Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:01:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
alxx77

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Admin of BTC-e is in the trollbox. Someone should ask him about NXT. I can't post there.

I asked, and it was NO..  Sad
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:48:22 PM

So it's just a client that sits on top of Bitcoin wallet, nothing revolutionary and still very slow.

Would theirs work with other altcoins as well?

We need more people helping jl777 (if he needs the help) to get our crypto gateway working..
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:54:42 PM

Can someone please send me some TestNxt to 10190218411451074580?

Thanks in advance.
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:02:09 PM

So it's just a client that sits on top of Bitcoin wallet, nothing revolutionary and still very slow.

We need more people helping jl777 (if he needs the help) to get our crypto gateway working..

+1000, I'd jump right in if I could code.

At least we'd need an announcement soon, never mind if it is during the work in progress.
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:07:55 PM

+1000, I'd jump right in if I could code.

At least we'd need an announcement soon, never mind if it is during the work in progress.

Indeed, someone should create a similar site / subsite, and perhaps even a countdown.. The AE is the most important innovation coming out of nxt for a while.
alxx77

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:08:43 PM

Hell, with just a little bit more buy support, NXT could VERY easy be number 3...  Smiley
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:22:52 PM

Someone make a clone of jl777, please!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:26:03 PM

Someone make a clone of jl777, please!

Our solutions is still very different and faster (better).  This is just like developing a wallet that incorporates multiple coin clients and then allows you to trade based on your holdings. 
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:27:01 PM

Hey guys,

I don't mean to crash this thread, but I am interested in where the community believes the value/price of NXT will go over the intermediate term (2-6 months) and why.

I have seen different speculations thrown out from time to time, but I haven't been able to find an in depth discussion of the topic.

Obviously if we just look at "news" then the upcoming asset exchange would have some potential to increase the perceived value of NXT. Then, after that the decentralized exchange would have potential to increase the perceived value.

However, I would assume that some real utility would have to begin within the NXT system - i.e. some real exchange trading - substantial fee generation for forging, etc. for the price to really sustain any upward trajectory over the occasional over-bought/correction scenarios we see in all alts.

Any thoughts on the value of NXT (in terms of BTC not dollars) in the intermediate future?

And as a bonus question, I personally would be surprised to see an alt, including NXT, to gain more than 1/2 the market cap of Bitcoin at any given time unless the utility of that coin became a real challenger to BTC - which I believe is a long ways off in any case. So .0125BTC seems to be a best case scenario ceiling for NXT for the longer intermediate term.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:42:28 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 09:58:06 PM by bitcoinpaul

And as a bonus question, I personally would be surprised to see an alt, including NXT, to gain more than 1/2 the market cap of Bitcoin at any given time unless the utility of that coin became a real challenger to BTC - which I believe is a long ways off in any case. So .0125BTC seems to be a best case scenario ceiling for NXT for the longer intermediate term.

Nice question.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:44:39 PM

Hey guys,

I don't mean to crash this thread, but I am interested in where the community believes the value/price of NXT will go over the intermediate term (2-6 months) and why.

I have seen different speculations thrown out from time to time, but I haven't been able to find an in depth discussion of the topic.

Obviously if we just look at "news" then the upcoming asset exchange would have some potential to increase the perceived value of NXT. Then, after that the decentralized exchange would have potential to increase the perceived value.

However, I would assume that some real utility would have to begin within the NXT system - i.e. some real exchange trading - substantial fee generation for forging, etc. for the price to really sustain any upward trajectory over the occasional over-bought/correction scenarios we see in all alts.

Any thoughts on the value of NXT (in terms of BTC not dollars) in the intermediate future?

I believe that 1 NXT is worth $1 and is not actually tied to BTC and I base my actions accordingly. The fact I can get NXT for much cheaper keeps me buying whenever I can until the price catches up.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:54:03 PM

Actually, I see no reason why Nxt should be valued in BTC other than that BTC is the preferred exhange coin at the moment.
There is no reason why Nxt shouldn't be independently valued for fiat.

I have seen the calculation of 21,000,000/1,000,000,000 often and find it useless as it presupposes that Bitcoin will always be the exchange coin "in between".

That is an unsupported assumption and makes that whole calculation useless.

In answer to your other question: no idea what the valuation will be. It all depends of the value that Nxt actually will deliver to people. Looking at developments it seems likely to be in a totally different area than Bitcoin for now. I do not think Nxt will be a "buying" coin. Maybe it will be used as such for a short time, but that will change when the value rises and it will become unwieldy for such.

It's much more likely "Nxt" will become valuable as a means to "power" systems that will have such functions. As such, it's value can be immense, but it all depends on the coming months.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:55:46 PM

Hey guys,

I believe that 1 NXT is worth $1 and is not actually tied to BTC and I base my actions accordingly. The fact I can get NXT for much cheaper keeps me buying whenever I can until the price catches up.

Ok. But theoretically if NXT becomes $1 because BTC becomes $10000, then its not a better investment than BTC. That's why I am interested in the future Nxt/Btc price.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:57:50 PM

Personally I think we gonna test the 0.00012 again and hopefully break it end leave it behind forever.

So keep them BTC ready to support NXT.

What are your 2-6 months price projections for NXT?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

And as a bonus question, I personally would be surprised to see an alt, including NXT, to gain more than 1/2 the market cap of Bitcoin at any given time unless the utility of that coin became a real challenger to BTC - which I believe is a long ways off in any case. So .0125BTC seems to be a best case scenario ceiling for NXT for the longer intermediate term?

Nice question.

FIFY
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:04:04 PM

We really need to create a paper,or insist much on how Nxt forging revenues are like 1/3.000.000(or whatever is the proportion) of bitcoin mining revenues,because the energy Nxt requires to work,is like 1/3.000.000 of the energy Bitcoin consumes and how that let us enjoy an almost-free environment with 2º generation features.

Lots of people may be upset after they realize PoS wont give them big revenues for a small stake as they first expected,and forget about Nxt,as they feel others will get them.

I edit to say i know its mentioned with the "green mining",but maybe it should be even more emphasized or modified,as people dont seem to get it,and end up having a bad impression of it for not receiving nxt.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

Hey guys,

Ok. But theoretically if NXT becomes $1 because BTC becomes $10000, then its not a better investment than BTC. That's why I am interested in the future Nxt/Btc price.

I believe NXT is more likely to increase 20 fold in the near future than BTC is likely to increase 20 fold in the near future. Then again, I could be wrong. I am one of those guys that bought 1200 BTC for around $1 and sold most of them for around $10.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:11:07 PM

Alright so i need a little help understanding something. I have two servers running on two separate computers. Both servers have the same account unlocked. I know the answer is going to be no, but i just want to understand how and why.. Does this double my chances of forging a block?

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:22:50 PM

Hey guys,

Nobody has minded one bit about me becoming a self-deluded totalitarian dictator in this thread.  I don't think they're gonna feel bad about you just crashing it.  Welcome!  You're part of the thread now!

Everybody has been a little distracted and busy throwing everything they've got into improving this baby in its first 90 days.

Up.

A post-apocalyptic hellscape where BTC has reached $10,000 is somewhere I do not want to see even a glimpse of, much less live through.  Or in.

OK, snarky comments aside (dude, it was like you were feeding me straight lines! I just couldn't resist!) I think NXT is something really different and really special on a lot of levels.  The philosophy within it.  The people behind it.  The future before it.  Who knows where it will go.  But if it doesn't go up, and really really really up, it won't be because we didn't try.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:23:57 PM

Hey guys,

Yes, I see where you are coming from.  Nxt is still way under valued in my opinion.  BTC would have to reach a $100B+ marketcap to be worth $10,000, BTC is already reached critical mass growth.  Nxt only has to reach a fraction of BTC's current marketcap ($1B) to be worth $1 per Nxt.  I truly believe by the end of the year we will be at least $1.
Pages: « 1 ... 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: