Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:13:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or ETH for long term  (Read 3633 times)
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:27:43 AM

Hey all.

I am confused about these two (BTC and ETH), which one is best to invest/hold for long term ?? How much time I should hold from these two?? Price is going up now a days, what is the best time to buy ? I should wait for buy right now ?
It should be Ethereum. There are really many reasons for this. Only you look at the price increase over the past few weeks! Many ISO begin precisely on the basis of Ethereum
Ethereum is nothing to bitcoin. How much profit has it exactly yield in the last year to its holders or what exactly is the market cap of Ethereum so far this year? It is a way too below bitcoin in every aspect. Moreover, if you have ever observed the changes of digital market, you will be aware of this that not only ETH but almost all of crypto coins depend on bitcoin for making progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_gaint_stark

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:54:02 AM

There’s a high chance of a possibility that Ethereum will replace bitcoin in the top of cryptocurrency. Well, We all know that Bitcoin is the King of Cryptocurrency but Ethereum has a higher demand right now. Many investors are investing in Ethereum rather than bitcoin because of its possibility to increase its price. Plus, there are many projects coming up unlike ripple, and one such project I got to know recently is this token AGRI by blockgrain.io and they are only 7.5 cents! I'm confident because that is backed by Grain…the only asset that has inherent value throughout history.
I’m pretty confident of picking up big bags in their ICO. You can check out AGRI here: blockgrain.io
MikeEhan

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 05:54:29 AM

now is a good time to start investing in BTC and ETH, as prices are still quite cheap while trends are rising, estimated in mid-May BTC prices will reach 12,300 USD. Of course in a very good say.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:24:26 AM

Hey all.

I am confused about these two (BTC and ETH), which one is best to invest/hold for long term ?? How much time I should hold from these two?? Price is going up now a days, what is the best time to buy ? I should wait for buy right now ?
It should be Ethereum. There are really many reasons for this. Only you look at the price increase over the past few weeks! Many ISO begin precisely on the basis of Ethereum
Ethereum is nothing to bitcoin. How much profit has it exactly yield in the last year to its holders or what exactly is the market cap of Ethereum so far this year? It is a way too below bitcoin in every aspect. Moreover, if you have ever observed the changes of digital market, you will be aware of this that not only ETH but almost all of crypto coins depend on bitcoin for making progress.
True. Because bitcoin is more like the heartbeat of every altcoin in the market and once anything strange to the extreme is affecting bitcoin it affects them a lot and the only time they get to even play is when bitcoin is having some rest mode on, which in the trading term is called consolidation.

After all, looking at some of their prices last year to this point, they are still doing very great and that includes Ethereum, even though it got seriously beaten to the point where it started from late last year but it is just how the market has always been.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:34:23 AM

Both Bitcoin and ETH are the biggest crypto in the world and they are used in many economy fields. So, I believe that, holding them in long term is the smart choice.
belingbanged

Activity: 322
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:06:11 AM

Buy now, then hold it until the market price increases at the amount you want, then you can take advantage of it by selling your coins. ETH and BTC both have strong potential to achieve high prices. Maybe for this year, I prefer BTC for the long term, while ETH I can do it with the short term. Although the increase of ETH is slowly if every day always increases then I will get big profit.

Λ  M  M  U  T   |   A LOW-COST HARDWARE PLATFORM
▬▬▬  ● ●   AMMUT.NETWORK   ~
jd2281

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:27:23 AM

Buy when low. Sell when high. If you want long term, you should buy both depending on the money you have. Whatever you bought, the return of your investment will be doubled. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptos and ETH is next to it. So you will never be a loser, but rather be a gainer. Must watch out also to the trends of the market. Know when to sell and buy back again.
heidikim

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:51:16 AM

There are positive thoughts about Ethereum and Bitcoin and it is likely that this aggravation does not change for a long time. The important thing is that the coins you invest do not harm you and attract more investment.
Kaattu1

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:25:39 PM

As cryptocurrency markets mature and profits from investing decline to more normal levels, people who are only investing in Bitcoin for short-term gains or who see cryptocurrencies as a get rich quick scheme will leave the markets, while those who understand Bitcoin’s long-term value will remain.”
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:37:36 PM

My goal is growing ETH amount. i know that majority of people aimed to grow BTC amount, but i don't see any future of tis crypto as long as it is not developing compared to other crypto.
 Most of projects based on ERC-20 standard and BTC doesn't serve for any function
lagharto

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:45:01 PM

My goal is growing ETH amount. i know that majority of people aimed to grow BTC amount, but i don't see any future of tis crypto as long as it is not developing compared to other crypto.
 Most of projects based on ERC-20 standard and BTC doesn't serve for any function
And you are right, i don't clearly see the futurre of bitcoin but there will be a lot more ico's powered of ethereum and a lot of improvements and updates ahead, so now i'm trying to grow the amount of eth too, cheers bro  Wink
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:52:18 PM

I think both of them is nice for longterm. A lot of peoples called Bitcoin as a mother of coins that's why alt coins some depends on their price. Ethereum most second position in coinmarketcap and a lot of tokens use Eth for their platform which is good I think. So, if you want to long term investment just select both of them for safety maybe 50% 50%?
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:36:21 PM

Hey all.

Been answering this same question for many times but still here someone's confused about what todo..

Bitcoin is the huge dominant coin,while ethereum is silent but full or potential coin and with a great platform and being used by most of the ico now.

I dont wanna choose between this two since they are both my trusted coin,what i can advice you is "buy this two coins" equally for the best result of youre investing
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:29:40 PM

Both BTC and ETH are good hold for the long term. Investing in both will be a wise choice.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Kot Kotofej

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

Bitcoin is the most stable coin, but it will give great growth, on the other hand, Ethereum is less stable, but also profit from it more.

Nicol3

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:10:30 PM

You should buy both of these coins because these are good coins for investment. And it would diversify your coins if ever one of the coin is down. And you can just add some more of your investments if you have enough budget for your long term goals.

Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:45:26 PM

Of course, both of these coins. Every investor should have them and these are coins for which I am absolutely calm.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Kankan7772905

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:01:37 PM

Hey all.

Currently the situation is very complicated in the market of crypto-currencies. It seems that the market is growing, but I'm afraid that in the near future it may again collapse. In any case, BTC and ETH in the future will cost many times more than now. Therefore, their are definitely worth buying and keeping.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:24:28 PM

I cant really choose from two since both are dominating crypto in the market as of now.Btc is forefather and is in demand while ethereum is a first smart contract for all tokens.So all I can suggest is holding both.I’ll invest half for btc and half for ethereum so that if both the 2 will excel then a big profit for me.
If we look the past record of both the crypto coins from long term investment point of view, then we’ll notice that it is bitcoin which is having more advantage over ETH and that if you keep on holding all your bitcoins for longer period, it will help you in having lot more profit than that of holding of ETH. The market value of bitcoin grows at much faster rate than that of ETH and hence it can bring more money for you.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:01:01 AM

Hey all.

For me personally ethereum is more suitable for long term investment. You can hold it until your target is met, it is because of the fluctuations that make the high price can come anytime.

Agree with you! both the Bitcoin and Ethereum are always good for investment because both of them has huge potential and has large user community for supporting the BTC and ETH. Now the market is in huge corrections with previous ATH, once it is done then we can see the price start increasing again.
There are many coins other than these two which are really good for long term investment, these are not the only potential coins after all but if someone is looking for a coin that can actually produce large amounts of profit without keeping the investor wait for long, it is only bitcoin. Ethereum indeed never disappoints but makes slow progress. Even after holding for long, profits produced are small.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: