stuck on.

Now, it seems to be my turn to have synching issues. I'm stuck about five days back. The usual voodoo hasn't worked, and I'd like to NOT bootstrap if I can avoid it. Any ideas prior to a full bootstrap?

restart wallet with reservebalance=1500000 in config, wait for sync and past write reservebalance false in console   Wink

my tek wallet work without stuck.

Hadn't thought of that! There are coins in stake, that could very well be the issue. I'll get back to you after I try it Cheesy

I forgot that you were on Ubuntu. While you are sorting things out on your side, I just fully synced up two weeks worth of blockchain using the Windows QT wallet. It took approximately 45 minutes with just a few little pauses. It has stayed stable for the last 10 minutes, so your problem might be due to a glitch similar to what some of us experienced a few weeks ago.

It could be that lots of micro-amounts were competing with each other make it into a block, maybe creating lots of orphans - enough to make it difficult for you to sync. I'm not sure how that would make you stall with 5 days to go though. I notice that the current difficulty is 0.01163326. That's quite high.

Johan 11's solution seems like it could be the best bet.
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:33:45 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 04:46:47 AM by a_cat_named_joe

There seems to be a discrepancy between our two main block explorers.

PressTab's currently shows a difficulty of 0.00384384         on block 1320669 (so did my wallet)
while BlockExperts' shows a difficulty of  0.01163326 stuck on block 1318135

Both are current readings accessed a couple of minutes ago. I wonder if this shows where the problem might lie and whether BlockExperts are running a Linux-based system?
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:54:37 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 05:24:57 AM by kiklo

There seems to be a discrepancy between our two main block explorers.

PressTab's currently shows a difficulty of 0.00384384         on block 1320669 (so did my wallet)
while BlockExperts' shows a difficulty of  0.01163326 stuck on block 1318135

Both are current readings accessed a couple of minutes ago. I wonder if this shows where the problem might lie and whether BlockExperts are running a Linux-based system?

@Biomech
Are you running on a 64bit version?

Peercoin had an issue a while back that forked between 32 bit versions & 64 bit versions
https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/issues/100

Cool
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:43:35 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 10:15:43 AM by gribgo

Is teh tekcoins fork in progress?

I sure hope so someone is messing with the difficulty again. 0.0049 today but the past 3 days it has been 0.009 to 0.012 it seems to be happening for about 15 days every month as I look back at our stakes, form the 28th or 29th of the month the difficulty goes up showing the rewards dropping to under 20% then after the 14th they seem to go back up. to 30 to 40%.

I have to wonder if its a competitor doing it, if it is actually malicious intent, if it is basic stupidity or if it is just under-educated staker(s). It's hard to tell by looking at the past staking rewards and difficulty.

Hi! Glad to see you here Smiley
I would tell you from my own investigation - I see it more like basic stupidity combined with TADAaaM!! Un-educated tek solominers! Some people throw their old hardware to solomine TEK, then forget about it for one-two weeks and it goes to their wallets as this dust of 1 -2 Tekcoins and then trying to stake..
I cant find any benefit in this kind of POS diff manipulations for the "atacker", but it greatly drives all community mad!
peace man

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:38:30 AM

Can someone explain to me, how is it possible staking diff does not go up after so many coins being staked?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gribgo

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:58:59 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 04:13:07 PM by gribgo

Hi! Tekheads! Heads Up! Smiley
Somehow everybody just ignored my Tekcoin feature proposal, so I post it here again!
And surely hope for at least some respond or critics or anything.. or does it sound stupid..
This is where we can go ..if look at the Tekcoin as a Product as my main job is PR.. I understand market positioning better then programming.
So I think of Tekcoin as a product on the market and what can pick up the price and create demand..
This simple marketing tools that used for wide range of products and are not new, but will bring more fresh blood into project!
I really wanted Thundertoe to get into discussion and Biomech as the part of active community here!
So here I go again:
What to do with millions of coins in the future? BURN them  ..please don't stop reading here, because I am not big fanatic of burning coins at all!
But! Yes we Can ask our DEV team to consider burning option in the wallet?
Let this burn option be the process that will somehow destroy coins in exchange for the new generated address unique to this wallet i.e. proof-of burn
SuperStake address! If coins send to this address they can stake at 41% no matter of the difficulty level
..lets say burn 100000tek = get address staking at 41% per 30 days
perhaps we can make something like if you burn  200000tek then the new address will stake at 42% etc until 50%
(it can be made math\formula\depend on how much you burn// like if you 220000 will get you 42.2% etc.)
So that would solve two main issues and answer the question WHY BUY TEK? This will generate an immediate demand rise and will blow some life into POW mining too!!!
And what to do with millions of coins ...and the hard fork is not out just yet
First I was thinking of - How you can improve the virtual miner? - you must make the one that mines Moooore!!! Smiley

the numbers and the concept need to be discussed here and ..peace to you all

--

gribgo

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:48:35 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 06:34:07 PM by gribgo

Few words about TEKcoin network..
Here is something unusual that we can see on the network hasrate chart

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/tekcoin-network-hashrate-chart

6 Dec between 10:00 and 11:00 GMT there was really strange spike in the network hashrate //as if we usually have 3-15THs network, then here it was 112THs for just one hour!
looks like attack..

shrimpdigger

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

NYC NYC NYC

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:41:38 PM

Somehow everybody just ignored my Tekcoin feature proposal, so I post it here again!
And surely hope for at least some respond or critics or anything.. or does it sound stupid..
This is where we can go ..if look at the Tekcoin as a Product as my main job is PR.. I understand market positioning better then programming.
So I think of Tekcoin as a product on the market and what can pick up the price and create demand..
This simple marketing tools that used for wide range of products and are not new, but will bring more fresh blood into project!
I really wanted Thundertoe to get into discussion and Biomech as the part of active community here!
So here I go again:
What to do with millions of coins in the future? BURN them  ..please don't stop reading here, because I am not big fanatic of burning coins at all!
Let this burn option be the process that will somehow destroy coins in exchange for the new generated address unique to this wallet i.e. proof-of burn
SuperStake address! If coins send to this address they can stake at 41% no matter of the difficulty level
perhaps we can make something like if you burn  200000tek then the new address will stake at 42% etc until 50%
(it can be made math\formula\depend on how much you burn// like if you 220000 will get you 42.2% etc.)
So that would solve two main issues and answer the question WHY BUY TEK? This will generate an immediate demand rise and will blow some life into POW mining too!!!
First I was thinking of - How you can improve the virtual miner? - you must make the one that mines Moooore!!! Smiley

--

BOS Burn of Stake. POB Proof of Burn.

Its an awesome idea, here my +1 to encourage community support towards something like this...

I unlocked wallet at diff 0.00288987 just now and just for the hell of it and Minted:1,297.35    at Block Height:   1321730..... watching the blockchain there are 2 large mints right there with me at 1321729 and 1321728.....
Did 3 of us just happen to open the wallet to stake a larger amount than all the blocks either sides by complete coincidence? Does the blockchain group together pos stakes that are over say 1000reward.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:16:29 PM

Cryptsy has locked the Tekcoin wallet and claims there is something wrong with the Tekcoin block chain. Is this true or is this another example of suspicious activity at Cryptsy?

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:57:38 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 12:03:31 AM by thundertoe

Cryptsy has locked the Tekcoin wallet and claims there is something wrong with the Tekcoin block chain. Is this true or is this another example of suspicious activity at Cryptsy?

no word yet.

TEKcoin has been added to https://wwww.bitebi9.com/markets/view/TEK_CNY
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:27:50 PM

So here I go again:

--

From the way you have written your examples it is unclear whether you mean that burning 100,000 would give you the guaranteed 41% superstake rate for 30 days (ie you need to burn another 100,000 next month) or if it would give you that rate forever.  Which do you mean?
gribgo

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:47:44 PM

So here I go again:

--

From the way you have written your examples it is unclear whether you mean that burning 100,000 would give you the guaranteed 41% superstake rate for 30 days (ie you need to burn another 100,000 next month) or if it would give you that rate forever.  Which do you mean?

You burn 100000 once and you will see the new address in your wallet. And if you send any amount to that address, then you will get exact 41% every month forever! And this address is locked to your wallet.dat
if you burn 123456tek then your another NEW address will stake at 41.23456...% and so on... but no more then lets say 50%
It will then make sense to buy some more tek to get privileged stake, but not for your pretty eyes, but for contributing 100000 (or how-much-you-choose)Tek in favor of taking out the excessive supply base.
ok/
peace

P.S. I was thinking of word sacrifice, but did not use this word, because then they will say we were a church

dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:07:05 AM

So here I go again:

--

Some neat ideas here. I'd be all for burning TEK to SuperTEK at 1000:1, with an initial ST rate of up to 80%. And if you could do it with one wallet, well, that would be cool.
Joebwan

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:46:25 AM

Interesting Idea Gribgo, Perhaps better if you have to 'purchase' the 41% each month though.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:00:39 AM

And why not create a btc faucet rotator and the incomes going for buy tek and burn them?
gribgo

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:34:52 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 03:51:31 PM by gribgo

So here I go again:

--

From the way you have written your examples it is unclear whether you mean that burning 100,000 would give you the guaranteed 41% superstake rate for 30 days (ie you need to burn another 100,000 next month) or if it would give you that rate forever.  Which do you mean?

You burn 100000 once and you will see the new address in your wallet. And if you send any amount to that address, then you will get exact 41% every month forever! And this address is locked to your wallet.dat
if you burn 123456tek then your another NEW address will stake at 41.23456...% and so on... but no more then lets say 50%
It will then make sense to buy some more tek to get privileged stake, but not for your pretty eyes, but for contributing 100000 (or how-much-you-choose)Tek in favor of taking out the excessive supply base.
ok/
peace

P.S. I was thinking of word sacrifice, but did not use this word, because then they will say we were a church

I also see the business opportunity here for the SuperStake Address owners as they can take other people deposits, then stake it all together for a small fee on this advanced stake-rate address and make payouts after 30 days back in the autopilot fashion to the addresses from what deposits were made... this will require coding from our Dev team..
I understand that its big work to do here, but I think it is time to move the concept forward.. unless the Devs have something that we dont know yet... didnt see a roadmap
peace

EDIT: P.S. The price will go up, because of very simple fact, that Every coin has Very Big Fans (VBF) and Just Holders(JH) and if the mechanism described above is launched, then VBF are going to start buying the coin right away, because its "cheap" (and actually showed the bottom and climbing up already)...
Then JH notice that the price is going up and reaches their level of "normal good" price.. and start buying too, but at higher price again!

EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:39:56 PM

Promising coin, I see good development. Good luck to the developers! Smiley

salaman112

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:42:40 PM

Ugh waiting for cryptsy to sort their shit out Sad

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:38:25 PM

no word yet.

TEKcoin has been added to https://wwww.bitebi9.com/markets/view/TEK_CNY

Thundertoe > there's a typo in the url you posted for the new exchange listing Tek. You've gone into overdrive with your wwwwws! You've put 4 instead of 3. People using Firefox have been getting untrusted connection warnings! Here's the corrected url:

bitebi9     https://www.bitebi9.com/markets/view/TEK_CNY

bitebi9 is a start up company within the Bao Luo Technology Company Ltd., Dalian, China. It is interesting because the only fiat featured there is Chinese CNY. Apparently you can buy BTC cheaper there. Lots of other coins are listed besides BTC and Tek.

The exchange looks like a Cryptsy subsidiary. mmmmmmm ... I wonder. Well worth encouraging in my book.
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: