Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:55:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
johan11

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:11:55 PM

I have no problem with sync wallet. I use 2.3.0.0 on Win home server. Sync and stake without stop.
Node please

16:10:26

getpeerinfo

16:10:33

"addr" : "50.154.235.171:8514",

"addr" : "69.197.161.122:8514",

"addr" : "91.121.168.82:8514",

"addr" : "108.226.131.169:8514",

"addr" : "177.95.24.83:8514",

"addr" : "75.74.98.28:8514",

"addr" : "186.39.222.135:8514",

"addr" : "79.109.115.125:8514",

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:21:57 PM

Biomech or Thundertoe.......

Any word on the fork?  I would also like to know if any thought is put into not having to sync the entire block chain for a wallet. It is becoming cumbersome. Is there a way to draw the line in the sand and say "the past is the past and what happened before..say 6 months ago is archived." then just download from that point to current. then every 6 months, archive another 6 months of the block chain.  Is this possible or just crazy talk?  Man I could see this becoming a monster in a few years, and that can't be good for the industry.

Actually, no, that is not possible without completely changing how the blockchain works. But you can download a bootstrap and speed up the process considerably. I'm pretty sure there's one maintained continuously posted in the OP. If I'm wrong on that, I will see if I can make it happen. I have the knowledge, just need hosting Tongue

Last time I talked to Thundertoe, a bit over a week ago, the fork was still being worked on. I didn't get an ETA. As I noted before, I'm not actually part of the dev team for TEK, aside from being an enthusiast and occasionally helping with testing and what not. I've got some inside contact, but at least currently, no inside information.

Thanks for the explanation Biomech. And the update. I did use a bootstrap, it was a bit dated and I still had to sync a lot of data which took over 30 hours to complete.  I am just considering the future.

TEK is only a couple of years old, and already the blockchain is becoming a bit of a beast.  What is it going to look like in 5 more years? and how is that going to effect folks wanting to have a wallet? If this experiment is ever going to go mainstream, it has to be feasible for folks to have and maintain a wallet. I know this is an issue for Bitcoin and the other Alts as well, but if something CAN be done, this is a way for TEK devs to distinguish this coin from some of the other rabble. Again, I'm not a programmer, and don't quite get the limitations of what can or cannot be done with a blockchain, but some forward looking thought should be put into the coin if we wish it to break away from the pack.

As a business man, I immediately recognized the value of SuperStake, and am now seeing that as a two edged sword.  I totally dislike the idea of trillions of TEK on the market diminishing the coin to absolutely no value. I am hoping that wider adoption, and more folks staking will help to take care of this issue, but if it adoption doesn't happen quickly enough, the stake rate MUST be address or we fail.  The same holds true for blockchain management.

As far as hard forks go, I would much rather see the dev team put some thought into maintaining value and ease of use, rather then simply focusing on preventing micro-staking.  It is arguable that micro-staking, as frustrating as it is for folks who see the difficulty climb and percentages drop, was having a bit of a calming effect on the coin  from a inflationary standpoint. Runaway staking and coin deployment is also not desirable.

Do we want a coin that is something special? If so, the Devs need to have some gimmicks ready. Why buy TEK? because of Superstake, and X, and Y.  We as a community also need to start coming up with ways to use TEK as more then just a staking asset. If the coin had intrinsic value, something other then the eco-mine aspect, (which we adore, but that alone will not save the coin) and the development team needs to be a partner in this.

Do we need to create a donation pool for the Dev team?  I realize they have lives too, and likely jobs to boot!
If compensation for their time a trouble would help, then us as a community have the obligation to make it possible for the team to spend more time on the project.  Perhaps some discussion with the community and some  brainstorming is in order, where members submit ideas and the team considers and discusses what is and is not possible.

I would love to hear Thundertoe weigh in on this a bit.

I can think of a couple of ways to handle blockchain bloat. One is "Thin" clients, like electrum, but able to calculate and properly distribute staking. I suspect this is a fairly trivial exercise for those who can code, but I don't actually know. Another would be to, as you said, combine and truncate the blockchain at some point. This is fraught with uncertainties and likely to be problematic, but it could be done. I actually would favor, in a fork, updating to the newest bitcoin core, because it is much more efficient at downloading the blockchain.

30 hours after using a bootstrap, though, that's weird. I synched from zero in roughly 40 hours. Just a few days ago I did this. Your comments are well thought out, and blockchain bloat is going to be a problem at some point going forward, but I think that the synching problems you're having are local.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:33:57 PM

I think we need to pull coins off cryptsy when we get the chance and establish another exchange other than cryptsy. There is something strange going on at cryptsy. Most higher trade coins are now in maintenance mode and they seem to be staying there indefinitely. People can't get BTC or litecoin out of there. We should decide to move all coins and trade from cryptsy and go to the next best exchange available. At this point I am making a call to move away from cryptsy.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
clockuniverse
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 06:45:26 PM

I think we need to pull coins off cryptsy when we get the chance and establish another exchange other than cryptsy. There is something strange going on at cryptsy. Most higher trade coins are now in maintenance mode and they seem to be staying there indefinitely. People can't get BTC or litecoin out of there. We should decide to move all coins and trade from cryptsy and go to the next best exchange available. At this point I am making a call to move away from cryptsy.

Too late.  Tek is already in maintenance mode.  I can't get Tek in or out of Crypsty.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 06:46:31 PM

if I can get my cryptos out of craptsy, I will buy 2 BTC of TEK on cryptopia (they are cheap there)

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:26:23 PM

Cryptopia does seem to support a lot of my favorite coins.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
lucazane
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 07:57:45 PM

they supports a lot of coins but the volumes are very low.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
Achastar

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:12:53 AM

they supports a lot of coins but the volumes are very low.
Yes,volume is low.I think that yobit will be good.Someone ask yobit?
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:20:49 AM

Has anyone tried to withdraw fiat from Cryptsy?

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:37:25 PM

I haven't been able to withdraw for months, they froze my account of all withdrawals for a bullshit reason. Lost about 0.14 btc worth of tekcoin at the time. Fiat might be the same but complaints of withdraw problems are cropping up everywhere. Since nobody has complained about fiat, that might still be good, for now.

Get your money out of cryptsy, asap.

I was just wondering if fiat was a viable alternative to overcome the problems with BTC withdrawal. I might consider the possibility of selling my BTC and trying to withdraw it as USD/EUR

lucazane
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 02:39:53 PM

I haven't been able to withdraw for months, they froze my account of all withdrawals for a bullshit reason. Lost about 0.14 btc worth of tekcoin at the time. Fiat might be the same but complaints of withdraw problems are cropping up everywhere. Since nobody has complained about fiat, that might still be good, for now.

Get your money out of cryptsy, asap.

I was just wondering if fiat was a viable alternative to overcome the problems with BTC withdrawal. I might consider the possibility of selling my BTC and trying to withdraw it as USD/EUR
try with altcoin.
In small quantity because if it doesn't work you can't cancel the withdrawal, it will stay in PENDING forever.

bestsponsor

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:03:29 PM

poloniex.com/coinRequest
Please send requests to add coins on the Poloniex exchange

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:18:21 PM

poloniex.com/coinRequest

Or more to cryptopia... I've moved over and have been working on volume there... ~700/day ish... trying to help with keeping the coin there...

This space not for rent...
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:15:08 PM

poloniex.com/coinRequest

Or more to cryptopia... I've moved over and have been working on volume there... ~700/day ish... trying to help with keeping the coin there...

We all know that - you cant kill the coin that does have community and big number of users, by just switching the wallet down on some exchange! Smiley
Pretty good survival potential of the tekcoin is known to its old users and what is going to happen next.. the coin will just move to another exchange.. like tekcoin just did!
We can ask our devs to implement the feature of burning X amount of coins in return for generated SuperStake address where coins can be minted at 4X.00% regardless of the pos difficulty.
I suggested 100000 coins to be burned for 41% SuperStake, 200000 for 42% ...etc. this will bring the element of "supply control" and my math is showing that - if even just 500 richest wallets will get at least one SuperStake address with just 41% it can take out 500*100000tek = 50 000 000 TEKcoins!!!!!!!!
  For the time of more then 2 years we have minted and mined just 92 514 401 TEK in existence (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tekcoin/)
=> The price will go to the moon within a week..
happy new year + peace to you all!!

--
=I/O CONFLIKT=

sneakgeekz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:12:59 PM

Price is up. Why? Did I miss some news.
I understand the price going up on craptsy because of withdraw issues and folks dont have anything else to do with their money but its also up on cryptopia.

Any theories?
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:26:02 PM

Price is up. Why? Did I miss some news.
I understand the price going up on craptsy because of withdraw issues and folks dont have anything else to do with their money but its also up on cryptopia.

Any theories?

more trading volume+more buyers=>price up
peace

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:11:36 AM

i have lot of orders on cryptopia and non on cryptsy.

It is nice there and withdrawals are fast.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Enema

Activity: 445

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:42:54 AM

poloniex.com/coinRequest

We all know that - you cant kill the coin that does have community and big number of users, by just switching the wallet down on some exchange! Smiley
Pretty good survival potential of the tekcoin is known to its old users and what is going to happen next.. the coin will just move to another exchange.. like tekcoin just did!
We can ask our devs to implement the feature of burning X amount of coins in return for generated SuperStake address where coins can be minted at 4X.00% regardless of the pos difficulty.
I suggested 100000 coins to be burned for 41% SuperStake, 200000 for 42% ...etc. this will bring the element of "supply control" and my math is showing that - if even just 500 richest wallets will get at least one SuperStake address with just 41% it can take out 500*100000tek = 50 000 000 TEKcoins!!!!!!!!
  For the time of more then 2 years we have minted and mined just 92 514 401 TEK in existence (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tekcoin/)
=> The price will go to the moon within a week..
happy new year + peace to you all!!

--
=I/O CONFLIKT=
There is no need for such a complicated method as you propose.
I am not good with math, but what is effective interest according your scheme ?
Burning X00K TEK 1st to make 40+ %, sounds like effective % a lot less then current scheme.

A simple coin swap with 1000/1 ratio will do the trick easy and is fair since your idea would only benefit big players.
Also it would make life a lot easier for the devs then a complicated scheme with the risk of being exploited.
Then we can also add a new and fresh blockchain.

Enema

Activity: 445

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:44:02 AM

===== Unofficial poll =====

Who would be interested in a coin swap ?

(Ratios open for debate, 100/1, 1000/1, other ?)

Post your vote !!

vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:18:53 AM

===== Unofficial poll =====

Who would be interested in a coin swap ?

(Ratios open for debate, 100/1, 1000/1, other ?)

Post your vote !!

Why?

This space not for rent...
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: