Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597301 times)
Gridcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 01:20:33 AM

Hi Andy--
Sorry for the delay, missed your last post about cpu mining.

First of all, the CPU-only mining feature is still in beta so the actual pay-out feature is not turned on, but I'm glad you are interested as I think it may become popular- you are the first user.

The CPU miner in the mining console is only there for security - it is not related to the CPU mining feature (even though the name is the same).  Anyway, the cpuminer (and cpuminer test) stores security info in the chain.  The CPU mining feature allows you to mine on the cpu only and be rewarded up to 150grc per day per boinc cpu-only user.  Yes, you can GPU-mine and cpu-mine at the same time.

Since you are the first user interested in testing, I will go along in parallel and work this out until we get the feature working.  You have your settings correct in the config file (cpumining=true).
Next, you said you already set up one of the 5 official boinc projects (the ones found in Boinc Projects screen, Malaria being #1).  You already set up your default GRC receiving address on the project web site.  Next ensure your receiving address in the Receive addressbook page is labeled as "Default" (by default, its labeled "Empty")- that has to be changed.  

Next go into the Projects screen and click Query.  Verify the avg credits value in the textbox next to the cpu project is 0 and there is no error on the screen to the right of the credits.  If it is -1, you may not have your receiving address registered.  Also verify boinc has done some work on that project, if so, what are your avg daily credits and project name?

On my machine, I have 821 daily credits showing for Malaria.  Once you are that far, we have to wait about 12 hrs to see if your machine sends out a beacon.  I just turned mine on, so we will have to wait a while.  Check the outgoing transactions to look for a transaction for .08GRC out.  You can label that GRC outbound address with your project, such as Malaria so you know what its for.

Once we get that far, let me know, and at that point we should see each other in the "listcpuminers" screen.  Then, we may be able to turn this feature on for payment in pool2.  The security upgrade is a higher priority so this may take more than 7 days to get to, but we'll see how far we get.

Best Regards,
Rob H.

Hi Rob,

Not a problem. I'm sure you have to be very busy.
Thanks for clearing everything out for me..as I've said I'm new to mining so my questions probably sound off sometimes.

From what you are writing it seems that everything on my side is probably setup correctly. Here is how it looks:
1. BOINC manager, the bottom one is the Malaria Control #1 in projects in wallet and its user name is set to the receiving address. https://i.imgur.com/2Q95pZr.png
2. My wallet where the receiving address is labeled "Default" https://i.imgur.com/oy8rhDP.png
3. This is the Projects from wallet and that is what is probably wrong. It shows "-11" and if I press "Query", nothing happens. https://i.imgur.com/oYFB4ns.png
   I have checked that the receiving address labeled "Default" is same as the user name on malariacontrol.net project web site. Also there are ~3800 kredits with ~350 avg. credits. so it has done some work on that project. The project name is malariacontrol.net..To be sure I've checked that again since there are 2 malaria projects on BOINC.

I'll keep it open and running BOINC however until the #3 is not resolved and showing correct values it's not working, am I right?

Regards,
Andrew.

Hi Andy,

I see your png's pictures, excellent, good job.
Well, I forgot something, no wonder it is not working.  We'll have to make a manual for this.
Once you do all that you did already, then we are supposed to go to the boinc web site for that particular project, for example, for Malaria, you log in to the same place you created your malaria account on their site (this is so there is no single point of failure for boinc API) and you find the link that lets you look at your average credits.  Find your userid, it should be a 5-7 digit numeric number.  Then take that number and put it in your Gridcoin Projects maintenance page in the textbox and press save (this info is only stored on your machine no one else can see it)- that is what links your wallet address to the boinc userid.

Then after it is saved (you can see it in gridcoin.conf, if you look) then click query.  The -11 should change to an amount of credits that matches Malaria.
Yeah, -11 means it cant find the userid.

Then, within 12 hours the program will send the beacon to the Malaria gridcoin project address with .04-.08grc in it.  At that point, we can run the "listcpuminers" and see if you are listed.

Ill wait for that.

Good luck,
Rob H.

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 01:26:17 AM

Ye the cards have to be separated otherwise they starting heating each other and that is very bad.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Also, out of curiosity, can I power 1 rig with more than one psu? Let's say I have a board that can house 7 cards, however even 1500w psu wouldn't be enough..can power 4 cards by one psu and 3 by another one?

Andrew.
This is a very good question.
Technically it is possible to short circuit the motherboard On wire to Ground? to permanently keep a smaller PSU running and use that for one card, but I highly discourage that.  Ive been down that road using beat up parts and its really not worth it.  Your better off buying a corsair 1050watt power supply.  Also, the cheap ebay power supplies aren't really any good.  They might work for a month and then you have to buy the corsair and throw the other one in the trash.  Also, good power supplies have a single rail so you wont unbalance the load by accidentally pulling 300 amps from one mosfet.  You might have to pay $200 for a good power supply but the machine will be stable and you can run 4-5 cards off of it.

Rob H.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 01:38:03 AM

Regarding the cards hanging from the top of his cage, most of the litecoin miners get cards such as the radeon 7950 frozr, and in order to have more than 2, you need whats called a powered riser, usually a 7" PCI-E extension cable (you can actually buy them on amazon), and they can plug in the 1x PCIe slot :
 http://www.amazon.com/Powered-PCIe-Riser-Molex-Connector/dp/B00D7LEKUK
Yes, this keeps the heat way down because the cards are far apart.  Ive been buying 16" square clothes hampers and building a rig with 2 on the board, 2 screwed to the top of the hamper and placing a box fan on the top- the hampers have holes on the side for airflow.  Milk crates work good too, if you can find one that holds the board.

Rob H.

Great, that is what I thought.

So regarding the BOINC part..for the future mining rewards, it also depends on the net # of BOINC credits that a particular miner creates, not only on the utilization, is that right? Or is it right only for CPU mining? Or not at all Smiley

Andrew.
For the gpu miners, the 5-150 grc is based on proc utilization + threads + avg_daily_credits (for all projects summed).  The avg_daily_credits isnt quite turned on yet, but will definately get used when people are close to pool mining so as to compete with each other fairly.  For Cpu-only mining, Berkeley does the PoW through the api checked through a gpu miners node (ie not checked by yourself Smiley, and its 100% based on the avg_daily_credits for the particular project that instance is working on.  For example, if your beacon went out for Malaria, you are competing against other Malaria miners in the CPU pool.  So technically, graphics cards do help on cpu-only mining, if they can raise the avg_daily_credits.   But while we are really small, youll probably get 150grc a day for a cpu, since were not splitting it up or competing with anyone.  When it heats up, the avg credits will actually matter, since it drives the boinc shares.

Id still build a rig, since you can make more GRC per hour, and you can do both.  The GPUs (and or asics in a few years) will always be part of the system since they check the work of the cpus and consolidate blocks.  Just so everyone knows my opinion, as long as asics are disruptive, we will make the program work for our group even if we have to embed our own scrypt miner in the program with a different password!  Im only for asics when they do not disturb our ecosystem.

Rob H.

Oscyf

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:39:58 AM

If someone could create a project in boinc to heal brains, that aren't able to mine that beautiful coin, like mine, It would be wonderful !! Cheesy

I have a few question if you can healp me :

- Are the wallet and boinc suffisant to mine or must we mine with cgminer too ?
- I see Boinc processor power 100 but boinc khps 0 oO! Is it normal ?
- I can't find myself in listminers but I'm registered in it ( I think ) getpoolminingmode gives : "PoolMiningMode=" : true

It seems obvious to mee that I'm not mining :/

Is a miner aside the wallet mandatory ? If yes, can I use reaper ?

Sorry for my English and for wasting your time

and thanks for your answers ^^
andrewp

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:23:51 AM

Hi Andy,

Well, I forgot something, no wonder it is not working.  We'll have to make a manual for this.
Once you do all that you did already, then we are supposed to go to the boinc web site for that particular project, for example, for Malaria, you log in to the same place you created your malaria account on their site (this is so there is no single point of failure for boinc API) and you find the link that lets you look at your average credits.  Find your userid, it should be a 5-7 digit numeric number.  Then take that number and put it in your Gridcoin Projects maintenance page in the textbox and press save (this info is only stored on your machine no one else can see it)- that is what links your wallet address to the boinc userid.

Then after it is saved (you can see it in gridcoin.conf, if you look) then click query.  The -11 should change to an amount of credits that matches Malaria.

Then, within 12 hours the program will send the beacon to the Malaria gridcoin project address with .04-.08grc in it.  At that point, we can run the "listcpuminers" and see if you are listed.

Ill wait for that.

Good luck,
Rob H.

Hi Rob,

Thanks, screenshots always do a lot Smiley

I saved the User ID into Gridcoin Projects as you wrote, it is now in gridcoin.conf. It stays saved and after pressing "query" I can now see the credits. So it works perfectly, thanks!

Briefly for a couple of minutes after downloading the new version(4.77) now, the Gridcoin Project displayed "-3", however now it again shows correct number of credits..thought it might be helpful info.
"listcpuminer" now shows 5 miners, all of which according to grc addresses are yours Smiley I'll let you know as soon as the beacon is sent from my wallet and if it lists me.

I'll make a simple manual for the cpu mining setup, with some pictures tomorrow(its 4 in the morning in Europe so I'll be off soon) if it helps..I think I've already asked all the questions that a new user might want to know and it seems to work Smiley

Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
andrewp

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:38:43 AM

This is a very good question.
Technically it is possible to short circuit the motherboard On wire to Ground? to permanently keep a smaller PSU running and use that for one card, but I highly discourage that.  Ive been down that road using beat up parts and its really not worth it.  Your better off buying a corsair 1050watt power supply.  Also, the cheap ebay power supplies aren't really any good.  They might work for a month and then you have to buy the corsair and throw the other one in the trash.  Also, good power supplies have a single rail so you wont unbalance the load by accidentally pulling 300 amps from one mosfet.  You might have to pay $200 for a good power supply but the machine will be stable and you can run 4-5 cards off of it.

Rob H.

I'm still really new to mining but from what I've learned so far the 2 most important thinks to have the rig stable and running to its full potential is good power supply and cooling.

andrewp

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:53:26 AM

For the gpu miners, the 5-150 grc is based on proc utilization + threads + avg_daily_credits (for all projects summed).  The avg_daily_credits isnt quite turned on yet, but will definately get used when people are close to pool mining so as to compete with each other fairly.  For Cpu-only mining, Berkeley does the PoW through the api checked through a gpu miners node (ie not checked by yourself Smiley, and its 100% based on the avg_daily_credits for the particular project that instance is working on.  For example, if your beacon went out for Malaria, you are competing against other Malaria miners in the CPU pool.  So technically, graphics cards do help on cpu-only mining, if they can raise the avg_daily_credits.   But while we are really small, youll probably get 150grc a day for a cpu, since were not splitting it up or competing with anyone.  When it heats up, the avg credits will actually matter, since it drives the boinc shares.

Id still build a rig, since you can make more GRC per hour, and you can do both.  The GPUs (and or asics in a few years) will always be part of the system since they check the work of the cpus and consolidate blocks.  Just so everyone knows my opinion, as long as asics are disruptive, we will make the program work for our group even if we have to embed our own scrypt miner in the program with a different password!  Im only for asics when they do not disturb our ecosystem.

Rob H.

This is all perfectly thought out! Smiley
If I'm correct this all means that in the future it will be more and more important to dedicate as much computing power to BOINC projects from miners to get more shares and earn more GRC. More BOINC=More GRC, right? Smiley
What if someone would have a GPU rig mainly for mining with a low end CPU doing BOINC and maybe a server on a side with 2 Xeons doing A LOT of BOINC...would those results be added up for that miner, or you want to keep it one machine one result? Also the same for CPU mining..if I would use the same receiving address, same project and same ID on mupltiple machines, the shares will add up, right?

Sure I'll definately get the rig asap Smiley From what has been said I understand that the CPU the rig is going to have will be very important in the future when more and more miners come, right?

Andrew.

andrewp

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:02:14 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 04:14:37 AM by andrewp

If someone could create a project in boinc to heal brains, that aren't able to mine that beautiful coin, like mine, It would be wonderful !! Cheesy

- I can't find myself in listminers but I'm registered in it ( I think ) getpoolminingmode gives : "PoolMiningMode=" : true

Hi,

yeah, that would help me a lot too Smiley

For CPU mining the wallet and boinc are sufficient. For GPU mining you need the miner.

If I'm correct from what has been written here, you first need to mine a block before "listminers" recognizes you and you'll receive rewards.

I hope the answers are correct and infact help you Smiley
It definitely is not a waste of time Smiley

Regards,
Andrew.

thenoblebot

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:36:25 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 05:23:17 AM by thenoblebot

Hi GridCoin and Andrew,

Problem 1 :

I have done everything as you asked Andrew to do (since I am CPU mining as well) . However I am unlear by what you mean by "Gridcoin Projects maintenance page in the textbox"

Find your userid, it should be a 5-7 digit numeric number.  Then take that number and put it in your Gridcoin Projects maintenance page in the textbox and press save (this info is only stored on your machine no one else can see it)- that is what links your wallet address to the boinc userid.

I have SETI and Rosetta projects then would these be the pages - http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/home.php and http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php ? If those are the pages you mean by Gridcoin Projects maintainence page then I cant find the place to put my user id to connect to my wallet. Kindly let me know what I am doing wrong.

Problem 2 : GUI Miner missing

(From what I understand I cant CPU mine without GPU so this is a secondry but still an important step to make it more efficient.)

Also the mining console shows me "GUI Miner missing" at the bottom along with "0 KHps". I have the guiminer (extracted) folder at "C:\Program Files\Gridcoin" .
So I tried executing the guimer application from within the (extracted and correctly placed) folder but it displays a dialog box which says "Errors Occurred" - "See log file guiminer.exe for more details". The file shows the following
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "guiminer.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "pyopencl\__init__.pyo", line 4, in <module>
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 12, in <module>
  File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
ERROR:root:Exception:
  File "guiminer.py", line 3085, in run
  File "guiminer.py", line 2457, in __init__
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 11206, in Enable
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
  File "guiminer.py", line 3094, in <module>
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
ERROR:root:Exception:
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item" failed at ..\..\src\common\menucmn.cpp(841) in wxMenuBase::Enable(): wxMenu::Enable: no such item

Please let me know what I am doing wrong ?

Just for more clarity my gridcoin.conf has the following contents

Code:
server=1
rpcuser=myusername
rpcpassword=mypassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
cpumining=true
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:06:39 AM

Is there a way to change this black color on the GUI?
I just updated to the last version and now most of the GUI is black. o.o
https://i.imgur.com/X5ygmFt.png
thenoblebot

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:19:24 AM

bump ... still no reply to my previous problems (which I am classifying by numbers so you can deal with them in a more organized manner).... things are getting from bad to worse ... read on

Problem 3: Password problem

Now my desktop hung up and would show a black screen (its a fresh install of windows 7 so I suspect its your software).
After hanging up i restarted it and opened Boinc Manager window (its already on autostart preference). To my surprise it started saying "You have an incorrect password". And it said "disconnected" at the bottom. Since I had not changed the password at all I decided to reboot it and check. Again to my surprise it worked fine just as before.

These are unexpected things happening while running gridcoin-qt!!

Problem 4: Credits Problem

I have SETI and Rosetta running - SETI has completed 2 tasks while Rosetta has completed one.All the tasks show "ready to report" but Rosetta has granted credit while SETI has not granted any credit on their respective homepages. Why this discrepancy ?

You can see the images here to make things more clear http://imgur.com/iGUMZO6&a3D1ZBQ&Owu6U6B.

The Rosetta page is giving a "client error" on one of the tasks as is evident from the images. What is causing that ?

Also it has been about a day since the desktop has been running and there are credits on the rosetta page which show that some work has been done. However I have not received any gridcoins yet. Are the two numbers (credits on the home page and gridcoins recieved) related in some way ?

Dont get me wrong, I am all for science (infact I used to run BOINC on my desktop a couple of years back too) but if we are to make gridcoin successful then we need better support. Or a generations' computing resources are just going to go to waste !!
Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:36:22 PM

Just a few updates, and a very important message, and Ill try to answer the CPU mining questions asap.

1) Mac Client: Our Linux programmer has explained to me that he can handle the creation of the mac client.  The mac client depends on the Linux client.  The Linux client is currently back in development while we add the boinc security / cpuminer feature.  We'll start a thread for the progress on that.  So, mac client is not forgotten, it is behind the Linux version.

2) We are going to start enforcing the new boinchash starting with block 26150.  This should occur on Wednesday 12-4-2013 @ approximately 5PM CST.   Please upgrade your client before that date!!!!!! This is extremely important, because the older versions do not put all of the security information in the chain, and if you are running an older version (before version 25 in the mining screen), your blocks will not be accepted by anyone else on the network!  Therefore, you will not be able to mine!  So please upgrade now, and although we will have a new version available before that time, you will be able to type "upgrade" from the command line to get the latest before Wednesday.  I have been looking at the last 30 blocks, and I see approximately 33% of our network is still running the old version.  We should try to achieve 100% by Wednesday so miners aren't attempting to propogate bad blocks to the network.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:43:41 PM

Hi Oscyf--
      Wallet + Boinc=CPUMining; Feature still in beta.  Currently you need guiminer or reaper or cgminer

Yes, normal.  As long as "Boinc Block:" has a hex # in it your console is fine.

You have to successfully mine a full block before listminers picks you up in the pool.

Good luck.
Rob H.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:53:21 PM

Hi Andy,

Ill wait for that.

Good luck,
Rob H.
Hi Andrew,

Glad to hear your project screen is now picking up credits.

Here are the codes explaining that -3 was apparently a bad internet connection to the Berkeley API at that particular time

'-1 Wallet address does not match API address
        '-2 General Exception
        '-3 Cannot connect to Berkeley API
        '-11 Bad or missing ProjectId
        '-12 Invalid UserId
        'Positive number = User Project Avg Daily Credits

Should be ok in prod because GPU miners will check occasionally to try to fill in that number in their dictionary and that results in payment in pool2.

Thanks,
Rob H.

Hi Rob,

Thanks, screenshots always do a lot Smiley

I saved the User ID into Gridcoin Projects as you wrote, it is now in gridcoin.conf. It stays saved and after pressing "query" I can now see the credits. So it works perfectly, thanks!

Briefly for a couple of minutes after downloading the new version(4.77) now, the Gridcoin Project displayed "-3", however now it again shows correct number of credits..thought it might be helpful info.
"listcpuminer" now shows 5 miners, all of which according to grc addresses are yours Smiley I'll let you know as soon as the beacon is sent from my wallet and if it lists me.

I'll make a simple manual for the cpu mining setup, with some pictures tomorrow(its 4 in the morning in Europe so I'll be off soon) if it helps..I think I've already asked all the questions that a new user might want to know and it seems to work Smiley

Andrew.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 03:56:37 PM

Problem 1 :

I have done everything as you asked Andrew to do (since I am CPU mining as well) . However I am unlear by what you mean by "Gridcoin Projects maintenance page in the textbox"

------------->  From the wallet main page, click on "Projects".  The white textbox next to the project is the place you put in your boinc userid.

Problem 2 : GUI Miner missing

(From what I understand I cant CPU mine without GPU so this is a secondry but still an important step to make it more efficient.)

---------------------->  Gui miner should be the "scrypt alpha" version (not the sha version---- google GuiMiner Scrypt Alpha and youll find tacotimes thread on bitcointalk with the download).
Place it in your AppData directory (users~appdata\roaming\gridcoin) Not in your program files directory.

------------------------->  If you are receiving guiminer errors, try to mine litecoin and diagnose the issue first then come back to gridcoin (after you figure our how to mine with scrypt).

All the best,
Rob Halford

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 04:02:31 PM

bump ... still no reply to my previous problems (which I am classifying by numbers so you can deal with them in a more organized manner).... things are getting from bad to worse ... read on

Problem 3: Password problem

Now my desktop hung up and would show a black screen (its a fresh install of windows 7 so I suspect its your software).
After hanging up i restarted it and opened Boinc Manager window (its already on autostart preference). To my surprise it started saying "You have an incorrect password". And it said "disconnected" at the bottom. Since I had not changed the password at all I decided to reboot it and check. Again to my surprise it worked fine just as before.

These are unexpected things happening while running gridcoin-qt!!

------------------>  You may want to solve your personal technical problems first.

Problem 4: Credits Problem

I have SETI and Rosetta running - SETI has completed 2 tasks while Rosetta has completed one.All the tasks show "ready to report" but Rosetta has granted credit while SETI has not granted any credit on their respective homepages. Why this discrepancy ?

You can see the images here to make things more clear http://imgur.com/iGUMZO6&a3D1ZBQ&Owu6U6B.

The Rosetta page is giving a "client error" on one of the tasks as is evident from the images. What is causing that ?

----------------->  The BOINC program and its errors should be taken up on the BOINC forums not on the Gridcoin forums!

Also it has been about a day since the desktop has been running and there are credits on the rosetta page which show that some work has been done. However I have not received any gridcoins yet. Are the two numbers (credits on the home page and gridcoins recieved) related in some way ?

Dont get me wrong, I am all for science (infact I used to run BOINC on my desktop a couple of years back too) but if we are to make gridcoin successful then we need better support. Or a generations' computing resources are just going to go to waste !!

-------------->  We may have to stop working on this CPU mining feature until it can be made easier to use.  Im personally not happy with the level of support required for the first 3 users Smiley.  Sorry, but this is a large, complicated project and unless we can make this a little easier to deal with, this part of it MAY need shelved.  But for now, we'll keep moving and see how our first 2 users fare in pool2.

andrewp

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:09:29 PM

-------------->  We may have to stop working on this CPU mining feature until it can be made easier to use.  Im personally not happy with the level of support required for the first 3 users Smiley.  Sorry, but this is a large, complicated project and unless we can make this a little easier to deal with, this part of it MAY need shelved.  But for now, we'll keep moving and see how our first 2 users fare in pool2.

Hi Rob,

just posting what's also on the other forum so it's up to date here too.

Finally the beacon was sent out, transaction has been confirmed by the network and ''listcpuminers'' already recognizes me..so everything works perfectly now.
Since last time we talked about the beacon sending, my wallet has crashed twice(which didn't happen before)..I suppose it might have been due to it trying to send the beacon(also I might be totally wrong Smiley), however now since I updated to the latest version 4.77, the beacon went out and everything works fine and stable.

Today I'll try to create the CPU mining manual from what I know and post it..hope this will help.

Regards,
Andrew.

thenoblebot

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:42:25 PM

Hi Rob,

Apparently I got things to work and all of a sudden I got a balance of about 0.0000x gridcoins (a teeny weeny amount).. they were unconfirmed transactions. So I thought I should restart the wallet and leave it on. But when I restarted the wallet (which also meant that the miner would shut down) , it said "rescanning" at the bottom of the wallet while opening and now I cant see the GRC credit I recieved.

Can you tell me why this happened ?
Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 09:43:25 PM

Hi Andrew--

Yeah, I think I introduced that crash when we adding the charting boinc historical avg_credits using the background thread, and Ive been trying to find that - actively.  I think we finally fixed it by charting on the main thread and fixing the "red X" that would occasionally appear on the chart; all 4 of my machines have been up for 30 hours now, so I am hoping that problem is behind us.

Regarding the beacon, I see you in position #2.  Glad we were able to move the project along to this point.  What are your total credits for that project?  Ill look into what our next step is in enabling pool2; but not sure how long that is going to take.  

Rob H.

thenoblebot

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:56:25 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 04:40:04 AM by thenoblebot

Hi Rob,

Ok just as I was writing a similar amount of credit appeared back into the wallet. Not sure if its the same. When I click on "Transactions" in the wallet it shows a big red square on the column to the left of "Date" column. Upon right clicking "Show transaction details" in the wallet it says -

"status: 0/offline, has not been successfully broadcast yet" and
"From: unknown" (along with transaction details.)

So something I am confused about is that - isn't the GRC to be credited with a minimum of 5 (+ depending on BOINC utilization ) ? I suppose the GRC I have are not there due to finding a block. Am I correct ? And if I am correct then it has already been more than a day easily since the miner has been running and no GRC yet ... is this normal (how long does it take?) ?

Also, one of the projects I have running is SETI , however it does not show up in the "Project Console" so that I can link my user id for the same(SETI) as you directed before.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: