Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:39:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:07:39 AM

I want to make one more point here as an official NXT treasurer.  Those NXT fund spreadsheets in my sig currently document THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION DOLLARS of assets.  This is with the NXT price apparently still being held down by a whale doing a slow selloff of his funds, with NXT still on the launchpad instead of blasting off for da moon.  In a matter of weeks or a few months we could literally be in control of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF NXT.   This is a HUGE HUGE HUGE responsibility.  Disbursing these assets is not like peeling off a five out of your wallet at McDonalds.  There has got to be a CHAIN OF COMMAND.  The treasurer has got to receive clear, unambiguous, and documented authorization to disburse from a SPECIFIC DESIGNATED SPENDING AUTHORITY that everybody acknowledges. 

It's not as big a deal as making sure you've got Presidential authorization to turn that key in a nuke sub....but I'm treating it that way.  Would you rather have a treasurer who didn't?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:08:33 AM

Dev Response Requested

As I've mentioned prior, CoinPayments is working on adding Nxt to their offering. Please help me address this question:

"I've been working on NXT some more today and looking at this page
http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Handling_deposits it sounds like
transactions aren't really "safe" and can disappear until they get 720
confirms (~12 hours). Is that right?"

No, looks like what the page is saying iif "the timestamp and deadline values of a transaction" is correct,  you wouldn'y have to wait that long. 10 confirmation should be enough

Maybe I am mistaken, but that's what it looks like

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:09:08 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 04:43:21 AM by CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Charity Update 1:

We will receive plenty of complementary tickets for the event when we hit our $10k mark. Folks, with matching donations, we're already half way there.  I'm on a TV news station tomorrow to talk about Nxt and Songs of Love.

11:20am Thursday Feb 20 (US-Central -6:00 GMT)

http://www.kspr.com/video-photo/live

Charity Update 2:

"We want to make sure everyone knows that each child get their very own “song of love” on a CD that they can play anytime they are feeling down or in the middle of a scary and/or painful hospital procedure.

Thanks! " - John Beltzer, Founder of Songs of Love

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:25:04 AM

Charity Update 1:

We will receive plenty of complentary tickets for the event when we hit our $10k mark. Folks, with matching donations, we're already half way there.  I'm on a TV news station tomorrow to talk about Nxt and Songs of Love.

Charity Update 2:

"We want to make sure everyone knows that each child get their very own “song of love” on a CD that they can play anytime they are feeling down or in the middle of a scary and/or painful hospital procedure.

great work! can you pm me the donation address? i cant do it atm and it would save me hunting for it again later in this monstrosity of a thread lol id like to help.. i dont have much but its something.. Smiley

on another note... the place i normally buy bitcoin seems out of actoin for some reason.. i only want it to buy nxt.. :/ lol im wondering if anyone would be interested in selling me 100/150 euro worth of nxt? il do a sepa transfer first so you know im not scamming. i have no other way of buying coin at this moment.. :/ you can hold the coins until payment goes through if you like..  thanks and no harm if no one is willing to sell.

I'll be honest, I can't even wrap my mind around the pain and fear that some of the kids must feel. Because of people like you, their day is a bit better. Thank you.

1. Send your NXT payment to the following address which is controlled by Damelon:

Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:26:36 AM

I'm happy to announce that TwinWinNerD has just bought some of my lovely stickers.
Yay!
77 NXT for 5 stickers+postage, its a bargain.

Which made me think: Is this transaction the first time someone has purchased a physical item in exchange for NXT ?
I can't believe no-one has done it before us, but I don't remember seeing anything earlier on in this thread.

sorry, there were some video game sales a while back
Quick search mode.....aha:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464003.msg5127218#msg5127218
Punkrock selling keys for BF4.....does a video game key count? And did he get NXT for them?
I still claim TwinWinNerD and myself for the first physical item transaction......we need to figure this out for the NXT history books.

Yesterday seems so far away:
Nice one, apenzl. Many +1s.

I'm actually a luthier, and I make custom acoustic guitars that I would love to trade for nxt.

If there are any musicians in the community out there that would like a custom guitar, let me know. Making a Nxt themed guitar might be pretty fun.  Cheesy

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:40:33 AM

I want to make one more point here as an official NXT treasurer.  Those NXT fund spreadsheets in my sig currently document THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION DOLLARS of assets.  This is with the NXT price apparently still being held down by a whale doing a slow selloff of his funds, with NXT still on the launchpad instead of blasting off for da moon.  In a matter of weeks or a few months we could literally be in control of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF NXT.   This is a HUGE HUGE HUGE responsibility.  Disbursing these assets is not like peeling off a five out of your wallet at McDonalds.  There has got to be a CHAIN OF COMMAND.  The treasurer has got to receive clear, unambiguous, and documented authorization to disburse from a SPECIFIC DESIGNATED SPENDING AUTHORITY that everybody acknowledges.  

It's not as big a deal as making sure you've got Presidential authorization to turn that key in a nuke sub....but I'm treating it that way.  Would you rather have a treasurer who didn't?

I want you to be as anal as possible. We're talking about the future of a movement.
CoinTropolis_NiftyNikel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:41:08 AM

Charity Update 1:

We will receive plenty of complentary tickets for the event when we hit our $10k mark. Folks, with matching donations, we're already half way there.  I'm on a TV news station tomorrow to talk about Nxt and Songs of Love.

Charity Update 2:

great work! can you pm me the donation address? i cant do it atm and it would save me hunting for it again later in this monstrosity of a thread lol id like to help.. i dont have much but its something.. Smiley

on another note... the place i normally buy bitcoin seems out of actoin for some reason.. i only want it to buy nxt.. :/ lol im wondering if anyone would be interested in selling me 100/150 euro worth of nxt? il do a sepa transfer first so you know im not scamming. i have no other way of buying coin at this moment.. :/ you can hold the coins until payment goes through if you like..  thanks and no harm if no one is willing to sell.

I'll be honest, I can't even wrap my mind around the pain and fear that some of the kids must feel. Because of people like you, their day is a bit better. Thank you.

1. Send your NXT payment to the following address which is controlled by Damelon:

I can't agree more.. all of these donations are going to a great cause to help these kids through their difficult times.

Thank you to everyone that has donated so far and I urge everyone to give a little bit if they can, every Nxt counts!
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:47:21 AM

I'm actually a luthier, and I make custom acoustic guitars that I would love to trade for nxt.

If there are any musicians in the community out there that would like a custom guitar, let me know. Making a Nxt themed guitar might be pretty fun.  Cheesy

Vol, I've been playing bass for almost 30 years now and have owned, off and on, some incredibly fine instruments... from pawn shop discoveries to custom ordered boutique offerings.

My one plan, if Nxt ever takes off... like $10+ territory -- is to order a custom acoustic for my studio. Now I know who to see. Smiley
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:51:46 AM

I want to make one more point here as an official NXT treasurer.  Those NXT fund spreadsheets in my sig currently document THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION DOLLARS of assets.  This is with the NXT price apparently still being held down by a whale doing a slow selloff of his funds, with NXT still on the launchpad instead of blasting off for da moon.  In a matter of weeks or a few months we could literally be in control of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF NXT.   This is a HUGE HUGE HUGE responsibility.  Disbursing these assets is not like peeling off a five out of your wallet at McDonalds.  There has got to be a CHAIN OF COMMAND.  The treasurer has got to receive clear, unambiguous, and documented authorization to disburse from a SPECIFIC DESIGNATED SPENDING AUTHORITY that everybody acknowledges. 

It's not as big a deal as making sure you've got Presidential authorization to turn that key in a nuke sub....but I'm treating it that way.  Would you rather have a treasurer who didn't?

I agree. In my mind NXT is already worth $1 or maybe more - it just isn't reflected in the market yet. And a cautious treasurer is a good treasurer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:56:31 AM

Vol, I've been playing bass for almost 30 years now and have owned, off and on, some incredibly fine instruments... from pawn shop discoveries to custom ordered boutique offerings.

My one plan, if Nxt ever takes off... like $10+ territory -- is to order a custom acoustic for my studio. Now I know who to see. Smiley

I am a computer geek by trade but in my spare time I make long scale baritone guitars out of acoustic basses. I have been offering them for sale for BTC for a couple of years and now NXT for a couple of weeks but so far have only sold them for fiat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:07:20 AM

I'm happy to announce that TwinWinNerD has just bought some of my lovely stickers.
Yay!
77 NXT for 5 stickers+postage, its a bargain.

Which made me think: Is this transaction the first time someone has purchased a physical item in exchange for NXT ?
I can't believe no-one has done it before us, but I don't remember seeing anything earlier on in this thread.

I remember reading jefdiesel runs a pizza restaurant? Why wasn't this our first purchase?

We could do it via AE: jef issues Base Regular, Base Large pizza etc. tokens, and Ham, Olives, Green Peppers, etc topping tokens and Thin Crust, Extra Cheese etc option tokens. A pizza-loving nxter customizes and picks up his Compound Pizza Token through the AE, sends jef an AM, and jef delivers.

The world's first pizza sold for crypto$ through an AE!

(Worldwide delivery within 60 mins, piping hot or a 2nd pizza free Grin)

We should have a mechanism for grouping option tokens like this.

I got pizza for you.. worldwide delivery, i dunno

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:08:09 AM

Nice. Yeah, I was thinking about doing a bitcoin themed guitar 3-4 months ago before I found out about Nxt. I've got some cool ideas involving inlay and stuff that I could do, so yeah, I think I'll start making a Nxt themed one asap. I do it a bit more as hobby atm than a full time job so it would take me at least 3-4 months to make one, but I could start posting pictures of the progress for whoever is interested. I'm working on a couple of non-nxt themed guitars at the moment if anyone is interested too. I'll be offering them at a price that'll probably be similar to an middle-upper end Martin, so it will be a GOOD deal for a true handmade guitar.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
swartzfeger

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:13:32 AM

how do i add a pic on this? just downloaded dotnxt client and a error message came up saying report this to the devs? took a screen shot of the message but i dont no how to add it in a msg here?

Instead of clicking post, click preview, and you will have more posting options, one of which is embedding an img url.

It's the button directly below the Italicize button.

swartzfeger

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:17:25 AM

how do i add a pic on this? just downloaded dotnxt client and a error message came up saying report this to the devs? took a screen shot of the message but i dont no how to add it in a msg here?

got the error again can some one please tell me how to add an image to this message please?Huh

Make sure the image is being hosted somewhere you can copy the url, like http.server.com/image.png

I use dropbox's public folder and it works well.
McDoxy

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:20:51 AM

Whoops,

we just got pushed back to second place by Teslacoin

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:27:35 AM

+100
swartzfeger

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:29:17 AM

ya but would in the tags would i put the file address of where the picture is located on my disc drive or would i have to upload it somehwer?

Uploaded. Like to dropbox or google drive.
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:31:34 AM

Woah, woah, woah.  I want to call a time out here for a few pages.

I'm not trying to be the Grinch here, but I STRONGLY think we've got to get a better handle on this whole process before we just start handing out NXT left and right to ANYBODY. 

I agree.... with everything rickyjames is saying.  Somehow we went from "please apply for the committees" to "these are the committees" to "funds will be disbursed" in less than 36 hours.

Posting twice in this thread and once in forums.nxtcrypto.org does not constitute allowing an adequate response from the community.  This rush to disburse funds for things based on minimal information and (more importantly) a SHORT timeframe is not sustainable.  

I also sort of thought there was gonna be some kind of vetting of people putting their names down for committees, where they would have to put in at least one post describing why they thought they were qualified to serve on a committee, what they wanted to accomplish there, blah blah blah, and um....we might actually VOTE IN A POLL to pick the top 5?

Instead it's just put your name down as a candidate and you're in?  On as many committees as you want?

Yeah.  I've been busy on contract work this week (and will be until April 1) so I'm not able to keep up as much as I'd like.  There are lots of smart, competent folks like me who should be involved in these decisions but can't because they, you know, have jobs.  We seem to be rushing to do things QUICKLY, instead of PROPERLY.  

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:44:05 AM

+100

+100

We should also strive to put an deterministic end to that effort. That committee mechanism may not exist forever.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:45:02 AM

Woah, woah, woah.  I want to call a time out here for a few pages.

I'm not trying to be the Grinch here, but I STRONGLY think we've got to get a better handle on this whole process before we just start handing out NXT left and right to ANYBODY. 

I agree.... with everything rickyjames is saying.  Somehow we went from "please apply for the committees" to "these are the committees" to "funds will be disbursed" in less than 36 hours.

Posting twice in this thread and once in forums.nxtcrypto.org does not constitute allowing an adequate response from the community.  This rush to disburse funds for things based on minimal information and (more importantly) a SHORT timeframe is not sustainable.  

I also sort of thought there was gonna be some kind of vetting of people putting their names down for committees, where they would have to put in at least one post describing why they thought they were qualified to serve on a committee, what they wanted to accomplish there, blah blah blah, and um....we might actually VOTE IN A POLL to pick the top 5?

Instead it's just put your name down as a candidate and you're in?  On as many committees as you want?

Yeah.  I've been busy on contract work this week (and will be until April 1) so I'm not able to keep up as much as I'd like.  There are lots of smart, competent folks like me who should be involved in these decisions but can't because they, you know, have jobs.  We seem to be rushing to do things QUICKLY, instead of PROPERLY.  

Also, we need to be clear that all projects need to be open source to be considered for a bounty.  If the Dev decides to take the Nxt and go, the community can take over the project.
Pages: « 1 ... 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: