Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
dan22 (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:35:37 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:45:07 PM

This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

The rewards depent on the conditions of the bounty campaigns. If bounty has fixed token amount rewards, lets say for example 100 tokens per week, then the answer is yes. You get a different award depending on the ICO length. But if a bounty has a system with stakes, then the reward should be the same (if you participate the whole time), whether it is a 4 week or 8 week long campaign. The longer campaing only means you need to do more work for the same amount in the end.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
elosi

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:50:18 PM

For me I feel the longer the ICO the lesser the reward, this because the longer the ICO last the more people join the ICO, and many people into ICO bounty accumulates stakes which will be shared among all members. So for me I prefer bounty with short period of time.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:51:57 PM

ICOs last a long time because they aim to reach the hard cap or at least get close to this goal and this is a difficult task, even more so with the bearish market
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:30:56 AM

Now people trust anyone no longer. Therefore, it takes more time to convince people of the plausibility of a project and its future goals.
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:36:40 AM

Now people trust anyone no longer. Therefore, it takes more time to convince people of the plausibility of a project and its future goals.
I don't know what you are talking about mate. The ICO's are all expecting people to invest in a coin for a long period and then they release the coin at less than 60% of the ICO price. It's not fair for most investors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
almaerk08

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:52:34 AM

I think the icos last for a long period of time because the longer the program lasts, the more investors they can get. When talking about the rewards, I think it also depends on the icos if they give more rewards when their icos last long.
watchurstep45

Activity: 300
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:53:16 AM

The ICOs length depends on a specific project , there are ICOs that it takes only short period of time but most of ICOs is long period  . It take some time to develop and selling their token  thats why ico is too long . They are  planning , strategies in order for them to be successful in  the field of crypto.
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:59:17 AM

ICO period are long because of all the preparations include in holding an ICO, there some legal and paper works they will need to sort out before holding an ico, and they need to get approval from several authorizes in the country so I believe that is why most ICO takes time.

Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:01:46 AM

Not all ICOs take a long time. There are ICOs that only last for a month. But I notice that nowadays ICOs are taking longer periods. I surmise this has something to do with the larger ICO market. The growth of ICO is very fast, faster perhaps than the growth of ICO investors. There are so many ICOs today as compared before and all of them are competing with each other in attracting investors. Longer periods are needed for them to finally catch the attention of ICO investors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:03:32 AM

Some projects have a long ICO selling period because they want the raise the most amount of funds for their project.  Usually if it hit's the hardcap, the ICO is over but they do have the full amount of time they have listed to raise the funds. 
Derizia99

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:05:23 AM

if we are a bounty hunter of ico project, it would be good we read first what project they do, because, the project determines whether ico is good or not, then we have to read whitepaper of ico is so we better understand, old its not the time ico it's running, it depends on the team's strategy they do, ico aim to sell his coins so laku.itu depend on ourselves, want to choose the old ico or ico that briefly, if the problem depends on the gift of ico that determines .

NEIRONIX | SECURITY FROM CRYPTO & ICO SCAM
Token Sale starts on September 1
https://tokensale.neironix.io
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:09:41 AM

There are some ICO's that need thousands of meetings and attending various events around the world so they can be successful. But sometimes, it's because the value they want to raise is far from expected.
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:30:42 AM

I think the ICO period runs very long because the ICO must be prepared well and must be successful so that the product will be made from the ICO results can be very useful and useful for the whole world, while for reward I think you better see the allocation when the first times become a participant.
NCN_Moon

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:42:30 AM

With the long period, the project can be exposed to a wider range of investors thus the coin/token can be distributed more evenly over general public rather than being obtained by major few. The profound value in crypto is being decentralized and, in my opinion, the longer period makes sense in this context.
shfdj

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:53:21 AM

The length of ICO time should be related to the degree of difficulty of the project. The longer the time, the more investors there are and the more fully prepared.
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:58:24 AM

a lot of ICO projects that are ultimately delayed and the time in reverse. I think this must have something to do with token sales from the ICO project. Because sales are slow, have not met the target, and also there is no funds to run the project. Therefore, many end up buying long. These sales are heavily influenced by investors, as well as market conditions. many investors are finally silent and chose not to join because of the market conditions that are not good.
haryatiposton01

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:16:06 AM

Ico will be very long because they want to reach the Hard cap, sometimes the amount of Hard cap they expect too high, bureaucratic problems also be the cause of long period of ICO
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:18:27 AM

That depends on how many allocations to the bounty pool. The period doesn't matter a lot to the result of ico. The only important thing you must remember about how good that ico is. If you are investing in promising ico and you should not care about how long period of the ico is. I have participated in ontology and it takes only a month and that almost give me x40 return from my initial investment.
tisumagic

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:22:09 AM

apparently who feel the ICO lately is very long not just me Grin I think if the longer we follow the ICO then we will get more shares, but do not guarantee that the ICO has a good price later

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: