Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:10:36 PM

so with about .3BTC in volume the last 5 days, looks like NOBL will be delisted on Bitrex unless in the next two days the volume reaches over 1.1BTC. What can we do as a community to keep this coin listed?!

Simply buy. Really we need only $260 or so to remain listed. If NobleCoin can't muster that then it being delisted isn't a big deal. It will remain on Polionex.

much less than $260 , to trade 1.1 BTCs of vol with yourself would prob cost around $10-$15.

Yeah, I was speaking in regards to legitimately buying enough to raise volume. But you're right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:08:31 PM

so with about .3BTC in volume the last 5 days, looks like NOBL will be delisted on Bitrex unless in the next two days the volume reaches over 1.1BTC. What can we do as a community to keep this coin listed?!

Simply buy. Really we need only $260 or so to remain listed. If NobleCoin can't muster that then it being delisted isn't a big deal. It will remain on Polionex.

much less than $260 , to trade 1.1 BTCs of vol with yourself would prob cost around $10-$15.

Yeah, I was speaking in regards to legitimately buying enough to raise volume. But you're right.

I'm afraid that in its current state, nobl will be on the chopping block every other week, even when we manage to get the volume up again this time..
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:25:31 PM

So, it's been a while since I've popped in here, but it looks like there has been quite a number of significant changes hasn't there?

I tend not to follow particular coins anymore (mostly because I don't particularly care for alt-crypto anymore), but I've always had a special spot for NOBL. With that said, these are my observations:

Rofo has divested from NOBL from both a work capacity, and from a direct-development capacity. However, despite him being "separated" from this path, he's still setting up the framework around NOXT to be functional with NOBL (the "dysfunctionality" that exists between himself and the other NOXT stakeholders are a whole other issue).

Because of that there is no clear development path for NOBL, nor clear sense of community focus from this once strong community. Eaglefiles worked as the technical (and I think is still functioning in that capacity), but no one has decided to step up to fill in the business leader void (mostly because a lot of people are confused on whether Rofo will step back in; from my vantage point, it seems clear to me that he'll provide service but not direction). In order for NOBL to have a continued presence, someone or a group of people will have to fill that void.

As it stands now, there is no "roadmap" (the buzz word in the land of crypto), or better yet, a plan of action. Roadmaps are finicky, but plans of action allow people to dedicate responsibility for development. There have been quite a few strong people that have come along for this ride; it may make sense to find a foray to build upon.

Fortunately, it looks like the fork (to me it seems this was a pure fork) worked successfully, something that is worth being praised about as a testament to the legitimacy of this coin. There have been so many other coins that have failed a fork from PoW to PoS (or instead relying on "wallet swaps"), that many assume that a successful fork has never happened. This is one of the few coins that can actually say, "look, we made it work."

If this coin is to continue on, it's going to need to be community-driven. It's just a matter of finding those who are willing and able to take the lead. The ambassador approach was a really strong idea; and maybe that idea can be revisited in this new crypto-environment.

And finally, to be frank, it's not the fault of NOBL in and of itself that led to it's current state. It's more due to the fact that this coin was created at the beginning of the BTC bear market of 2014. I'm confident that if this coin wasn't made in the midst of a terribly bearish market, things would be completely different. However, now that the BTC peg is much more stable, things can be different if this community decides to take up a position to follow.

Oh well, that's my two cents on NOBL, best of luck to you all!
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:47:50 AM

So, it's been a while since I've popped in here, but it looks like there has been quite a number of significant changes hasn't there?

I tend not to follow particular coins anymore (mostly because I don't particularly care for alt-crypto anymore), but I've always had a special spot for NOBL. With that said, these are my observations:

Rofo has divested from NOBL from both a work capacity, and from a direct-development capacity. However, despite him being "separated" from this path, he's still setting up the framework around NOXT to be functional with NOBL (the "dysfunctionality" that exists between himself and the other NOXT stakeholders are a whole other issue).

Because of that there is no clear development path for NOBL, nor clear sense of community focus from this once strong community. Eaglefiles worked as the technical (and I think is still functioning in that capacity), but no one has decided to step up to fill in the business leader void (mostly because a lot of people are confused on whether Rofo will step back in; from my vantage point, it seems clear to me that he'll provide service but not direction). In order for NOBL to have a continued presence, someone or a group of people will have to fill that void.

As it stands now, there is no "roadmap" (the buzz word in the land of crypto), or better yet, a plan of action. Roadmaps are finicky, but plans of action allow people to dedicate responsibility for development. There have been quite a few strong people that have come along for this ride; it may make sense to find a foray to build upon.

Fortunately, it looks like the fork (to me it seems this was a pure fork) worked successfully, something that is worth being praised about as a testament to the legitimacy of this coin. There have been so many other coins that have failed a fork from PoW to PoS (or instead relying on "wallet swaps"), that many assume that a successful fork has never happened. This is one of the few coins that can actually say, "look, we made it work."

If this coin is to continue on, it's going to need to be community-driven. It's just a matter of finding those who are willing and able to take the lead. The ambassador approach was a really strong idea; and maybe that idea can be revisited in this new crypto-environment.

And finally, to be frank, it's not the fault of NOBL in and of itself that led to it's current state. It's more due to the fact that this coin was created at the beginning of the BTC bear market of 2014. I'm confident that if this coin wasn't made in the midst of a terribly bearish market, things would be completely different. However, now that the BTC peg is much more stable, things can be different if this community decides to take up a position to follow.

Oh well, that's my two cents on NOBL, best of luck to you all!

Great summary! I have to admit i also stopped following most coins on a daily basis.

I think nobl Will get a good boost out of noxt when rofo manages to get stuff rolling. Untill then, i think mist People domt know where to take nobl, even id they would take the lead.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:52:13 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 03:20:20 AM by Rofo

Somewhat yes. After one year and with the progress with my plan for NOBL not being overly well received I did take a step back. I also lost the capacity and time to continue to drive NOBL as much as I was.

Unfortunately this is not the case. It was a bootstrap/swap with extra coins created, not a fork.

I have created a Slack group for NOBL/NOXT if members are interested: https://noxt.slack.com.

I would be happy if we took a step back and went back to the drawing board, to see how we can move forward.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:22:51 PM

is PoS working? i have coins in wallet since 3/4/15, they've not moved, but the wallet says "not staking because you don't have mature coins"

using v2.0.1.0/win7, wallet unlocked for staking

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:41:54 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 06:53:59 PM by eagleflies

Unfortunately this is not the case. It was a bootstrap/swap with extra coins created, not a fork.

I have created a Slack group for NOBL/NOXT if members are interested: https://noxt.slack.com.

I would be happy if we took a step back and went back to the drawing board, to see how we can move forward.

Not sure why you keep talking about this. Coins were created and distributed to same addresses as on old blockchain. Surplus was burnt. In fact this premine is better documented then premine which you did at the very beginning.
eagleflies

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 06:52:15 PM

is PoS working? i have coins in wallet since 3/4/15, they've not moved, but the wallet says "not staking because you don't have mature coins"

this is common issue after conversion, cause - unknown, devs are silent.
send all your coins to yourself, better to a new address, and restart the wallet

This is the way PoS II works. Please check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 and read section "8 POS II". Pay special attention to chart no. 2. You can see that coin age increases until it reaches its highest point then it starts decreasing. This is an incentive to open wallet frequently. If someone opens wallet e.g. twice per year it is unlikely he/she will earn any interest. At this point one has to send all his money to new address in his wallet and coin age will start increasing again.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:54:43 PM

Somewhat yes. After one year and with the progress with my plan for NOBL not being overly well received I did take a step back. I also lost the capacity and time to continue to drive NOBL as much as I was.

Thank you for the clarification Rofo, at least it was better than a pure swap done by an exchange.

I also think a step back to the drawing board would provide members of this community a much needed chance to reengage and determine an approach with NOBL in this dramatically different alt-crypto realm from what it was a year ago. Once again, best of luck with it all.
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:42:34 AM

send all your coins to yourself, better to a new address, and restart the wallet

This is the way PoS II works. Please check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 and read section "8 POS II". Pay special attention to chart no. 2. You can see that coin age increases until it reaches its highest point then it starts decreasing. This is an incentive to open wallet frequently. If someone opens wallet e.g. twice per year it is unlikely he/she will earn any interest. At this point one has to send all his money to new address in his wallet and coin age will start increasing again.

thanks for the explanation, quite a mess actually that POS version, alas i wasn't aware,
now slowly preparing to leave this ship  Undecided

Its not a mess, its a deliberate feature to protect the coin from attacks / double spends by big holders as it is not possible to stake half of the coins at once. You just need to be more active in opening the wallet.
eagleflies

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:44:33 AM

thanks for the explanation, quite a mess actually that POS version, alas i wasn't aware,
now slowly preparing to leave this ship  Undecided

This is a feature which provides an incentive for people to open their wallets more frequently. From security point of view this really makes sense. In POS realm security is provided by coin owners themselves. There is no miners who secure coin.

People are different hence you may not like it. But in my view coin with more people keeping their wallets open is 'better' than another coin which does not have so strong community.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 09:33:36 AM

This is a feature which provides an incentive for people to open their wallets more frequently. From security point of view this really makes sense. In POS realm security is provided by coin owners themselves. There is no miners who secure coin.

Indeed, for PoW, miners and pools handle the security, and you pay for it in the form of inflation, selling pressure and risk (if the pools go offline, multipools jumping in/out, etc.).
For PoS, stakers handle the security and are paid for it by interest.

However security is a 24/7 concern, and staking 24/7 is thus the only way to secure the network.

Staking once in a while can actually be very detrimental to security:

• when the stakers comes online with a heavy stake weight, they will find many blocks in a short time, which won't have time to propagate, and thus can result in orphans/forks (dozens to hundreds of blocks forks do happen that way)
  • when the stakers are offline, they are not there to secure the network, which is thus more vulnerable

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:39:52 PM

Its not a mess, its a deliberate feature to protect the coin from attacks / double spends by big holders as it is not possible to stake half of the coins at once. You just need to be more active in opening the wallet.

my wallet is open 24/7 which is enough to help protect the network imho.
so my only incentive is to write a script checking weight behavior
to resend coins at proper times, or modify wallet code.
why should i bother, it's easier to dump and buy in smth else not so advanced

So nowadys "innovative" or "advanced" is not good anymore and people just want plain old and simple? Sometimes I don't understand this forum.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 04:45:25 AM

A reminder Slack is up for those interested, just send me a message.

eagleflies

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:18:56 AM

my wallet is open 24/7 which is enough to help protect the network imho.
so my only incentive is to write a script checking weight behavior
to resend coins at proper times, or modify wallet code.
why should i bother, it's easier to dump and buy in smth else not so advanced

The behavior I described should happen only for wallets with long periods of inactivity.
eagleflies

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:19:32 AM

Sent.
paytplay

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

so much for noblecoin on bittrex
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:11:51 PM

so much for noblecoin on bittrex

it seems we got delisted
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NOBL
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 09:28:58 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 11:52:36 AM by Zebedee23

Sent.
still waiting 4 invite, emailed and dm'd many days ago

edit: received ages ago, didn't notice, silly me

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 07:01:44 AM

Hey guys, did the coin change with the wallet 2.0 version? I downloaded the new version and tried to import my wallet.dat but it didn't seem compatible so I just let it create a new wallet.dat. When it finished loading the blockchain I sent my Noble from my old wallet to the new (12+ hrs ago) but nothing has arrived yet. I haven't been active in the scene for a while but I didn't see anything about this on the main post.

Pages: « 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: