Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:26:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed]R17x: Black Arrow Prospero X-3 <DZMC Exclusive> $130 / 40GHS  (Read 121607 times)
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:54:10 AM

another update:

Black Arrow July 6th 2014 Update

Shipping has started!

Minion

We have tested the Minion powered at 0.6V and the efficiency is 0.5W/ghash at the wall while hashing at 50Ghash. This translates into $1.1/Ghash at this outstanding efficiency.

Prospero X-1

1.Shipping: This week we have manufactured and have been shipping Prospero X-1 miners (Control Board – Original Design). We will clear all X1 orders by the end of July. Customers will be receiving their shipping information as soon as their order will be processed. Our shipment from Black Arrow has confirmed to have left on Saturday.
2.LCD has been tested successfully with the touch panel using our hardware. Following this we are putting it to mass production on Monday and it will be attached to miners as soon as it arrives.
3.WiFi – For the reasons explained in our previous update, WiFi antennas will be delivered together with the units containing LCD.
4.Units will be dispatched without LCD and WiFi until the LCDs will be delivered to us.
5.User Manual can be downloaded from http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-support.html.
6.Photos from our assembly line are available at http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/42-06-july-update/

Prospero X-2

1.Following market trends, we decided to manufacture a new product which can achieve a lower price per GHash. LCD, WiFi and build in PSU will be not included in the X-2. The idea behind X-2 is to use 1 hashing module from Prospero X3 and power it up with an ATX PSU. Several modules can be powered by one single ATX supply.
2.The hashing power will be around 240 GHash/s.
3.We are now in testing phase of the prototype and we will have a case designed and ready under a week time.
4.We will put this product to sale from stock only.

Prospero X-3

1.We have completed the assembly of first prototype using the new Backplane of Prospero X-3. Testing results have been successful. Following this we progressed to next stage and we have placed the order for mass production.
You can find a short video with our testing at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfwnKZTeAG8
2.We have already manufactured 10% of the X-3 backplanes which are now in SMT line for assembly. We expect to deliver them by 12th of July
3.Deliveries of all X-3 current orders will be completed by the end of the month.
4.LCD will be attached to the miners as soon as they are delivered. All units will be dispatched without LCD. until LCD parts will be delivered to us
5.To prevent interference in the datacenter this product does not have WiFi module/capabilities.
Rent-A-Minion
The service will start according to the place in the queue as soon as the hardware is ready.
Compensation
Currently we are unable to raise the compensation more than announced previously. The final decision will be made after we complete all deliveries in order to calculate the yield and our final costs.
However, we have done all preliminary calculations possible right now and due to our design focused on quality including:
-8 layer PCBs
-heatpipe heatsinks
-aluminium case
-included power supply
-long life 4 wire 5000 RPM fans
-genuine parts (capacitors, resistors, mosfets, inductors etc)
-capacitors that cannot not explode
Our current design will not be able to directly compete on price with competitors’ design most of which are using one or more of the following:
-4 layers PCBs
-extruded aluminum heatsinks
-steel cases or case-less units
-no power supplies
-1500 rpm 2 wire fan (no speed control, no rpm reading)
As currently there are lower cost designs for our ASICs, at this point we would like to offer our loyal customers the possibility to exchange their order to Minion ASICs. We are now offering to exchange your order to ASIC at a discounted price of lower than $0.5/Ghash as follows:
-Each X3 preorder can be exchanged for 100 ASICS
-Each X1 preorder can be exchanged for 6 ASICs
-Each $55 paid for Rent-A-Minion service can be exchanged for 1 ASIC
Note that customers who choose to exchange their orders for ASICs forfeit the compensation announced previously.
Dispatch for the Minions is available immediately
Any customer that wishes to swap their order for ASICs, we have other assembly options available.
For R17,

Every share of R17 can be converted to 2 Bare Minion Chips. Technobit has a 4 chip board design that has been tested. If anyone wishes to take the chips for their shares  (we will be able to start shipping chips on Wednesday) people who request bare chips that are within the US will have free 2nd day air shipping to them.

We will also be shipping chips to technobit as a bulk order for discounted assembly services if you would like to do this we can add your chips to these shipments.

PSU's for the first shipment of X3's has been sent to minersource, some R17 machines are part of the first order / shipment that will be received.

Okay so I read a chip can do 50 gh using 25 watts. 

So I have 5 shares left that is 10 chips or 500gh at 250 watts.  but I will need to buy technobit boards 3 of them.

1 board will have 2 chips 2 boards will have 4 chips.   I will have 3 boards i need to power and cool.

lets say for old times sake and the money you did make for me which on the other deals is over   4 grand.

what do I have to send to get 3 working boards?

using the ten chips due me.

Are you insane? running the numbers at 50gh/chip my 14 shares would give me 1.4TH but I would need to buy 7 boards. 1.4TH would yield about $650 in first month (IF WE HAD THEM UP AND RUNNING RIGHT NOW, they say 2 weeks after reiciving chips they deliver!), so laying out $1800 for boards to generate 650 next month and maybe 400 the next?? There is absolutely nothing about this deal that adds up to anything other than fraud!.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thomas_s (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:27:09 AM

another update:

Black Arrow July 6th 2014 Update

Shipping has started!

Minion

We have tested the Minion powered at 0.6V and the efficiency is 0.5W/ghash at the wall while hashing at 50Ghash. This translates into $1.1/Ghash at this outstanding efficiency.

Prospero X-1

1.Shipping: This week we have manufactured and have been shipping Prospero X-1 miners (Control Board – Original Design). We will clear all X1 orders by the end of July. Customers will be receiving their shipping information as soon as their order will be processed. Our shipment from Black Arrow has confirmed to have left on Saturday.
2.LCD has been tested successfully with the touch panel using our hardware. Following this we are putting it to mass production on Monday and it will be attached to miners as soon as it arrives.
3.WiFi – For the reasons explained in our previous update, WiFi antennas will be delivered together with the units containing LCD.
4.Units will be dispatched without LCD and WiFi until the LCDs will be delivered to us.
5.User Manual can be downloaded from http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-support.html.
6.Photos from our assembly line are available at http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/42-06-july-update/

Prospero X-2

1.Following market trends, we decided to manufacture a new product which can achieve a lower price per GHash. LCD, WiFi and build in PSU will be not included in the X-2. The idea behind X-2 is to use 1 hashing module from Prospero X3 and power it up with an ATX PSU. Several modules can be powered by one single ATX supply.
2.The hashing power will be around 240 GHash/s.
3.We are now in testing phase of the prototype and we will have a case designed and ready under a week time.
4.We will put this product to sale from stock only.

Prospero X-3

1.We have completed the assembly of first prototype using the new Backplane of Prospero X-3. Testing results have been successful. Following this we progressed to next stage and we have placed the order for mass production.
You can find a short video with our testing at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfwnKZTeAG8
2.We have already manufactured 10% of the X-3 backplanes which are now in SMT line for assembly. We expect to deliver them by 12th of July
3.Deliveries of all X-3 current orders will be completed by the end of the month.
4.LCD will be attached to the miners as soon as they are delivered. All units will be dispatched without LCD. until LCD parts will be delivered to us
5.To prevent interference in the datacenter this product does not have WiFi module/capabilities.
Rent-A-Minion
The service will start according to the place in the queue as soon as the hardware is ready.
Compensation
Currently we are unable to raise the compensation more than announced previously. The final decision will be made after we complete all deliveries in order to calculate the yield and our final costs.
However, we have done all preliminary calculations possible right now and due to our design focused on quality including:
-8 layer PCBs
-heatpipe heatsinks
-aluminium case
-included power supply
-long life 4 wire 5000 RPM fans
-genuine parts (capacitors, resistors, mosfets, inductors etc)
-capacitors that cannot not explode
Our current design will not be able to directly compete on price with competitors’ design most of which are using one or more of the following:
-4 layers PCBs
-extruded aluminum heatsinks
-steel cases or case-less units
-no power supplies
-1500 rpm 2 wire fan (no speed control, no rpm reading)
As currently there are lower cost designs for our ASICs, at this point we would like to offer our loyal customers the possibility to exchange their order to Minion ASICs. We are now offering to exchange your order to ASIC at a discounted price of lower than $0.5/Ghash as follows:
-Each X3 preorder can be exchanged for 100 ASICS
-Each X1 preorder can be exchanged for 6 ASICs
-Each $55 paid for Rent-A-Minion service can be exchanged for 1 ASIC
Note that customers who choose to exchange their orders for ASICs forfeit the compensation announced previously.
Dispatch for the Minions is available immediately
Any customer that wishes to swap their order for ASICs, we have other assembly options available.
For R17,

Every share of R17 can be converted to 2 Bare Minion Chips. Technobit has a 4 chip board design that has been tested. If anyone wishes to take the chips for their shares  (we will be able to start shipping chips on Wednesday) people who request bare chips that are within the US will have free 2nd day air shipping to them.

We will also be shipping chips to technobit as a bulk order for discounted assembly services if you would like to do this we can add your chips to these shipments.

PSU's for the first shipment of X3's has been sent to minersource, some R17 machines are part of the first order / shipment that will be received.

Okay so I read a chip can do 50 gh using 25 watts. 

So I have 5 shares left that is 10 chips or 500gh at 250 watts.  but I will need to buy technobit boards 3 of them.

1 board will have 2 chips 2 boards will have 4 chips.   I will have 3 boards i need to power and cool.

lets say for old times sake and the money you did make for me which on the other deals is over   4 grand.

what do I have to send to get 3 working boards?

using the ten chips due me.

The chips do 120 GH/s at 1200Mhz, if you underclock the chip it will get .5w /GH @ 50 GH. Trading in 5 shares would get 10 chips that would do about 1.2 TH/s. We are talking with Technobit about allowing payment for assembly with chips, as well as a bulk discount on assembly if you bundle your chip assembly with our shipments.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:01:30 AM

Hi thomas, thanks for helping with the option of assembly by technobit.
Would you be able then to host the boards for us and for how much, or do you prefer us just to take delivery ourselves?

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 10:30:59 AM

Would you be able then to host the boards for us and for how much, or do you prefer us just to take delivery ourselves?

Also Thomas, could you advise us what the discount is, and for me ( 7 shares=14 chips, so 3 boards and 2 spare chips)  can the money that I have left from the 1 share over= 2 chips be used to pay for the assembly?

Not being funny but I have no interest in bare chips.
davideak

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:33:02 PM

For R17,

Hi,

What happens to ppl in the GB that don't want chips?
When does theGB start hashing?

Thanks Dave

Cloud Mining - CEX.IO / 20 GB Free Storage - COPY / Cryptsy - exchange of Crypto-Currency
Liked a post? Feeling generous? Donations accepted {BTC}: 1EADoAKbhw37y3MYPJfLdsrMDNCNGNG7hE
howardb

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:17:53 PM

I calculate that if we take the R17's and hash them we are probably only good for about 1 dollar in 3 return. Probably get a better return going legal on Minersource.
drmadison

Activity: 151
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:33:06 PM

I calculate that if we take the R17's and hash them we are probably only good for about 1 dollar in 3 return. Probably get a better return going legal on Minersource.

Pretty sure this wasn't a "Minersource" buy, it was a DZMC...
And if you think you're getting better than 33 cents on the dollar for anything involving lawyers...good luck on that.

In reality the delays happened, they sucked, at least we have options to get chips for our own miners etc.
howardb

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:02:55 PM

Pretty sure this wasn't a "Minersource" buy, it was a DZMC...
And if you think you're getting better than 33 cents on the dollar for anything involving lawyers...good luck on that.

In reality the delays happened, they sucked, at least we have options to get chips for our own miners etc.

In my experience, (and thats with UK law so I need to do my background work for a US case), you only worry about costs if there is a chance you will lose. Judge normally awards legal costs against losing party. We have a fast track 'small claim' type process for this kind of thing, it's just a form. Besides, Minersource have tacitly accepted guilt by issuing refunds to those that asked early enough! It's only been us late mind changers that they have randomly refused refunds for.
drmadison

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:15:16 PM

I'm not sure how much you have tied into this, but even if I wanted to go through legal means to get my investment back (which I don't) - it would be months if not years before I saw a dime of that, not to mention enough of my time that would cost me far more than what I have invested in this group buy.

I'd rather get part of my money back in the next month, than all of it back next year. Money now is always more valuable than money later.
thomas_s (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:18:34 PM

Also Thomas, could you advise us what the discount is, and for me ( 7 shares=14 chips, so 3 boards and 2 spare chips)  can the money that I have left from the 1 share over= 2 chips be used to pay for the assembly?

Not being funny but I have no interest in bare chips.
Marto said he would accept 4 chips per assembly to not have to pay extra, I'm sure you could work something out with him.

You can see the number of boards that would like to be part of the buy here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681085.0

That will determine the discount based on the technobit website.
Otherwise chips will be available on Wednesday / Thursday for immediate shipment if you would like to get them / deal with assembly yourself.

Hi,

What happens to ppl in the GB that don't want chips?
When does theGB start hashing?

Thanks Dave
The GB will continue with the machines that are left over.

Assembled units being shipped to members of the GB will be shipped free of charge in the USA.

Every GB share = 2 Minion chips (~200-240 Gh/s). We currently do not have a colocation option for the assembled units, if this changes we will offer it (The hardware / chips from this belong to you there will be no fee's etc, if you choose to take the chips / get the assembly)
howardb

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:38:55 PM

If anyone wants the 28 chips from my 14 shares, i'll take  BTC1.8 for the lot, no splitting.  pm me if interested.
thomas_s (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:07:15 AM

The price per board would be the highest discount available 20% off due to volume if placed with the minersource order to technobit (Based on how many people pay)
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:23:33 AM

The price per board would be the highest discount available 20% off due to volume if placed with the minersource order to technobit (Based on how many people pay)

In that case, regarding the above I would like it noted that I wish to keep my 7 shares within this group buy and not to take chips.

thanks.
badarzaman1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:06:54 AM

How many extra chips needed to pay for assembly per board?
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:50:40 PM

How many extra chips needed to pay for assembly per board?

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:42:44 PM

I am not really interested in the boards.

Bobsag or thomas, how about this...

Could I swap my r17 share for a Bitmain S1 shipped to me this week?

Sounds like a fair swap right?

Tell me yay or nay
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

heck I would even take two r-boxes at this point

I think this is fair.
unknown.usr

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:16:37 PM

Okay,  I preface this with the fact that I am currently completely clueless on the status of everything lately except that I know stuff is just slow and not here yet.

I have a share of R17: Black Arrow Prospero X-3 - are keeping this, getting a refund, doing a magic dance?  Smiley
I had one in R21: Bitmain Antminer, which I think we sold.  My memory is hazy now on this, but I remember a payout at one point.
I had a couple other shares in things that were sold.

Is there anything left that is active?

I know why aren't doing this anymore, but I'd prefer to be mining and not giving up.  I mean I am piling up little Antminer U1s here and there at home, but it is just lame.
cannachris

Activity: 406

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:50:34 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 08:31:27 PM by cannachris

Hi I would like a refund for my order #1172 to btc address
Code:
1S7gqq2hkNAdpMFLfi8RdDZVoxpi9CAyu
. Here is the email conversation pasted to verify my identity plus you can just check my past messages on the forum:

Updated.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Chris Lelarge <chris.lelarge@gmail.com> wrote:
My preferred BTC payout address is: 18NWurDsivLJLgNF56UTtevwJpGksKvAii

Could you please confirm having received this email?

Thanks for your excellent service!

Kind regards,
Chris Lelarge

From: DyslexicZombei's Miners Cooperative [mailto:orders@dzminercoop.com]
Sent: donderdag 12 december 2013 07:17
To: clelarge@xs4all.nl
Subject: Note added to your DyslexicZombei's Miners Cooperative: order from December 9, 2013

A note has been added to your order

Hello, a note has just been added to your order:
Missing a payout address please reply to this email with one.
For your reference, your order details are shown below.
Order: #1172
Product   Quantity   Price
R17: Black Arrow Prospero X-3   1   $130
Cart Subtotal:   $130
Shipping:   Free Shipping
Order Total:   $130
Customer details
Email: clelarge@xs4all.nl
Tel: +3164633xxxx
Billing address
Christophe xxxxxx
xxxxxstraat 8C
2311xx Leiden
Netherlands   

DyslexicZombei's Miners Cooperative: An At-Cost Democratic Cooperative with 2.75% Hosting – Powered by WooCommerce

Thanks in advance and sorry things didn't work out on this one...

BTW does anyone know of a cheap & reliable source for minion chips?

drmadison

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

For those of us wanting to just stick with the group buy and ride it out...any ETA on when hashing will be starting?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: