Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2546 times)
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:21:33 AM

I think hodling or holding is the best choice for me as of now. The market is not in a good mood what I mean is this time is not time to sell but to buy. Trading is a good idea too but if I'm trading I will ensure that the coin that I want to trade is better than what I'm hodling now. When you are hodling or trading just make sure that you can get a profit from your starting funds.
Holding is by far the best and safest choice, I know that a lot of people see more potential to get profits with trading and they are not wrong but there is also a greater risk and if you are like me and you prefer to have lesser profits but a lesser risk as well then holding is the perfect strategy, besides it has been proven several times that holding is more profitable than trading for most people.

holding this time I think it's a gambling option, that's my opinion, if the price goes up the gains get big profits, but if a trader is a liability, better short trading further reduces risk. trading short time but consistently more profitable than long time investment
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:38:54 PM

Holding is less risky. It brings fewer profits than trading, but you are always in plus. When trading, you can lose all the money that you invested in the crypto.
denisaardelean

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:42:46 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA
I find that we should not believe that hold will be profitable at the present time, it can be seen that bitcoin prices are constantly falling deep and this time you can clearly see the price of altcoin is falling very slim. If you keep altcoin, the chances of loss will be high and you will be able to lose a lot of money if bitcoin prices continue to fall further. So I think we should only trade short term.
GideonGono

Activity: 2030
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 03:28:12 AM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA

Well its profitable when it comes from the word holding or hodl , in which you wait until the price comes up , but then again also if you wanted to earn more or little by little starting to conduct a basic review on what field you wanted to learn such as , mining , trading , and so on and so forth.

Its better to have a right amount knowldge and including experience , so day by day there is a improvement , dont be discouraged on some things you cannot understand , try to have a self explanation and understanding so that you may know the ways on earning , dont get tired , dont get lazy , get up , and read as much as you can , and learn as much as you can.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bluemoon84

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:32:51 AM

If you can stomach the swings then I would say trade away, but if you can't stand the thought of going to exchanges and looking at the prices every couple of days then leave it for sure. Though, you may quickly do a short trade but you have to be very vigilant because there is a tendency that you might lose your money if you didn't monitor the market activities well.
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:31:48 AM

Me Hodl Cheesy

I choose both activities. Everything depends on the situation on the market. When altcoins and Bitcoin start to fall, I hold them certainly. When I see I have some profit already and the market is up, I trade.
JRoa

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:03:37 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
Most of the cryptocurrencies are good for long term investment because the cryptocurrencies is still not booming. I am sure that all of them will become more valuable if all of the people will start patronizing cryptocurrencies.

Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:20:17 AM

If you want to become a trader then hodl your alts first and learn the basics of trading. Trading is more risky than holding your coins so you should not start your trading unprepared to minimize any loss that you may encounter when you start to trade. Trading is also full time because you have to monitor the price movements of your coins in market. Those who works or have no time to trade, hodl is best for them.
Luckym7

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:06:07 AM

At the moment there are too many people join in cryptocurrency trading. Day by day too many people involved in crypto because of cryptocurrency very popular in this digital world. Most of the people hold because this system is a low risk so several people like to hold his altcoin. I suggest a newbie must hold if you don’t want to lose your money. I think holding is perfect for everyone.
enwi

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:49:46 AM

the decision is in your hands and you should be able to learn from your experience so that you can make the right decision whether to hold or trade, if there is a chance to earn profit then take it

doublecoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:00:53 AM

being as an investor in a cryptocurrency  we should trade and hold at the same time timing and decision is important for crypto currency market trade at pump times and hodl at the time of panic market
ImogenRansford

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:39:14 AM

holder is the best Grin Grin
sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:51:12 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
since you mentioned that you don't have experience in trading, its better to just hodl. but if you want to learn, start from very small amount to minimize loses. the objective is to learn and earning is secondary.
also, if you want to hodl long term, you may select just a few promising altcoin and the rest will be exchanged to btc or eth.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
kyori

Activity: 335

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:28:40 AM

Trading is for the experts only because it takes too much time to understand the market condition and if you trade without any knowledge you will lose your investments so I suggest to you to hold and learn trading

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:44:58 AM

Trading is for the experts only because it takes too much time to understand the market condition and if you trade without any knowledge you will lose your investments so I suggest to you to hold and learn trading
An expert will start from the beginning, a professional will start from failure. so failure and experience is what will make a person become a professional trader. therefore never be pessimistic and we should always assume optimistic that when we can succeed that is when we struggle and do the best. so keep trying and never be afraid to take decisions, the experience will make us learn to make the best decisions. our science will continue to grow and it will make us get more chances to become someone who is successful.
KateBjelkePetersen

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:50:32 AM

I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.
If you hold continuously you will get more profit so your gain will be raise on future. The current market is green know so many of them believe the Crypto potential and it will raise gradually in future. Majority of the investors are again invest on Bitcoin so surely we will expect good hype in market. My suggestion is trading and holding both are good for this scenario.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
WilliamMatthews

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:54:18 AM

couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.
Gufeng

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:58:26 AM

Experience will teach you a lot of great things. However, avoid learning about trading in an expensive way. You should just avoid becoming too emotional in trading, avoid getting FOMOed and avoid panic selling because this only leads to losses. As to the time when to trade, you must trust your own judgement and speculation, because people will just advise you to buy or sell this or that depending on what they are holding and think that would help them improve the market of what coin they are supporting, again their opinion is based on their judgment, you must make your own decision.
For me the choice is obvious because I'm having a regular job around my area and I literally haven't lot of free time to beat trading all day, so because of that I am just holding what I have.
Chooroz

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
For me trading is a good move to earn a great income but i dont advicing you to do trading especially when you dont have yet any experience because many people are loosing there money in trading so for me you should more focus holding your coin.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: