Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:45:06 AM

Hey guys,

Is anyone working on a wallet for the Raspberry Pi?

I tried compiling both the qt and the headless NOBL wallets on my RaspPi 2 but I bumped into a lot of errors.

I would be great to have a qt-wallet able to stake NOBL on a low power device that can run forever, adding valuable nodes to the network.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:53:40 AM

Hey guys,

I tried compiling both the qt and the headless NOBL wallets on my RaspPi 2 but I bumped into a lot of errors.

I would be great to have a qt-wallet able to stake NOBL on a low power device that can run forever, adding valuable nodes to the network.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

i don't have a raspberry, but would like to know what errors do you see? try to setup up like in this tutorial http://blog.pryds.eu/2014/06/compile-bitcoin-core-on-raspberry-pi.html
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:41:02 AM

Bittrex wallet still disabled  Sad

We have a balance problem that we're working out with the dev...

Sorry for the delay.

richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:57:47 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 11:16:49 AM by james6546

The community PoA campaign is still running, but only until tomorrow. So if you fancy up to 10k fancy shiny new PoS NobleCoins check it out.

http://promoplugs.com/Campaign.aspx?CID=147

Please make sure the receiving wallet is on the new blockchain or you won't get em Smiley

Edit: I'll leave the next round of payouts until 6pm GMT so people have time to get their wallets sorted.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:27:31 AM

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

i don't have a raspberry, but would like to know what errors do you see? try to setup up like in this tutorial http://blog.pryds.eu/2014/06/compile-bitcoin-core-on-raspberry-pi.html

That is approximately what I did to compile other wallets (NVC, PPC, XPY, BLK, HYP)

But for NOBL, I had to try something else.

First attempt:

$ qmake

One of the messages states:

Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widgets

$ make

This stops almost immediately with a message:

cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-msse2’
Makefile:703: recipe for target 'build/bitcoin.o' failed
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

Second attempt:

$ qmake

Now I edited the Makefile and removed the ‘-msse2’ flags

$ make

Now the compilation returns other error:
src/uint256.h:14:19: fatal error: gmpxx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

My Linux knowledge is limited but I would like to learn how to overcome this.

Can someone, please, help me?

Thanks

eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:45:31 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 12:00:06 PM by eagleflies

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

That is approximately what I did to compile other wallets (NVC, PPC, XPY, BLK, HYP)

First attempt:

$ qmake

$ make

Second attempt:

$ qmake

$ make

compilation terminated.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

First attempt:

$ qmake

$ make

Second attempt:

$ qmake

$ make

compilation terminated.

Thanks

I think you miss library for GMP

ii  libgmp-dev:amd64        2:5.1.3+dfsg-1ub amd64            Multiprecision arithmetic library developers tools

This 'libgmp-dev' is what I have installed under kubuntu.

Edit: I have just added info about this library to docs: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/blob/eagle/doc/build-unix.txt#L67

Thank you!
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:09:00 PM

Thanks to myeagleflies and to all who helped with the process!

The new Noble era has begun Wink
eagleflies

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:28:20 PM

Thanks to myeagleflies and to all who helped with the process!

The new Noble era has begun Wink

On that note - is anyone capable of modifying our OP? We should change it to provide information about PoS, remove outdated links to pools etc.

Any takers? Wink
Bigrah

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:48:53 PM

Sorry if my question is dumb. But its my first coin with POS and i dont really get it.

About 7h ago my wallet showed a few k as Balance and 98% of my Coins under Stake.

About 5 min ago there where 80% Balance and 20% under Stake.

And now there is no Stake Coins and all under Balance.

I got mined coins. But i dont get the Balance/Stake. Should not everythin be at Stake that is older than 2h??

Also should the PC need that much CPU Power while staking? Or should i reboot him if something else uses the CPU???
eagleflies

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:07:17 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 06:37:03 PM by eagleflies

Sorry if my question is dumb. But its my first coin with POS and i dont really get it.

About 7h ago my wallet showed a few k as Balance and 98% of my Coins under Stake.

I got mined coins. But i dont get the Balance/Stake. Should not everythin be at Stake that is older than 2h??

Also should the PC need that much CPU Power while staking? Or should i reboot him if something else uses the CPU???

Brief description how POS II works

Explanation of Balance and Stake sections
After wallet is started everything is under Balance. Your wallet begins attempts to stake.
Then if it manages to stake a block money from this particular transaction moves under Stake.
It stays there for 70 blocks until reward matures.
Then it moves back under Balance and this money is available for staking again.

Regarding CPU power usage- it depends on how many transactions you have in your wallet. POS II design is that every successful staking splits transaction into two halves. Hence transaction sizes become smaller and smaller which means there will be more and more transactions competing with other wallets. This increases PoS weight and helps secure the network.

However the more transactions you have the more CPU power is used. So you can see both pros and cons. I do not know how many transactions you have and what computer you are using. If CPU usage is too high you can generate new receiving address and send all money from your wallet into this single address. This way you will have just one transaction which will be staking so CPU usage should drop.

Apart of that there may be other reasons why CPU usage is high. Common one is not enough RAM etc.

Example:

1. Let's say you have 10 mil of coins in one transaction.
2. If you keep staking it after a while staking event happens.
3. 10 mil is divided onto 2 transactions (5 mil + reward) each (this moves under Stake section)
4. After 70 blocks 10 mil + reward is moved back under Balance. The only difference is now you have 2 transactions of 5 mil each which try to stake.

Real world example:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/block.dws?2834.htm

From (amount) -> 9pyknnPjfJ9cQFbt7ovZS44tTUBbiea73m   500,057.18 NOBLES
Created   30.39405957 NOBLES

You can see "From" transaction was split into two transactions:
- 9pyknnPjfJ9cQFbt7ovZS44tTUBbiea73m   250,043.78 NOBLES
- 9pyknnPjfJ9cQFbt7ovZS44tTUBbiea73m   250,043.79405957 NOBLES
Bigrah

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:09:39 PM

Explanation of Balance and Stake sections
After wallet is started everything is under Balance. Your wallet begins attempts to stake.
Then if it manages to stake a block money from this particular transaction moves under Stake.
It stays there for 70 blocks until reward matures.
Then it moves back under Balance and this money is available for staking again.

Regarding CPU power usage- it depends on how many transactions you have in your wallet. POS II design is that every successful staking splits transaction into two halves. Hence transaction sizes become smaller and smaller which means there will be more and more transactions competing with other wallets. This increases PoS weight and helps secure the network.

However the more transactions you have the more CPU power is used. So you can see both pros and cons. I do not know how many transactions you have and what computer you are using. If CPU usage is too high you can generate new receiving address and send all money from your wallet into this single address. This way you will have just one transaction which will be staking so CPU usage should drop.

Example:

1. Let's say you have 10 mil of coins in one transaction.
2. If you keep staking it after a while staking event happens.
3. 10 mil is divided onto 2 transactions (5 mil + reward) each (this moves under Stake section)
4. After 70 blocks 10 mil + reward is moved back under Balance. The only difference is now you have 2 transactions of 5 mil each which try to stake.

Thanks!
eagleflies

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:23:33 PM

Thanks!

No worries. I have added "real world" example to my post which should help you grasp what is happening under the hood. Wink
JD_NL

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:30:52 PM

Can't tell what the status on C-Cex is. Trading has not been suspended, no annoucement, same balance.

I can see they have chat window. Do you have an account with them? Could you ask them about the switch?

I went to IRC, but it does not look they have IRC channel.

I got a hold of C-Cex support, you should get a pm anytime soon.
eagleflies

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:45:22 PM

Can't tell what the status on C-Cex is. Trading has not been suspended, no annoucement, same balance.

I can see they have chat window. Do you have an account with them? Could you ask them about the switch?

Responded to his message. Thanks!
JD_NL

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

Responded to his message. Thanks!

Glad to have been of service Smiley
catotune

Activity: 422

Meow

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 05:35:45 PM

Dear Admin,

I am using version v1.1.0.3 .

http://prntscr.com/6cmqsm

I can not transfer my coins to Bittrex from my wallet . Please help me for fix it ! What should I do atm ?

Sincere thanks so much !

1. Do not panic Wink

2. It is too late to convert coins via exchange. But you can do it by yourself too without any time limit.

2.1. This is the recommended method: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option

2.2. This is manual method https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys

3. To be able to see proper balance in your new wallet two conditions must be met:
- you need to import private keys using any method
- coins need to be distributed first (This has not started yet. I will announce when this happens)

Sincere thanks for your enthusiastic help !

I will try to do it. I am newbie.. ! Hope you will help me again if i do anything wrong in processing !

Sincere thanks again !

I am in a similar situation - I have 100,000 NOBL from a while ago, and I just saw on Twitter yesterday that everything moved to POS (I've been out of the loop!).

My existing POW wallet is encrypted, so I tried the method of sending the balance to a new (unencrypted) wallet address, using the old POW client.

This seemed to work - here is the receiving address in the block explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/address.dws?9Y8c7jZWyYgzKbnV94KmMDVErobyGphuKh.htm

However, when I start up the new wallet - either in the old client, or in the new client using -salvagewallet after copying the unencrypted POW wallet to Appdata\Roaming\NoblecoinPOS - I don't see the 100K balance.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks!
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:59:38 PM

Dear Admin,

I am using version v1.1.0.3 .

http://prntscr.com/6cmqsm

I can not transfer my coins to Bittrex from my wallet . Please help me for fix it ! What should I do atm ?

Sincere thanks so much !

1. Do not panic Wink

2. It is too late to convert coins via exchange. But you can do it by yourself too without any time limit.

2.1. This is the recommended method: https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Importing-private-keys-from-old-wallet.dat-using---salvagewallet-option

2.2. This is manual method https://github.com/eagleflies/noblecoin/wiki/Manual-way-of-importing-private-keys

3. To be able to see proper balance in your new wallet two conditions must be met:
- you need to import private keys using any method
- coins need to be distributed first (This has not started yet. I will announce when this happens)

Sincere thanks for your enthusiastic help !

I will try to do it. I am newbie.. ! Hope you will help me again if i do anything wrong in processing !

Sincere thanks again !

I am in a similar situation - I have 100,000 NOBL from a while ago, and I just saw on Twitter yesterday that everything moved to POS (I've been out of the loop!).

My existing POW wallet is encrypted, so I tried the method of sending the balance to a new (unencrypted) wallet address, using the old POW client.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nobl/address.dws?9Y8c7jZWyYgzKbnV94KmMDVErobyGphuKh.htm

However, when I start up the new wallet - either in the old client, or in the new client using -salvagewallet after copying the unencrypted POW wallet to Appdata\Roaming\NoblecoinPOS - I don't see the 100K balance.

Myeagleflies will hopefully clarify, but to me this would not work as what happened was there was a snapshot taken and all of the coins distributed onto the new bockchain as they were in the old one. So you transferred them after the copy back, the coins won't be there.

Will it not work with the unlockwallet command? I can't remember what it was offhand.

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:03:08 PM

Bittrex wallet still disabled  Sad

We have a balance problem that we're working out with the dev...

Sorry for the delay.

richie@bittrex

Wallet is back open for withdrawals/deposits....

thanks,
richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
catotune

Activity: 422

Meow

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 06:47:11 PM

Myeagleflies will hopefully clarify, but to me this would not work as what happened was there was a snapshot taken and all of the coins distributed onto the new bockchain as they were in the old one. So you transferred them after the copy back, the coins won't be there.

Will it not work with the unlockwallet command? I can't remember what it was offhand.

Thanks for the reply james!

The OP states that there isn't a way to unencrypt a wallet once it's encrypted:

If your wallet is encrypted things become more complex as there is no way to remove encryption AFAIK. You have two options:

create new un-encrypted PoW wallet and transfer your funds there. then you will be able to follow -salvagewallet method to move the keys into PoS wallet
    send money to an exchange - 2.1. method

At this point, it doesn't matter, since I sent my coins from the encrypted one, and I can't get them back unless I can see them in my new address (in my unencrypted wallet). What you explained about the timing of the snapshot makes sense, but I was just being hopeful based on eagleflies's comment:

Is it true that there isn't a time limit? I also tried importing the receiving address private key into the POS wallet, but that didn't give me my balance either.

Thanks again!
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:12:23 PM

congrats to NOBL team for a successful move to new blockchain & POS.

Now if only I could get the test wallet to somehow work on the new blockchain...
Pages: « 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: