Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:08:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4384 times)
penguincomel

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:16:13 AM

In my opinion, criminals will be happy to use the money obtained through bitcoin to buy fuel to rebel and fight against the government.
Gondwanaland

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:23:57 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

It is not about the bitcoin it is about the people who commit crimes. All of us have free will to do anything those criminals are the people who are dangerous in our community not the bitcoin. Even there is no bitcoin there are some crimes that happened in our community. It is the choice of people on how they manage thero life. For those criminals it os their conscience. therefore those who do their job rightly and  honestly keep it up guys ffor the bitcoin good identity.

RATEONIUM              Twitter       Telegram     Reddit   
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██ SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic ██  ██
SeVenlast

Activity: 413
Merit: 10

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:32:23 AM

Yeah its those bad people to blame. This technology is really an innovation however, due to circumstances that may potentially harm more people than benefit them, the government is taking actions of which one is to ban crypto, a preventice action. When the time comes wherein the government get used to and have fair amount of knowledge of the technical in and out of crypto then, more or less they can minimize the thieves thus making blockchain free flowing.

This is a freedom, if you want to have freedom maybe people also want it in a way that is very much different from doing a criminal.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CRYPTON0101

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:23:23 AM

Be aware..Crypto currency attacks...The 51% attacks confirm proof of work can be hacked. The 51% attack allows for malicious double spending where hackers make money out of thin air, the exchange becomes the victim. Lets say there are 100 miners out of the hundred 51% of them have malicious intent while having the majority 51% vs 49%, ofcourse the majority solves more blocks with more than 50% of the hashrate with the extra hash power the malicious hackers achieve this by alternate change which runs parallel through private secret chain thats not broadcasted making the exchange loose the coins
CRYPTON0101

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:42:46 AM

Not to fear...There's a way to resolve the 51% attack by increasing confirmation. The interim short-term resolution must be executed ASAP once threat is discovered. Another tactic is node notarization POW which layersproof of stake on top of proof of work. A penalty could be assessed for delayed broadcasting.
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:50:17 AM

in this world nothing will be pass from criminals. where is the gold there will be criminal. that surely will be happen on bitcoin also. so nothing in this world free from this bad peoples. bitcoin has being used for their bad reason and bitcoin got the blame for all of that. i always support bitcoin and im very confidence that bitcoin will be last forever.
spadaccino

Activity: 183
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 07:00:09 AM

Well, what if you go in pump station and instead fill your car, use the gasoline to create a bomb and blow yourself there killing others ?
You can do whenever you want.

And that's one of the example of what you can actually do in your day life hurting other life's.
But how many times you heard something like that ?

At the end it's up to you on how manage your doings
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:03:26 AM

Yeah its those bad people to blame. This technology is really an innovation however, due to circumstances that may potentially harm more people than benefit them, the government is taking actions of which one is to ban crypto, a preventice action. When the time comes wherein the government get used to and have fair amount of knowledge of the technical in and out of crypto then, more or less they can minimize the thieves thus making blockchain free flowing.

Yeah, i also think that Bitcoins should not be related to criminals as the criminals can use any currency and do the crime and bitcoin is not directly connected to the crime. Although Bitcoins features like anonymity do support the criminals to involve in criminal acts without keeping the trace of transactions.
haophan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 07:19:05 AM

they are dangerous. This affects the blockchan foundation
tuan16x3abkdn

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:26:26 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.  Cry Cry Cry
suraza21

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:38:49 AM

Hackers will never stop intentionally stealing information or attacking your wallet so you should install two-tier protection and you should be careful of potentially harmful leaks into your data
meliastor

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:48:25 AM

It would need to be compared to big news stories about Bitcoin that came out in the same time frame. I would wager that early adopters are far more likely to have been involved in crime than people who would just be getting into it in the last year.
vssakib

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:51:35 AM

Hello everyone, in Russia you can now buy drugs for crypto currency. I think it's not very good. As it is necessary to fight this

This is not the case in all the countries. In some countries the government has not allowed Bitcoin.I can not imagine such a situation in countries like Russia.so I think bitcoin not crime.
Bitcoin is not a crime But who will use it as their own?
sicnarfwb

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:27:06 AM

BITCOIN BTC is a well known cryptocurrency, we cant deny that anyone can use this as part of their savings or payment transaction in their BITCOIN BTC wallet, even criminals, hackers and fraud can use this as their main source of income in which they can hide their wealth and funds for their bad intention in the community. But BITCOIN BTC is a fiat coin innovating technology that has the capacity to attract people to invest or trade. Criminals can be part of the cycle in BITCOIN BTC world, but for now, no ones know when the developer of cryptocurrency adjust this problem, sooner later the BITCOIN BTC will be more secured.
miti251194

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:31:16 AM

It is also possible for this statement. Because criminals can use money earned by bitcoin to buy guns and explosives to protest the rule of a country. In addition, they can also use the money to hire people to commit crimes.
BorisVirla

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:46:56 AM

It is also possible for this statement. Because criminals can use money earned by bitcoin to buy guns and explosives to protest the rule of a country. In addition, they can also use the money to hire people to commit crimes.

You can not still say that the crypto currency will be a great helper for organized crime.  And in its absence, bandits had the opportunity to buy weapons and commit criminal operations using other means of payment (cash and bank accounts).  Yes, maybe this will simplify their life, but I do not think so.
Frisianhug

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:56:31 AM

I think and I also believe that it is only a very small part of the bitcoin transaction that is used for criminal activity. Do not forget that criminals do not care about the currency. You think that criminals can not use USD or other currency to make their transactions.
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:02:12 PM

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

that is the problem of many emotions and make scams in bitcoin so the number of victims is increasing so the legits that they should really get caught up in order not to legally affect the law.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
enthusia

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

I definitely agree. Those unacceptable doings that involves bitcoin is the fault of those people who choose the opposite path. They were the one who made those illegal transactions not the bitcoin itself.
liaowenlong

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

without Bitcoin, criminals would still find a way of perpetration their activities, as they have been doing long before BTC, can therefore not beheld accountable for the activities of the outlaws, Its just a medium of transaction.  Human beings are to blame, they commit a crime, not Bitcoin. The government only uses this as an excuse. The government will not let the currency be decentralized, they can not control their own currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: