Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics  (Read 482328 times)
Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:00:45 AM

i logged out of my blockchain wallet and now i can't seem to be able to pair it with my iPhone again. i'm getting an error saying "Failed to get wallet info. Shared key doesn't match" did anyone have this issue as well? if so, how could i fix this so that i can pair my wallet to my iphone again. Thanks in advance

so i did some digging about the device-pairing QR code. i made another account and used a QR decoder to see what info is present. the QR contains your identifier|shared key|password. i'm assuming my previous account's shared key is corrupted.

as for my solution, i exported my btc addresses and priv. key from my old account and imported to my new account. so far no problems. i even made an encrypted backup of my new device-pairing QR code (even tho this might not help if something happens with my shared key again.)

i used this link: http://www.patrick-wied.at/static/qrgen/ to decode and generate the QR code

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piuk (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 12:16:40 PM

I tried sending money from my blockchain.info online wallet.

Thank You for the bug report. You were being asked for a watch only address because the interface didn't think you had enough available funds in addresses with a private key. I'm not sure exactly why this was the case if the interface was showing sufficient balance. Do you watch only addresses have many hundreds of transactions? The javascript requests from the server the top n outputs, at that point not distinguishing between watch only and having a private key.

i logged out of my blockchain wallet and now i can't seem to be able to pair it with my iPhone again. i'm getting an error saying "Failed to get wallet info. Shared key doesn't match" did anyone have this issue as well? if so, how could i fix this so that i can pair my wallet to my iphone again. Thanks in advance

This is actually quite a serious error. The Shared Key is used instead of the users password for server side authentication. If the Shared Key does not match you will not be able to update your wallet or change any settings. A quick fix would be to export the wallet and import it into a new wallet.

On [Import / Export] tab click Export Unencrypted, you should see some JSON - is the sharedKey entry present? Are you using just the iphone app or the android app as well?

Changes To Mixer

* Blockchain.info will now pay the miners fees.

* Fixed slight error in fee calculation. If you have recently made a transaction through the mixer you may receive a small refund - but the amounts are very small (~ 0.001 BTC for a 10BTC transaction).

* The taint of the final output address will now be considered. If using a payout address which has received payments previously the mixer will ensure that no funds are sent to it that are already tainted by the existing transactions.

---------

Running a bit of a Twitter promotion. You can get a small amount of btc by tweeting a link to blockchain.info from the My Wallet intro page.

Fcx35x10

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:51:41 PM

This is actually quite a serious error. The Shared Key is used instead of the users password for server side authentication. If the Shared Key does not match you will not be able to update your wallet or change any settings. A quick fix would be to export the wallet and import it into a new wallet.

On [Import / Export] tab click Export Unencrypted, you should see some JSON - is the sharedKey entry present? Are you using just the iphone app or the android app as well?

Changes To Mixer

* Fixed slight error in fee calculation. If you have recently made a transaction through the mixer you may receive a small refund - but the amounts are very small (~ 0.001 BTC for a 10BTC transaction).

* The taint of the final output address will now be considered. If using a payout address which has received payments previously the mixer will ensure that no funds are sent to it that are already tainted by the existing transactions.

---------

Running a bit of a Twitter promotion. You can get a small amount of btc by tweeting a link to blockchain.info from the My Wallet intro page.

I did just that, export then imported to a new wallet. Seems to be fine on computers but on iOS my transaction history does not show up and on 'My Addresses' tab, i see "Receiving bitcoin addresses"; however, no address are loading  Undecided

i am using an iPhone 4s for my wallet and was initially trying to pair an additional device (iPad) with my original wallet. now i'm just trying to have a working wallet again on my iPhone  Cheesy
piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 12:55:38 AM

Withdraw to MoneyPak directly from My Wallet

BTCPak.com is now integrated with My Wallet allowing for quick and easy withdrawls to MoneyPak. MoneyPak can be used to fund any US PayPal Account and a variety of pre-paid debit cards.

If you select the anonymous option blockchain.info will take on the double spend risk making the MoneyPak available within a few minutes. Otherwise transactions must wait 6 confirmations (approx. 1 hour).

I would like blockchain to offer a consistent UI for many bitcoin services, so If you would like your service added please contact me.

Amount you get for tweeting increased

I did just that, export then imported to a new wallet. Seems to be fine on computers but on iOS my transaction history does not show up and on 'My Addresses' tab, i see "Receiving bitcoin addresses"; however, no address are loading  Undecided

i am using an iPhone 4s for my wallet and was initially trying to pair an additional device (iPad) with my original wallet. now i'm just trying to have a working wallet again on my iPhone  Cheesy

All I can suggest is to remove the app and re-install it. I need to look into this further.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:49:40 AM

What a beast!  Cool

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
DBordello

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

BTCPak.com - Exchange your Bitcoins for MP!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 03:03:43 AM

Withdraw to MoneyPak directly from My Wallet

BTCPak.com is now integrated with My Wallet allowing for quick and easy withdrawls to MoneyPak. MoneyPak can be used to fund any US PayPal Account and a variety of pre-paid debit cards.

If you select the anonymous option blockchain.info will take on the double spend risk making the MoneyPak available within a few minutes. Otherwise transactions must wait 6 confirmations (approx. 1 hour).

Thank you piuk!  I am excited for BTCPak to be integrated with my favorite bitcoin website.  He really did a smooth job of integrating our branding with his. 

I cannot say enough good things about blockchain.info

www.BTCPak.com - Exchange your bitcoins for MP: Secure, Anonymous and Easy!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:13:23 AM

Any news on the newest android update and hopefully a nexus 7 fix?

Keep up the good work

Maybe we can get some more widgets too Cheesy

hi
Fcx35x10

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 03:00:48 AM

I tried sending money from my blockchain.info online wallet.

Thank You for the bug report. You were being asked for a watch only address because the interface didn't think you had enough available funds in addresses with a private key. I'm not sure exactly why this was the case if the interface was showing sufficient balance. Do you watch only addresses have many hundreds of transactions? The javascript requests from the server the top n outputs, at that point not distinguishing between watch only and having a private key.

Changes To Mixer

---------

My share key is present but i still get the error when i tried to pair my iphone.

my new account with the imported address does not seem to load on my iphone either. what would be the best option to get my wallet working again on my phone? :/
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 05:10:12 AM

What's going on here?

The newest block is shown as being over an hour ago (there wasn't such a gap between these blocks) and has a size of 0.

I probably suspended my laptop between visiting this page and taking the screenshot, but why would that cause the data to be incorrect?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:09:53 AM

What's going on here?

The newest block is shown as being over an hour ago (there wasn't such a gap between these blocks) and has a size of 0.

I probably suspended my laptop between visiting this page and taking the screenshot, but why would that cause the data to be incorrect?

I often see something like that.  The live update gets messed up, in particular if you suspend the laptop, but sometimes even without doing that.  Refreshing the page often help.

piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 12:34:21 PM

A bug with this has been fixed. Also taint analysis depth has been increased to 100k outputs (up from 50k).

Any news on the newest android update and hopefully a nexus 7 fix?

Keep up the good work

Maybe we can get some more widgets too Cheesy

Yes I promise an update for the android app and multisig will be coming soon (Maybe not until I get back from holiday though).

picobit is correct, something is a bit bugged with live update on the homepage. Refreshing the page will fix it.

My share key is present but i still get the error when i tried to pair my iphone.

my new account with the imported address does not seem to load on my iphone either. what would be the best option to get my wallet working again on my phone? :/

Could you try and help me pinpoint the problem a bit:

* what browser and Operating system are you using?
* Are you using any password manager (like lastpass)?
* Did you create the wallet on the iPhone app?
* Have you recently imported a wallet backup?

If you login and go to the account settings page again I have added some server side debugging code to help me find the issue.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:04:00 PM

Feature request:
Allow to resend a transaction with a higher fee.
if it uses the exact same prevouts their shouldn't be a problem: just resend it and (maybe) use an additional prevout to cover the higher fee.

if the old transaction confirms the new one cannot and the other way around: so it should be safe.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 02:22:12 PM

Feature request:
if it uses the exact same prevouts their shouldn't be a problem: just resend it and (maybe) use an additional prevout to cover the higher fee.

if the old transaction confirms the new one cannot and the other way around: so it should be safe.

Can I use this method to pay a merchant with a lower fee, and then 5 minutes later pay that same amount to myself with a higher fee?
flower1024
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:24:20 PM

Feature request:

Can I use this method to pay a merchant with a lower fee, and then 5 minutes later pay that same amount to myself with a higher fee?

as i want him to code it in a way which keeps the transaction intact: no
but you can use the rawtransaction api from bitcoin.7 to do that what you described

0 confirmations are always a risk...

this feature is only intented to push a transaction harder which does not want to go into a block (which is important because blockchain.info has a feature to not pay any transaction fee if the user wants it that way).

edit: more clarification
piuk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 02:53:16 PM

I think this issue should be fixed now. It was a problem with case sensitivity between the shared key.

Feature request:

I don't think re-constructing the transaction and double spending is the best way to handle this.

Either mining pools should offer a service where you can pay a small amount to have a transaction marked as high priority.

Or by an output from the transaction with low fees with a transaction that has a high fee attached the bitcoind transaction priority algorithm should take into account the extra fees which can be gained by mining both transactions, and hence marking the low fee transaction as high priority as well. This way if a merchant wants to increase the confirmation speed of a transaction all they have to do is spend it with a high fee.

Fcx35x10

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:15:38 PM

Could you try and help me pinpoint the problem a bit:

* what browser and Operating system are you using?
* Are you using any password manager (like lastpass)?
* Did you create the wallet on the iPhone app?
* Have you recently imported a wallet backup?

If you login and go to the account settings page again I have added some server side debugging code to help me find the issue.

*On my computer, I am using ubuntu with Chrome browser (everything seems to be fine on computer)
on my smartphone device, I am using an iPhone 4S, on fw 5.1.1
*I'm not using any password manager
*I did create the wallet from the iPhone app
*I recently imported my old wallet,the one with the shared keys that wouldn't allow me to pair-device again, to my new wallet.

salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:51:02 PM

(This is a repost of a post I had deleted. My attempt at using Google Docs to host an image didn't work.  Dropbox should work.)

Payment notifications now up

http://blockchain.info/wallet/payment-notifications

• Google Talk
  • Http POST

Just knocked together some PHP a few days ago to turn HTTP POST notifications into Prowl notifications that show up on my phone, but when I went to change settings to use it, this is what I found:

HTTP POST isn't among the options listed here.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
flower1024
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 05:45:22 AM

I think this issue should be fixed now. It was a problem with case sensitivity between the shared key.

Feature request:

I don't think re-constructing the transaction and double spending is the best way to handle this.

Either mining pools should offer a service where you can pay a small amount to have a transaction marked as high priority.

Or by an output from the transaction with low fees with a transaction that has a high fee attached the bitcoind transaction priority algorithm should take into account the extra fees which can be gained by mining both transactions, and hence marking the low fee transaction as high priority as well. This way if a merchant wants to increase the confirmation speed of a transaction all they have to do is spend it with a high fee.

hi piuk,

but as a user of your wallet this solution does not help me if i want to get a stucked transaction through. and you (kind of) already do this: after 24h you delete the transaction and i can send a new one - this is also (likely) a double-spend.

btw. most pools dont do your described fee calculation yet. which means if there is a high fee transaction which needs a low-fee input most pools would still ignore the low fee one (because fees dont really matter now; except for spamming protection)
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:11:13 AM

I've got an idea that I think would be a great feature for you to implement at some point which is to have co-password accounts for authorizing any spend from a wallet.

Basically the same feature you get with a lot business/shared bank accounts, two or more people would have to confirm the same send two address, amount and their individual passwords to authorize a transaction.

I think this feature would give a lot of people who collaborate together peace of mind, promote collaborative projects using bitcoin and also be used for escro.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 01:50:31 PM

I've got an idea that I think would be a great feature for you to implement at some point which is to have co-password accounts for authorizing any spend from a wallet.

Basically the same feature you get with a lot business/shared bank accounts, two or more people would have to confirm the same send two address, amount and their individual passwords to authorize a transaction.

I think this feature would give a lot of people who collaborate together peace of mind, promote collaborative projects using bitcoin and also be used for escrow.

^^^ That's this "multi-signature transactions" thing that the developers have been working on and talking about for I think almost a year now. It's already implemented in the protocol, and should be a usable feature probably before the end of this year.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: